PDA

View Full Version : Fireball Stun - Not able to stun Vine mobs in Planar tombs

Wazakesy
06-09-2015, 12:22 AM
hello all,

Recently while running planar tombs after the mages freeze upgrade "bug", i have noticed that fireball's third upgrade has totally stopped working on the purple vine mobs. I would like the upgrade to work again as of the following reasons:

i) This has totally messing up the problem of the constant spawning vines in planar tombs 3. Us mages were meant to stun mobs as well. Usually in Planar tombs 3 we mages stun the spawning vine mobs during boss fight, while the other warrior and rogues focus on killing the boss.

ii) The vines are very poweful and fast at attacking, these are a deadly combination with the Planar tombs 3 boss. The boss has ridiculous one hit moves for classes with less than 3.8k-4.5k hp.

iii) Fireball's cooldown is at least 4seconds, and the stun lasts hardly for 3seconds. Charging the skill entirely takes 1second-1.5seconds. This is a main Area of effect skill as well, this skill is important due to its large damage radius, stun, and its Damage over time upgrade. This is the skill that a mage must have in Elites.

Kindly make this skill work, its really been tough holding those pesky vines in PT3.

extrapayah
06-09-2015, 08:51 AM
it was never working on vines since the release of planar tomb... sadly...

Wazakesy
06-09-2015, 09:37 AM

it was working....it always did work...if a pet like singe can, why not fireball...

before the freeze was taken, fireball stun was working tho.

Oursizes
06-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I tested something like this on wt4 as well,fireball stuns some mobs and doesnt stun the other half, idk why. And for clock, it usually stops most mobs but some still come through. Another bug perhaps?

Wazakesy
06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
I tested something like this on wt4 as well,fireball stuns some mobs and doesnt stun the other half, idk why. And for clock, it usually stops most mobs but some still come through. Another bug perhaps?

i dont know, but thats been there ever since wt4 was introduced. The silver skeleton mobs are usually immune to fb stuns and other mage skills...pet skills like singe will stun everything :/

Madnex
06-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Each and every skill has a maximum target number. For example, fireball has 6. Vines not being stunned by fireball is likely a bug though.

Jazzi
06-09-2015, 06:00 PM
it was working....it always did work...if a pet like singe can, why not fireball...

before the freeze was taken, fireball stun was working tho.

Fireball has a limit on the target it hits. I cant say from personal experience if fireball did stun before or not, as I main rogue, but I am more inclined to trust extrapayah on that as he probably has a couple thousand t3 runs ;)

Madnex
06-09-2015, 07:00 PM

Charged weapon stun works, pet stuns work and they can be frozen. I listed it just either way.

extrapayah
06-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Charged weapon stun works, pet stuns work and they can be frozen. I listed it just either way.

great, i don't mind making sorcerer's cc skill stronger/more useful, but probably it is because fireball is a 'knocback' and vines are immune to this

anyway, maddy, can you add another to your bug list? currently sorcerer's frost bolt duration upgrade doesn't work whenever we do mass-freeze

thanks

P.S.: thank you jazzi for the load of trust @_@

Madnex
06-09-2015, 09:27 PM
can you add another to your bug list? currently sorcerer's frost bolt duration upgrade doesn't work whenever we do mass-freeze

thanks
Hmm yeah I always thought it was there to prevent mages from completely dominating pve. On mass freeze they're freed on five seconds instead of seven. Adding up.

Wazakesy
06-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Each and every skill has a maximum target number. For example, fireball has 6. Vines not being stunned by fireball is likely a bug though.

ive tested it on one vine mob with a charged fireball. I even respec'd fireball with the stun upgrade. It still did not work. fireball usually hits 3 mobs on average i suppose?

will0
06-09-2015, 09:42 PM
i have to rely on frost to freeze those vines, FB isn't great after all these patch.. may move to gale force stun

Wazakesy
06-09-2015, 10:05 PM
i have to rely on frost to freeze those vines, FB isn't great after all these patch.. may move to gale force stun

that doesnt work as well....tested it.

Madnex
06-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Freezing works. If you know how to use shield and freeze packs, it makes the map much easier, especially on large pulls.

will0
06-17-2015, 06:31 PM
FB Stuns doesn't work well in planar, not sure it is intentional ... after testing many times charged FB.

ilhanna
06-17-2015, 07:29 PM
My go-to mage for T3 suggests that when vines spawn thick and fast to freeze one and clock the other, and finish them off one by one.

will0
06-17-2015, 07:57 PM
yes .. i know about freeze technique, but FB stun is still important for crowd control apart Time Shift

Wazakesy
06-18-2015, 12:58 AM
My go-to mage for T3 suggests that when vines spawn thick and fast to freeze one and clock the other, and finish them off one by one.

yes .. i know about freeze technique, but FB stun is still important for crowd control apart Time Shift

even though i know all of these tricks previously, thanks for telling as well