View Full Version : Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Upgrade to Level 41

Remiem
06-11-2015, 04:32 PM

Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. ;) This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ An Epic rarity pet companion
+ An Epic rarity armor set and weapon
+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

It will also unlock all checkpoints, including entrance to Garetta.

More details on this to come!

Fiasaria
06-12-2015, 06:07 PM
first give my plat e.e

:D

Anabrad
06-12-2015, 06:10 PM
2nd and wow guess I don't have to lvl up my war to 41 after all

Kingofninjas
06-12-2015, 06:20 PM
I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.

Aprove
06-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Meh...
I think low level PvE gears will be trash in auction, since you can be level 41 instantly and of course its plat exclusive. And it reduces the low level PvE player, so low level PvE players/Non-Plat User now can't enjoy having a full random party (that's level is almost the same as them) in a map.
And, This is unfair for non-plat user, they level hard reaching lv 41 in 3 days or more, while the plat user only takes 1 minute or less.

I do hope the price of it will be high, like 200 or higher, to avoid this.

Xelec94
06-12-2015, 06:41 PM
I think this is not good. because I think the core of the game is up lvling MMOPRG, make a party, hunting, find friend, hunt / lvling with friend. and also the other players take a long time to increase the lvl, this option is also tantamount do not appreciate the efforts of other players who increase their levels

xynm
06-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Cool Remi =)

Haligali
06-12-2015, 07:01 PM
The armor is i think bugged, got 111 armor, cant complete a normal map with it..

Maunyabastian
06-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Well we still don't know the price. 500? 750? 1250?
And also, for some people who have been playing this game for more than 2 years, this is a good decision to make an alt. Remember, you gain experience at L41 more than what you've learned from L1-L40. The 2x XP weekend is not a waste! For hardworking non-plat user, it is worth it. So there are no problems about this!

I wonder about the PvE kills.

gereomanchie
06-12-2015, 08:05 PM
I love you sts

Erebos
06-12-2015, 08:53 PM
pet only avaliable with plats ?

Mesti
06-12-2015, 09:52 PM
For me, seems a little bit unfair because we spend many times and hardwork for lvling until 41. Then suddenly you can be lvl 41 in just a minute. Well plat people can easily do this. How about all of our hardwork effort before? Anyway good job for the new expension. Have a good day all [emoji39]

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Overweightank
06-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Is there a way to get the epic set without quick leveling to 41?

Also; I think that's a REALLY bad idea, because then we'll have TONS of non skilled / really inexperienced players in our pts.. :/

Michael Woolley
06-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Wow time to make a noob rogue.

Wild Crisis of Faith
06-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Remi this is nice but well i need comment that i dont aggre well look we all fight our nerves and time to 41 ...this jus ruins all :/ its nice but still :/ idk will this be good or bad but not right for few of us who fight way to 41 :(

Dex Scene
06-13-2015, 03:14 AM
We will see capped people with no experience in game such as no knoweldege about maps bosses or previous checkpoints

KingMartin
06-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Just wow. Will it be also possible to buy insta kill of boss? Or buy APs? Or maybe buy kills?

Obviously the gap between players that really play the game and those that just buy progress in the game will be brought to another level. Think twice.

Madnex
06-13-2015, 05:52 AM
Guys, chill.

I think this is a good step, as long as the platinum price is reasonable for this. All those inexperienced players will have to go through a ton of XP to level up to 46 and participate in elites. In case you haven't noticed, it's around 6k XP just to get to L42.

The only negative (?) effect will be that PvE gear below L41 will severely drop in price. It's not like there was anything great there anyway though.

Squeezable
06-13-2015, 05:53 AM
I'm sorry STS but I really.. Really hate this idea and I'm sure many others do.

While I'm hugely thankful for everything else, all the new pets, expansion, events, and all your dedication. But this just isn't fair..

Start a survey to see what the majority of people think about this idea, and go on the majority of the votes. Give account holders the choice between 'Like' and 'Dislike' towards the idea of automatically leveling to L41 with platinum. Come on STS, let your player base decide this one.

