PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone's alt surpassed their main?

RueMorgue
04-16-2011, 08:58 AM
My main is a lvl 55 warrior and once I started to grind to 56 I got bored, so I started leveling my alt (lvl 30 at the time) archer Furyfeathers. Now, I love my archer waaay more and have found that I'm just better as an archer than a warrior. I don't want to abandon my bear cuz its my first love and have so much time invested into it, but I find myself liking my bird so much more that it's surpassed my bear in almost every way. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Tempest
04-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes this has happened to me. My first char was originally an archer, but when he got to 35, i got bored and made a mage, who went straight to 50. But im too lazy to lvl them to 55/56. Maybe when i get my MM.

razerfingers
i have it happened i got a lvl 55 int mage and i got bored on the journey to 56 picked up on my two alts a lvl 22 bear now lvl 46 and my lvl 35 bird and i amm wayyyyy better with a bear than a mage hahaha

Ellyidol
Not at this cap, always been bear, but my bird was my first ever character and all the way to 45, then 50. :)

razerfingers
04-16-2011, 09:20 AM
i got like 9 characters some are for most deaths in pve most kills in pvp and most deaths in pve and most deaths in pvp those are all my low lvl screw around messed up twinks hahaha

RedRyder
04-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Happens to all of us at one point or another lol. It happened with cap was 50 with my main being a Mage. I finally got my bird to 50 and just dropped my main altogether. I loved playing the bird, breaking OL's armor, killing everything fast; it was so wonderful. When BS came out, I even had a hard choice with either leveling my main or my alt first. Eventually I desided with my Mage (as you can see with my sig lol) but I've since bought a 55 RR set for my bird for when the time comes :) they're like twins now; can't love one more than the other.

Like it broke my heart when I had to sell all my void to afford mega Mage gear, and now that we can redo the mystery quests, I've been working really hard at the quests for my bird :)

Nightarcher
04-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Back about a month after the release of PL, I created my first character: Nightarcher. I did take a few extended breaks from the game, but he is, to this day, the character I use the most.

Around AO2 I leveled a Mage up to 45 and used him as a pally for awhile, but at the 50 cap I didn't like it as much. I pretty much gave up on this.

In AO2, "The Golden Age of Bears," I got my tank to 45 and did tons of farming with him. I loved him. I also used him for some farming in AO3, and he's currently lv55. But I still don't put as much time into him as my birdie. :)

KingFu
04-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Definitely. If it isn't a 35 twink, its a 20 twink, if it isn't a 20 twink, it's an alt I'm leveling. At the moment, my main has all of my attention. There was a time that I even got attached to my mule more so. Its because, as I'm sure you know, you get tired of your main and need a break, like a mother with kids. Once you get bored of archer, or miss your bear, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Take it from someone who's gone through that countless times:p

lilbyrdie
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
My alt hasn't surpassed my main in level -- yet -- but in recent play time, definitely. Main- mage. Alt- bird. Other alt of bear is... how should I put it... tediously slow and boring. Not enough folks in the middle areas to get decent groups going and I'd rather not just power level it; that's not necessarily fun either.

The fast damage of the bird and ability to solo bosses in a reasonable amount of time just makes the bird that much more fun right now. And leveling every few runs it's much more entertaining and engaging than the grind to 55/56. :)

RedRyder
04-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I miss my bird, hence why I've been doing all the mystery quests on my main lol. I at 400/500 aliens and almost 10 I think pages from anubis. Can't wait to be able to level my bird :')

Arterra
04-16-2011, 10:43 AM
I can't imagine playing anything for extended periods of time other than my main Mage. I simply cannot. I once had a fad with birds, enough to get one to 50, but I liked aoe and healing too much. Still do.
And forget about bear... Got one at around 20 and find it difficult to open him at all. Meh.

Zojak
04-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Hasn't happened to me quite yet. I've just hit 50 on my mage, and might take a few days to mess around on my tank or archer, hopefully i don't get too sucked into them :D

Zux
04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Many, many, many times...did I mention many???

