PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.1 Client Update (57184)

asommers
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Jones in Oasis Towne should now correctly complete the "Imprisoned Teasure" quest.
iPhone: The 'My Account' should correctly take you to your account details again.

Apocolypze
04-15-2011, 03:23 PM
been havin a lot of small patches lately

Arterra
04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Mini patches. How adorable.

Pandamoni
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Mini patches. How adorable.

Why did this make me imagine a little miniature pirate I could carry around with me in my pocket? arghhhh

hawkei
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
ikr so cute:o

Rebel
04-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks Devs. I'm glad you are keeping the bed "bugs" from biting. Oh goodness, I crack myself up ;)

darkerelf
04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Gcd is still really glitchy, sometimes I have to press a spell multiple times for it to execute. At the very same time the gcd still execute but no spell is being casted, I just have to tap it various times, it seems to be not very user friendly. My personal opinion still please take away gcd. Have you checked the PL population lately, after patch and its at 1100 people only line now. throughout the day it use to be close to 2000 people but it was at 1500 all day and less too.

Adding my point again if gcd has to stay, please make a SEPARATE ELITE ARENA NON GCD for the devoted pvper who have dedecated countless hours to this game and making the leaderboard where they are today. I get responses about how great the value of gcd and how it should be the way it is. Great, I'm only proposing adding an elite arena with no gcd, yes keep the gcd arena too..

Junside
04-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Updates are going out daily. Hard at work much? :)

Physiologic
04-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm having the same problems as darkerelf. I'll be playing the game just fine and suddenly when I press a skill, it doesn't register as executed (the GCD 'flash' occurs, but the skill is still listed as available and the skill didn't work). I'll try to video this problem somehow. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (Android 2.1).

JaytB
04-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Grats to the devs for tirelessly updating their game :)

Can't walt for the big update on Monday :D

asommers
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
It's generally lots of little patches after a major client or campaign release. Next week will have lots of little patches too! ;)

-ALS

Riccits
04-15-2011, 04:37 PM
finally quest turned in :D thx!

XRAX
04-15-2011, 05:04 PM
So is there still any work being done behind closed doors over GCD :)? Also, should this thread be used for feedback over this issue still?

Suntv
04-15-2011, 05:14 PM
It's generally lots of little patches after a major client or campaign release. Next week will have lots of little patches too! ;)

-ALS

Which means that next week we'll get the client update to fix the join-problem :cool:

/Ontopic:
When I press a skill, it turns from light to grey for about 0.2 seconds. Then it changes back to light, like if you need to press it again. But after like another 0.2 seconds it turns back grey, and executes. Using iPad here.

lilbyrdie
04-15-2011, 05:31 PM

-ALS

:o What do you mean next week? What happened to Saturday and Sunday patches?! o_O

(j/k It's great to see real support, useful updates, and forum engagement from all of you.)

The Real Jira
04-15-2011, 08:11 PM
So is there still any work being done behind closed doors over GCD :)? Also, should this thread be used for feedback over this issue still?

I would like to know this too. (>1800 on again, makes me ill, I want to love this game again!)

The Real Jira
04-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Which means that next week we'll get the client update to fix the join-problem :cool:

/Ontopic:
When I press a skill, it turns from light to grey for about 0.2 seconds. Then it changes back to light, like if you need to press it again. But after like another 0.2 seconds it turns back grey, and executes. Using iPad here.

Same, using iPad 2.

Arterra
04-15-2011, 08:41 PM
It took me a dozen tries to get a drain life out. Sometimes, would be the classic gsc when on but skill not used, sometimes it would simply not register.

Plasticuproject
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Kindread
04-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Adding my point again if gcd has to stay, please make a SEPARATE ELITE ARENA NON GCD for the devoted pvper who have dedecated countless hours to this game and making the leaderboard where they are today. I get responses about how great the value of gcd and how it should be the way it is. Great, I'm only proposing adding an elite arena with no gcd, yes keep the gcd arena too..

Lol. So non-GCD is considered Elite and GCD PvPers are not? That's funny.

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Anyone else noticing the sound problem ( some sounds cutting out after playing a bit) seems to be fixed? I haven't had it happen since the client update. Devs, can you please confirm for me if this was fixed? Oh and I hope you guys are taking the weekend off and enjoying it, you guys deserve it :D. Keep up the great work!

