PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

asommers
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Skill global cooldown time has been significantly reduced. Give it a whirl!
Fixed bug that was causing Pharaoh's Sword from not having an appearance.
Fixed being able to tap in the upper left corner of the Friends screen to accidentally activate the join button
Removed healing waters SFX from Oasis Towne pool party.

Echelong
04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow nice gotta test this. Thanks a lot ALS

Zux
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Cooldown time is now perfect, don't change a thing :)

vol
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Dearest Devs,

I likey

Phaiz
04-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I'll feel like the flash now, just got used to them :)

Ayrilana
04-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Can you fix the issues with the new AO quests? Check the bugs forum for more information.

superss
04-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Yay!!!!!!! :)

StompArtist
04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Removed healing waters SFX from Oasis Towne pool party.

Well that is it! I spend millions of plat on this game and I play 52 hours a day. Also I have brought in at least 200067 new players to the game. These sound effects where the ONLY reason I ever played PL. I quit! This is again an example of how PL does not care for it's players. I will never play agaiiiin!!!!!

:D

Good job DEVs! And the way our characters turn when fighting is just plain awesomeness too!

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Definitely a huge improvement. But it seems like some of my skills aren't registering and I have to tap them several times. Never had this problem before -- don't even think that happened yesterday.
So far only tested it in town, though.

Plasticuproject
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Klemen
04-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Dam i love that invisible sword :(

rustyleg
04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
First, improvement are good, but still not good enough. I would suggest let user to pick max 3(or whatever other number) skills (may be 2 self buff one attach) to not included in GCD.
Still can't self buff smoothly.

LordEspe
That's perfect, like said above!!
I like the quick updates and I hope that the issue, which brought on the GCD, is fixed or at least greatly reduced!!

Thanks to all at STS!!!!

Major
Wow STS you guys honestly rule. Thanks!!!

Echelong
Initial impression is very good feels a lot more fluid now, a 56 elf can solo PP without problems now and you can use debuffs between fights.

Now I have to ask Physiologic if he can check the damage numbers he had pre-GCD, post-GCD and after today's patch to see if they have changed.

Rolocoaster
04-14-2011, 12:17 PM
nice , just did bandit hideout in less than 5 min , with a random group . gcd feels perfect now , thanks Devs .

Lesrider
04-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I also just noticed that if I lag, I can execute each skill until all of them are dark, but they stay dark until my lag passes, at which point they all seem to blast off at once, and all become available again. Was this on purpose? I remember lag used to allow me to continue tapping the skills in the hopes that I was still doing something even if I couldn't see it.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
muhahaha amazing guys love u

superss
04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
ahhhh i love you devs! the cool down is much less now like .1 sec? i cant thank you enough!

Plasticuproject
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Skills not being able to be used at all, thats the only downside to this update.

GCD seems perfect now, close to no GCD but enough for no multitouchers.

I just hope it doesn't go too low again, from what I've seen Pvp matches have already sped up a lot more :)

Echelong
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Skills not being able to be used at all, thats the only downside to this update.

I just hope it doesn't go too low again, from what I've seen Pvp matches have already sped up a lot more :)

What do you mean by skills not been able to be used at all? Bug?

Pandamoni
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
I still have a problem with tapping a skill and it sometimes not casting

I was having this problem last night, too. I know it's not my device because I tried it on my iPhone and my iPod. I look forward to trying it out tonight.

Stephnee
04-14-2011, 12:37 PM
soooooo much better. Thanks PL devs! you rock:)

tifarah
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Much better. Thank you

ECHUSER
gcd def feels much smoother/faster and it's now easier to get my timing right. before, i felt like i was staring at my skills waiting for them to cool down more than i was looking at the actual board. thanks for listening.

Blayzn
I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

Kindread
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM

I agree with Ellyidol. Just tried the update. GCD is perfect as is. Don't tinker with it anymore or speed up the GCD. We need that medium to where it still flows smoothly but still enhances PvP fights. Love you Devs! You guys are great! Just great but not rocking great. You guys would be rocking great of you figure out whether to give Crown a set bonus or make it a vanity. If you could do that, you guys would wholly rock! :)

ECHUSER
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I must say it is really, really rewarding to see such active and involved devs. Kudos. I tried a PP run while on a coffee break (i.e. not much time, want to accomplish something, needing fast paced action fix) with my lvl 52 mage, solo. I died on Anubis (forgive my spelling)

I still do not like GCD.

BUT, it is better. Much. I am even be willing to readjust my expectations of what I am looking for and how to play. With a few more tweaks, and some time to try and play with a group, I will know more.

Here are my general suggestions:
1. Fix XP -- there have been several very good suggestions on granting more given the length of time, etc. I have one to add for typically solo players. Let us earn XP (albeit very reduced) in areas that we can solo (and which are now more challenging). For me that would be in AO2.

2. Fix buff, debuff, elixir timers to compensate for the reduced time it takes to get through a map. Again, there have been some really good suggestions.

3. Drop rates, weapon damage, etc. All very good suggestions and relevant to the length of time it takes to get through a map.

Overall, I sadly thought I was done. I can't express how happy I am that we are moving in the right direction and that the Devs are trying so hard.

But, for the record... I still don't like GCD.

they cant get rid of GCD b/c some platforms allow you to hit all of your buttons at the same time and have all your skills released at the same time. GCD was implemented so you can only use 1 skill at a time, which is the way the skills were designed to be used. you gain more xp by playing in full groups (of 5), which makes sense b/c PL wants to encourage ppl to play w other ppl as opposed to riding solo.

Kajiii
04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
The last rendition of the GCD is much better and actually closer to a pre-GCD feel (nice to see combos again). My only suggestion at this point from a mage pov (not sure how this translates to other classes), would be to remove the GCD (or reduce it further) from non damage abilities. Buffs/Debuffs as well as Magic Shield and potentially Heal and Res.

bravemenrun
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
With yestersays adjustment I felt a big improvement with GCD and had an easier time with combos. But still felt it was a bit to slow. Todays news and feedback makes me hopeful. Can't wait to try it out.

Kalielle
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Haven't had the chance to truly test it yet but just as a first impression it feels much, much better. I don't think I would have been using my skills much faster even without GCD, so it doesn't get in the way much. Waiting for some friends to log for runs so I can test it properly.

Everyone who's been against it before should give it a fair try before posting more complaints. It's nothing like it was before, so test it before you speak.

Echelong
04-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Like a friend of mine told me this is a lot like the New Coke Conspiracy (http://www.obscure.org/~bob/stuff/coke.html) in the 80s And he was right or at least it looked that way.

PS: One thing I have always wanted in the game is for mage hands to change color with the face used. I know has nothing to do with GCD this is just a comment.

Diodge
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I just did a run. It is faster to cast skills. I dont know if its perfect but it is close.

It still takes 20minutes to (res,heal,buff,buff, heal) and try to dps. I feel like I should drop everything but heal and dps skills.((res yourself)) " I will boot you from a pug if I know you have res. It takes away from the dps" JK

Then today I noticed I had to sometimes tap skills 1-5times to get them to fire. The last 2days of testing I didnt notice this to much. I didnt say anything to anyone. Then a mage in the pug saying he has to multi hit skills to make them work today. (I only did one round and playing in the city)

I still like the idea of a gcd. Im not sure now after a couple of days of tweeks how I feel about your choice of GCD. I understand that it will add alot to the game.

We go from real slow play(that needed tweeked still). to
The next day you patch it and add some more things to stare at as cooldowns. Yes, It felt a little better on speed. then
Today It is faster but you cant get spells to fire when you touch them. I know the cooldowns are done. Skills should work on a touch.

Victorm
04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Simple put gcd is awefull as I said yesterday I'll come back just to talk to friends in game that's it.

Victor.

dankndecay
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
I think this last update is a good compromise for the GCD implementation. Thanks Devs.

Hullukko
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Fast response from the devs, and to the right direction since the initial swing for the worse. Thank you for that. The gcd is shorter than yesterday. But that's about it. Not enough, sorry, not for me.

After a few runs it did feel like something that I can see as something some people can and will accept. But for me this is still a huge skill block and the feeling is like I'm constantly waiting for something, which indeed I am. :) The pace and feel is slower, more predetermined. There's less room to manoeuvre. I only just have to hit the spell once the gcd is over and that's it. Forcing me to select spells? Please, I used to do all that without the gcd. Forward planning and quick execution but well timed execution (which is not necessary all the time as fast as possible)

The thing was that while one was able to spam everything mindlessly, but when playing aggressively constantly on the edge of life and death, it was necessary to plan ahead and execute them in good sequences and leave some unpressed to take effect a tad later and so forth. There was a lot more that one could do than just thump rythmically forward as if it's now a turn based game. It is now a hell of a lot simpler than it was. Calling it something else doesn't make it so.

Multipressing and pvp are totally different beasts, I'm only talking about aggressive and fast pve gaming. That is no longer, or currently anyway, on the table like it was.

I'm sure the rhythmic game play will suit some people and many new players. As it still is it feels too restraining to my liking. But since it is moving to the right direction I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My suggestion would be to allow queue them up (those that are available from individual cool down). It would change it to something like lag.

skimmey
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Not meant to be a rage post but all those cool downs really haven't added anything strategic to the game at all. It feels more like a I nuke him he nukes me fiesta now. Well I talk for pvp mainly so I am part of the smaller popularization but pvp isn't any fun anymore it's boring and non strategic . I still thank u devs for creating the game in the first place :) I am out for now I guess

To change: all skills in general and stats like dodge regen and crit have to be changed to make it fun and strategic. As well as health increasements. Best would be of course to return to the old fight system and create a unnoticeable cool down of 0.01 sec so that muktitap won't succed anymore.

Ixillicus
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Can you fix the issues with the new AO quests? Check the bugs forum for more information.

I second this motion! :D

Luchta
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I love the new GCD. Please don't change anything!!!

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab196/shutterphobia/device.png

tonygmoney
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims

tonygmoney
04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
what is SFX??

Barbamitsos
04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Only ipad users are nerfed now so awesome ty

cynic
04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
i still dont like the concept of gcd but i need to be honest , this acceptable.
devs compliments.

neko
04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
what does ALS stand for?..im not good with acronims

Those are initials of the developer that started this thread.

what is SFX??

SFX = Sound effects

Addicted
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
You guys rock!

After surviving the "This sucks, I'm quiting the game" era of "AO3 is too hard" or "the rebalance update ruined the game" phase, I was more than confident you guys would get this current "I'm quiting the game" crisis behind us smoothly. I love the game - it's very addicting!

Thanks!

P.S. You mention new Sewer set bonuses in the first announcement but I have tried all my sewer gear an don't see any - is that still coming?

bravemenrun
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Honestly I might end up agreeing with you guys after I try it out. Like I said before, I prefer the lag to any GCD unless the affect is barely noticeable. And I also don't think pve should be messed with to balance pvp. Most players play pve. Pvp should be balanced separately. But again reserving judgement until I try it tonight.

Echelong
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
You guys rock!

After surviving the "This sucks, I'm quiting the game" era of "AO3 is too hard" or "the rebalance update ruined the game" phase, I was more than confident you guys would get this current "I'm quiting the game" crisis behind us smoothly. I love the game - it's very addicting!

Thanks!

P.S. You mention new Sewer set bonuses in the first announcement but I have tried all my sewer gear an don't see any - is that still coming?

