PDA

View Full Version : blighted amulet and curse problems

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Wondering why blighted amulet isnt immune to curse if your wearing and a mage curses you you get totally recked this doesnt seem right imo. Was this the way it was meant to work? This is supposed to be a top amulet at low lvls and is totally useless against curse mages

Caabatric
06-07-2015, 12:02 AM
um what.......

Dex Scene
06-07-2015, 01:57 AM
um what.......
Blighted amulet gives dot to attackers.
It is very good amu in twink level.
I myself used it on my twink rogue. The poison damage to attackers is very sweet.
What Op said, is that dot isn't immune to mage's curse.
Means if you wear blighted amu and a mage can hit you and blighted amu starts giving your enemy dots and then the mage can curse you. The dots will reflect on you for the curse.
You can do nothing to avoid curse wearing a blighted amu.
I havent noticed it yet but if its the case it should be fixed.

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Yea i tested just the proc a couple times and it is not immune mages will tear u apart i currently only use it for vs against rogues and warriors and have to switch up if curse mage is in the room kinda sucks but yes this should be fixed as i dont think this was intented to work that way

Madnex
06-07-2015, 12:39 PM
That's a bit selfish. With the shield buff, curse lost a lot of its usefulness so this is a very slight advantage against this particular item. You can always not use the amulet or use a pet that cleanses Curse debuff. Or just wait for the next amulet from Ursoth event.

Caabatric
06-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Blighted amulet gives dot to attackers.
It is very good amu in twink level.
I myself used it on my twink rogue. The poison damage to attackers is very sweet.
What Op said, is that dot isn't immune to mage's curse.
Means if you wear blighted amu and a mage can hit you and blighted amu starts giving your enemy dots and then the mage can curse you. The dots will reflect on you for the curse.
You can do nothing to avoid curse wearing a blighted amu.
I havent noticed it yet but if its the case it should be fixed.

0.0 no wonder

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I dont see how this is selfish. Imo your being the selfish one by possible destroying a items functionality because you lost a valuble function that gave a mage a advantage that wasnt supposed to be in the first place so dont throw shots pls putting words in my mouth i cleary asked a question if this was supposed to be this items function or not i dont see why it should be if rogues and warriors are affected

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Or maybe we should get better information on these kind of things because i wouldnt of wasted 3mil to upgrade this and buy this item in the first place.

epicrrr
06-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Its a DOT on proc insta death if you're in a clash fighting a curse mage. We never bothered with blighted cuz of this.

Wutzgood
06-07-2015, 02:58 PM
I thought skills or gear with dot is a big no no against curse mages. Not sure why this is a surprise.

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 04:10 PM
If thats the case i have never noticed it with anything else other than skills i think gear should not be vulnerable to this. Hows it fair mages are the only ones who benifit from this and no other class can

Dex Scene
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM
That's a bit selfish. With the shield buff, curse lost a lot of its usefulness so this is a very slight advantage against this particular item. You can always not use the amulet or use a pet that cleanses Curse debuff. Or just wait for the next amulet from Ursoth event.

How come its selfish?
So blighted amulet users should have another amulet in inventory to switch it out when they see a mage with curse.
Ridiculous.
you get cursed, you have option to attack and take reflected damages or counter it with not hitting.
What blight amulet does is take the freedom out.
A mage will curse you.
He will hit you and ur amulet starts doing dots.
Gg.

Thats not how it should work nor it was intended to.
Dev should look at it and fix it in next week update.

Madnex
06-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I thought skills or gear with dot is a big no no against curse mages. Not sure why this is a surprise.
Exactly, there are a lot of other items with DoT proc (from flamestrike to magma claymore to goblin weapons); curse working well against DoT is no news.

Again, from an objective point of view, it's plainly selfish to ask for an item's specifics to be changed because you didn't read its description and consider the implications before investing on it.

Dex Scene
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
This is a surprise because doing dots with a weapon or skill depends on you. Where blighted amu's dot depends on your enemy. You cant do a thing. Enemies attack you and it triggers the proc.

Ardbeg
06-07-2015, 04:20 PM
If thats the case i have never noticed it with anything else other than skills i think gear should not be vulnerable to this. Hows it fair mages are the only ones who benifit from this and no other class can

it was the same with the buffed bulwarks. mages and rogues had to strip all dot effects to fight bulwarks (much easier for rogues).

dot effects have pros and cons. pro is for example you have more chances triggering weapon procs on dealing damage (mages have a big advantage from crit modifiers like eyes here). con is curse lol. as long as pros and cons are spread over all classes and items, it s fair game. (choosing the right gear/skill for every situation is what mmos are all about)

Dex Scene
06-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Exactly, there are a lot of other items with DoT proc (from flamestrike to magma claymore to goblin weapons); curse working well against DoT is no news.

Again, from an objective point of view, it's plainly selfish to ask for an item's specifics to be changed because you didn't read its description and consider the implications before investing on it.
Whats broken is broken. It needs a fix. Always asking for favors for mages is pretty selfish too.
Curse is mean to counter the attacks enemies do on you.
Blighted proc is where nothing your enemy can do about.
Player A wears blighted amu.
Player B controlls blighted proc.
Player B uses curse on blighted proc.
Player B kills player A.

Player A asking why is it that way.
That doesn't make player A selfish in anyway.

Ofcourse we can wear other amu.
But then where we thought we needed fixes on some weapons (such bulwark, bows) we spoke for it.
We could just use other weapons too.

Dex Scene
06-07-2015, 04:30 PM
it was the same with the buffed bulwarks. mages and rogues had to strip all dot effects to fight bulwarks (much easier for rogues).

dot effects have pros and cons. pro is for example you have more chances triggering weapon procs on dealing damage (mages have a big advantage from crit modifiers like eyes here). con is curse lol. as long as pros and cons are spread over all classes and items, it s fair game. (choosing the right gear/skill for every situation is what mmos are all about)
Maybe they can make the dot proc happen on attacking instead of taking hits. It can bring the fairness. One can refrain from applying dot proc on the enemy mage while he has curse on him.

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 04:33 PM
True ive been on lvl 13 for almost all my career so havent had the chance to be exposed to this on any other items and i hear what your saying but it like dexscene said u dont have a choice with this amulet. Its whatever tho i spent 3mil on a ammy i can strictly use for vs against rogues and warriors wooooooo total awesomeness lol

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 04:37 PM
I was gonna grand a skull gem on this ammy to thank god i didnt id die to a mage in one combo lol

epicrrr
06-07-2015, 04:56 PM
That amulet not even worth 3m. Is the seller Hypereon?

Wutzgood
06-07-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't think it's a glitch. This happens with all dot equip and skills with curse or reflect.

kickazzrogue
06-07-2015, 05:48 PM
No mine is dex version paid around 900k for it then paid another 2mil for 2 eyes so it cost me about 3mil

Dex Scene
06-08-2015, 06:06 AM
I don't think it's a glitch. This happens with all dot equip and skills with curse or reflect.
This is the only equipment which dot happens on getting hit instead of attacking

Wutzgood
06-08-2015, 08:11 AM
This is the only equipment which dot happens on getting hit instead of attacking

It happens with all dot damage. This is just the first equip that gives dot when recieving damage. I figured this would be the case and its why I didn't bother investing in a blighted amulet for my twink.

kickazzrogue
06-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Please fix on a weekly update :) im pretty sure this was not intented to work this way