PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Gun Comparison

e5c4p3artist
06-12-2015, 12:15 PM
I recently lucked into two good deals on two different guns, so I bought them both. One has the advantage of 100% chance of doing a "fireball" attack on a charged attack that will damage multiple targets. The other has the advantage of increased critical percentage by over 2% and a random chance to proc a lightning strike whether the attack is charged or not. I have been trying to increase my critical percentage so this latter gun seemed like an attractive option, especially since I don't often charge my attacks. In most other respects, these guns are nearly identical.

However, in testing them out on mobs (strictly PvE research here), the "fireball" gun amazingly outperforms the "lightning" gun. I've done about 15 minutes of research and none of it is very scientific - I've just gone around shooting the same kinds of mobs alternating between guns - so take this for what it is worth. But on average, the "fireball" gun is doing about 100 damage more with each shot than the "lightning" gun.

This is very baffling to me, but to be honest I am probably not going to spend a whole lot more time doing "research." However, I thought I would post this here in case it interests anyone else, prompts anyone else to do similar research, or in case anyone wants to provide any input to the conversation.

Following are screenshots of the two guns, with screenshots of typical damage I saw from each on average when "quick-firing" them. By quick-firing, I mean the opposite of a charged attack; quickly tapping attack and letting the gun shoot. I know you have to take my word for the fact that these are typical results, but they are. I had no pet summoned at the time and the "fireball" gun was hitting for 250-280. The "lightning" gun was hitting for 150-180. Pretty close to an exact 100 point difference in damage on average.

Fireball Gun:

Lightning Gun:

Ravager
06-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Some guns are glitched and do the equivalent of a charged attack.

Madnex
06-13-2015, 05:15 AM
Some guns are glitched and do the equivalent of a charged attack.
This. Namely, the ones you get from platinum purchased crates/bundles.

Aerodude
06-13-2015, 11:27 AM
That's why the lightning gun is weaker its expedition force! You shiuld use brut or assault for more dmg