Crafted sets received a better set bonus. Some of them the Enchanted wand and bracer still have the old set bonus.

neko
04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
I agree with Ellyidol. Just tried the update. GCD is perfect as is. Don't tinker with it anymore or speed up the GCD. We need that medium to where it still flows smoothly but still enhances PvP fights. Love you Devs! You guys are great! Just great but not rocking great. You guys would be rocking great of you figure out whether to give Crown a set bonus or make it a vanity. If you could do that, you guys would wholly rock! :)

+1 on devs listening to us and dealing with this matter with punctuality (not that found I too much to dislike over the original GCD update)
+1 please leave GCD as is for now
+1 give a Crown set bonus, please!

(Sorry, Morawk for hijacking your post)

neko
04-14-2011, 02:15 PM
You guys rock!

Thanks!

Quoting the 1.7.1 list of features:

* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!

... and it did!...to Enchanted, Customized and Fortified sets. As pointed out by someone else in another thread, STS never promised that it would apply to the "Sewer" Queen/King/Royal gear most of us had anticipated and hoped for. We'll just have to remain hopeful.

Further that, I can't find the thread to quote from, but it was also stated that Crown sets would/considered to be included down the road. I'm very hopeful for that in a future update.

AnotherAzi
04-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Seemed choppy to me today after patch, but from the look of the comments here that could just be my device.

One request -- looks like the new patch made the skill you press flash or pop [I]after[I] you tap it. This is not only distracting but my guess is that it uses resources on both phone and server that are unnecessary. Polled several players in my runs today and all agreed it was a problem. Thanks.

Greyhorse
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
GCD, Day One: I felt like I'd lost my best friend after dying repeatedly trying to solo in PP, spamming health pots like crazy.

GCD, Day Two: The tweakage actually made my attempts to play my beloved PL a lot more doable, and resulted in me surviving a Goldfever run (and taking a lot of baddies down) in a PUG with a lvl 2 something and a lvl 4 something else (they just appeared and I didn't have the heart to boot.) Sadly, our little group just couldn't make the final kill, so I wished them good luck and we ditched that game. I felt hopeful that even if the Devs changed nothing else, I'd eventually be able to adjust to a different playing style.

GCD, Day Three: Checked the forums real quick at lunch and read this thread. I can't WAIT to get home and try PL out again!

Thank you, Devs, for all the amazing stuff you do. And thanks to this community too. :)

Klaubocera, lvl 52 ursan

Doubletime
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, I just tried a good number of runs and must say that the shorter cool down period is a good compromise. I was never, and still am not a big fan of the GCD, but understand the need and really appreciate the devs efforts to try and change based on feedback. Honestly, this new patch returns the PvE game back to where it was with only some small differences in game speed. We were once again making complete Hideout runs in under 4 minutes. Catacombs, Swill Pitz, and Roach all easily completed in under 5 minutes. Stronghold is back to the normal 5 to 6 minute mark assuming you have a couple birds in the party.

Thanks for listening Devs.

Plasticuproject
04-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Fabunni
04-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Yay Much better :D

jthomas
04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I went through a few runs with the latest patch, and it seems to be working more like "normal". I still find the GCD animation headache-inducing, but at least I didn't have to spend all of my time looking at it waiting for my skills to become available again. I would classify the current GCD level as "liveable", though I would still prefer to get rid of it altogether. It's kind of telling that the best thing I can say about the GCD is that I don't notice it very much.

I read through as much of the feedback as I could and all of the dev posts, and I'm still not sure I see a need for the GCD at all. It seems to be causing bigger problems than it is solving. I hope that a solution can be reached quickly before too many people give up on the game and STS starts losing money on PL. I think it is admirable for the devs to work towards their vision of the game, but at the same time you can't alienate your user base with unwanted changes. Being the ultimate casual RPG may not have been your goal, but frankly, that's what it is. If you try to change that you may satisfy yourselves and a small portion of your users, but you will lose the vast majority of your market. I have never had any interest in the "big" MMORPGs, but was hooked on PL due to its casual, fun nature and quick gameplay. If it loses its unique charm, I will sadly have to move on to other games. Devs, please don't lose sight of what makes this game special.

spookytooth
04-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Nice, thanx for listening to the people again id keep it just where u got it nice compromise with the gcd. Also got to see Asommers in balefort today. Cool to see him again talkin wit the community even with all the haters.

karmakali
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay...new day...new fix.
I went to bed last night/this morning wondering if I could ever be enthusiastic about this game again.
I woke up today...logged on forums...saw this post and got excited.
The ultimate test for me... I joined a PUG with 2 lvl51-53 mages, a 53 bear, a 23 mage (wtf?) and myself (56 mage).
We still managed to finish a Hideout run in about 4 mins using no pots and with only deaths being at GF due to lvl23 running around starting an epidemic.
GCD is much improved IMO.
Thank you devs! You have made it better :)
If GCD is here to stay then I think this is a level I can live with.

krazii
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
One request -- looks like the new patch made the skill you press flash or pop [I]after[I] you tap it. This is not only distracting but my guess is that it uses resources on both phone and server that are unnecessary. Polled several players in my runs today and all agreed it was a problem. Thanks.

Yes, would you please include an option to turn off the GCD "visual skill effect". You have created such a nice interface and gameplay screen, it's a shame to ruin it with flashing skills.

Thanks,

Kraz

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
thank you so much cant wait till saturday

Blayzn
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I went through a few runs with the latest patch, and it seems to be working more like "normal". I still find the GCD animation headache-inducing, but at least I didn't have to spend all of my time looking at it waiting for my skills to become available again. I would classify the current GCD level as "liveable", though I would still prefer to get rid of it altogether. It's kind of telling that the best thing I can say about the GCD is that I don't notice it very much.

I read through as much of the feedback as I could and all of the dev posts, and I'm still not sure I see a need for the GCD at all. It seems to be causing bigger problems than it is solving. I hope that a solution can be reached quickly before too many people give up on the game and STS starts losing money on PL. I think it is admirable for the devs to work towards their vision of the game, but at the same time you can't alienate your user base with unwanted changes. Being the ultimate casual RPG may not have been your goal, but frankly, that's what it is. If you try to change that you may satisfy yourselves and a small portion of your users, but you will lose the vast majority of your market. I have never had any interest in the "big" MMORPGs, but was hooked on PL due to its casual, fun nature and quick gameplay. If it loses its unique charm, I will sadly have to move on to other games. Devs, please don't lose sight of what makes this game special.

Couldn't agree more.

skavenger216
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Oddly enough, I was in town last night talking to ppl about the gcd, and I said something along the lines of " the devs haven't said anything yet, but don't be surprised if theres a patch tomorrow that shortens the gcd to like .15 or .25 of a second, and/or removes the gcd from buffs/debuffs". Man am I good :D. Anyone need any lotto numbers picked while I'm at it? Lol

On to the feedback, one word, perfect. This current iteration of the gcd restores the fast, fun, smooth flow of combat, while still doing its job. I am a fan of this current gcd, don't change it unless its to remove it from buffs and debuffs.

I only played a couple runs to test it out, but I was actually having fun again. It was actually difficultfor me to log out so I could provide feedback, whereas yesterday I was unable to do more than 2 or 3 runs max because it simply was not fun.

Great job devs! I can't speak for everyone, but you have made at least one gamer happy!

On a side note, out of curiosity, what is the gcd set at now? Seems like .25.

Rusalio
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Love and marriage, love and marriage...la la la la al la oops I mean

Devs and players, devs and players go together like to make a dream team....

Thanks devs for listening.....regardless of the outcomes.... Seems like more love mail then hate mail....lol

STILL want join button to work!!!

shloppyshmo
04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you sooooo much! :D new GCD adds almost nothing accept the inability to use all your spells at once. Quite perfect if you ask me! Great job! PL is back!

LordEspe
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Again I like the new update, but the bug to the skills not activating is frustrating!
What happens is: the button lights up and when you push it, it looks like it's activated (but no skill) then it lights up again as if GCD and skill cool down is over!! It only happened twice, two different maps (two different skills) and it fixed itself both times, after a few tries!!

Other than that I really enjoy playing PL and ignore RL!! Haha

NeoQueen
04-14-2011, 04:45 PM
So, GCD was implemented to not only slow down the leveling process, but to reduce lag due to skill mashing, right? Although I played as a Mage today I am still not a fan in any way, shape, or form of GCD. Even with the shorter cool down times the game play is much slower and you spend more time looking at your skills to either a) see if they are ready to be used or b) making sure you actually pressed the skill than you are paying attention to game play. Personally, this has caused me to heal my teammates when their health is really low or not heal them and have to rev due to lack of attention on their health bar.

I really believe that if players disliked it so much that the cool down time was reduced then it should simply be removed. I don't think there will ever be anything smooth about pressing, waiting, pressing, waiting, etc. My suggestion is that if there is a worry about leveling too quickly then more XP should be required for each level and/or not only XP is required to level (ex. Players must complete a set amount of quests first or certain difficult tasks). Also, if lag due to skill mashing is another worry than can we please have an option to hide all skill effects. I used to play the MMORPG from GaiaOnline, zOMG, and they had that option. It really reduces the extras on your screen, allowing better views, and it does reduce the lag/battery usage one can experience.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
whats up now GCD more peeps like u now or not but guess whst get used to it because there not removing it so we have to jut get used to it ;O

lilbyrdie
04-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Only had time for one run, but --- definitely an improvement. I'll have to do some timed runs, but this feels like it's getting reasonable. As others have pointed out, I'm not focused 100% on the skill buttons now.

I did have one glitch: At one point, one of the buffs (mage) was showing as "ready to cast" but wasn't actually ready. It kept triggering the GCD, then going back to full bright, but with no effects. Haven't seen it again and it went away once it's own timer finished and I could cast it again. Might be something to watch for. (This was on an Android Xoom tablet, which supports a full 10 fingers of multitouch, FWIW.)

Now that the GCD seems to be better, please look at improving the headache inducing, nauseating animation for GCD. Others have mentioned this, too, I see. This aspect is almost worse now that the GCD is faster.

Thanks for continuing to respond to feedback, STS employees!

lilbyrdie
04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Again I like the new update, but the bug to the skills not activating is frustrating!
What happens is: the button lights up and when you push it, it looks like it's activated (but no skill) then it lights up again as if GCD and skill cool down is over!! It only happened twice, two different maps (two different skills) and it fixed itself both times, after a few tries!!

Ah, that's what I noticed.

Thing is, I think what's happening is the skill did activated, but it's own cool down timer didn't start. Since it looks like it should work (being a bright button), we keep trying it -- but ultimately just waste a button press since the failed attempt activates the GCD. I'd have to play more... but it sounds like enough of us are seeing it that they'll be able to reproduce and fix. :)

Genes
04-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Definitely a huge improvement. But it seems like some of my skills aren't registering and I have to tap them several times. Never had this problem before -- don't even think that happened yesterday.
So far only tested it in town, though.

I have the same bug! Sometimes the skills don't register. And it's not becuase skills are still cooling down or my device prolem.

Tengotengo
04-14-2011, 05:35 PM
This is much better. Self combos are much easier to do, and the difficulty is still up there in comparison to non GCD. We'll be more able to solo, but will still feel the sting when not in a group.

2 way communication is a wonderful thing.

markus
04-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Played a few games with it and it is def getting to a better place! I would still like to see at least tweek in xp,money, and pink drop rates and possible tweek of dmg or slight mob hp. Other then that excellent work so far still gona take a bit to get used to but def worth fixing rating to at least 3stars 5 when all tweeking is done!

The Real Jira
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Speed feels like it's getting better, but IMO, it's not great yet -- would LOVE to see it just a bit faster.

Also, I don't know if it's the timing or ??? but the animation on my iPad is wonky... It seems like: hit button, effect fires, button double flashes (odd), then GCD animation, then I can repeat. Anyone else notice this?

