PDA

View Full Version : Any plans to update the old faces?

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I've been looking at all the new and old faces. It kind of bugs me that I spent plat on faces that just aren't as cool as the new one's. But I realized why. Take a look at an old bear face:
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/82a63b59.jpg

And a new one:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/e40cbe3d.jpg

There seems to be a common denominator between all the old faces -- very soft shading and low detail. The new faces, on the other hand, are much more detailed and have strong features.

I know you guys have a lot on your plate right now with the GCD, but I was just wondering if it's in the plans for the near future to update the old faces to be on par with the new ones (like the angry elf face got a much-needed overhaul).

I think it would keep more variety in the game, rather than having everyone switching to the new faces. Personally, I don't think I'd mind my current faces (I think cardinal is actually still my fave bird -- bit sad that it's now one of the free faces) if they were just updated to look better and cleaner. Now that we see it's possible.

Major
04-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Personally I think the faces should stay the way they are. I paid plat for my fierce face for my mage and now I completely hate the new one, I would never have spent the plat on the one that it has been changed to. I actually spent more plat to change it. People spend the plat on what they like, changing them will either make it better in some peoples opinion and worse in another persons opinion. They should not be changed again, just add new ones!!

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Ok maybe the angry elf face is in its own class, bc some people liked the constipated look, I guess? Maybe they could have kept that for those who wanted it and then made the separate angry face.

But my point is -- look at the old bear faces. You're telling me you don't think the panda face and all th other old ones could look a whole lot cooler? Right now, compared to the new one's, the old one's all look pretty much the same,
IMO.

Major
04-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I totally know what you what you are saying, but when you spend the money on something and it gets changed to something completely different, it's just not fair. If they want to improve the looks of something it needs to be a small change not a complete difference.

neko
04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I totally know what you what you are saying, but when you spend the money on something and it gets changed to something completely different, it's just not fair. If they want to improve the looks of something it needs to be a small change not a complete difference.

+1 I'm not a fan of the updated Fierce Mage face either and would be irked that I had to spend more plats to switch out of it. I would've prefered if they kept the original and called the new one Fierce Mage 2, or something like that.

To each their own, everyone's reason for picking a face over another is their personal preference. But if they forced a change to the one that I had originally settled to something I don't like, I'd be annoyed with it, too.

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, I spent plat on my faces and they now look really outdated compared to the new ones. I would rather they be updated to to look cleaner, sharper, more character -- than having to spend more plat to get that.

Plus, newcomers are going to see all the faces in one shot and there is a HUGE difference in quality between the old faces and the new ones. Especially the bears. (Maybe only the bears?) As a new player, I don't think I would choose any of the older ones over the newer ones the way they currently look.

Major
04-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Very true. As a new player I would def get the new and more detailed face. The bi polar one is awesome lol, the duck cracks me up too lol

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Very true. As a new player I would def get the new and more detailed face. The bi polar one is awesome lol, the duck cracks me up too lol

Yep, I like the polar bear, too. Which is why I compared it to the grizzly here, that's my face. I chose the grizzly at the time bc he looked the most fierce of the faces available at the time. But in comparison to the new ones, he just looks mildly irritated. Not to say they should make him look exactly like the polar bear, but just give him a bit more character.

The panda still looks...err...slow to me. So does the brown bear.
I think the intended look for each of the old faces could be achieved better now that the devs have had practice with the new faces!

Survivorfan
04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Go Koala! thats my new face.
and i thought it was gcd not gdc

StompArtist
04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Please do not change my Panda. TY. :D

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Go Koala! thats my new face.
and i thought it was gcd not gdc

Happy now? :p

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
i wish they have a ninja bird muahaha

Survivorfan
04-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Happy now? :p

Very :P
/10

Mr.Wallace
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Please do not change my Panda. TY. :D

Never change the panda, NEVER!!! :-)

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow, I thought more people would be on board with this.

Survivorfan
04-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I like my koala but I agree with you Les. The new faces have so much more detail than the older ones. A more detailed update on the old faces would definitely be appreciated