PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on selling names

Bm4_le60
06-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Ive noticed alot of people selling/buying names recently and i have read the post about how it is not condoned.
But is it allowed? Can you do it without being banned?
I read were it said its at your own risk but it also has a straight up No written so im just kinda confused and would like clariffication Thanks in advance

raxaxic
06-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Anything tied to an account like a name for sale or an account for sale is strictly prohibited. I'm 100 percent sure of this.

Befs
06-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Anything tied to an account like a name for sale or an account for sale is strictly prohibited. I'm 100 percent sure of this.

Actually that is not entirely true... For selling names they recommend you avoid it, and you won't get banned for it unless you're scamming people using it. So as the OP said, it's at your own risk.

Bm4_le60
06-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Ok so as long as you dont scam them its legal and u cant get banned?

raxaxic
06-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh ok..I personally would avoid it..just be careful.

Zeus
06-09-2015, 08:06 PM
You can and people have been banned for name selling. Do so at your own risk.

Serancha
06-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Anything that doesn't fit in the trade window is technically not allowed to be sold. Account sharing/selling/giving will get you banned also. Buying a character name involves too many opportunities for scamming - I would not recommend it.

Bm4_le60
06-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Wow ok thanks so much for the responses like i said was just curious from all the recent posts about selling them

(Omg cant believe zeus commented on my post)

Serancha
06-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Wow ok thanks so much for the responses like i said was just curious from all the recent posts about selling them

(Omg cant believe zeus commented on my post)

You know he's a (pixellated) person, right? Not actually a mythical god.

Arachnophobik
06-09-2015, 09:51 PM
What they dont know wont hurt them :P

Bluebatthing
06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Sorry but I can't help but LOL

I understand that one can easily get scammed selling/buying names, but how can sts know to ban an account that's supposedly sold/bought? They know that a different person is logging in under said account?

Zeus
06-09-2015, 10:51 PM

This...LOL!

Serancha
06-10-2015, 12:45 AM

I understand that one can easily get scammed selling/buying names, but how can sts know to ban an account that's supposedly sold/bought? They know that a different person is logging in under said account?

Big brother is like Santa Claus. He is always watching and knows when you've been bad.

carmine_blade
06-10-2015, 01:06 AM

Advertising names for sale in the traders forum is a dead give away lol.

Maunyabastian
06-10-2015, 01:27 AM
They ban the buyer? Or the seller? Or both? Or no one?

Bluebatthing
06-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Awwwhelllzzznawwww.....but seriously, that's some hardcore big brother shtuff if they know every single move a player made. Yikes!
Big brother is like Santa Claus. He is always watching and knows when you've been bad.

Deathdor
06-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Ive noticed alot of people selling/buying names recently and i have read the post about how it is not condoned.
But is it allowed? Can you do it without being banned?
I read were it said its at your own risk but it also has a straight up No written so im just kinda confused and would like clariffication Thanks in advance

Regarding the Business of Selling Names:
A thread, with the same name, was posted about this a while ago.

Link to thread -
Regarding the Business of Selling Names (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172410-Regarding-the-Business-of-Selling-Names&highlight=scam)

Comic thread link -
Spacetime Chronicles | The Fate of the Account Sharers (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?142151-Spacetime-Chronicles-The-Fate-of-Account-Sharers&highlight=account+sharing)

Hope this clarifies things.
:)

Alhuntrazeck
06-10-2015, 05:12 AM
Many of the "good" names you see around (Sun, Hell, Curse, Fire, Sorceress, Spell, Yes, etc) were originally reserved by a bunch of people (well, mostly one person, but I won't name names). This paid off when a lot of the idle rich had nothing to spend their gold on (pardon the reference to Britain's social hierarchy of a century ago, lol) and wanted nice sounding names.

STS caught on too late though and have learnt their lesson, and now it's advisable to not risk it.

I still don't get why STS released the name of an old legend, Love, but hasn't released some names reserved 3 years ago which are gathering dust waiting for someone to buy them.

Maunyabastian
06-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Mage was unavailable to use as I remember in season 2, it said Mage does not exist. So I added Mage couple months ago, it is a L7 sorcerer.

Ssneakykills
06-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Many of the "good" names you see around (Sun, Hell, Curse, Fire, Sorceress, Spell, Yes, etc) were originally reserved by a bunch of people (well, mostly one person, but I won't name names). This paid off when a lot of the idle rich had nothing to spend their gold on (pardon the reference to Britain's social hierarchy of a century ago, lol) and wanted nice sounding names.

STS caught on too late though and have learnt their lesson, and now it's advisable to not risk it.

I still don't get why STS released the name of an old legend, Love, but hasn't released some names reserved 3 years ago which are gathering dust waiting for someone to buy them.

i know the guy you were talking about and he has sooo many names he sold some but kept most and sun was mine but regretfully.. I well you know what because someone else has it now

Bm4_le60
06-10-2015, 08:10 AM

What are you sure? U dont know that
I reserve my right to believe that zeus is god all hail him

twoxc
06-10-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm looking to buy the name "USELESS" LOL.

Titanium
06-10-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm looking to buy the name "USELESS" LOL.

Try on ebay or something

Arpluvial
06-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Hey guys.

I'm going to go ahead and shut this thread down since this has been covered in another thread.

For full details, please check out the following post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172410-Regarding-the-Business-of-Selling-Names.