I do appreciate you listening to the user base -- keep it up and let's make it a little faster. =)

Pandamoni
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I have the same bug! Sometimes the skills don't register. And it's not becuase skills are still cooling down or my device prolem.

I'm having the same issue and it's VERY!!@!#@!@!$$#@### frustrating.

I just tried with the shorter cool down and I think I like it even less but that may be because only about 60% of the time my skills even registered I was hitting them--I know it's not my device as it would be pretty coincidental to have my device stop registering when I hit a skill right when the release happens (I'm not a skill masher).

One thing I do not like about it is that my role in the group has drastically changed. I liked keeping people buffed, keeping mobs debuffed and healing people. I also enjoyed actually causing damage AND getting kills. I like seeing my kill count go up. I just ran hideout and got 9! kills. This is much less than I'm used to getting in that dungeon. I wanted to keep my group buffed and healed and it caused me to have less time to cause damage. I don't like that I have to choose between helping out the team and doing what I love to do--nuking the crap out of stuff. I'm hoping that this is more of a pronounced problem because I can't get my skills to fire even if it's "ready".

The skill will appear ready, then I'll hit it and it will go dim for a split second as if I have actually hit it but nothing will happen (no skill will fire) then it will relight right away as if it's ready again and it does a kind of weird double flash thing. I'll have to hit it a few times for it to finally work.

Also, while my death count is relatively high (I'm a little over 1,000) I'd like to keep it from going up at a rapid rate. Once I started playing the game more I started paying attention to deaths and now I like to see that number creep up as slowly as possible. I'm having to guzzle health pots a lot more than I remember guzzling before.

I am also now being annoyed by the dim down and lighting up of the skills. When it was .5 seconds I didn't notice as much but now it's really distracting.

Now, before people scream that I need to give constructive criticism, I don't really know HOW to suggest anything "better" to do with GCD because I don't really know what might work better other than nixing it all together. I haven't even PLAYED a video game in 18 years (since Donkey Kong for Nintendo and that was only casually. Before that the only game I'd really played was Super Mario Brothers for the original Nintendo when I was 10) so I don't have fancy suggestions and I don't really understand the mechanics of the game from a developer POV so I can't give feedback with suggestions of how to fix it. I've just given my feedback about my play experience so far. Up until now I've not really contributed much to what I DON'T like because I know it must be hard and very political to have everyone screaming and up in arms about things but the suggestion to give it a whirl leads me to believe that you guys want to know if you're getting closer to finding something people will like. So far I'm kind of bummed.

Artemis
04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Ehh. I still suck at pvp with it. Butt much better for PvE

sticky420
04-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Deff much better but as I was playing today id cleear a room and before goin to next room I would buff so im stand there hit my spell nothing hit it again nuthin had to push it 5 times on one occasion and six another to get it to activate this is just one spell it would do gcd but did not activate now I know it was Doin it because I was not fighting just standing outside a room so now im wondering when I am fighting 10 or 15 guys not paying as much attention the same thing has to b happening so ic there's a way to fix that that would b great im starting to get used to gcd but if tthats something that goes along with it im back to sayin get rid of it if its gonna b flair

skavenger216
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Deff much better but as I was playing today id cleear a room and before goin to next room I would buff so im stand there hit my spell nothing hit it again nuthin had to push it 5 times on one occasion and six another to get it to activate this is just one spell it would do gcd but did not activate now I know it was Doin it because I was not fighting just standing outside a room so now im wondering when I am fighting 10 or 15 guys not paying as much attention the same thing has to b happening so ic there's a way to fix that that would b great im starting to get used to gcd but if tthats something that goes along with it im back to sayin get rid of it if its gonna b flair

Holy never-ending sentence Batman! Punctuation is your friend sticky420 :D

I also seem to be experiencing the bug where you hit an ability and it doesn't register. It's actually gotten me killed a couple times. I love the new gcd timing, but would love it even more if you guys could fix this slight bug.

JaytB
04-14-2011, 06:59 PM
I played with the new gdc timings and start to like it more and more.

I have a feeling we're almost there. A little bit more decrease in time would be perfect IMO, but this is definitely playable again :)

To all doomsayers: See... You just need to have some patience ;)

XRAX
04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Again, thank you devs for your hard work and persistence in trying to satisfy the community with this massive change to the game mechanics :).

I will speak on behalf of the majority of PVP community only.

In short, the more you reduce the inter-skill interval for GCD, the more the community become satisfied. Although GCD implementation may create a more entertaining and challenging PVE experience (for those who may believe this), PVP is longer close to what it used to be. It is easy, not entertaining, non-competitive and lacking challenge, slow, and like I may have mentioned before, any low level player with zero experience can join an arena full of hard working experienced players and aim for scoreboard leader. I have so many points on my mind, and as always, i reserve my posts for constructive criticisms ONLY, as I encourage others to do so as well.

On going issues with GCD

Character Diversity:
There is no longer diversity in PVP. All STR based characters are inefficient. This means palladins, warbirds and str bears no longer have a place in PVP. Birds, by default, have way too low armor to stand a chance vs any opponents especially mages (unless using a mixture set which is still frustrating for both sides to deal with...raid roach fails for dex birds now). The ONLY class this update benefits, of course, are mages (if you're a mage, go raid roach dex mage).

Balance:
Somewhat related to what i mention above for character diversity is balance. Before, if you were a good elf (imperialelf, xghostx, kellylita, jjjlove, etc...), a good bear (rosalka, toughie, fabio, etc...), a good pally (amy, tina, faryia, etc...), a good warbird (falcom brothers..etc), a good bird (skimmey, hmmhmm, etc...), and so on, you earned it. These select few that I mentioned, as well as many others, were distinguishable as top PVP palyers. Each one of these players (and not limited to these) were able to kill absolutely any other player head on - i have personally experienced this. They had to undergo a mission to get to where they have achieved prior to GCD - deaths, kills, practice, commitment, determination, experience, and much more. There was an evident learning curve that separated the top from the rest. There was a high positive correlation between experience and skill prior to GCD.The fast paced combo tapping gave room to create endless possible skill combinations with the limited amount of skills available to you. PVP as it stands was not designed to handle an obvious GCD, and it has lost its very unique and special characteristics.

For now ill leave it to these points. There still is a lot, lot more to be said and considered, unfortunately I have to get back to work. I will post again when I can.

(I'll include this in most posts, but implement GCD for the sole purpose of controlling mulitouching. If GCD is here to stay, reduce it to .075-.1 seconds at most. Keep the originality and intended mechanics of PVP alive.)

Thank you devs for never giving up and working so hard. The whole community appreciates that our voices are always heard and never brushed under the carpet :).

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I tested it and would have to say thx dev. I did run across issues where you had to tap some spells multiple times to activate. Only tested on my mage and when I use the bless spell it sometimes does not highlight darker. The spell is casted but stays clear, it could just be my layout of spell, and its on the top right.

If you could add a small bar ontop just like the auto attack due to the interference it causes it would help out a lot. And to add with some others, can u give us an option of 3-5 spells only bless and debuff with no gcd. Honest truth I was against gcd but it definitely helps in pvp. Not sure about pve, because when I was doing bandit boy hideout some spells I had to tap multiple times. So it does not look so choppy on gcd please add a bar ontop of spells just like the auto attack.

sticky420
04-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Srry bout punctuation but u got my point right? I did another couple runs and its deff a glitch in the gcd. I was standing outside a room had to click mama shield 4 times to get it to activate it was the only spell I was hitting and it was definitely ready to use so instead of .25 seconds or whatever it actually took 4× that and the time to push it. I also was paying more attention while fighting and its happening with all my spells. So again even tho the gcd is faster the fact I have to worry that my spells rnt working and I have to wait for cool down even makes it worse than it was to begin with hope it can b fixed and that my punctuation is acceptable now.

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Gcd is slight but not pleasing to the eye (cool down ontop of a cool down), sorry for reiterating my previous statements but a smaller status bar ontop of spell would be helpful. Thx dev I will give u good credit for the fast response and raise my market rating.

The Real Jira
04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Prime time, only 1800 people on line (again). It looks like players are still "sounding off" on the update through their actions, I selfishly hope the introduction of GCD doesn't deflate the user base permanently.

Kindread
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Prime time, only 1800 people on line (again). It looks like players are still "sounding off" on the update through their actions, I selfishly hope the introduction of GCD doesn't deflate the user base permanently.

Not being able to use the Join button is a major issue that is contributing to the lower playerbase. It's not only GCD.

XRAX
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM

This GCD implementation is hard for most loyal, loving, and supportive community members. It is not simply a reduction of weapon speed, or slight alteration here and there, but a complete change to the mechanics of the game which everyone grew to support and love. WE fell in love with the "original game" and it is hard to accept the "new game."

Anyway, just bringing in some other opinions that would have been better posted here for positive discussions. I think it is nice to listen to the opinions of the players who spend 99% percent of their playing time in the arenas. The following two posts are feedback from a bear, and one from an elf.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23622-TSSROSALKA-It-s-just-about-me-and-GCD-)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23591-My-GCD-Opinion..

PL FTW !!!!111!!!ONE!!!1!!

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
This GCD implementation is hard for most loyal, loving, and supportive community members. It is not simply a reduction of weapon speed, or slight alteration here and there, but a complete change to the mechanics of the game which everyone grew to support and love. WE fell in love with the "original game" and it is hard to accept the "new game."

Anyway, just bringing in some other opinions that would have been better posted here for positive discussions. I think it is nice to listen to the opinions of the players who spend 99% percent of their playing time in the arenas. The following two posts are feedback from a bear, and one from an elf.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23622-TSSROSALKA-It-s-just-about-me-and-GCD-)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23591-My-GCD-Opinion..

PL FTW !!!!111!!!ONE!!!1!!

If I could have my way I would do away with gcd, and I do pvp with my bird only. That name is my mage name, I use her to farm. And since the beginning I been against gcd but I'm willing to compromise. Single us out seems kind of childesh, I hate it as much as the 35% of people that refuse to log on.

Again gcd is very buggy, I hope to see improvements over the weeks. Again I think it can be tweak a little faster that what we currently have (I hate gcd but willing to compromise because I am a true fan of PL).

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I forgot to mention please make 1vs1, it will give the opportunity for people to test their skills without gank.

XRAX
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I forgot to mention please make 1vs1, it will give the opportunity for people to test their skills without gank.

Just create a private, password-locked map. I think this was an excellent update feature that enables you to actually make a private game for whatever reason.

bravemenrun
04-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Well I said I'd give my opinion after I got a chance to play today. It's a big improvement timing wise, it almost feels natural without me having to look at my skill buttons. But it feels natural like when I'm really sleepy and play runs casting kinda slow and lethargic. I'm not feeling any sort of rush or exitement. I might get used to it. But honestly the past 3 days I've only completed one run before getting bored and logging out. A lot of players have spoken their peace at this point and the devs made it clear GCD is not going away, so I won't be posting any more on the subject. Or playing as much considering one slow run was enough to convince me to stop playing for the night.

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I have an idea, I hope the dev will take it into consideration. Like your regular pvp and capture the flag, why not add another separate arenas with gcd for whoever believes in it. For the 35-45% of who refuse to log on, why not keep the original pvp arenas the way it was. I will have to say when I pvped before I was proud of what I have achieved and enjoyed the fast past fights. Of course their are some that are just too good but I was hoping make one I will be an days or better than they are. Now I'm getting called a noob my people who has never entered the arena before.