Leaving on a good note, the expansion server is amazing! Thank you!

Madnex
06-13-2015, 05:57 AM
I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.
This is incorrect. This feature to level to 41 will be added once the level cap will be L46.

Taking away from the gameplay experience? Yes, but that is their choice to make. It will not be costing just 1 platinum either so it will not be easily available to every new player.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 06:53 AM

There is already many ppl in end game without any clue. I did a few random run on test server, no potions usage, mages using heal, rogue charging pierce warrior running away from mobs, i got tired teaching ppl, have written many give etc, idk i cant help more. This feature will be not a huge change.

mark_02_neil
06-13-2015, 07:28 AM

Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. ;) This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

omg. thrill lost.
how about xp kits? other items below 41?
so if we use that. we only need to lvl is 5 more @.@ 41-46??
in that item/kit many achievements will open in easy way..
if that happen ....hm...
i dont like it for short even im a plat user.

mesalin
06-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Fail remi:/ bad idea tho we work hard and then new player can be 41 in second... Lets cap them like we capped by hard work they also can get experience by it and Lol player buy lvl then go new map and don't know what to do it gonna make them confused also huh... Expansion and all is very good i did some runs in server but this idea is just bad ...

I'm so fresh

mark_02_neil
06-13-2015, 07:50 AM

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

we know you need to earn but dont let players to be lazy

jiazataoe
06-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Have plat
No have lock

Laveen
06-13-2015, 08:42 AM
It is optional, you don't actually have to buy it if you don't like it. I think it's a great idea, though.

Hectororius
06-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I dislike you at this moment in time...

(Only cuz I spent the last grinding a rogue to cap and probably spent more gold than the plat this would have cost).

Also speaks to how this could possibly affect the market at lower levels. Probably not a huge impact. È

Xorrior
06-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I like this very much. I hated grinding just to level.

PhoenixPrime
06-13-2015, 09:27 AM
I tend to get a little heavy handed with plat spending at times, but for the life of me, I just don't "get this"...

What is the point of not leveling up and learning the ropes the old fashioned way?

Having a L41 doesn't mean people are going to just fall in love with the game either. I got to use L41 chars (in all classes) on the Valentine Test server, and had a ton of the free plat to boot. It still got boring after a few days (especially since I didn't have any good gear or pets).

At least we have new options for getting the high end mythic and arcane stuff with the expansion, so more than enough good decisions were made to offset the 'Huh?' decisions, 8^)

saiyangodgoku
06-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Nice now I can lvl my rouge

yubaraj
06-13-2015, 10:09 AM
"Every coin has two sides"

This upgrade can be good if new players do not have this option but only the players who already have at least 1 level 41.
So that people do not have to grind same quest and map again again for other character.

Do not make it too cheap so that anyone can buy this upgrade nor make it super expensive. Don't make it plat exclusive please, not everyone can spent real money.

I won't call old level 41 inexperienced player."people are called noob if they have poor damage." If they can spent 100s of plat or 1000s of gold for new level 41, I assume they can buy average gear. Learning curve for new character may be 1 week or 2 weeks for old level 41s. You can party before entering any maps so if u don't want to run with randoms, you have a choice.

However, I am assuming things on certain assumptions. I have a positive feelings towards this upgrade.

STS please don't make a bad decision that players will hate you.

Thank you.

cami
06-13-2015, 10:25 AM
the description says That I will receive gold and nothing O.O

Enterradora
06-13-2015, 12:41 PM
imo this is just useless

Wutzgood
06-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Also; I think that's a REALLY bad idea, because then we'll have TONS of non skilled / really inexperienced players in our pts.. :/

Yeah I just want the epic gear set for my collection. Can we get it without the pack? I'm Already level 41 so no point.

Ravager
06-13-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't mind this. If I make an alt, I want to quickly jump into the game. I prefer the grind to be about the farming and not about the slow process of leveling. I know some of my friends make an alt with the goal of making it to level 41. Then they stop and give up 1/3 of the way. Even during 2xp weekends. On test server, its 1 plat. Hope it stays 1 plat.

