PDA

View Full Version : Debuffs Useless in PVP now?

Tempest
04-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Due to the GCD update, debuffs in pvp seem pretty pointless, anyone have any suggestions for using debuffs in pvp?

btw im talking about lv50+.

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 05:36 AM
I actually find my bear debuffs more useful now.

Which debuffs in particular do you mean?

Tempest
04-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Archer: if you use shattering scream + blast shot, and both hits... Their kinda gonna die, unless they are some super pro mage with good timing or a bear, but then your other atking skills will finish the job.

Mage: might as well set up the flash freeze combo and heal? Also it seems it harder to time mana shield.

Bear: I guess bears are all right.

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Mmm, that's one target though.

For Archers I'd think that the debuffs would be useful for your second target (especially since their debuffs do damage too) or for big time tanks, buffed bears or pallys.

Mages, same thing, after one target you'd probably find debuffs useful to keep you alive while your nuke spells cooldown. From a pally's perspective, debuffs are a big aid to allow you to do damage from your spells.

Bears, since I last longer now, my Hell Scream and Crushing Blows actually help the party, IMO. Beckon 3 people and Hell Scream them, that's pretty good I think.

Snakespeare
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't PvP but I play solo and I find BoM, lightning, nightmare, while using gurgox hammer on my pally is pretty effective. Whereas the ice/fire combo takes so long that the hammer blows I do in that time do more damage.

Jespo
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I use the debuffs on my archer and they are working just fine for me in PvP