I mean why does pve have to suffer too, keep everything the way it was and just add gcd to another set of areas who feel the need for it. If that's not possible then since the pvp population is so small remake arenas with no gcd.. please please other people out there help with voucher..

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Please remake a separate arena with no gcd for the devoted smaller pvp population, and aside from that you can charge plat too for the new arena. Or vise versa, make an additional arena with gcd for who ever feel the need for it. I believe you will please a lot of people. Please don't let pve suffer, I hate to repost, but just keeping it short. I'm begging you...

The Real Jira
04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't mind an elite pvp area with no gcd. #thatsagoodidea

skavenger216
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Darkerelf, I would love to join you in thinking they should remove the gcd, but now that its been shortened I really don't mind it at all. Could be shortened another little bit, but it is good as is now, imo. Multitouching in pvp was not how pvp is intended to be played. I will admit though, I haven't pvp'd much in PL, but I have a lot in other mmorpgs, and not one allows you to fire off a large amount of skills at once, although in most of those, some skills and stuff aren't affected by the games gcd.

I definitely see WHY they implemented a gcd, it just still needs to be tweaked and perfected (although It is getting close :D). I guess the only helpful advice I can give you would be to either adapt to it, or maybe stay away from pvp while they are refining the gcd. what do you have against pve anyways? ( just kidding! lol)

Ayrilana
04-14-2011, 10:59 PM
GCD is perfect where it is now. Thanks devs!

The Real Jira
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Multitouching in pvp was not how pvp is intended to be played.

You design this game?

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
You design this game?

No he doesn't, but he's right, it wasn't meant to be played with multi-touch.

If it was intended, devs wouldn't have bothered to go through all this work to implement and perfect GCD.

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 11:09 PM
It's 10:30pm mountain time and the population is only at 1500, you may have a point but a separate pvp arena with no gcd might bring back a big portion of that population. You might be surprised.

darkerelf
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I personally don't even know if multitouch is possible, I own a HTC evo with Sprint and I enjoyed way better before. Yes I have been accused of multitouch too, but believe me its no fun no more.

The Real Jira
04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I play on an iPad and I PVP rarely. Even though the iPad is a multi-touch device, I could really care less if GCD was PVP or not. I PVP only when my group of friends wants to and we only 5 v 5. In PVP or PVE I've never multi-touched, but have been always been fast on the buttons. The GCD has significantly changed the pace and flow of what was a rapid pace game, even for me, a person who has never multi-touched. I don't see what the obvious thing the development team is fixing with this update. STS has been so brilliant and fast with content and features and why they would change the core feel of their game? It doesn't make sense.

Moreover, I would gladly pay $15/month to play this game, the way it was -- and I would still buy plat.

Like Elly, I play this game in the evenings as much for social as anything. My primary crew is a solid, nightly group -- four 56's and a near 56 -- this isn't our first rodeo with pl. For us, it's a social and gaming experience. While I have a ton of "friends" there are only only a few I play with regularity -- skype and all -- but now, none of them want to play including myself. A normal night, maybe 4 hours and 50 runs... tonight less than 30 minutes and 2 runs. And I'm not blowing smoke here, STS can look at my login history. The fact that the game mechanics have changed so much that the social aspect has been decimated is the saddest loss here... and it's not just me, look at the logged in player count.

skavenger216
04-14-2011, 11:27 PM
darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.

ardonemis
04-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Its better then before, yes. But i wouldnt say its good. I liked it much more before.
And i am Not playing on iPhone.

MysticChris
04-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Well I said I'd give my opinion after I got a chance to play today. It's a big improvement timing wise, it almost feels natural without me having to look at my skill buttons. But it feels natural like when I'm really sleepy and play runs casting kinda slow and lethargic. I'm not feeling any sort of rush or exitement. I might get used to it. But honestly the past 3 days I've only completed one run before getting bored and logging out. A lot of players have spoken their peace at this point and the devs made it clear GCD is not going away, so I won't be posting any more on the subject. Or playing as much considering one slow run was enough to convince me to stop playing for the night.

I'll have to totally agree with the above comment. Even with a party full of 53's and above, runs are slow and deaths are very frequent. It takes 5 minutes at least to kill bosses that took under a minute before. It's enough to make me part of the 40% that will not be signing in for a while until things get fixed. The GCD is BETTER now, I will admit, but not better enough to make me want to take 20 minutes to do one CTK run. Make some improvements... Make the spells do more damage, make weapons do more, give the NPC's less health... something so that we can still do runs in the same amount of time. That is my 2 cents...

darkerelf
04-15-2011, 12:29 AM
darkerelf, I play on a HTC evo 4g, from Sprint, also. While you can't multitouch as bad as an iPad ( iirc you can fire 10 skills at once on iPad), before gcd you could fire off 3 skills at once on our phones. I tested before gcd to see how many at once, cause I was bored one day lol. Well, 3 if you were not hitting the joystick also at that moment.

The Real Jira, no, I do not design this game, however, in another thread the devs have said themselves the same thing.

That may be all true but I was able to keep up with most top player (not all but most). For all those feel other wise stick to gcd pvp. But I am proposing an additional arena for who ever feel the need for no gcd. Do you understand that...? check out the leaderboard that didn't get there over night, maybe so, but for a few who do or can multitouch (great), but at least one of them is not and that is do to their hard work and time invested...(separate arena with no gcd). Yes keep gcd somewhere else, but just make one for the ones who who has grown to love PL for what it use to be.

Riccits
04-15-2011, 01:07 AM
pve=> its good now as is! no more buttons smashing and time enough for using all skills in pve. still there the little queue that elly figured out. just needs timing! i think in some weeks we all are practied enough for.

pvp=> finally i can give a serious try! :)

skills not working sometimes=> skills are highlighted but no working seems, but the skill has been lounched before, instead of the restore gray, its highlighted and we only think its not working.
i noticed it when i had focus active and the skill was highlighted and not working, but with focus active, the skill coudnt be highlighted, the time of restoring is much higher than focus is active. so its just a visualisation error.

bugs ao quests: i could craft the weapon finally, after the update i had all mystery weapons recipes in my stash...??????
still cant turn in the new quest by jones, plz fix it!!!!! want to get rid of it :)

tyvm sts! hope whining has an end now..

shloppyshmo
04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Everyone is making WAY to big a deal out of this. It's pathetic how feeble people are. "Well the crowd is doing it, so I should to!" Thats pretty stupid if you ask me. Any of you guys play games such as WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs that I am to tired to think of right now? Well guess what, they all have GCD. BTW, GCD is so slight at this point in time that the ONLY thing it does is not allow multitouch. Which, is great. Now the game actually takes a small amount of skill to play instead of having to be the person with the fastest fingers/greatest multitouch device. Back to my original comment about crowds. I have talked with several people who have not even tried the GCD and complain! This is the way that MMOs are! Give them some time to sort out the few bugs then the game will be perfect. Ok, I have said my piece.

-Shloppyshmo

RahX
04-15-2011, 01:20 AM
I like how people use the excuse of NOT comparing PL to every other major mmorpg when devs add stuff that costs but jump ship on that when something like this comes along.

Siejo
04-15-2011, 01:31 AM
It's nice to see things are calming down again. I couldn't believe Alterra was gonna be torn apart by an update. It was like chaos broke out and the mob was coming with torches to burn everything to the ground. Hopefully those who changed to a 1 star review will change it back. These Devs are awesome. Thanks for hearing us out and meeting us halfway.

rustyleg
04-15-2011, 02:02 AM
After several runs last night and this morning, I would still say the GCD takes a lot of pleasure of the game way, if before GCD the game can rate 5, now I would only give 2. During the battle actually u can't feel smooth and exciting, even GCD was improved in the last two patch, still bad. very sad to say.

rustyleg
04-15-2011, 02:08 AM
And another suggestion for the 1 plat res, I would suggest there is an option in settings to hide that, it actually makes me feel that the company(Devs) add the GCD and 1 plat res to drain player's money, Since after GCD you would die more for new players.

Sky../
04-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Gameplay is better with the reduced gcd. Not perfect, but playable. Others have already voiced the same opinions i have, so i will just reiterate them

-lower gcd a little bit more

-some skills should be unaffected by gcd (mainly buffs, heals, rev)

-a different way of showin cooldown? It is distracting to see the blinking skill buttons

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Just a side note, damage has been increased since the gcd was added. Physiologic had a post somewhere detailing the increase in skill damage.

Also, has anyone else noticed that it seems like the bandit queen no longer heals herself? I didn't see the green numbers over her head during the times I've fought her since the gcd, but I've been on my mage so I've been kinda concentrating on healing and debuffing, so I could just be missing it due to me watching health meters more.

EDIT: found the post http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23551-Evidence-of-buffed-skill-damage-post-GCD

cynic
04-15-2011, 02:34 AM
whatever u guys do about the gcd it still is killing all the fun. 80 % of the fun is lost .
its choppy unnatural and a bummer after playing this game like it was.
again im ofline and stay untill its removed , man u guys know how to ruin this game. everybody goes like oh yeah better but the fact is since gcd this game isnt fun.

oh and something thats bad for a game cant be adjusted until its good, when its bad its bad!
and gcd is BAD

JaytB
04-15-2011, 03:18 AM
whatever u guys do about the gcd it still is killing all the fun. 80 % of the fun is lost .
again im ofline and stay untill its removed , man u guys know how to ruin this game. everybody goes like oh yeah better but the fact is since gcd this game isnt fun.
oh and something thats bad for a game cant be adjusted until its good, when its bad its bad!
and gcd is BAD

With all do respect, if you're not playing how can you know it's bad?

I didn't like it at the start but as things stand now it's actually enjoyable to play. Levels don't really take much longer to complete, and playing solo is possible again since the latest tweak. It requires a bit more tactic instead of button mashing, which some of us already come to appreciate. The more I'm playing, the better I'm linking it. Give it a shot and don't say immediately you don't like it without even trying to get used to it.

Riccits
04-15-2011, 03:23 AM

and gcd is BAD

give it a try! instead of smashing use skills smooth and think a bit wich u really want to use instead of hoping in good luck..
jaytb says it, the more u practice, faster u will get it..

jaggedlilpill
04-15-2011, 03:28 AM
For starts, just want to thank the devs for listening to their customers and community and working to try to solve this. My playing time has decreased since gcd was implemented. The game just was too slow and boring. I logged in today after update. The speed is improved for sure. Still though sadly, I feel it takes alot of the 'fun' factor from the game. Its slow and very glitchy. I ran for quite a while tonight. Skills aren't registering and when they do, its like a lag before they fire off. Also, it seemed gcd wouldn't activate after I fired sometimes, or would freeze. It is very distracting on the eyes as well. I honestly don't understand why you messed with something that wasn't broken. I know pvp and lag issues have been mentioned, why not just for pvp? Lots of us don't pvp. Also I lag just as much if not more now. I definitely feel this will turn players away, I know you don't wish to do that. Im afraid though, you will lose alot of customers. If a game isn't fun anymore people wont play. The fun of the game for me as a pve player had definitely went down. Sorry to be negative nancy, just being honest. I hope you guys will work to bring the fun back.