Bagwaan
04-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Hello,
Had a few issues with some skills. I would have both Iron Blood, and Evade buffs up, and I would try to get Rage buff, or Hell Scream to work and they would not. The GCD timer was up, and I would repeatedly push the "LIT-UP" button, and nothing would happen. However, I could still do all slashes, a stomp, taunt, or becon. like the improvements to GCD. You are almost there. One more tweak and it will be just right I am hoping. Please drop us a line about the new sewer set bonuses. Maybe I am retarded, and not just stupid, but I do not see any set bonuses. My int is still 1.
Cheers

Kindread
04-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello,
Had a few issues wil some skills. I would have both Iron Blood, and Evade buffs up, and I would try to get Rage buff, or Hell Scream to work and they would not. The GCD timer was up, and I would repeatedly push the "LIT-UP" button, and nothing would happen. However, I could still do all slashes, a stomp, taunt, or becon. like the improvements to GCD. You are almost there. One more tweak and it will be just right I am hoping. Please drop us a line about the new sewer set bonuses. Maybe I am retarded, and nut just stupid, but I do not see any set bonuses. My int is still 1.
Cheers

Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol. But on a serious note, many people are having the same problem as you. There seems to be some glitch with buffs and debuffs. Or maybe...they tweaked buffs and debuffs and just snuck them in with an update. Sneaky devils...

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.

This made me laugh pretty hard :D sigged

markus
04-16-2011, 02:06 AM
I have noticed to that the skill buttons seem to not press when ready at times. Seen others mention this, is it a known bug?

Treezii
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm have problems with the GCD as it's very glitchy and most of the time it does not register my spells and won't cast them. If you devs are going to force us to play like a three year old and makes us have to wait to use stuff so it's easier on people who have no Idea what they are doing then atleast ake it work properly or you could start making money again and remove GCD!

The Real Jira
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
4th night in a row, prime time north america and only 1800 people online.

The reason I even actively look at this number is because I run a lot of auctions. Since the patches, lack of players = lack of sales. I can also only assume that (1) gold harvesting has been reduced and/or level 51-55 players are a decent concentration of those not playing because (1) my sales have dropped a more than players have declined and (2) I specialize in 51-55 gear.

Kindread
04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Maybe wait til Monday, then do a census count. :)

darkerelf
04-16-2011, 11:03 PM

No its not with gcd..

darkerelf
04-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Again spells not registering, another issue is spells execute but won't higlight, which makes it very confusing.

darkerelf
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Elite, non elite, call which ever one you want. I was just voicing my opinion on adding a non gcd pvp arena aside with the gcd arena. Like I said KEEP GCD ARENA JUST ADD A NON GCD ARENA TOO. If you didn't like elite for non gcd then instead of bashing why not help me out with a name.

Kindread
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
No its not with gcd..

In some ways, pre-GCD, I think, is remedial. We'll just agree to disagree.

Kindread
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Elite, non elite, call which ever one you want. I was just voicing my opinion on adding a non gcd pvp arena aside with the gcd arena. Like I said KEEP GCD ARENA JUST ADD A NON GCD ARENA TOO. If you didn't like elite for non gcd then instead of bashing why not help me out with a name.

I wasn't bashing you. I was pointing out that you, maybe unintentionally, are being condescending to anyone who is willing to give GCD a go. That's all I'm saying.

giayuan
04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Honestly, I dont feel much difference with gcd...

Hullukko
04-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Maybe wait til Monday, then do a census count. :)

True, monday will be interesting, but wait a week then do your census. Players like me who havent been online much since the gcd will be online for monday but not much else. Ive tried this latest gcd enough with main and twinks and if there is no way i will be populating servers after monday barring gcd removal which is starting to be quite unlikely.

skavenger216
04-17-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm really hoping to see the gcd removed from buffs on Monday. Other than that, the gcd timing is perfect now imo. No, there should not be non gcd pvp servers, its here to stay. A lot of people, even ones that HATED the gcd (myself included), are adapting and getting to the point where we don't even notice it. I've been in some groups that have flown through dungeons at near pre-gcd speeds.

I'm NOT trying to attack you in any way darkerelf, I'm just trying to help you realize that, like everyone else is, you are going to have to adapt to the current, and any future, updates that the developers put out. Having played many mmorpgs, I'm no stranger to adapting to major game changes. It sucks, but its just part of the evolution of any growing online game world.

Skyler84
04-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Gcd is still really glitchy, sometimes I have to press a spell multiple times for it to execute. At the very same time the gcd still execute but no spell is being casted, I just have to tap it various times, it seems to be not very user friendly. My personal opinion still please take away gcd. Have you checked the PL population lately, after patch and its at 1100 people only line now. throughout the day it use to be close to 2000 people but it was at 1500 all day and less too.

i generally think that gcd should be removed totally. if gcd is still on, i guess most of my friends will permanently keep away from this game. its not a threat. just that i wish i can play with my friends again.