Candylicks
06-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Sounds good. Should only be available to accounts that already have a l41 toon on it.

bedmaster
06-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Sounds good. Should only be available to accounts that already have a l41 toon on it.
Berry gud idea :D this way experienced players wont have to grind to make an alt and new players still have to learn before reaching 41.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Ravager
06-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Previous caps were only 2600 per level.

Level 41->42 = 6160 XP
42 -> 43 = 6930 XP
43 -> 44 = 7700 XP

This kit will alleviate the pain of leveling for many including new people. Most people can still learn when they are 41. They aren't entirely doomed. Either they are willing to learn or they are not.

I know many people have thought of this before during down times. What if you decided to quit Arcane Legends and move to a different game. For me, I got discouraged once I thought of trying to "catch up" to everyone else.

This kit helps soothe the pain of a portion of that issue, helps keep players here and helps invite new ones.

Oldguy
06-13-2015, 11:35 PM
This might be ok if you have 2 level 41s on an account already. New folks should really learn the mechanics of the game, along with much other stuff, before your life in a party depends on someone who has played for 10 minutes. Also a bit unfair for those who have worked hard for 2 years or more to get where they are. I suppose the plat cost will be high, and that is the primary reason for this offering. Spacetime has to stay in business after all. If you really want to level fast from scratch, without plat, it takes you can do it in a couple weeks, with maybe the exception of the cap level. But then, I am Oldguy, a fossil who doesn't believe in money for nothing.

Kingofninjas
06-14-2015, 02:59 AM
There is already many ppl in end game without any clue. I did a few random run on test server, no potions usage, mages using heal, rogue charging pierce warrior running away from mobs, i got tired teaching ppl, have written many give etc, idk i cant help more. This feature will be not a huge change.

Yes, but the basic knowledge of game is there right? For example, every rogue I have seen had aimed shot. With this update, we will see some horrendous builds on level 41 players. Also, this will essentially destroy pug runs. I will definitely stop stop running pug runs after that is implemented.

Ulfric
06-14-2015, 03:18 AM
this is just test server people. dont think its real.

Dex Scene
06-14-2015, 04:19 AM
this is just test server people. dont think its real.
Read well mate. This is not for test server.
People get capped level in test server anyway without a need of feature.
This is an announcement of Instant level up to 41 option coming to the game which is live server.

Selmin Sejdovic
06-14-2015, 04:41 AM
Meh...
I think low level PvE gears will be trash in auction, since you can be level 41 instantly and of course its plat exclusive. And it reduces the low level PvE player, so low level PvE players/Non-Plat User now can't enjoy having a full random party (that's level is almost the same as them) in a map.
And, This is unfair for non-plat user, they level hard reaching lv 41 in 3 days or more, while the plat user only takes 1 minute or less.

I do hope the price of it will be high, like 200 or higher, to avoid this.

I totally agree with you
I also think that this should not be in the game, I wasted 2 months to level up my two characters to level 41

Shaytarria
06-14-2015, 05:36 AM
bad move sts.

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 06:21 AM
Limiting auto level to players who have at least one level 41 character would be a great idea. Otherwise there will be even worse pug parties than there are now. Leveling up teaches you the basics that you will need for end game content.

Otherwise we will have mages who don't dodge red zones and heal, Warriors who can't tank and rogues trying to tank. Could get really ugly for pug parties.

Onepiedead
06-14-2015, 06:29 AM
Great idea!

extrapayah
06-14-2015, 08:42 AM
any way to quickly level other pets?

or any news on shared pet stable? :D

thanks

Tindirin
06-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Lv41 will full of dummy users in Ctf/Tdm

Pandaxxo
06-14-2015, 10:19 AM
I agree with some of the opinions here. It's a good idea to have instant upgrade to Level 41. But make it available only for those who already have a capped character in their account.