ETA: im not a just smash buttons player either. I've always been kinda timely and strategic with placing my skills. Its like when you're playing a video game killing stuff you don't want your buttons on the controller to have a limit on how often u can press them, and then sometimes the button doesn't work. You finally will get annoyed and stop playing.

cynic
04-15-2011, 03:48 AM
to both you guys thanks for the friendly words, i could be more friendly to. sorry to the devs and readers but this was born out of frustration.
sure i tried it before posting!!
this morning i did.
i must say its so hard for me because all is soo slow, the problem is i wasnt smashing the buttons, i had a perfect (for me) sequence, i always left 2 skills open for use and thats something i cant do any more.

ok example:
with a bird and me as mage (pally) walked in with ice , thornwall was thrown then lighting and then fire!
BANG big combos. now i dont even get to that point because the slow reaction time due to gcd or not responding to the pressing.
And above all its so boring slow now its like there is only 1 rythem to play this!

hope it explains what it does to me.
and sure devs this is still a great game, i cant get used to it now

Hullukko
04-15-2011, 04:06 AM
give it a try! instead of smashing use skills smooth and think a bit wich u really want to use instead of hoping in good luck..
jaytb says it, the more u practice, faster u will get it..

This is what I don't understand. I didn't smash before, I paid a lot of thought and outside game planning as to what sequences I should be using and how to proceed after the initial unload against different mobs and bosses. The speed of what I was capable of unleashing, in which order and timing things with staff/sword, they were all crucial. In pve it's not nearly always about how fast.

And cynic made a good point there, one I haven't seen mention before.I, too, kept panic spells available in many situations, seldom was it about lashing out everything, and in those cases (or when just feeling lazy or distracted) it's still about smashing.

Now. Every once in a while in some restricted form of rhythm I try to execute similar patterns. It's painstakingly slow, choppy, I can do and affect it a lot less, and a lot of what I thought was the skill factor in this game is gone. Now it (still) feels like a turn based game with artificial time component.

The gcd now (after the 2nd patch to the initial gcd) is indeed short enough that I do believe that many will grow to accept it and even like it, but don't try to tell me that it now requires more skill nor that it's now good and me liking it is due to me not having given it enough time.

I'm trying to express here why I resent it. That's all. Anyone else is free to feel differently. My bitterness comes from the fact that from my perspective something that I had paid for and grown like was fine and not broken at all got broken and quite frankly all of the reasons I've heard so far fail convince me.

Pvp multitouching and smashing?
Vast majority of top pvp players are gutted. I don't have enough experience to go beyond that.
Multitouching could've be fixed by not allowing multitouching in skills. No press prior to release, that's how it's usually done. This gcd is a different beast. And a "solution" to a different "problem".

Pve?
Huge number of pve players are gutted.

Lag?
Network lag is a server/bandwidth issue, a 5 player game these days will not cause significant network lag, period. Number of game instance even it out serverside with or without gcd. I know, I develop for and dmin vpn servers.
Gfx lag in low end devices should be dealt with reduced rendering not by slowing those down with faster devices that have already grown to like the game as it is.

Forced selection of skills / more skill into game due paying more attention to how skills are used?
True for those who were lazy enough to pay attention and just smashed them button mindlessly. Many of them are very unlikely to enjoy the new system.
False for those who already paid attention to it a lot, only used to be quicker at it. Many of these are equally unlikely to enjoy the new system.

Game is now more difficult and now requires more skill?
No it's not and it doesn't. It's slower. And as a result it's actually easier in a sense that it's simpler. What one can do has been greatly limited, to survive and succeed one has to tone down the aggression what used to be possible. Runs maybe longer and more deaths occur (mostly because people haven't adapted and think glass cannons can still charge if they know what they're doing), but overall it's simpler. And feels wrong. Sorry. My yet another 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

Skills needs a revamp?
Sure, maybe, but this kind of jolt in game feel is hardly the solution in an existing game for which people have already paid for and clearly like.
What has been repeated here many times is that the pace of spell casting that this game allowed made this stand out.

I have to thank the dev team for trying. Two patches in two days is good, both in the right direction. But the initial adjustment was too big to be redeemed with two minor tweaks. I know the tweaking is not over, but there's still a long way to go and there's been clear statements that it will not be reverted. And my condolences to those in the dev team that didn't/don't like the gcd either. I'm sure some of them feel the same way, but understandably are unable to express that.

Riccits
04-15-2011, 04:18 AM
just for correction: i didnt want to say to noone that you r clueless buttons smasher!

ur right, game is a bit slower and i would lie when i say i dont prefer pve without GCD.
i just can say that its harder now and gives a bit more challenge, but its all really little what i tried yesterday after last update.

rustyleg
04-15-2011, 04:29 AM
It is not challenging, just boring. different people have different rhythm and pattern, what the hell r the devs try to force all people dance the same way! really dictatorship and nasty!

pjburns
04-15-2011, 05:05 AM
The game is once again playable!! I can like this. We just need to learn how to tweak our playing styles and work together. Good job devs!!

pjburns
04-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Couldn't have said it better.... There is not a point above that I don't agree with, altho my post below was fast and simple!! Thank you Hullukko!

Semiauto
04-15-2011, 05:21 AM
GCD is still making the game too slow and Combos are much harder to time. Please get rid of GCD (or at least reduce it to 0.1 seconds)! There is hardly anyone playing the game now.

rustyleg
04-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Just a few more runs, found a bug for the GCD system, for around 20 secs one of the spell (focus for bird) can't be registered even no other spell is casted. even I press it, it dimmed out(ok!) but the GCD was not triggered that means actually it does nothing!

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Correction on the glitch, it doesn't mean you can't use it, you have, it just doesn't show its cooling down.

Happened a lot to me today, on my Rage, Iron Blood, Evade buffs especially.

I notice when I tap it to use it, it doesn't cooldown which gives me the impression that its "stuck", but when I look at my stats/status bar, the buff is there. You can use it again after its own regular CD time, even if it doesn't look like it cooldowned at all.

Hope it's an easy fix! :)

davidis57
04-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Only thing I noticed is sometimes the skill your trying to use doesn't fire and its not a lag issue. Sometimes you have to push the skill button several times before it works. Yesterday with longer GCD time the combos never failed. Now they fail cause the skill wont activate.

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Also, the grates in Trash Heap's lair aren't attackable anymore. Didn't they used to be? They still have health bars over them, but they aren't going down and I can't target them.

Yvonnel
04-15-2011, 06:55 AM
I have to say first I don't PvP much at all.

But in regards to the gcd with the PvE it is alot better now. My hideout runs for example are now back under 5 mins. We still aren't back to under 4 yet, but I think it's possible. For example I'm back to my old playstyle (which anyone who's run with me knows) squishy mage leading the pack. And guess what no deaths in the sewers.

Again to the devs, thanks for the great game and all of the effort you put into making us happy.

Inching
04-15-2011, 07:01 AM
i still think its a bit long and shortening it still would be better.....

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Also, the grates in Trash Heap's lair aren't attackable anymore. Didn't they used to be? They still have health bars over them, but they aren't going down and I can't target them.

I was able to target them, but unloading on it with my mage wouldnt even budge the meter on it.

Vanced
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM

Elly, you are correct they at least use to be able to be destroyed... As my mage my AOE often would take out a couple during fight...

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I was able to target them, but unloading on it with my mage wouldnt even budge the meter on it.

Ah, I do remember them being hard to target pre-GCD, probably didn't try hard enough.

But yeah, the most important part is they don't budge, even on AoE spells.

Vanced
04-15-2011, 07:25 AM
First let me say... much smoother and a more relaxed game play with current GCD... I agree with Ellyband others... its in a playable sweet spot... but as always feel free to keep improving ...

I still have some of the same suggestions but not any where as close to needed as before...
* Minor increse in buff duration would be nice but not mandatory ...
* Still would like to see additioanl emphasis on combos .. maybe more dmg or more options to further the focus on techniques instead of random button mashing...

And for trivialness... I have said it before and Echo said it this time

Like a friend of mine told me this is a lot like the New Coke Conspiracy (http://www.obscure.org/~bob/stuff/coke.html) in the 80s And he was right or at least it looked that way.

PS: One thing I have always wanted in the game is for mage hands to change color with the face used. I know has nothing to do with GCD this is just a comment.

... but I would like to see some varity in the hair colors as well, the current just doesn't look right with some of the faces...

Thanks for the continuous effort...
~Elvix

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Regarding the issue with hitting a skill and it not registering the cooldown, but still activating, I've noticed its only happened on buffs and debuffs. Maybe in the patch they intended on removing the gcd from buffs anddebuffs, but its glitched? Probably not, just a thought I had.

Echelong
04-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Overall I like this patch for several reasons and hate some but more good than bad.

-Good job on GCD for now the games have been taking less than with the .5 GCD, this was kind of my play style although mage buffs and debuffs need to be timed more. Soloing still takes a while longer than it used to at least on PP. PUGs still suck at the moment maybe players will get used to it on after a while, but they are a pain at least most of them.

-Thank you for turning the volume down on the fart emotes.

-THANK YOU for eliminating the floor pieces at the entrance of hideout and K&Q boss area.

-The Enchanted Wand/bracer set doesn't have an improved bonus. Why is that?

One Suggestion

We have the skills free respec but how about you give us free stat respec so we can play around with different sets? For lvl 55-56 players the skills will stay generally the same but we could play a lot with different stats and sets to fit our play style more with the GCD.

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Ah, I do remember them being hard to target pre-GCD, probably didn't try hard enough.

Yeah, but not as hard to target as that damn healing totem in swill pitz :D lol

I swear I have to hit it at least 10 times before my target switches to it, maybe I just fail at targeting, although I never have a problem switching to the soul chests :(

Duke
04-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, but not as hard to target as that damn healing totem in swill pitz :D lol

I swear I have to hit it at least 10 times before my target switches to it, maybe I just fail at targeting, although I never have a problem switching to the soul chests :(

I still maintain that (screen real estate issues aside), a "cycle targets" button would be a nice-to-have feature because it can be very hard to tap-select a specific target in a crowd.

Laviticus
04-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Good call Duke! Cycle target button sounds like a great idea!

darkerelf
04-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I Fe redundant but please make a separate elite arena with no gcd, also keep the current pvp with gcd. Reason again is for all the previous hardworking few who has devoted their time into making the leaderboard. I couldn't ever 50-60k kills ever but hoped to be able to say one day that I was able to hold my own with them. For all that did make the leaderboard they use to be able to say they were proud of what they have achieved. That feeling now is losing all its value with gcd..

Please make a separate arena with no gcd..

darkerelf
04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
To add to my post about separate elite pvp arena, plz check out this site.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23622-TSSROSALKA-It-s-just-about-me-and-GCD-

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-15-2011, 08:48 AM

lmao found u in game :)

Echelong
04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
lmao found u in game :)

Elly you got a stalker....

>.>
<.<

/jk well maybe not

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
I remember, WBTO :)

xxEcHoxx
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow!!! Wassup everybody just got back on pl and saw the new changes...all are amazing to me except I don't understand why bears really needed it..went to pvp and I had to switch to a dexbear just to be able to get a kill..most of them were stolen kills but as a str bear I get murdered By long range users. I can pull off smash combo but slashes aren't fast enough .. idk maybe I just suck now lol

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow!!! Wassup everybody just got back on pl and saw the new changes...all are amazing to me except I don't understand why bears really needed it..went to pvp and I had to switch to a dexbear just to be able to get a kill..most of them were stolen kills but as a str bear I get murdered By long range users. I can pull off smash combo but slashes aren't fast enough .. idk maybe I just suck now lol

I actually found that the GCD helped bears the most.

It might just be my personal observation, but now we can actually compete since we can tank more, especially since mages/birds can't just skill spam us dead while we try to get to them.

Echelong
04-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Its just a new experience so everyone is learning now. There wasn't much skill on iPad users pressing 3 or 4 skills at the same time, it was even unfair for the others. Now its all about strategy and rhythm.

Elly - Dex bears should own now with a custom set right?

