PDA

View Full Version : The DLC

JonMacAdome
04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Well I just got Pocket Legends and played up to level 11, saw there's DLC available to expand the game (seeing how of course nothing is ABSOLUTLEY FREE). I thought awesome, more content, get to play more--get more L00t! But nay, it seems as though you have to purchase each one for $2 I think that each DLC should be free and if not, at most $1. It's a great game but it needs lot of improvement. Thank god you've got a wonderful team and plenty of time. Just re-evaluate the DLC situation. Oh! and add more loot and see how much you can expand on race/class hybridding (If that's a word??) ;b

setec
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Just for clarification on your post, you do not have to purchase DLCs again for for each character. Once you purchase a DLC such as map packs, it is available for your account and all characters and future characters within.

JonMacAdome
04-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Just for clarification on your post, you do not have to purchase DLCs again for for each character. Once you purchase a DLC such as map packs, it is available for your account and all characters and future characters within.

Oh gosh thanks for clearing that up. I went off assumption and context clues but now I understand and that is much better :)
But I still stand with the $1 expansions. I'm a budget gamer haha

Martin JF
04-11-2010, 04:19 PM
1,99$ is a fair price. This, like all mmo's need to Get stuff added to it a lot for it to stay at the top, but that's not possible if they dont Get enough money.

JonMacAdome
04-11-2010, 05:04 PM
1,99$ is a fair price. This, like all mmo's need to Get stuff added to it a lot for it to stay at the top, but that's not possible if they dont Get enough money.

See, I had thought about that too since it can't be easy making this game and running everything and having to pay everyone. But the majority of people are like me, wanting cheaper DLC. Just one dollar less could open the door for stingy budget gamers like myself, though i do plan on buying the first dungeon today. It could even out having to pay for a free game. I get where you coming from though, but some would maybe feel cheated. Maybe make it a paid app? One time price and then all the rest is free? I feel more comfortable buying them now that I know it effects everyone on the account.

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
In my opinion mandatory DLC should be kept to 99c (new dungeons)

To supplement this optional DLC should come at a premium. (Gold, gear, emotes etc)

JonMacAdome
04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
In my opinion mandatory DLC should be kept to 99c (new dungeons)

To supplement this optional DLC should come at a premium. (Gold, gear, emotes etc)

Personally I don't think players should be allowed to purchase gold and weapons and armor, they should have to earn it. But the game's not big enough yet for this method to be the best. $1 dollar dungeons, the rest is free. Just make plenty of expansions haha :)

setec
04-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I personally plan on purchasing the map packs but don't plan on buying gold or weapons/armor. The reason for that is because I make enough gold and I eventually get a drop on a good item that was for sale with real money. HOWEVER, if someone wants to come in and pay Spacetime Studios for 2500 gold, epic armor & weapons, then more power to them. It supports the company and it doesn't really ruin anything because there is no in game economy to ruin. Also, a level 1 char could purchase everything outright but they still have to level up to what their weapons & armor require.

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Personally I don't think players should be allowed to purchase gold and weapons and armor, they should have to earn it. But the game's not big enough yet for this method to be the best. $1 dollar dungeons, the rest is free. Just make plenty of expansions haha :)

I disagree completely.. Gold as it stand is most commonly used for Potions...

Potions allow for extended gameplay as wehn you run out of pots its hard to play.

therefore under the free to play model... $$ = playtime.. which makes sense..

Armor.. in most game.. for cash i would be against.. but.. Spacetime needs money to operate.. and this is purchaseable content that is optional and doenst ruin the game for the rest of us.

Jsaya
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I have not spent 1 gold on potions yet. There is nothign to buy with gold. There needs to be a lot more.

And with pricing, there is already a huge post about that called "Pricing" with dev responses.

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 11:35 PM
I have not spent 1 gold on potions yet. There is nothign to buy with gold. There needs to be a lot more.

And with pricing, there is already a huge post about that called "Pricing" with dev responses.

It's obvious your not a tank then ... the game is very unbalanced

My warrior has to be fed constantly with real $$ to buy pots..

My archer has tons of gold and never has to buy pots at all.

Its unfair.. Warrior class is very weak in comparison to both of the other classes too..

I am a very experienced MMO player for over 5 years maintaining a position in the top guild on my server. So I'm ver aware of how i should be stating my toon etc.

Jsaya
04-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Then thats another issue all together isnt it? If a warrior is spending all his/her gold on potions then a warriors defense needs to be increased more so than others to negate the over use of potions.

Usually when I use a warrior I run with a full group and the Enchantresses combo AOE destroying most things then warrior and archers finish off the AOE. The only time I used pots was on the boss to absorb the aggro as everyone destroyed it.

But if you solo a lot, you will use a lot of potions as a warrior. Still warrior does need a bonus from say DEX to add to Armor. I think its a bit unfair that the warrior is taking damage nearly the same rate as others, but may be it changes in end game? lvl 100?

Never questioned your MMO experience, so I am not sure why you are stating that. I started my GMMO experience back in 97' with UO beta client. Dont see why they cant just port UO to the iphone ;) God I wish haha. But that doesnt make my opinion any better than yours.

Mactrix
04-12-2010, 12:57 AM
What is the difference between $1 and $2? The extra buck goes to the server bills i'd imagine. And if you played the game enough to want to buy the dlc, you would obviosly want the game to keep running so you can play your dlc.
It's two dollars, compare that to the $15 a month that most mmo's demand. I'm not saying this game is at the stage to compare to the retail mmo's BUT! If people keep playing, who knows what this game will offer in time.

dragn9
04-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I would actually like to see the background music as DLC. I find myself loading the game at work just to listen to the Forest Haven track.

aleksk
07-22-2010, 08:11 PM
wow its very repetitive dude...