Justno
06-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Mwahaha
If price is low enough I cud just buy plat, create loads of rogues, insta-level, new pet, and just share gear and farm expansion and events >:) thank u sts lol

Oezheasate
06-14-2015, 10:56 AM
I have to say sts, most of the time you do a relatively decent job, the op rogues being one of the few thorns in our feet, but please please restrict the instant levelling option to players who already have a lvl 41 character. If you dont i will definitely stop running with random people and trying to help them as i will run the risk of wasting my time with people who have no real knowledge of even the most obvious basics in this game. Warriors will try to be the damage dealer, rogues will attempt to perform crowd control and mages will try to tank. Please STS this has never been the way, to play at endgame you need to deserve it and not buy it.

Serancha
06-14-2015, 11:17 AM

Totally agree. This is a game-breaker. -1000

Now we'll have expedition camp packed with beggars. A full set of epic gear? Really?

Befs
06-14-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm really disappointed in this announcement, people will go up there with no gear or money and their parties will get slaughtered, especially after I've been hearing about how hard the 3rd boss is. Also for all the people who worked hard to get their level, + now the double xp week only helps f2p players.

I'm also mainly complaining bc I have no 41's and also don't buy plat.

mark_02_neil
06-14-2015, 07:20 PM
because of that.. the arcane legends is like a private server..
also compare-able to a "cheat" yes. "cheat" .. the only difference is you need to pay..

thekragle
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
I gotta say I am on the fence with this decision. But if you are going to let us upgrade to 41 with plat, yes, I absolutely believe you should already have a character at level 41. Otherwise it just feels wrong. Just my two cents...

Jazzi
06-15-2015, 02:45 AM

You are right about the people who have no clue even right now, even though they went all the way from 40 to 41. I don't do more than 3-5 PUGs per week. The only reason for that is that I found some of my friends like that (back in the day when we all had bad gear and were doing elite wilds runs in 15+ minutes). Unfortunately in PUGs in planar tombs chances are 2 out of 4 players will have the wrong build and/or no skill at all. The worst thing is that all those come from the 10 guilds. Now imagine what the situation is in the guilds which are not even on the lb.

And last but not least when a player is full mythic and has an arcane pet she/he is most likely not susceptible of any kind of advice/change/improvement. I used to tell rogues not to charge piercer or that SSS is not the best skill, but not any more ;)

jarsofklym
06-15-2015, 03:42 AM
oh skip lvl41 like magic this good for practical that does'nt want from hassle run in wt4 :) an paying xp super boost :)

Jason Frigillana
06-15-2015, 06:48 AM
I suggest, only player who has lvl 41 in his character slot can buy a lvl 41 character

Jiarijiba
06-15-2015, 07:09 AM
It will be interesting to see how this will effect the game play and the online community. At least there will be much demand for the lvl 41 gear.

Also it explains why the first new expansion maps are pretty easy.

Candylicks
06-15-2015, 08:19 AM

This is soooooooooooo true. The problem is that people are forced to level in WT/KT because the mob density is so low in actual maps so they aren't really able to grasp the class mechanics until they cap anyways. Having a pay system to power level really is not a game changer what so ever. Again, I would like to see it only available to accounts with a l41 on it as everyone should experience the joys of the game at least once.

notfaded1
06-15-2015, 10:27 AM
This is soooooooooooo true. The problem is that people are forced to level in WT/KT because the mob density is so low in actual maps so they aren't really able to grasp the class mechanics until they cap anyways. Having a pay system to power level really is not a game changer what so ever. Again, I would like to see it only available to accounts with a l41 on it as everyone should experience the joys of the game at least once.
Yes you really should have at least one L41 first I think.

johnsr
06-15-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that experienced players will no longer ever PUG after this. Can you imagine Running with Level 41's and an inexperienced player tells a mage "Mana".... I personally believe this takes the fun out of the game but that is just my opinion.

johnsr
06-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Candy and Fade you are so right it hurts!