I am thinking of respecing my mage to dual spec with dex. I can get 105 crit with RR recurve set and 110 crit with custom set.

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Its just a new experience so everyone is learning now. There wasn't much skill on iPad users pressing 3 or 4 skills at the same time, it was even unfair for the others. Now its all about strategy and rhythm.

Elly - Dex bears should own now with a custom set right?

I am thinking of respecing my mage to dual spec with dex. I can get 105 crit with RR recurve set and 110 crit with custom set.

Not really own, we still get killed pretty easily.

Does insane amount of damage though, when used well.

Mages with a Custom Set (arguably Auto-bow or Recurve) is the most OP now, IMO.

Echelong
04-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Not really own, we still get killed pretty easily.

Does insane amount of damage though, when used well.

Mages with a Custom Set (arguably Auto-bow or Recurve) is the most OP now, IMO.

Yeah I am gonna dual spec to dex and see how well that buffed crit does.

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah I am gonna dual spec to dex and see how well that buffed crit does.

Tested it earlier, 2 dex mages killed me instantly when both used Drain Life and both crit, and from the 12m range. Bad..

Oh, and I was on my str set up, fully buffed.

darkerelf
04-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Regarding the issue with hitting a skill and it not registering the cooldown, but still activating, I've noticed its only happened on buffs and debuffs. Maybe in the patch they intended on removing the gcd from buffs anddebuffs, but its glitched? Probably not, just a thought I had.

I've experience that too where the gcd activates but the spell is not registering, very frustrating..

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Proof of Trash Heap grate glitch :

1 Bear, 3 Mages (So your guaranteed that they will AoE), 1 Bird.

While fighting :

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/dc15e0bd.png

Dead :

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/387a567b.png

You can see the grate's HP isn't moving at all.

Echelong
04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Well now trash heap got a little bit harder and so do pugs.

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Well now trash heap got a little bit harder and so do pugs.

This update really beefed up Recurves huh :P

First the awesome set bonus, now the harder drop. :o

Blayzn
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Everyone is making WAY to big a deal out of this. It's pathetic how feeble people are. "Well the crowd is doing it, so I should to!" Thats pretty stupid if you ask me. Any of you guys play games such as WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs that I am to tired to think of right now? Well guess what, they all have GCD. BTW, GCD is so slight at this point in time that the ONLY thing it does is not allow multitouch. Which, is great. Now the game actually takes a small amount of skill to play instead of having to be the person with the fastest fingers/greatest multitouch device. Back to my original comment about crowds. I have talked with several people who have not even tried the GCD and complain! This is the way that MMOs are! Give them some time to sort out the few bugs then the game will be perfect. Ok, I have said my piece.

-Shloppyshmo

I have to respectfully disagree. The entire issue, from my point of view, is that PL was NOT "WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs" If it were, I wouldn't have been interested, having played those and knowing how much time it takes. I liked PL immediately, because it was.....FAST. Short run times, feeling like you accomplished something on a break...VERY rewarding.

I posted that PL was better now (let me clarify, better after the patch to the patch...it was actually better for me before GCD), and it is, somewhat. I am on a totem quest for my bear, and I have to say, there is no way to get cyber gear. Gone are VL runs...they take too long and nobody joins like they used to. CtK as it always has has people dropping out before the Keeper. For those brave souls who stick around to try, they give up. I've been in groups that kocked the Keeper out fast in the past. I was in one last night, and the lvl 56 and 55 birds finally gave up. No-one was below 52. One thing is for sure...getting to 56 will not be fun. I've also given up on the Cyber Quests as well.

If I wanted WoW, i would be there. I'm not. I'm here because it is not WoW. To say that "all MMOs have GCD" is irrelevant in my opinion...unless that is what STS is trying for, which would be a mistake, also in my opinion. As many have posted, besides having Devs that listen, PL was a success with the "causal" speed gamer. If that is not what the Devs intended, then so be it...It was a success and made (and will make) them money! Think of it like penicillin...he wasn't out to discover it, he just did and what a change to the world it has made. PL was like that. GCD is better, but is still a step in the wrong direction, but I am hopeful for tweaking to come.

Skyler84
04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
this is a very good improvement but there are several things i want to mention but i believe people have already mention it before i do.

let me start with a small little gcd bug i notice. sometime when you activate a skill, after activation and after gcd, it remains in-activated and you can keep using it. but the problem is if this happens, the skill will not activate even though you are tapping it. suspected reason for this is cooldown of the skill is on after activation but not registered (dimmed-lit) after gcd.

now here's a suggestion for gcd flash blink on skills. as we understand, after a skill is activated, the gcd will take over the skill icon for as long as the gcd time is (which i don't know how long maybe .1 sec). the continual dimming of skills is kind of a distraction and can cause a fluctuation in player's concentration. i am not sure how many players will agree with this point but the suggestion here is to change the gcd dimming effect to time-line effect. like your auto attack, there a time line above it so by putting a time line below your mana bar would make a big difference and reduce distraction. but of course this is a suggestion if you are keeping the gcd which i do not really want it to happen.

the final point is how i feel and that is i still do not like gcd to be applied on pve because it slow down the pace of the game in term of pve. if its for preventing multi-touching i guess another form of way would be better and that is implementing skill block. i know this is definitely possible because certain games on iOS and android are using it. skill block basically prevent multi-touch of skill icons. if you try touching 2 skill at the same time, it simply won't be activated. and you do not need to apply global cooldown because how fast you cast your skills depends on the speed of your finger. i believe all games have better players but gcd just makes better players one step lower. (oh i am not a better player anyway but i see many better players missing in action or seeming was not as good as before.)

what i have to say and suggest is all done. thanks for your time (if you read this).

hopefully gcd is no longer applied in the next patch. but keep it in pvp.

JemNI
04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I personally like the improved version of the GCD. I mean if it has to be there at all for PVE. I would welcome changing it back to open for PVE and only have GCD for PvP which I don't actually even play. But back to my original point based on the previous post. The skill cooldown already has a progress meter so you know when it is recharging. It undims from bottom to top until it is fully bright again. The GCD just flashes all skills off momentarily. I'm cool with that. It's only like a tenth of a second now anyway. But I do notice that I will tap a skill, all skills will go off and then when it comes back, it's still available. I guess it may be a bug, I thought I was mistapping and haven't paid too much attention to it.

lilbyrdie
04-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Short run times, feeling like you accomplished something on a break...VERY rewarding.

The fast bit of accomplishment is the very thing that drew me to PL.

With yesterday's update (57072), CtK times are back down to "good enough" in my book. Accomplishing something with a single CtK run once in the 50s? That's a different story. The game does, ultimately, slow down a _lot_. The XP curve gets pretty steep, and the gains per level drop off as the best skills get maxed. That's a completely different issue, though. And it's one that will likely be alleviated with more levels and more dungeons.

It can also be alleviated at a personal level with more characters. I end up playing my 20 something bird or teens bear to feel accomplished during a quick break.

Gone are VL runs...they take too long and nobody joins like they used to. CtK as it always has has people dropping out before the Keeper. For those brave souls who stick around to try, they give up. I've been in groups that kocked the Keeper out fast in the past. I was in one last night, and the lvl 56 and 55 birds finally gave up. No-one was below 52. One thing is for sure...getting to 56 will not be fun. I've also given up on the Cyber Quests as well.

This is also a different issue, but a very real one. Most people have moved on the the Sewers. And newbies go to the Sewers because they think it's next after the Castle. The map makes it appear that way. This means several of the middle level zones are almost completely empty now. My low level bird made it through most of Fathom Crypt with seeing almost no one -- even in the town. STS should do something to force or coerce people to stop skipping areas and finish all the quests. This would put more people doing the same quests and make them easier (especially the cyber quests and elite frost quests).

People go from Castle to Sewers because they don't have plat to spend on the others. This hurts the game for everyone else. Maybe when you finish all the quests for all the previous level dungeons, you could get a big discount for the next dungeon? e.g. after finishing all of the AO quests, sewers would be significantly cheaper than before. Think a 50-75% reduction in platinum. a) this wouldn't hurt STS much because people aren't buying the other dungeons as much anyway. but b) there would be more engagement across all dungeons and make the game, overall, more pleasant.

There's no denying that doing quests with 4 others is far more entertaining than solo. But how do you find others who are doing the same quests as you with the same goals? I try to create VL sessions, and almost no one joins. Or if they do, they aren't familiar with it and don't even know how to take care of gurgox. (I wish it was easier to post links to players in game. Like, "Hey, go read this guide first then come back." Explaining gurgox in game is a pain -- and no one seems to know you don't need sound on.)

If I wanted WoW, i would be there. I'm not. I'm here because it is not WoW. To say that "all MMOs have GCD" is irrelevant in my opinion...unless that is what STS is trying for, which would be a mistake, also in my opinion. As many have posted, besides having Devs that listen, PL was a success with the "causal" speed gamer. If that is not what the Devs intended, then so be it...It was a success and made (and will make) them money! Think of it like penicillin...he wasn't out to discover it, he just did and what a change to the world it has made. PL was like that. GCD is better, but is still a step in the wrong direction, but I am hopeful for tweaking to come.

Agreed. I've had a similar point, too. If they intended this to be a hard core RPG, it wasn't to begin with. Nor was it reviewed that way or played that way. If they're trying to switch it up to that now -- a year later -- it's a mistake. They found an awesome compromise. And the irony? All this time I had thought it was on purpose since this is a mobile game. Hard core players will spend all their time in front of a computer. Mobile is the domain for causal.

Although I'd love to see more content in the 40-55 range (and beyond), I'd probably be just as happy -- or even happier -- with more content in the 10-25 range where leveling and exploration is still fast and furious. It's fun to level and finish quests at a similar rate, provided both have great rewards that are worth the [short] time. It's tedious to level and finish quests in the 50s. And I keep finding that by the time I do finish quests, even in the 50s, I've out leveled the rewards. If folks can get a level 51 Mega Mage set -- or even Level 51 orange and green superior sewer gear -- why would they bother finishing the Cyber or Mystery quests??

If there was more variety and rewards for low levels (10-25), I'd probably create more characters. I don't PvP -- probably never will, but who knows -- so creating twinks is of no interest to me. But creating a dex bear or mage, or a paladin? Yeah, that might be. But do I really want to go through the same set of quests and areas each time? *yawn* Not really. :)

Kalielle
04-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I think GCD is okay now in terms of how long you have to wait between skills. I may have used my skills a bit quicker before but not by much. (And I also think I used to double-tap skills a lot because the buttons didn't seem to work in time, and whatever they did a few days ago to make skills snappier fixed that. So I might actually be wasting less time now overall because I don't spend any time tapping the same skill 2-3 times.)

The constant rapid blinking is pretty distracting though, especially at the beginning of combat when I haven't used all my skills yet (because then more buttons flash in and out, whereas after I used them all they're already grayed out from the individual skill recharge). I found myself blinking my eyes and shaking my head to try to clear it as I was playing. And no I don't usually have problems with flashing things in video games, even when I play games that have more action going on on the screen than PL. Maybe it's because skills take up such a large part of the screen in PL, and the blinking is so repetitive it steals one's attention - more so than random flashy lights from casting spells and movement fighting enemies, which is distributed all over the screen and less distracting somehow.

The other (much more minor) problem for me was that I couldn't tell which skills are in their individual recharge phase while they were grayed out from the cooldown. But the time when I'm planning what skill to use next is precisely during the cooldown phase after I just cast a skill. And that's exactly when the display isn't telling me what skill I need to use next. Not sure what a fix for this could be though - maybe we could have a different indicator for individual skill cool down, like a grayed out pie chart slowly becoming light again? Just not sure if that might become too cluttered since PL has so many skills.