RedRyder
04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I can't imagine playing anything for extended periods of time other than my main Mage. I simply cannot. I once had a fad with birds, enough to get one to 50, but I liked aoe and healing too much. Still do.
And forget about bear... Got one at around 20 and find it difficult to open him at all. Meh.

I found myself trying to rev and heal when I was on my bird lol. Took A LOT of getting used to. Don't even get me started with bears lol. Farthest I got mine was 28 before giving up. I got 250+ pvp kills and like 40 deaths with him tho :)

skavenger216
04-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Even though my mages play time has surpassed my bear recently, I still consider my bear my main. I'm just way better at playing bear than I am playing mage.

Corpser
04-16-2011, 06:19 PM
my bear was the first charecter i called him sinjer. once i got him to lvl 22 i deleted him and made an enchantress now i have my bear called royalbrawler and i love playing him.

Otukura
04-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Mine, always loved my bird, got to 55 first with it. Then after using my mage in sewers and not getting one hit killed by those grate, I switched to it.

CanonicalKoi
04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
My main is a lvl 55 warrior and once I started to grind to 56 I got bored, so I started leveling my alt (lvl 30 at the time) archer Furyfeathers. Now, I love my archer waaay more and have found that I'm just better as an archer than a warrior. I don't want to abandon my bear cuz its my first love and have so much time invested into it, but I find myself liking my bird so much more that it's surpassed my bear in almost every way. Anyone else have this happen to them?

No, no. You just have more than one main. ;) Yes, my first char was a mage--got to 50 then AO3 pre-nerf occurred and I switched to bear. Got the bear to 50 and made a bird. That bird is 55. The *other* bird is 54 (we won't talk about the other-other birds, but they're getting up there). Finally just got my mage to 51 and the poor bear is still parked at 50.

EpuYue
04-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Hmm I started out with mage, got to 50 then started my bird and then fell in love with it. I still like playing mage but now I spend most of my playing time on my bird. Currently my mage is still stuck at 50 and my bird is 55 lol..

Duped
04-16-2011, 07:47 PM
My sig shows my levels of my chars. My archer was last to level, but I gotta say after enduring countless really long boss battles with my bear and mage, I really like my archer. I love how much easier it is to get totems with my archer than it was with either of the other chars.

However, I'm not on bird crack like lots of people are here. I love playing each character, and think that there is a unique place for them all. Lately, I just can't make up my mind which character I wanna use!

neko
04-16-2011, 09:35 PM
My first character was a Mage. After I leveled it to 50, I created a bird and bear out of curiosity. When v1.7 was released and the level cap was raised to 56, I leveled my Mage to 55, parked it, went back to level my bird to 55 and somewhere along the way decided I liked playing the bird even more and took it first to 56. Once that was done, I went back to my first character and leveled it to 56 and now I'm doing the same with my bear.

Nytesdawn
04-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah b4 tap joy I used to have a bow bear as my only char. Although he was my 5th char I made I still consider him my main. My 3rd alt who is a full dex bird has surpassed it by over 10 levels tho.

Elyseon
04-16-2011, 11:57 PM
I have 7 chars a Dex type of each race, a str type of each race, and an int mage. I can get addicted to playing any of them but the int mage. Dont know why but I'm just not real fond of the wands I guess.

Duped
04-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey Ely, I've enjoyed playing with your dex bear! Nice to see you on here too.

giayuan
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Truths... my first character was an archer :( Yes im a mage fan, and this blemish disturbs me xD So I guess you can say my archer is my main and my mage is my alt, thats the "Truth". But to me, my mage is my main and bird is alt. Bear is DEFINITELY alt.. ugh bears D;

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey Ely, I've enjoyed playing with your dex bear! Nice to see you on here too.

Likewise :)

Slush
04-17-2011, 01:21 AM
well, it kind of depends on what class your using. birds and mages have a quite similar play style, while bears are different. then it just comes down to opinion

Genes
04-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes mine surpassed. My alternate birdy is 56 while my main bear just reached 34. :p