Twinisland
06-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Instead of introducing a auto lv make dungeon harder for ALL players make elites scale to your gear so full mythic rouges can't solo it like in tindrin I can't even get a full party of pinks because all the do is complain about it being to hard and that they are undergeared but the maps are easy all people did in the beta test was merch like they always do and become geared and act like a top player not run the maps like they was supposed to do there excuse was that it's too hard and it's boring being undergeared but I'm full pink and the maps where easy the only problem I hard was last boss and I liked it being hard but the only thing hard about it was reflection

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Xxdisarrayxx
06-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes , I agree completely .

Edward Coug
06-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Instead of introducing a auto lv make dungeon harder for ALL players make elites scale to your gear so full mythic rouges can't solo it like in tindrin I can't even get a full party of pinks because all the do is complain about it being to hard and that they are undergeared but the maps are easy all people did in the beta test was merch like they always do and become geared and act like a top player not run the maps like they was supposed to do there excuse was that it's too hard and it's boring being undergeared but I'm full pink and the maps where easy the only problem I hard was last boss and I liked it being hard but the only thing hard about it was reflection

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Scaling to gear is a horrible idea. Please do not implement this. It would make getting better gear pointless. This has been discussed at length before.

Ardbeg
06-15-2015, 03:01 PM
while i am really not a fan of this plat-leveling (and fully support candy and fade) i don t think it will have much impact on guilds. we already have tons of leechers and tourists everywhere. every self respecting pve guild already has a door policy to deal with that, and plat leveling does not give you aps you can control on first sight.
for pugs on the other hand it s horrible (but thats nothing new for pugs too...)

Corey MF Taylor
06-15-2015, 03:02 PM
omfg!!
personally, i didnt agree with this think. we have attempted to leveling our toons to the highest levels from season to season. and its not easy to leveling up !!
in other side.. if this announcement thread was Final. i think better make it allowed us to chose what levels we wanna upgrade from 2-41.
for ex : i want to play level 36 pvp. then buy the kit , open it & chose levels.
PS : make it cost with 250 plats.

-CMFT

Luciano Lobo
06-15-2015, 03:21 PM
I completely agree with this :-) it's a really great option for your alts that take you 2 long to lvl up. Nice option ;-)

Learafica
06-15-2015, 04:52 PM
wooooow we will see new gears

rustygun
06-15-2015, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=mark_02_neil;2186560]we know you need to earn but dont let players to be lazy[/QUOTe

I cant say I know what Gamers real life obligations and responsibilities are but lots have jobs and kids more than one toons like myself I have to be exact three lvl 41 and one lvl 10 I've been there dont that on those maps this option could be benificial to me and others with similar real life responaibilities which only allow little time to be online.
Remi all possible options is good I would also like the option to cap pets super beast speed...l want it soooooo fast that just thinking about caping a pet BOOM!!!! already done :))

Dalmony
06-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Its important that new players keep the game installed and continue to log in and play.

I think that unfortunately, the percentage of brand new players who start playing only to get bored when they reach level 20 and quit is probably, unfortunately, quite high.

This option gives sts a chance to keep the players who are most likely to turn into paying customers. Making it only available to people with toons already would defeat the Entire Point...

Also - the boost only Takes them to 41.... the players will still have to level 41 through 46 which will be more than enough time to learn the ropes of gameplay.

I imagine very few people currently join at level 1 and then slowly level through the game to 41 making equally as new friends along the way and forming skills friendship and memories. That's what happens what you level to 41 in 5 level increments over the course of 3 years, stopping along the way to play various sets of elite bosses. Its not what happens when you join and the cap is already 46 and you just have to grind all the way there in tombs.