One solution of course would be to just make the cooldown so small that it's not even perceivable, so that it doesn't require a separate display - in effect just dissallowing multi-touch... It's almost there anyway. Just make it a bit shorter and the blinking display can go away completely.

It's definitely back to being playable now and I'll stick with PL even if it stays like this. But the blinking is truly hard on the eyes. Don't know if I'll get used to it in time, or else maybe I'll just take more frequent breaks from playing to clear my head (probably not a bad thing anyway :)).

wamphryi
04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Everyone has an opinion on the release. Well here is mine.
-GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
-Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
-Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....
-The "double logout" is redundant.

-Faces are cool
-Character creation and tutorial great
-Emote pack 3 good
-Quest option great
-Joining game thru friend fix...bingo.

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

The devs do good work...but I cant say that with some major points on 1.7.1.
I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".

JaytB
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
A possible fix for the gdc masking which skills are available, could be to make the skills that are cooling down appear differently in gcd state. An example could be to make the skill buttons appear grey for the time when they are both in cooldown and gcd. This way you can quickly check what skills are available, even during gcd and no separate display of any sorts would be needed.

I hope that made sense :)

Physiologic
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd like to attest to a glitch that comes with this patch that occasionally prevents me from using a skill that is supposed to work - happened last night at Trash Heap, I couldn't use Evasion or Focus. I toggled the "hide skill map" button at the top right a few times and the skills worked again.

cynic
04-15-2011, 02:13 PM
-GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
-Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
-Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....

-Faces are cool
-Emote pack 3 good
-Quest option great

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".

This was well said i finaly found a way to play and still enjoy the game.
Still hate the gcd and its far from perfect, its acceptable now.

Riccits
04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
u can all punsh me but....
i just played with double, cowboyjim and some other in stronghold.. i coudnt feel that we was any slower than pre-GCD... i hadnt any problem..
could it be that skills/combos now stronger...?

double, plz post something :)

Echelong
04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I think one of the elite farming teams should post a video on how to play now. Maybe one vid per class on a high level area. That way we can let people know how fast this game can be at the moment.

I am not the best player in PL by a very long shot but when I am with a couple of friends we can clear BS areas almost as fast as before.

karmakali
04-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Several small issues... BOV AND BOM seems to stick intermittently. I know this has been mentioned before but I just thought I would reinforce that it is a problem.
Also on Roach as you come around the corner from Stench there is a weird sort of rippling effect to the graphics that lasts until you get into the main end room. It's not really a problem...just sort of distracting.
Overall I am pleased with the latest GCD adjustment. It is very playable with very little adjustment of my personal play style needed.
Thank you Devs for listening and adjusting!

pastrychef
04-15-2011, 02:46 PM

-Faces are cool
-Emote pack 3 good
-Quest option great

+1 I could not have said it any better myself. Thanks.

wamphryi
04-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I have noticed something (skipped my mind in my last post). It seems to me(atleast from what I have read into all the tons of posts) like alot of people hating GCD are ones who solo more, and the ones who say that there isnt much difference/its fast/etc team alot.
Again if STS wants PL to be a game where people are supposed to team up to do everything...hey GCD works like you want it. But again.....you are reducing your target demographic and thus potential revenue.
I dont team much...not my preference. I would rather attack a zone with just myself or my wife, than join a random group and run. I deal with people for 10 straight hours at work on conference calls, meetings, etc. Being able to "veg out" and not worry about what someone is saying or doing is what I want. And GCD has taken that ability away from me.
Change is difficult. But not all change is good. GCD is one of the later.
I have alot more to say....but had better leave it at this before I say something the wrong way.

If you like/are ok with/etc GCD....I'm glad you are, I hope PL gives you as much enjoyment as it did in the past, and good luck.
For me.....well..........

JaytB
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I think one of the elite farming teams should post a video on how to play now. Maybe one vid per class on a high level area. That way we can let people know how fast this game can be at the moment.

I am not the best player in PL by a very long shot but when I am with a couple of friends we can clear BS areas almost as fast as before.

Great idea :) I have this 'screen recorder' software installed on my iPhone. We could setup a group and record the process a couple of times and pick the best video (and maybe get some good loot in the process ;) ) PM me if you'd like to do that sometime. I must admit I never play on my iPhone (playing on iPad mostly), so I hope I won't mess up :) I'll look into the possibility to record on my iPad later. There might be a (jailbreak) tool to record video for it too. Another thing we could do is record time to clear a level in different party setups ie. Mage/4 archers, 5 mages, bear/2mage/2archers... This might give us an insight of which setup will clear everything the fastest way possible. As i sid somewhere before, my guess is that 1 pally/4 archers is the fastest way to clear the levels.

That being said, I have to agree with Ech when he says it's probably almost as fast to clear a level now as it was before the gcd. I really don't get why people are still upset when it has already been tweaked down so much. I did solo runs earlier and it didn't really take me much longer to complete anything really. In general, people are always acting up when something changes for them, but I'm sure STS had a VERY good reason to implement this and my guess is that it wasn't only to tweak pvp.

Remark: And, Ech... You ARE one of the best players IMO :)

Echelong
04-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Great idea :) I have this 'screen recorder' software installed on my iPhone. We could setup a group and record the process a couple of times and pick the best video (and maybe get some good loot in the process ;) ) PM me if you'd like to do that sometime. I must admit I never play on my iPhone (playing on iPad mostly), so I hope I won't mess up :) I'll look into the possibility to record on my iPad later. There might be a (jailbreak) tool to record video for it too. Another thing we could do is record time to clear a level in different party setups ie. Mage/4 archers, 5 mages, bear/2mage/2archers... This might give us an insight of which setup will clear everything the fastest way possible. As i sid somewhere before, my guess is that 1 pally/4 archers is the fastest way to clear the levels.

That being said, I have to agree with Ech when he says it's probably almost as fast to clear a level now as it was before the gcd. I really don't get why people are still upset when it has already been tweaked down so much. I did solo runs earlier and it didn't really take me much longer to complete anything really. In general, people are always acting up when something changes for them, but I'm sure STS had a VERY good reason to implement this and my guess is that it wasn't only to tweak pvp.

Remark: And, Ech... You ARE one of the best players IMO :)

If you have found a screen recorder that records at least true 30 fps let me know, but so far all the ones I have tested the quality of very bad. You could record videos from your iPhone while playing with your iPad a'la Physio style with a pepsi can as a tripod. I will be on tonight I was using my mage with a custom set to run a few plasma pyramids.

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of deaths.

I'd like to attest to a glitch that comes with this patch that occasionally prevents me from using a skill that is supposed to work - happened last night at Trash Heap, I couldn't use Evasion or Focus. I toggled the "hide skill map" button at the top right a few times and the skills worked again.

I am having the same problem, this appears to be random but it tends to happen more on areas where you have to spam more skills and on bosses.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
no way ur right

SUPAPRODIGY
04-15-2011, 05:28 PM
but not all the way because the people that hate GCD are the people that that team up and raid alot so there was already teamwork now everyone is angry and not teaming up anymore

JaytB
04-15-2011, 06:07 PM
If you have found a screen recorder that records at least true 30 fps let me know, but so far all the ones I have tested the quality of very bad. You could record videos from your iPhone while playing with your iPad a'la Physio style with a pepsi can as a tripod. I will be on tonight I was using my mage with a custom set to run a few plasma pyramids.

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of time

Today won't be possible for me, but tomorrow will. I intend to hit it hard tomorrow to try and get some good loot. I should be on for most of the day :)

As for the screen recording software, I just tried it but it doesn't seem to work on iOS 4.3.1 anymore :( I'll look into that tomorrow. If not, I should have some coke can laying around ;)

And yes, our group was the fastest for me too :)

Seminole
04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi all i a really no like a gcd and all say this. But why i can press button but not next button? I say and a person bring me here and ask why gcd make you do that? I just say i no want to get kick out for say i no like it because everytime i die but not before. FriendS always save me but now friend no play nomore and i no like play because button still no work only first time? So please i ask can please fix? My friend spell check agaib for all you.

Zeus
04-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the remark I do try my best sometimes not enough hehe. You know every class just perfect and ours groups have been the fastest and with the least amount of deaths.

I am having the same problem, this appears to be random but it tends to happen more on areas where you have to spam more skills and on bosses.

Recording on my iPhone will playing on my Ipad was my style :p. TOILET PAPER TRIPOD FTW!

DawnInfinity
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Recording on my iPhone will playing on my Ipad was my style :p. TOILET PAPER TRIPOD FTW!

:rolleyes:

/ten

Physiologic
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM

Gangsta

http://i54.tinypic.com/aakr54.jpg

Plasticuproject
04-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Pokechmp
04-15-2011, 08:01 PM
What I DO mind are skills not working WHEN I press them, repeatedly pressing BoM and nothing happening, the new choppy effect the game now has, and always feeling like I'm lagging.
Me too! It just blinks, reappears, and nothing happens! This happens very often on evade and blessing of might. I havnt tried my bear yet for rage and iron blood (notice how these are all buffs). It does happen on all other skills every so often. Its really irritating when it won't work on heal or mana shield:(

JaytB
04-15-2011, 08:05 PM
On iPad: An option to hide the quest description on top of the screen would be nice. Similar as the message that you're not gaining xp can be hidden. Sometimes the quest description is 3 lines, and although not a huge problem given the size of the iPad screen, it would be nice to have a button to show/hide this info

JaytB
04-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Okay. I no longer mind the GCD one bit, it's actually kind of neat. What I DO mind are skills not working WHEN I press them, repeatedly pressing BoM and nothing happening, the new choppy effect the game now has, and always feeling like I'm lagging.

Now for the "constructive" part

Please use your super awesome programming skillz to make these problems go away, and make my skill casting much smoooother.

Thanks for listening!

Isn't that what was posted before? I remember someone saying the skills actually ARE activated, it just doesn't show that you pressed the corresponding skill button. Did you check in the upper left to see if the skill activated or not? Then again, this should be fixed.

Edit: upper left I meant instead of upper right o.O

rocket
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I have noticed something (skipped my mind in my last post). It seems to me(atleast from what I have read into all the tons of posts) like alot of people hating GCD are ones who solo more, and the ones who say that there isnt much difference/its fast/etc team alot.

Before GCD, there was always a lot of overkill. Imagine a group of 5 mages running through a map. You probably only really needed 2 mages spamming all their skills to completely kill a group of enemies. So now Post GCD, even though each player is individually weaker, as a group there is still overkill.

Post GCD, where you will really see the biggest effects is in the time to kill bosses which will mostly take longer and of course when people try to solo.

I am sure all the "Elite" teams are getting great run times, but that is because (from what I have seen on the forums) they usually seem to run with 3-5 birds. People who play in random PUGs don't have that luxury and are having the most trouble at bosses it seems.

One last comment, I think the King and Queen should have double the normal drop rate or the normal drop rate and a large 5K gold treasure. It doesn't seem right that that you have to kill two bosses to get one prize. Surely the King and Queen of the sewers should have a larger treasure then a heap of trash and a cockroach.

Furyteddy
04-16-2011, 12:17 AM
the great thing about gcd is that more players buy pots now instead of always depending on heals ^^

SUPAPRODIGY
04-16-2011, 12:22 AM
what now haters

Raulur
04-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Finally had a chance to play the new gcd changes. I still don't really like it, but I can live with it. If that's as low as we can go, I can adjust. Thank you for listening. :)

Hopefully that new client has a disable farts/pukes option, lol.

