PDA

View Full Version : Developer's, I love the Community.

Zeus
04-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Developer's, I love the updates you guy's have been doing and personally, while I don't dislike the GCD, it certainly isn't my most favorite thing in the world. (It was fun figuring out how to keep hideout runs in under 5 minutes).

However, I'm watching slowly, my friends list is dwindling. People are taking drastic action, despite me telling them. "Give the developers a week, they are working on it". As some of you may know, I play for the community now. So, a reassuring message would be great, letting these groups of people know. Would also boost up the Customer Satisfaction greatly.

Thank You For Your Time
----Rangepwnsmeel/Apollo

Junside
04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Well parth, you're a hard man to reach.

Arterra
04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
give the developers a week? give these guys a week ;) i frankly needed a break anyways. somehow got to force myself to not open PL... so hard...

Lesrider
04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't think a lot of people are even bothering until the update comes back from Apple. Personally, I don't like going through the join game screen to find my friends' games, so I haven't given higher level maps a proper test since the update.

Arterra
04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't think a lot of people are even bothering until the update comes back from Apple. Personally, I don't like going through the join game screen to find my friends' games, so I haven't given higher level maps a proper test since the update.

THIS never knew i joined games much until it left me

Conradin
04-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Dont worry parth- i couldnt quit- ill be around for another year at least.

Kossi
04-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I need something to do before i go to sleep

Kossi
04-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Sleep is a waste of XP

Arterra
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Sleep is a waste of XP

xp is a waste of shadow cave hunting

Zeus
04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
xp is a waste of shadow cave hunting

Vyx Helmet of Hate hunting is like finding the fountain of youth.

Kossi
04-13-2011, 08:13 PM
But noone ever found the fountain of youth
But the vyx has been found..ed

Arterra
04-13-2011, 08:14 PM
this is our quest

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_exe2-eq4cH8/S_qMI9a09pI/AAAAAAAAAQE/Hjhk2irxCbo/s1600/holy_grail_660.jpg

this is the dev's reaction to our quest

http://cdn.venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/holy-grail.jpg

Zeus
04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Well parth, you're a hard man to reach.

What do you mean by that? :D

Conradin
04-13-2011, 08:17 PM
this is our quest

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_exe2-eq4cH8/S_qMI9a09pI/AAAAAAAAAQE/Hjhk2irxCbo/s1600/holy_grail_660.jpg

this is the dev's reaction to our quest

http://cdn.venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/holy-grail.jpg

Love that movie

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
What do you mean by that? :D

That you're not easy to come in contact with being afk 50% of the time :p. Without the join button I haven't played any bs games. It's just been doing the mystery quests, so I've just been playing with randoms. Already used to GCD For now lol

Conradin
04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Red

Did you finish yet?

Lesrider
04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
But noone ever found the fountain of youth
But the vyx has been found..ed

Has he? Has anyone actually seen him? Photo please?

Solvok
04-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I cant take it anymore!!!! The community is so rude these days!! Its also been more than 24 hours ive been waiting for the "Join" glitch to fix! I extremely dislike GCD, as pallies and war birds are now unstoppable

Conradin
04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Lol ^ gcd isnt bad its different- and btw warbirds suc now!

The Real Jira
04-13-2011, 09:21 PM
However, I'm watching slowly, my friends list is dwindling.

So very true. People on my friends list who are 55 or higher. (Call me a snob -- but many of these people I've known since we were all low levels.) Typically I have 6+ pages online in the evening... tonight, just over 2. That's no fun.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Lol ^ gcd isnt bad its different- and btw warbirds suc now!

yeah they do lmao.. and pallys the way to go and bears cause they can last long.. birds are like meh..and gcd is just different im sure if they keep it the same a couple months from now people will be used to it and will like it .. all you got to do is adjust and trust me its not that hard.

Jespo
04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure WTF is wrong with the community.. It's like the Devs make and update because of complains (ex: I remember everyone saying birds raped everything back in ao3). Now that we have the GCD people complain about pallies being "overpowered" and bears as well while birds are "suffering". Sure at some point I MIGHT agree but I couldn't care enough to go crazy about it. I play a bird and I was good in PvP, now I get raped 24/8 and I'm not bothered. The Devs work hard to make the game better for us. Just be patient and be happy that PL even exists! The GCD, sure a lot of people don't like it but maybe you should learn to not spam and mash your skills like crazy. Because of the GCD we now have to be strategical in dungeons and PvP. It let's every character play their proper role and we don't have as many birds or pallies trying to tank and failing in the process. I think everyone just has to get used to it. You really think the Devs went through everything that they have gone through just for EVERYONE to talk wrong about them? Don't give them such a hard time about it. As parth said give them time and it will be fixed.

Sigkill
04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure WTF is wrong with the community.. It's like the Devs make and update because of complains (ex: I remember everyone saying birds raped everything back in ao3). Now that we have the GCD people complain about pallies being "overpowered" and bears as well while birds are "suffering". Sure at some point I MIGHT agree but I couldn't care enough to go crazy about it. I play a bird and I was good in PvP, now I get raped 24/8 and I'm not bothered. The Devs work hard to make the game better for us. Just be patient and be happy that PL even exists! The GCD, sure a lot of people don't like it but maybe you should learn to not spam and mash your skills like crazy. Because of the GCD we now have to be strategical in dungeons and PvP. It let's every character play their proper role and we don't have as many birds or pallies trying to tank and failing in the process. I think everyone just has to get used to it. You really think the Devs went through everything that they have gone through just for EVERYONE to talk wrong about them? Don't give them such a hard time about it. As parth said give them time and it will be fixed.

couldn't have said it better myself

Zeus
04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
The amount of people PvPing now is amazing. Loving playing against new PvPers. :)

Sigkill
04-13-2011, 09:38 PM
The amount of people PvPing now is amazing. Loving playing against new PvPers. :)

lets finish that match parth so you can get your revenge :D

Jespo
04-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Parth can do nothing more but raped by you Ed... Lol and yes parth I agree with you. So many new Players in PvP because it has much more of a slow paced fighting style.

DawnInfinity
04-13-2011, 10:54 PM
This happens with every update or change pretty much. There have been controversial ones in the past, but I haven't seen one with this much drama. I'm pretty much staying on the dl for right now until all this turmoil passes, and it's sad to see everyone complaining/blaming/whining etc. I know I have my fair share of opinions as well but I'm not going to whine and complain about them. I play for the community as well, and it's disappointing to see peoples' reactions going this extreme. The devs work extremely hard, and they even listen to our suggestions. They actually consider our thoughts and opinions as well, and we, as a community should be grateful.

Slush
04-13-2011, 11:17 PM
number of friends online is less than half of what it ws before

Duped
04-14-2011, 01:19 AM
It's not rocket science. The new update changed gameplay drastically. My bird literally doubled his death count in one day due to the changes needed to be made in gameplay (must not run in front, must not run in front, must not...).

So we know that lots of people playing a casual game are probably going to hiatus (I wish I would have now!) after it's so much harder. I'm hoping the GCD get's shortened at least, but regardless, people don't like change, and this is a big one. I'm with OP, just give it time.

One thing is for sure, the devs want a game people will play. That means either we compromise our playing style and speed, or they compromise the changes, probably we'll need a little of both.

I like the direction the last update went. Really did help some.