OdenTheJust
06-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Cheap shot
Too bad

SamTheDog
06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Yawn***stretch***rubs eyes...what's this? A way to play new content without slogging thru the mines? This might be worth playing again after 6 months. But no, it's still the same tired game mechanics and warriors are still second class citizens...this groundhog is going back onto hibernation.*******snore****

SacredKnight
06-15-2015, 11:14 PM

Maybe it will be altered for players who have been playing AL for a specific amount of time or already have a level 40 character? Besides, it's not like new players will immediately have enough platinum to do this anyway.
Mmm, I would love to get in a heated debate about this but I'm too lazy xD
I kind of agree with you and your outline issues but you understand that it's level 41 they're going to and that there probably will be a new level cap as well coming out eventually but it's level 41 that they've been given to so they aren't desperately out of level for the dungeons.
Also might I add what about the twinks? They might decide that they want a twinking char to level 41 to be their main or another other play for that fact who wants to get another toon to a reasonable level without worthless grinding of XP.

affy as
06-16-2015, 04:52 AM
totally disagree with this. I hope sts will reverse this process and be considerable. to whom thinks this process is a bad idea. im with you. sorry but, its totally unfair, double ep is enough for me.

Earlingstad
06-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Most players grind boring watchers tomb to level up (some might not) and this insta-leveling up is a good idea. It is welcoming for new players and encourages players to try endgame. Hope it stays 1 plat. This should be implemented without any changes. If this update makes us see horrendous builds on lvl 41 players, we will also see more 41 players and we can always teach the new what we know and share our builds or direct them here to the forums for tutorials and guides. I dont see why anyone should have a problem with this except that "we leveled up after a lot of grinding, so should you" attitude.

mesalin
06-16-2015, 09:28 AM
1. Allow auto leveling after completing some quests. Let's not forget RPG =quests and stuff

2. Keep the price for auto level high enough for the plat user to think twice before using the plat. Otherwise he's going to have 6 max level characters.

3. Add something worth doing when leveling up. Quests in tombs, maps with something rare like a planar recipe drop(not as OP but worth enough to be 500k-1m in auc). Dragkin teeth in tindirin is nice but we all know what happens when life is a boring grind to collect 150 items for 1 item. Jez jez people use macros. Macros r ugly for the game economy(I despice them. Sorry to all macro users, nothing against you. Just my personal opinion how you aren't enjoying the game if you are resorting to macros).

4. Instead of giving gold payouts for leveling up, add payouts for completing quests. Or just increase the amount in some of the quests. 250g seriously? Tell me what you can buy with that? Oo right a splintered stick.

5. Dont listen to the auto level haters, not everyone wants to grind something that adds no fun to gameplay and has nothing to teach after your 10th run
+1 n more to this!

I'm so fresh

Nathan Veyrand
06-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey thats cool but we can up to lvl 41 with 1 plat in the next evolv of the game

Samaeldavisjr
06-16-2015, 11:36 AM
AWESOME STG!! You just gave all of the Warriors in game an easier way to dump their current/useless chars and pick up a DPS toon!! Bye bye Wars! :P

notfaded1
06-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Maybe add some macro detection code too... it seems detecting same combination of commands wouldn't be that hard to discover???

Perhaps could even make the code call out the user to type in some random word to prove they are human too??? Just thinking out loud here.

Trojan2100
06-16-2015, 12:19 PM
This is the reason they took away free plat level 2-10 ?

Trojan2100
06-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Its important that new players keep the game installed and continue to log in and play.

I think that unfortunately, the percentage of brand new players who start playing only to get bored when they reach level 20 and quit is probably, unfortunately, quite high.

This option gives sts a chance to keep the players who are most likely to turn into paying customers. Making it only available to people with toons already would defeat the Entire Point...

Also - the boost only Takes them to 41.... the players will still have to level 41 through 46 which will be more than enough time to learn the ropes of gameplay.

I imagine very few people currently join at level 1 and then slowly level through the game to 41 making equally as new friends along the way and forming skills friendship and memories. That's what happens what you level to 41 in 5 level increments over the course of 3 years, stopping along the way to play various sets of elite bosses. Its not what happens when you join and the cap is already 46 and you just have to grind all the way there in tombs.

