PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to Become a Merchant!

Maunyabastian
06-12-2015, 01:12 AM
First, let me introduce myself. I’m a L10 warrior who have been playing this game since around Season 2, and been an inactive player since Samael visited the stable. Some of you may ask, how could I survive the struggle of being a L10 warrior without any main character (capped)? I got 2 answers here, farm events and merch. With that being said, let’s start off with the definition of merch. Merch is a term of being a smart economy human; meaning? You buy things at low price, and sell them higher than before! One thing that a mercher always appreciates is, even if it’s only a 1,000 gold benefit, it still means much.

Step-by-step to become a new merchant:
Before you follow these steps, it is only recommended for capped characters to merch because you can earn gold easier with that.
1. Earn some gold first.
There is no merchant who started from the top, we all start from the bottom. If you don’t have any clue about getting some gold, check out these awesome threads:
avikk: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237247-Guide-how-to-get-quot-rich-quot-on-AL-via-farming!
XbladenunterX: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173419-Guide-How-to-earn-gold-earning-method!!

2. Always visit these towns: Traveler’s Outpost and Great City of Kraag.
If you’re lucky enough, you can find some people selling items with low prices, especially for some new players. Look, this is not a scam! STS won’t ban you for tricking these new players, but if you're care for them just don’t do it much. I mean, soon enough you will have enough gold to merch via auction (consignment store).

3. Spend at least 35% of your time to check every item’s prices on auction (consignment store).
No, you don’t have to check them all, but at least you know the lowest prices of almost every vital items. Like at L41, expedition-themed weapons are important. At L17-L23, many people buy legendary items under 15k. So if you, for example, see an item with 3k price, and the 2nd cheapest one is 7k, immediately buy it and sell for 5555. It often gets sold within 1 day.

4. Be careful to sell your items via general chat.
Most people will tend to check prices on auction first. If you sell an item with the exact same price with the cheapest one on auction, they won’t buy, and lure other players to do the same thing. The best way is to sell it via PM or if you’re lucky enough in Traveler’s Outpost/Great City of Kraag's general chat.

5. Save items before you sell them
You have to be patient in order to sell items. Exception for some eggs, because I can't predict their prices. But vanities, crafting materials, and weapons often get themselves at unstable prices. For example, Parachelsus Stone Gems was "underpriced", but now with its rarity, they become more and more expensive. Events' eggs never get old! They always increase. Dovabear, Blinky, and Yowie are three of many more examples.

So these are 5 steps to become a new merchant. If you have any question, just PM me. If you have any other tips, comment below.
Lastly, merch away! :excitement:

Zoantrophy
06-12-2015, 01:23 AM
[Merchant]
List two items on auction at the same time.

Ladysophie
06-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Hoarding eggs is not a good business anymore XD

epicrrr
06-12-2015, 04:39 AM
I used to be in the vanity trade, that market crashed then move to egg trade mostly mythic some arcane, not so much profitable now. Now only major events fatten up my stash and occassional legendary item trade on low lvl bracket. (Low level pink items provided they are mainstream *dev lurid ice scale* will always sell).

Doing elite could work idk havent tried it, maybe a 30min boss hunt is not for me.

All merchant guide in a few words.

"Buy low, Sell high"