PDA

View Full Version : jewels

Bluebatthing
06-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Are the crafting fees and stats for the jewels final? If that's the case, the damage jewels' are very disappointing, +0.6 damage for the highest level jewel? If this is an attempt to phase out the very OP para gems, I don't see how it could work, if anything, para gem equipment will be more in-demand and it won't go away any time soon. It'd be great if a dev can chime in on this.

Niixed
06-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Are the crafting fees and stats for the jewels final? If that's the case, the damage jewels' are very disappointing, +0.6 damage for the highest level jewel? If this is an attempt to phase out the very OP para gems, I don't see how it could work, if anything, para gem equipment will be more in-demand and it won't go away any time soon. It'd be great if a dev can chime in on this.

It also says +.6 critical on the noble lightning jewel, which doesn't make any sense since crit is a % stat. Don't assume that anything you see on the test server is going to be the final product. The cracked chaos jewel is +0.3 damage, but the noble version is +0.6 damage? There's no way that's going to be the final number.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 03:32 AM
It also says +.6 critical on the noble lightning jewel, which doesn't make any sense since crit is a % stat. Don't assume that anything you see on the test server is going to be the final product. The cracked chaos jewel is +0.3 damage, but the noble version is +0.6 damage? There's no way that's going to be the final number.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/13/09743b1de1279e52d1094d1bd961e9e2.jpg

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 03:48 AM
It's rather disappointing if they do not change the stats of jewels, especially the damage ones. The gap between the rich and the average player continue to widen *sigh*

Earlingstad
06-13-2015, 05:00 AM
+0.6 damage for the highest level jewel? If this is an attempt to phase out the very OP para gems, I don't see how it could work

Para gems will phase out as time passes when newer gear is released, for example the goblin glaive and epidemic armor is already better than dev mauls and ancient armor. If they release high damage jewels, para gems will not "'phase out" but instead be re-introduced under a new name.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 05:42 AM
Para gems will phase out as time passes when newer gear is released, for example the goblin glaive and epidemic armor is already better than dev mauls and ancient armor. If they release high damage jewels, para gems will not "'phase out" but instead be re-introduced under a new name.

Damage jewels with the current 0.6 dmg stat are useless, who will use them when a noble fire jewel will give more damage plus hp?

Jazzi
06-13-2015, 05:54 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/13/09743b1de1279e52d1094d1bd961e9e2.jpg

After seeing this screenshot I am not sure what to say any more. Introducing a damage jewel which is way inferior to para gems and even way inferior to the main stat jewels. This is utter lack of insight on the developers' side... Sigh:hopelessness:

Haligali
06-13-2015, 05:55 AM
After seeing this screenshot I am not sure what to say any more. Introducing a damage jewel which is way inferior to para gems and even way inferior to the main stat jewels. This is utter lack of insight on the developers' side... Sigh:hopelessness:

This damage jewels is a fail for sure, but the noble fire jewel can be very close to a second para gem in damage stat if you think about it.

Jazzi
06-13-2015, 06:01 AM
This damage jewels is a fail for sure, but the noble fire jewel can be very close to a second para gem in damage stat if you think about it.

Yes, that is true. In fact the difference will be minuscule. This does not change the fact that sts is introducing something new, which is completely useless and thinking that it is alright the way it is.

The other issue is the crit jewels. They don't even give as much crit as the eyes and lack the 9+ stats. This will create a situation where the people having the millions to get 10+ eyes will have a huge advantage over the ones who don't. After all the threads about narrowing the gap between the rich and the people on a budget, this as well is a big disappointment. At least for me.

Those jewels were previewed a long time ago. And it takes some basic understanding of game mechanics to make it right. How can I can my hopes high, that they did the rest of the things properly, after seeing this?

Haligali
06-13-2015, 06:47 AM
Yes, that is true. In fact the difference will be minuscule. This does not change the fact that sts is introducing something new, which is completely useless and thinking that it is alright the way it is.

The other issue is the crit jewels. They don't even give as much crit as the eyes and lack the 9+ stats. This will create a situation where the people having the millions to get 10+ eyes will have a huge advantage over the ones who don't. After all the threads about narrowing the gap between the rich and the people on a budget, this as well is a big disappointment. At least for me.

Those jewels were previewed a long time ago. And it takes some basic understanding of game mechanics to make it right. How can I can my hopes high, that they did the rest of the things properly, after seeing this?

Yes and the first para gem gives a huge damage bonus, it seems that the issue with it can't be solved, so im gona hold my para gems in my stash for little bit more time hehe.. Eye gem hoarders looking for a great profit too.

Tatman
06-13-2015, 06:57 AM
All jewels seem inferior to current gems, except the main stat jewels (str, dex, int). If these are the final stats (0.6 damage, 0.6 crit, 13.5 armor etc.) and there isn't something we don't know about (e.g. a change in how stats are being calculated? better quality jewels that aren't in the test server?), jewels will be a massive fail.

Earlingstad
06-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Special event gems are now rare and will not be available until those events return. On the other hand these jewels will be so commonly available and forever that they can be stacked by anyone willing.

Most of us are not able to stack para gems, because of a para gem''s price and limited availability. The number of para stackers is very few and as the para phases out, it will be fewer. Imagine 0.6 dmg x (all the slots in your mythic and arcane gear and the new belt).As new gear releases, the gap will become less and less.

