PDA

View Full Version : L20 Tank Mage Pls

BossChief
06-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Need Build, stats, gears and ring for L20 tank mage pls :D

AppleNoob
06-12-2015, 12:25 AM
Quoted from Vert.
Despite what anyone says, use 6 bov 6 light 6 heal 1 frost.
you cant get nuked, you outmana everything, (I) cant tank 2 lvl15s & beat a few 22-25s. Just learn to how to use it.

For my mage, I personally used conqueror's set and would switch to regen when I got low mana.

My build was 5 heal 6 light 6 blessing of vitality 1 ice 1 fire.

I used 37 int and rest str but you can just as easily use 22 int and rest str.

You will need someone else's opinion on rings for I never used them due to the general opness of the class.

JTZ
06-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Any build with 6 light and high bov/heal will work. Use 37 int for the 3 regen ring since str rings are bad. Guru's helmet from the rhino pack gives the best regen without losing much besides 1 armor or so. Buy the rhino 3 pack for hammer set and the bear 4 pack for sword set. With the right gear you can hold a steady 6-7 m/s.

Etarbitrev
06-16-2015, 07:50 AM
Sadly str rings are underrated. 81 str 22 int is easily enough with my 6661 build, not using fire conserves the mana lost through 81 str instead of 37 int + ring.
81 str gives 3+ more armor than if you had 37 int, that said, skills range from 3-11 dmg improvement & a little bit of crit & hit.
however, tank rules over everything at 20 imo. A 20 tank mage with my build can sustain vs a 6 cb lvl20 forg bear, as proven by me against diablo's 20.

i have done a lot of testing on this & mainly due to the sheer fact of tank capabilities 81 str + 6661 gives the best results when used properly - not to mention its a hell of a lot easier to use.

Budapest
06-28-2015, 09:34 AM
Sadly str rings are underrated. 81 str 22 int is easily enough with my 6661 build, not using fire conserves the mana lost through 81 str instead of 37 int + ring.
81 str gives 3+ more armor than if you had 37 int, that said, skills range from 3-11 dmg improvement & a little bit of crit & hit.
however, tank rules over everything at 20 imo. A 20 tank mage with my build can sustain vs a 6 cb lvl20 forg bear, as proven by me against diablo's 20.

i have done a lot of testing on this & mainly due to the sheer fact of tank capabilities 81 str + 6661 gives the best results when used properly - not to mention its a hell of a lot easier to use.

Less Healing Power = Less Tanking Power, and not to mention the Less Mana Regen, all which are crucial to Mages in general. You won't only be 1v1ing, so you have to take team matches into consideration with your build as well. It can be amazing in 1v1s, but when it comes down to 5v5/3v3, what then? I'm quite sure team matches are more common than 1v1s, and I'm also quite sure that build cannot tank through 2+, Lv.20+ Bears/Mages/Rhinos/Foxes/Birds packing weapons with decent damage.

37 Int > 22 Int

Budapest
06-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Since I don't like being generic, I made a silly build. This was mainly for a Dex Mage I made for fun a while back, but I'm sure it can work into an Str setting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Bov 3 Heal 6 Drain 1 Frostbite 3 Firestorm (Better know how to kite)

37 INT, rest STR

Dark Elf Face/Orcish Elf Face

Guru Helm
Paw
Legend Hammer
Legend Sword
Legend Armor
Alchemist Robes
Legend Shield

3 MS, etc. STR Ring
2 Hit, 20 HP, 4 DMG STR Ring

P.Hat/Founders (or any simple +1 arm vanity helm, somewhat makes a difference)