PDA

View Full Version : Noob-bear question: Chained Slashes?

Tamino
04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi. I started a bear character yesterday after looking all guides here. I realized that when I fire the Vengeful Slash, the cooldown timer starts also for Super Mega Slash and teh converse (I didn't tried the Crippling, because I put no point in it).

It is really like this? The three slash cannot be fired in a row, but only one at time? Why should I invest skill points in all three if they do almost the same damage? Or it is a glitch of GCD? (all of you experienced bears would already noted and signalled...)

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 10:20 AM
It's not just the slashes, it's GCD.

When you use one skill, all skills have a short cooldown, that's what Global Cooldown means. :)

After trying the skills out since the GCD was implemented, I've noticed that 2 slashes are enough (SMS and Vengeful) to keep on using them. The 3rd slash (Crippling) is barely used since, and it has the longest slash cooldown (6 seconds).

Tamino
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
It should be a bug of CGD on my Galaxy Tab. The effect of GCD on other skills was half a second (less now), while SMS and Vengeful go in cooldown together and remains in that state for about 5 sec, when all other skill are available from long. Later I open a bug note with the video.

Thanks for the answer!

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
It should be a bug of CGD on my Galaxy Tab. The effect of GCD on other skills was half a second (less now), while SMS and Vengeful go in cooldown together and remains in that state for about 5 sec, when all other skill are available from long. Later I open a bug note with the video.

Thanks for the answer!

Oh, in that case that definitely sounds like a bug.

Slashes only do their cooldowns individually, and only the GCD actually makes the rest cooldown for the short period.

Hopefully a dev catches this or someone can help, since I don't use an Android. :p

Mr.Wallace
04-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I just tried it, on a Galaxy Tab too, it looks normal. Maybe the last patch fixed it?

SUPAPRODIGY
04-15-2011, 05:17 PM
i think its a bug

Tamino
04-18-2011, 03:32 AM
I did some experiment, adding also Crippling Slash to the sequence... And I found I mapped SMS twice !!! Thank you for support, it wasn't a noob-bear question, it was actually a noob-epic-fail at all :o

Mr.Wallace
04-18-2011, 03:34 AM
I did some experiment, adding also Crippling Slash to the sequence... And I found I mapped SMS twice !!! Thank you for support, it wasn't a noob-bear question, it was actually a noob-epic-fail at all :o

Wow I didn't know that you can map one spell twice! Now I feel noob...

skavenger216
04-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Some ppl put a spell twice just to not have an empty spot ( most bears don't even have restore, lol)

Mr.Wallace
04-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Some ppl put a spell twice just to not have an empty spot ( most bears don't even have restore, lol)

Well I have a free spot, but I really would like to map rage twice, if I could stack it this way! :-) Just dreaming...