In glad someone besides me understand what Sts is doing .

konafez
06-16-2015, 12:34 PM
I see large groups of lvl 41 players standing in camp begging for gold/gear/eggs in our future ....

cami
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Like the idea

crudmudgeon
06-16-2015, 08:19 PM

I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment. I pug-partied arena a lot of today and found a whole lot of people who were NOT ready for the difficulty. They came without ankhs and generally ruined my typically jovial mood. The saying "Practice Makes Perfect" is surprisingly prudent in this instance. You only get better by trying and failing over and over; and free players only make money for endgame equip by farming some money and merching when you can. If everyone quick-levels there will be a run on good gear and no-one wil have any money hoarded... this is a terrible idea.

crudmudgeon
06-16-2015, 08:35 PM

I just used the 2x XP to create a lv31 pvp char destined to inherit all the para gem items from my capped mage... even with 2x XP AND 50% elixer AND abaddon AND adventurer kit this was days of work and a few dozen plat...

I saw it suggested that we may be able to select a level we would like to fast-track to... I suppose that would be alright since PVP lvls will likely still be popular for the sport of particular challenges; and most PVP players are plat-heavy/rich already and well experienced with at least one capped char.

My support for the idea on the merits of facilitating the creation multiple PVP characters is MASSIVELY outweighed by my distaste for a formidable swarm of ill-equipped, inexperienced players begging you to carry them through Arena and Planar Tombs so that they get APs...

Endroids
06-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Agreed 100%

Soulic
06-16-2015, 09:58 PM
I think this is a Bad Idea what about the people who work their butt off ,grinding wt4 and km3 just to make it to lvl 41 now anybody with money can just surpassed them with Plat #facepalm

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Wvait
06-17-2015, 01:51 AM
Are we need energy for new event ?

Ign Wvant

Turbobasher
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry STS but I really.. Really hate this idea and I'm sure many others do.

While I'm hugely thankful for everything else, all the new pets, expansion, events, and all your dedication. But this just isn't fair..

Start a survey to see what the majority of people think about this idea, and go on the majority of the votes. Give account holders the choice between 'Like' and 'Dislike' towards the idea of automatically leveling to L41 with platinum. Come on STS, let your player base decide this one.

Leaving on a good note, the expansion server is amazing! Thank you!

i agree... everyone before this worked rly had to get to 41 n now u can do it in a minute....this will also make the pvp lb unstable because there will be many ppl with no skill.... And finding a pt for a hard dungeon.....ppl that use plat to get to 41 will have a hard time finding a pt.

plz think abt this maybe make it available for a week before the expansion and close it when u release the expansion so this way some ppl can make alts and not worry about lvling them and this wont affect the lb as much :)

Oh and the rest of the expansion is great :)

PhoenixPrime
06-18-2015, 03:38 PM

Maybe the boost should be an option that they can purchase after hitting Level 10 or 15? Those levels are easy enough to get to, and at least get you familiar with the basics of the game. This way they pay to avoid the time grinding all the 'boring' middle levels?

Plus at least by that time, people will know if they want to continue playing the game and feel more confident about plunking down their cash anyway, 8^).

extrapayah
06-20-2015, 05:47 AM
i say go for it... people who are new has a lot difficulty chasing up... with the game scalling system and how elite maps works, there are no incentive for old players to help new players levelling up...

right now i guess old regular maps is so empty that make newer player harder to play, and it is not like many guild accept non capped player to help him level up, unlock levels, teach how to kill old bosses, etc...

and you, devs, don't seem to help new players like most game which has expansions, e.g. reduced xp needed in low level by each expansion, reduce difficulty of old maps, etc.

wonders why many disagree... it won't harm them anyway, or maybe they afraid losing some new players to scam? lol,

thank you

ceason
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
I worked hard to get to level lvl 41 now your making it easy for the ones who are not to get there. This is not fair. If anything give it only to lvl 40 people and let the rest level or they can just purchase the gear. Do something like you did with the lion pet.