Treezii
04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
If Gcd is here to stay the adjust the armor accordingly I have a 23 m/s and my mana doesn't move so I ask why is the point of using high grade armor for mages. I even put o. Some level 35 robes that gave me 15 m/s and my mana barely moved. You idea have cause many holes in an otherwise perfect game such as skill lagging horribly, increased difficulty due to potions glitching out on people. Oh yea that happens. Mages are worthless they are wayto squishy now due to the fact that setting up mana shield and heal takes too long. Just fix it Devs you'll make more people come back to the game and that equals more money. Or just make it an option to play with or without Gcd :)

cynic
04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
ill hope they come back because i miss some of them, still 1/3 is missing in my list when im online!

Seminole
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree with alot of people when they say The GCD need be remove. I more then express myself in pvp section as to why, and I feel it issue that Dev need to consider. In end day I respect Dev and decision, I respect game and people in game opinion. Dev I still think you awesome and it be great surprise and relief seein GCD gone in PVP. Alot friend gone now, alot less game which make me sad.

Moogerfooger
04-17-2011, 01:24 PM
You guys can wish all you want for GCD to be removed, but you're wasting your time. I'm not saying I like it either, I liked it better without, but it is here to stay.

vol
04-17-2011, 01:29 PM
You guys can wish all you want for GCD to be removed, but you're wasting your time. I'm not saying I like it either, I liked it better without, but it is here to stay.

People keep saying that, but if enough people voice enough displeasure by leaving the game then GCD will go byebye. I don't think that will happen, but you never know.

Having said that GCD in its current form is better than day one. It *IS* glitchy however. To insure a spell is going to be case, I generally have to tap 2 or 3 times on said skill.

Hullukko
04-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I have to agree with moogerfooger, I'm also quite convinced that it's here to say.

I'm actually hoping that some other mmo developer team might be interested in all this fuss we're having here and would go for the kind of gameplay that would have the speed and feel that would again cater enjoyment to players like me with massive fps background. If I want slow rhythmic thumping I'll just buy roses for my wife.

Kindread
04-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I have to agree with moogerfooger, I'm also quite convinced that it's here to say.

I'm actually hoping that some other mmo developer team might be interested in all this fuss we're having here and would go for the kind of gameplay that would have the speed and feel that would again cater enjoyment to players like me with massive fps background. If I want slow rhythmic thumping I'll just buy roses for my wife.

Problem is is that no one makes a PvP game that allows you to use all your attacks at once. The only games that do aloe you to do that are arcade action games and whatnot. PL is unique in that it allowed us to do that. But it the Devs admitted it was a mistake and that they should hav built the game around PvP and going back now and fixing it is difficult.

Hullukko
04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Problem is is that no one makes a PvP game that allows you to use all your attacks at once. The only games that do aloe you to do that are arcade action games and whatnot. PL is unique in that it allowed us to do that. But it the Devs admitted it was a mistake and that they should hav built the game around PvP and going back now and fixing it is difficult.

I never said anything like that. Sts had a game I liked, the pve in it especially, and I was hoping someone would make a game with like this was. You can't really invoke "no one" a week after they added gcd.

Besides, multipressing could've been fixed by removing multipressing from skills. That wasn't why they added gcd to begin with.

And on what holy mission are you on? I see you countering nearly every anti gcd post here with occasionally, forgive me, not quite to the point arguments.

The Real Jira
04-17-2011, 05:10 PM
A GCD is not the only solution to preventing using multiple skills at once, period.

Further, I thought it was great that STS made PL as an MMO with an arcade feel, multiple skill use or not, -- it's why I played.

I don't understand why some think it's a valid argument to say "other games do this blargy blarg." If innovation were bound by rules of what already existed and what other people did there would be no innovation.

Kindread
04-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not on any holy mission. This has just been a hot topic and I like to discuss and debate things. Also, I just happen to be on the pro-GCD side of things so, of course, that makes me the not so popular guy. I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I love the game, love the Devs and I know that they love the game too so I trust that what they do, they do to better the game and set the foundation for new things in the future.

For some reason, I feel this need to defend PL. Maybe I love this game and the community too much hehe. I hope nobody takes this too personal though. It's just friendly discussion. Really, if it's bothering anyone, I'll stop posting and let y'all agree with each other.

darkerelf
04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I wasn't bashing you. I was pointing out that you, maybe unintentionally, are being condescending to anyone who is willing to give GCD a go. That's all I'm saying.