Edit: oh yes: Like the others, I occasionally get a skill that gets greyed out like it was activated, but it never activates.

Marcoolio
04-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Hello! Finaly i join this forum..

I think this update is now pretty cool and ppl can play again. Still i think before this gcd-update playing is much funnier.

But its true that true players can handle this gcd. Have to learn new tactics to use combos but its make new challenges. I dont want to crush devs hard work like someone says he delete whole game..keep on good and hard working masters!!
(btw..my english sucks)

Plasticuproject
04-16-2011, 03:48 AM

Ellyidol
04-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Edit: oh yes: Like the others, I occasionally get a skill that gets greyed out like it was activated, but it never activates.

It activates, it just doesn't show the skill going on cooldown which gives us the impression that it doesn't activate at all.

I've been keeping an eye on my status buffs before and after this type of bug happens, and of all the times it has happened, the skill was always used. Just doesn't show it cooling down which is just as annoying. :)

JaytB
04-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Hello! Finaly i join this forum..

I think this update is now pretty cool and ppl can play again. Still i think before this gcd-update playing is much funnier.

But its true that true players can handle this gcd. Have to learn new tactics to use combos but its make new challenges. I dont want to crush devs hard work like someone says he delete whole game..keep on good and hard working masters!!
(btw..my english sucks)

Hi! Glad to see you made it to the forums bud :)

grac
04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
finnaly join forum .. hello all
first , excuse me for my english , its not my natural language .

I would give my opinion .

i play PL since last summer (a 55 mage and 53 bear) and i love(d) it. I would say its better now with latest updates and i really thank devs for opinion listenning and their quick action !
But (héhé there is a but) i'm affraid not to find pleasure i used to have before anymore .The game (feeling) is so slow , and eyes quite always on skill's pad for seing gcd's ending.Or if not , tap some skill at wrong moment.
It's definitly not the same game anymore (again , in my opinion) .
Gonna try to find pleasure with it , sure .. not sure i will get it .
If it's here to stay , perhaps give away gcd at least of non damage spells will be a good consensus .. But now after those update i'm not hopefull of that .

Anyway , had a lot of pleasure with this game before that , and thanks for it :)

The Real Jira
04-16-2011, 10:24 AM
finnaly join forum .. hello all
first , excuse me for my english , its not my natural language .

I would give my opinion .

i play PL since last summer (a 55 mage and 53 bear) and i love(d) it. I would say its better now with latest updates and i really thank devs for opinion listenning and their quick action !
But (héhé there is a but) i'm affraid not to find pleasure i used to have before anymore .The game (feeling) is so slow , and eyes quite always on skill's pad for seing gcd's ending.Or if not , tap some skill at wrong moment.
It's definitly not the same game anymore (again , in my opinion) .
Gonna try to find pleasure with it , sure .. not sure i will get it .
If it's here to stay , perhaps give away gcd at least of non damage spells will be a good consensus .. But now after those update i'm not hopefull of that .

Anyway , had a lot of pleasure with this game before that , and thanks for it :)

This is the type of post I hope STS takes deeply to heart.

Pokechmp
04-17-2011, 07:14 AM
This has been going on ever since the update... Skills don't friggin work!!!! Gcd or whatever it is is fine. I think it's causing the skills to not work but idk. Just fix it and I will be fine! You guys aren't doing anything and if u don't fix it, i wont play, give a terrible review, and delete the friggin app!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

karmakali
04-17-2011, 07:31 AM
The developers of PL have done the exact opposite. They have listened to rationale calmly spoken concerns and have adapted the update accordingly. Letting loose with a childish rant is not constructive. If you want your voice to be heard then take a deep breath and clearly state the issues you are having (ie: which skills aren't working and when)
Also...FYI...very few people in this world are motivated to action by threats.

cynic
04-17-2011, 07:45 AM
The developers of PL have done the exact opposite. They have listened to rationale calmly spoken concerns and have adapted the update accordingly. Letting loose with a childish rant is not constructive. If you want your voice to be heard then take a deep breath and clearly state the issues you are having (ie: which skills aren't working and when)

u are right bout that but i understand why people feel like it (just recently i adapted to the game but still its not the same and a whole part of fun is gone so i felt the same way)
ok i came to my senses but a lot and i mean a lot of people quit and feel its no fun anymore.

i hope in the future the devs wont do anything like this to the game anymore, i dont think i will survive that another time :)

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 07:46 AM
u are right bout that but i understand why people feel like it (just recently i adapted to the game but still its not the same and a whole part of fun is gone so i felt the same way)
ok i came to my senses but a lot and i mean a lot of people quit and feel its no fun anymore.

i hope in the future the devs wont do anything like this to the game anymore, i dont think i will survive that another time.

It will :)

They've done changes as big as this before.

Crushing the rush, total combat rebalances, they were a big of a change as this, IMO.

In fact, I find GCD the least biggest change in overall gameplay between those 3 major changes.

cynic
04-17-2011, 07:49 AM
so basicly u say i better quit ,now that i bought platinum again?
:)

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
so basicly u say i better quit ,now that i bought platinum again?
:)

Eh?

I'm saying PL will survive and how, in my opinion, GCD brings the least change in overall game play compared to the previous major changes.

I do not know where you see me implying for you to quit.

cynic
04-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Eh?

I'm saying PL will survive and how, in my opinion, GCD brings the least change in overall game play compared to the previous major changes.

I do not know where you see me implying for you to quit.
because i said i wont survive something like this another time and u r saying it will change, i didnt say PL wouldnt survive i said i wouldnt survive that :)
the :) implies it was a joke

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 08:01 AM
because i said i wont survive something like this another time and u r saying it will change, i didnt say PL wouldnt survive i said i wouldnt survive that :)
the :) implies it was a joke

Wow, my bad.

My eyes are too fast for my brain to follow, I read it as PL will not survive. :p

Take my answer as informative then and not responsive :)

cynic
04-17-2011, 08:05 AM
no worries m8.
like i said i came to my senses but a lot of people in the game and on forum are angry so i understand people go in defence.

gonna use emicons more to express more :)

ps my english aint that good so sometimes its looking for the words

karmakali
04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Adaptability is one of humanities greatest attributes. :)

Pandamoni
04-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Adaptability is one of humanities greatest attributes. :)

Yes, but what if you're a penguin? :p

The Real Jira
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Class changes, balances, new gear, specs, and content enhancements are minor changes compared to the human-computer-interface (HCI) mechanics introduced with GCD -- PL hasn't experienced a larger per capita player exodus in the past -- no other position is even defensible, numbers are numbers. I truly wish those were not the facts, but they are.

And I think there are a lot of players like me, I know 4 others in just my small group, who are all veterans/56, that have lost their love for the game with GCD. We don't play currently, but we're not giving up hope either. Monday, next week, or next month might restore the roar to PL. If not, I'm sure our interest in PL will continue to fade as it becomes a smaller and smaller part of our lives. One day, the last of us will even bother to check the forums. It's just the evolution of things.

Regardless, I have nothing but love for STS - the visionaries, the leadership, the game designers, artists, developers, and testers. STS invented a genre and showed other software companies what opportunities exist in the mobile market for MMO's.

In case I don't feel up to it in the future, STS -- this is why PL attracted me and kept me until the latest patch:

1. I'm a gamer at heart and have a long history of playing MMO's
2. My real life priorities don't allow for the massive time commitment required to be top-level in a game such as WoW.
3. I can play without wasting time doing things like travelling between destinations, repairing gear, or selling items.
4. Groups organically form and decay making it simple to access end game content without a large organized group (and the politics and infighting that comes with them).
5. Technology such as special/latest hardware or connection speeds don't provide significant advantages.
6. Simplicity of class make-up, skills, and tactics allow a player to be a student of the game without having to use higher mathematics.
7. Team-based PVP and PVE both with an emphasis on cooperative play for ultimate success.
8. The speed of which one could consume content and level players. PL has a grind, but the pace is such that other than 55-56 is nearly unnoticed -- yet it still needed to be earned.
9. The vibrant community who was a good group of people, unlike so many other games which are populated with undesirables.
10. The pace of the game play was finely balanced between an FPS and traditional MMO

That's pretty much it, flame away. =)

karmakali
04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Calm, rational and well spoken Jira!

@pandamoni- penguins are doomed to a life of monogamy and monotany with the bird of their dreams:p

grac
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Class changes, balances, new gear, specs, and content enhancements are minor changes compared to the human-computer-interface (HCI) mechanics introduced with GCD -- PL hasn't experienced a larger per capita player exodus in the past -- no other position is even defensible, numbers are numbers. I truly wish those were not the facts, but they are.

And I think there are a lot of players like me, I know 4 others in just my small group, who are all veterans/56, that have lost their love for the game with GCD. We don't play currently, but we're not giving up hope either. Monday, next week, or next month might restore the roar to PL. If not, I'm sure our interest in PL will continue to fade as it becomes a smaller and smaller part of our lives. One day, the last of us will even bother to check the forums. It's just the evolution of things.

wow that's exactly what i wanted to say earlier , but english vocabulary missed me . Thank you !
keep hope :)

Pokechmp
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok, ok. Im just really mad because peeps keep on complaining about the problem and the devs did nothing about it. I put in a nice comment about this before, and nothing has been changed. This is getting very annoying when I am in battle and is very bad when I can't use heal or mana shield.

JaytB
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Ok, ok. Im just really mad because peeps keep on complaining about the problem and the devs did nothing about it. I put in a nice comment about this before, and nothing has been changed. This is getting very annoying when I am in battle and is very bad when I can't use heal or mana shield.

Patience is a virtue...

karmakali
04-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Pomechmp- I truly hope you stick with it and acclimate to GCD. This game needs passionate players...just harness your aggrivation into determination to learn to work with the changes that appear to be permanent.
Good luck to you!

Dartagnian
04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone else notice the snuck in store purchase of elixers can't be purchased by gold anymore. I feel squeezed, hehe. So does my wallet. 8(

Pokechmp
04-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Pomechmp- I truly hope you stick with it and acclimate to GCD. This game needs passionate players...just harness your aggrivation into determination to learn to work with the changes that appear to be permanent.
Good luck to you!
I know, gcd is fine. I'm ok with it. It's just some skills don't appear to be working. I think they can change that AND have gcd at the same time.

Nesper
04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Anyone else notice the snuck in store purchase of elixers can't be purchased by gold anymore. I feel squeezed, hehe. So does my wallet. 8(

ya this bums me out :(

Moogerfooger
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I know, gcd is fine. I'm ok with it. It's just some skills don't appear to be working. I think they can change that AND have gcd at the same time.

It may be possible (and they are looking into it) that the icon for a skill does not dim but the skill does work. One of the devs was on this morning and said they had been unable to duplicate so far.

Sometimes I hit a button thinking I had fired a skill, but I really hadn't because the cooldown hadn't quite recharged even though in a hurry I swore it was. Happens to me on Focus and Evade on my bird, and Mana Shield and the two blessings on my mage. I just try to be more careful.

Maynard
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
PL is the best MMO going. I don't really care what other MMOs have done. There is a reason that this one grew as quickly as it did and others did not. Emulating what a lesser game has done to stay mediocre is not, in my opinion, a step forward. I saw Ebay do similar changes, They had a good thing going, started changing things in the wrong direction, and then wondered why revenue and interest waned. GCD is better than it was, but I don't see the need for anymore of a delay than is necessary to stop multi-touching.

Tsarra
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
GCD is acceptable now. All the new stuff is a bit overwhelming. :)

Now, if you guys would just fix the popping sound on iOS 4.3.1+...