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

More details on this to come![/QUOTE]

Lovedarkangel
06-22-2015, 05:53 PM

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

Hi!!, Remiem so for the advancing to level 41 automatically, how much will it cost in platinum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

LordDravek
06-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Im still baffled by this move. Some people spend a lot of time and money and effort getting to 41. I just don't see the justification, plus STS will be losing a ton of financial gain from Plat purchases for levelling, lixers, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Edward Coug
06-22-2015, 07:09 PM
I worked hard to get to level lvl 41 now your making it easy for the ones who are not to get there. This is not fair. If anything give it only to lvl 40 people and let the rest level or they can just purchase the gear. Do something like you did with the lion pet.

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
+ 3 Respec Scrolls
+ 10 Ankhs

More details on this to come![/QUOTE]

So you leveled up three characters to 41? I'm guessing not.

I just don't get all the uproar over the skip to lv 41 plat purchase. Personally, I hate the grind of leveling up because you don't get anything out of it. Playing Kraag Tombs over and over again does not prepare you for elite content.

I plan to take advantage of the offer and level up my mage.

Dalmony
06-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Maybe the boost should be an option that they can purchase after hitting Level 10 or 15? Those levels are easy enough to get to, and at least get you familiar with the basics of the game. This way they pay to avoid the time grinding all the 'boring' middle levels?

Plus at least by that time, people will know if they want to continue playing the game and feel more confident about plunking down their cash anyway, 8^).

This is probably wise... the first 10 or so levels are super quick like half an hour, and all of the tutorial content is found in the first run through from windmoore to outpost, so it makes sense to get players through that before offering them the upgrade :) You are definitely right that people will feel more confident investing cash after a short run through of some gameplay!

Trojan2100
06-22-2015, 10:05 PM
It's going to happen whether you like or not,
Stop complaining go with the flow.

Culture
06-22-2015, 10:08 PM
So when is the release for expansion ...?!!

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

geromearchie
06-23-2015, 06:20 PM
not good non-experienced players will make us die in pvp -.-

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

Iamsenpi
06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
... Can I get the pet on my already level 41._.. Or can u de level me so I can re level lol just so I can level up cus I want the pet ._.

foudizzle
06-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Cannot be real... Would be a big middle finger to anyone that put in the time, effort and platinum (via xp packs) to anyone who bothered to invest in this game. No MMORPG would survive without the basic tenant that it takes some time to get somewhere

I'm really wondering what the point of this game is...

Arvada
06-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes this is what I was gonna say

Mavex
06-25-2015, 11:27 PM
This is the worst idea ever. Its like we all start out at lvl 1 again and the cap is
lvl 6. Sts is making this game not worth playing by not fixing the character probs and by incorporating this BS

ryuba
06-26-2015, 02:16 AM
At the end, we must have a respect for old player STS dont make old senior player without plat out.

Bidiel
06-26-2015, 05:05 PM
:/ that have many negative and positive effects

BabVna
06-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Boosting exp may be good idea may be to 50% elix to 100%. Without playing basic maps and enjoying all quests would be spoiling feel on game.

Rara
06-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Hmm it's has pros and cons.

rustygun
02-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Ok guys lvl 56 cap is Around the corner, can you imagine lvling a pet from lvl 1 to 56? @@ my brain already hurting thinking about it I don't see problem with different options lvling pets.. I'd honestly even prefer when I open egg it open the lvl I'm at... Example if I'm 56 and I open egg its automatically 56..

tomsawer
02-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Ok guys lvl 56 cap is Around the corner, can you imagine lvling a pet from lvl 1 to 56? @@ my brain already hurting thinking about it I don't see problem with different options lvling pets.. I'd honestly even prefer when I open egg it open the lvl I'm at... Example if I'm 56 and I open egg its automatically 56..
Maybe an option pay plat for it,but imo I like having to level my pets to max gives me satisfaction when I do.

nscherer37
02-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Anybody knows when expansion comes?

Enviado de meu SM-J700M usando Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
02-10-2016, 02:40 PM
People either Don't read the title...

or don't read the comments.

Dude, the expansion is already out and they are releasing the level 56 expansion on spring 2016.

Arasea
02-20-2016, 05:20 PM
I need 10 posts...