Ur original quote, is gcd pvp not elite? If u didn't like me labeling it elite next thing you know I'm condescending, wow. Like I said, call it whatever, I was just proposing alternatives to the pvp arenas. A gcd arena (which in the current state is what we have), and adding a non pvp arena (currently what they have taken from us).

I'll be thoughtful of your feeling, gcd its you is elite so what would you call non gcd?

darkerelf
04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh I'm considerate to the 35% who won't log on, and for all the people in the dungeons voicing their opinions about how much gcd is making their game play so enjoyable..

Kindread
04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I'll be thoughtful of your feeling, gcd its you is elite so what would you call non gcd?

I never claimed that GCD PvP is elite. What I was pointing out to you was by you suggesting a new "elite" area for non-GCD PvP, it could appear that you're condescending to people who are ok with GCD.

darkerelf
04-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Lol, I was being sarcastic..

The Real Jira
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Lol, I was being sarcastic..

#1 Only I am allowed to be sarcastic.
#2 I'm not smart enough to know when you're being sarcastic.
#3 It's your job to tell me when you're being sarcastic.

Three simple steps and we'll get along fine!

Echelong
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
So far I got used to the new update and I am loving it, now birds and mages don't need all that mana regen and other specs can be done, like the enchantment gear or been a dex Mage. We had some pretty good runs in the last two days with very good time on runs on every stage.

As for the pvp part I have never pvped to much but it is more enjoyable now. Before it was either multi tap or just use your combo faster than the other person to win. Now it does add more strategy to it and games still end pretty fast.

darkerelf
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
I never claimed that GCD PvP is elite. What I was pointing out to you was by you suggesting a new "elite" area for non-GCD PvP, it could appear that you're condescending to people who are ok with GCD.

My original post, was to add a non gcd pvp arena ontop of the current gcd pvp arena. Adding, not taking away anything, just adding.. tell me how that is condescending?

jrhew
04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
i'm having trouble with some glitches with the recently implemented GCD. some of my skill buttons get stucked, basically i can tap it, but it wont activate, u can just keep tapping on it, and it wont activate for a while. its not due to lag as other skill buttons are working. do you guys see this problem too?

Kindread
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
My original post, was to add a non gcd pvp arena ontop of the current gcd pvp arena. Adding, not taking away anything, just adding.. tell me how that is condescending?

I can keep repeating what I'm saying but it seems you're not understanding the point of what I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with suggesting a separate PvP arena for people who enjoy pre-GCD mechanics. What I'm pointing out is the fact that you called this new area "elite", implying that people who like to play with GCD are gimp in some way and are not elite.

XRAX
04-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I can keep repeating what I'm saying but it seems you're not understanding the point of what I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with suggesting a separate PvP arena for people who enjoy pre-GCD mechanics. What I'm pointing out is the fact that you called this new area "elite", implying that people who like to play with GCD are gimp in some way and are not elite.

Lol, I have read his initial suggestion which I think is very creative in terms of proposing alternative solutions. You are completely putting words in his mouth by accusing him of what you assumed were his implications. Ill tell you what I think he meant by "elite." He meant that this new arena would be for the PvP veterans (and majority of the PvP community) that grew accustomed to and loved the well balanced game play of PvP before.
On that note, I think it is a great idea. Just like how we have "elite dungeons," we can have "elite PvP arenas." And to be honest (coming from the majority of PvPers once again), it was more challenging before than it is now, and would be fitting to label it as such. This is just my opinion.

XRAX
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
i'm having trouble with some glitches with the recently implemented GCD. some of my skill buttons get stucked, basically i can tap it, but it wont activate, u can just keep tapping on it, and it wont activate for a while. its not due to lag as other skill buttons are working. do you guys see this problem too?

Im sure it has been mentioned plenty of times already but Im experiencing the same problem. The skills do not register when tapped. I us an iPhone4.

jaggedlilpill
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Just wondering if I will be able to enjoy playing again...I loved this game, now when I play I want to throw my phone...lol. I haven't seen a reply to the devs about the glitches coming since the updates with GCD. Everytime my skills lag, combos never land bc of such a lag, half the time they aren't registering, can click and nothing. This is frustrating. Im being honest here, my lag is way worse in game since this was implemented. Very choppy gameplay and its not enjoyable at all. We didn't have all these problems before...I wish we could just go back to the way it was. The time isn't such an issue with the GCD now, its fine. Its the glitchiness of it. Skills don't work half the time and when they do they take effect long after the button has pressed.

OrFeAsGr
04-18-2011, 10:33 AM
when is the update sumbitted at android market ???? Will it be???please!!! Let me know