PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer build ideas

Befs
06-11-2015, 08:36 AM
I need a build for running tombs fast and elites in the future. Currently I'm looking at

frost
fire
clock
shield

or

fire
clock
shield
lightning

or

fire
ice
clock
lightning

Which if these is better and what's your best builds.

Also, lightning or frost?
Feel free to pm coolguymage ig

e5c4p3artist
06-11-2015, 09:32 AM
From the choices you gave, I would choose:

frost
fire
clock
shield

I have played around with frost, lightning, clock, and shield quite a bit. Re-specc'd many times. I prefer frost to lightning except for bosses because that freeze really makes a difference. I wouldn't do without Shield again now that I've seen what it does. Clock is a great skill on paper, and it was tough for me to give it up, but in reality it just didn't end up being as effective as other skills.

At this point, I would recommend this combination that you did not list:

frost
fire
lightning
shield

Since you didn't list Heal, I assume you are okay without it and are probably comfortable using pots. If so, that's great, don't take it. But I find it immensely helpful for Mana regen, let alone Health regen. If you were to take it (and this is the way I usually run), I would suggest:

Normally:
frost
fire
shield
heal

For Bosses:
frost
lightning
shield
heal

Befs
06-11-2015, 09:45 AM
From the choices you gave, I would choose:

frost
fire
clock
shield

I have played around with frost, lightning, clock, and shield quite a bit. Re-specc'd many times. I prefer frost to lightning except for bosses because that freeze really makes a difference. I wouldn't do without Shield again now that I've seen what it does. Clock is a great skill on paper, and it was tough for me to give it up, but in reality it just didn't end up being as effective as other skills.

At this point, I would recommend this combination that you did not list:

frost
fire
lightning
shield

Since you didn't list Heal, I assume you are okay without it and are probably comfortable using pots. If so, that's great, don't take it. But I find it immensely helpful for Mana regen, let alone Health regen. If you were to take it (and this is the way I usually run), I would suggest:

Normally:
frost
fire
shield
heal

For Bosses:
frost
lightning
shield
heal

ty for the suggestions. I have decided to use your last build with one exception. I'm replacing heal with clock as I am running tombs currently and it is my (maybe) most effective skill to help clear them. Also I can simply use pots and warriors Horn will do plenty for the hp regen.

Aerodude
06-11-2015, 10:01 AM
The build would be paired with your gear and first of all what's your gear?
If all legendary yea sure you can use heal
If mythic set you should choose fire ice clock shield
If imbued set same with this^^
If myth or imbued set with arcane ring and has a very great amount of health like 4k++ you should go with 4 attack skills which would be great help in killing and if you pot a lot and those 4 would be fire light clock gale I saw this build from someone in planar tombs and I also tried it once in different elites and it works pretty well so the skills depends on gear case better gear you need more attack and I have one thing to say CLOCK IS A MUST HAVE IN ELITE that's all thank you

MysticRob
06-11-2015, 10:20 AM
If you are looking for a good WT4 or KT4 build, I would recommend:

Fire
Frost
Gale
Clock
Lightning

Use clock for mobs, switch out for Lightning on bosses. Gale is tricky, however this build gets you through the tombs much faster, with added risk because there is no shield to save you.

I also find staffs to work better in these tombs, however that might be because of my play style.

GL!

Befs
06-11-2015, 11:48 AM
what's your gear?

For gear, since I only just recently started al, and this is my second character, is whatever drops, and therefore in this case, staffs. Often purple, some legendary.

MysticRob
06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
For gear, since I only just recently started al, and this is my second character, is whatever drops, and therefore in this case, staffs. Often purple, some legendary.

What level are you?

I would not recommend the build I listed before with your gear. It would most likely be better to use something like:

Fire
Ice
Clock
Heal
Lightning

Switching clock for lightning for bosses for leveling. Once you are capped (41) or close to it, you can look at getting rid of heal and using shield instead. The shield strength is based off of your STR. At lower levels I didn't find it as helpful.

Befs
06-11-2015, 02:52 PM
What level are you?

I would not recommend the build I listed before with your gear. It would most likely be better to use something like:

Fire
Ice
Clock
Heal
Lightning

Switching clock for lightning for bosses for leveling. Once you are capped (41) or close to it, you can look at getting rid of heal and using shield instead. The shield strength is based off of your STR. At lower levels I didn't find it as helpful.

ahhhhhhh ok and I'm 13 on my sorc

MysticRob
06-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Ok, check out this post, it's old but it's a good guild for lower levels:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98946-Level-by-Level-Skill-Guide

Kreasadriii
06-17-2015, 08:53 AM
If you chase the fast.
Try my build:
No heal no shield.

use clock, fire, ice, light, and gale force.
passive full of str,dex.int,crit.
if dont like gale, put it on shield or on armor passive.

Surajit Babai Yo
08-14-2015, 02:08 AM
Which skills to add to gale force? All 4? If not pls tell the reason with expiation pls it will be very helpful