PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, PL, for helping me prove a point!

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
So, I'm in stronghold, and on our first attempt to pull the queen we end up pulling both, a couple ppl die, we let the bosses reset, and res the dead. One player says " thanks for.making me not get a pink", I say, " pinks are random, deaths have no impact on pinks". He responds with " if you die, your pink goes to the next person who doesn't die". I say "wrong. Go to the forums and do some reading, you will realize that pinks are random". He says " I will".

We kill the bosses ( during which I die twice, my mage is an aggro machine lol), and I get a pink! I quickly say " see? And I died twice during the fight". He didn't say anything and left.

Once again, thank you game for helping to prove a point!

Sigkill
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
What was the pink might I ask :D

Bronxajj
04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Lol wow and yea they are random :)

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Nothing good, fury helm iirc, I got a few pinks today :D

Nonetheless, even though it was a pretty worthless pink, I thought it was funny.

JaytB
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
And I heard that nobody gets a pink when everybody wears big luck o.O

skavenger216
04-15-2011, 10:05 PM
And I heard that nobody gets a pink when everybody wears big luck o.O

Another good one I've heard before is " the less people that are in the group, the better your chances of a pink.". Where do people come up with this crap? Lol

goatycoady
04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
actually that last one is true... lets say that there r 5 ppl in a group and a pink drops.... u have a 1 fifth chance. but if there r 2 people then u have a 50 50 chance of getting the pink. but in the end, it does take longer with less people so it might average out.

Arterra
04-15-2011, 10:14 PM
^
except that number of people in group won't affect your personal drop counter so might as well got for full group heheh

Tiliana
04-15-2011, 10:14 PM
If you throw your phone, iPad, etc. at the nearest wall right when you kill a boss, everyone gets pinks and a LVL 70 Vyxnaar Helm of Impossibility!

Sky../
04-15-2011, 10:30 PM
actually that last one is true... lets say that there r 5 ppl in a group and a pink drops.... u have a 1 fifth chance. but if there r 2 people then u have a 50 50 chance of getting the pink. but in the end, it does take longer with less people so it might average out.

Not true. Pink drops are independent for each player. If, let's say it's a 1% chance to drop a pink, no matter how many people you have in your party, it's still 1% chance for each of you.

rocket
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM

That is not correct. Everyone has the same exact chance of getting a pink, approximately 1% or so.

Think of it this way; (I am sure this is not the way it is coded but it makes it easier to understand.)
When the boss dies, everyone rolls a number between 1 and 100. If you roll a 100 and only if you roll a 100, then you will get a pink item. It does not matter what the person before you rolled. It does not matter what the person after you rolls. It does not matter how many people are in the party. It does not matter how many times you died. It does not matter that you may have rolled a 1 ten times in a row.

You get one single roll, same as everyone else and it is completely random. End of story.

Now let's look at it from a group perspective.
Let's say that there is a 2 person party who kills the boss, each person get a single roll for a total of two rolls.
So there is a 2*1% = 2% chance of getting a pink for the ENTIRE GROUP.

A full group of group people, would get 5*1% for each person= 5% chance that the ENTIRE GROUP gets a pink drop.

So, an INDIVIDUAL in the 2 person group has a 50-50 chance of their ENTIRE (smaller) GROUP 2% chance = 1%.
An INDIVIDUAL in the 5 person group has a 1 in 5 chance of their ENTIRE (larger) GROUP 5% chance = 1%.

Now factor in the runtime for a 2 person group versus a 5 person group and it is better to run as a full group, so you can kill more bosses in the same amount of time.

So there is no difference for the individual because each individual gets their own INDEPENDENT chance to roll for a drop.

If someone gets a pink in your group, be happy that they got a good roll and hope that you roll better next time. They did not take anything from you.

davidis57
04-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Fact is a two person group will have a very hard time killing a boss. Drops are too low to even make it worthwhile. I too am amazed of some of the stupid ideas players come up with.

RedRyder
04-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Back in the swamp days, a certain amount of People in a team (I think 3) actually affected the drops in a positive way. That, however, was quickly patched

SUPAPRODIGY
04-16-2011, 12:16 AM
u got lucky lol

Ayrilana
04-16-2011, 12:25 AM
So, I'm in stronghold, and on our first attempt to pull the queen we end up pulling both, a couple ppl die, we let the bosses reset, and res the dead. One player says " thanks for.making me not get a pink", I say, " pinks are random, deaths have no impact on pinks". He responds with " if you die, your pink goes to the next person who doesn't die". I say "wrong. Go to the forums and do some reading, you will realize that pinks are random". He says " I will".

We kill the bosses ( during which I die twice, my mage is an aggro machine lol), and I get a pink! I quickly say " see? And I died twice during the fight". He didn't say anything and left.

Once again, thank you game for helping to prove a point!

Sounds like a twisted version of Final Destination.

Tiliana
04-16-2011, 12:42 AM
So what does it mean if you get a double drop when you kill a boss? I received a green drop and a pink with a single kill.

Physiologic
04-16-2011, 12:58 AM
So what does it mean if you get a double drop when you kill a boss? I received a green drop and a pink with a single kill.

The pink drop was a recipe, which works on a completely different roll than equipment. Every pink recipe drop will also result in an equipment drop.

spookytooth
04-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Xplains why twice ive seen two pinks drop in the same group on the same kill

xiscottix
04-16-2011, 08:32 AM
If you throw your phone, iPad, etc. at the nearest wall right when you kill a boss, everyone gets pinks and a LVL 70 Vyxnaar Helm of Impossibility!

LOL!!!! Its kind of sad no one noticed you said this...