PDA

View Full Version : PvE kills pre-gcd and avian scream post-gcd

Raulur
04-14-2011, 12:30 AM
I was noticing a few days ago on my bird that my pve kills were roughly three times what other players my level have. Now, I don't exp pot much, but 3 times? Surely not that many players exp pot on a regular basis, do they? I am very agressive, at least I was pre-patch. If there is not an extremely talented bear around, I end up being the group "leader" of sorts. Especially if there is a not-so-good player around, I want to make sure and get at least one combo off before they wander in and scatter the mobs everywhere. :/

Post gcd though, I'm still learning to adjust. Currently, I do not have any skill points in Avian Scream, but am contemplating giving it another shot. Still, that 3m range makes it a tough sell. Has anyone else experimented with it post patch? Is it worth a couple points? Does it reliably stun? What number of points give the optimum stun percentage with the minimum knockback? Have you noticed many more kills on your bird than most other players of your level?

Physiologic
04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Has anyone else experimented with it post patch?

Yes. There is a slight increase in skill damage as with all other skills, post-GCD patch.

Is it worth a couple points?

Just 1 point.

Does it reliably stun?

The stun probability is a bit low, but may be attributed to the 3m range of attack. In any case, it's difficult to pull off the actual attack and the stun. Also, higher leveled campaign bosses don't get stunned at all.

What number of points give the optimum stun percentage with the minimum knockback?

Unsure, but the last time I had max Avian Scream (when lv 5 was the skill cap), it was just as ineffective as lv 1. This MAY have changed at some point since it was so long ago when I had it capped at 5, but then again it may have stayed the same.

Have you noticed many more kills on your bird than most other players of your level?

I have 51,000 kills but only due to extremely aggressive play.

Raulur
04-14-2011, 03:27 AM
I went ahead and tried it with 2 points just to experiment. Seems to stun almost everything but big bosses of course, and even seems to work on the alien mini bosses (snipers, ect.) Hardly any knockback, which is a plus. Definately not noob-bear-scatters-the-mobs-everywhere type.

Also helps trick those bears that like to try and steal your combo to hellscream before you fire off the real thing :p. Think I'll keep it there a while, as it has been improving my survival post patch. Then again, I have been using my talon setup much more instead of scarab bow. Had to sacrifice a couple points in debuffs, but oh well.