These jewels are not limited edition so multiple of them can be used which will make them effective. I think some thought has been put on these jewel stats. The knee jerk reaction can be awwww only 0.6 dmg but we have to consider that these are very commonly available and can be totally stacked. Sts is trying to bridge the gap without tipping the balance by introducing too much damage everywhere. :encouragement:

Haligali
06-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Special event gems are now rare and will not be available until those events return. On the other hand these jewels will be so commonly available and forever that they can be stacked by anyone willing.

Imagine 0.6 dmg x 11 and maybe x 12 (belt included). Most people (the average players) are not able to stack para gems, because of a para gem''s price and limited availability. The number of para stackers is very few and as the para phases out, it will be fewer.

But these jewels are not limited edition. Sts is trying to bridge the gap without tipping the balance by introducing too much damage everywhere. :encouragement:

I think you dont understand, 0.6 damage is less that the damage what 8 dex gives, it is currently useless. If you use this damage jewel instead of dex/int/str jewels, you basically nerf yourself.

Jazzi
06-13-2015, 09:33 AM

Most of us are not able to stack para gems, because of a para gem''s price and limited availability. The number of para stackers is very few and as the para phases out, it will be fewer. Imagine 0.6 dmg x (all the slots in your mythic and arcane gear and the new belt).As new gear releases, the gap will become less and less.

These jewels are not limited edition so multiple of them can be used which will make them effective. I think some thought has been put on these jewel stats. The knee jerk reaction can be awwww only 0.6 dmg but we have to consider that these are very commonly available and can be totally stacked. Sts is trying to bridge the gap without tipping the balance by introducing too much damage everywhere. :encouragement:

The problem is not that the damage jewels are not better than para gems.

The problem is that they give you less damage than the main stat jewels (dexterity, intelligence and strength), where as the main stat jewels also give health, crit chance, mana, etc. (depending on your class). Hope this helps.

Raregem
06-13-2015, 10:13 AM
I am also disappointed in the crit and dmg jewels. I didn't think the dmg jewel would be as good as para but I was expecting at least +4 dmg at noble. The crit gem is also laughable. If they leave them as is I will just try for all noble dex gems and leave it at that. I hope they reevaluate the jewels, otherwise they will just be something no one uses.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Another point is the twink player base. Sure end game players will be able to stack the best jewels if they can afford it and be competitive. However, at twink levels, these jewels are an even bigger joke. I don't know if STS realize that a large number of people twink, if the jewels aren't able to at least measure up to the current special gems, PVP at lower levels will remain in the state that it is in right now, where the few who has the wealth are destroying the mass majority of middle class players. I can forsee a significant number of people quitting PVP at twink levels because the jewel system is not what we had hope for for a while now.

Edit: also the idea of STS waiting for the current gems, namely paras and eyes, to work itself out of the system is, dare I say, wishful thinking, given the stats of the new jewels at this point.

yubaraj
06-13-2015, 01:59 PM
The main problem/boon I have seen with para/eye is the bonus that the first gem provides. Except first para other paras give same stat for every level whereas jewels give different stat depending on levels.

Thus, jewels early stat should be par to the bonus that para/eye provide as it will help twink players to compete with para players. If jewel stats is lesser than the bonus of first para and eye then para/eye will be Uber expensive in future and not gon anywhere. I am talking in perspective of twink players.

IMO, the solution can be to nerf the first para/eye gem bonus stat and start damage jewels stat similar to para and eye. I know it will make end player too powerful because jewel stats increase per levels.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 02:21 PM
In my opinion, STS doesn't need to nerf the existing gems, however, they need to consider the stats of the new jewels and how they compare to the gems. As for end game players being powerful, I don't see an issue because these jewels are farmable, anyone willing to put in the effort can get them, unlike the gems that we have now.

Vediovis
06-13-2015, 03:07 PM
In the Jewel reveal thread STS said they will not nerf or change stats to current gems, para and eye included. In that same thread though I read that noble damage jewels would eclipse para gems. At +0.6 dmg increase I don't see how that's the case; so what's the truth STS?

If the current stats are final then like others here say these jewels will be useless for the most part (minus main stat jewels). Para gems (and eye) will remain superior and those who farmed with atl toons and have para gemmed gear will make millions as prices will skyrocket, the rich get richer and the poor continue to struggle.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 03:32 PM
I understand your logic regarding the stats, but with the confirmation from Carapace on the finality of the jewels, and the lack of response from any of the dev on the numerous posts regarding the issue, I can only assume that what we see right now on the test server will carry over when the expansion is released.

Ravager
06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Jewels are scaled for level 30 based on the filter. We dont know the increase for 41 or 46 yet. Looks decent for 15 for stat increase I think. +5. Didnt verify the damage jewel though.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Were you able to loot any of the cracked fury jewel?
Jewels are scaled for level 30 based on the filter. We dont know the increase for 41 or 46 yet. Looks decent for 15 for stat increase I think. +5. Didnt verify the damage jewel though.

Ravager
06-13-2015, 09:56 PM
I have gotten fury lightning mind nature and water cracked jewels in Wilds. I got mind and fury also in WT4.