PDA

View Full Version : Jewels vs. Gems

Zeus
06-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Hello Developers,

While I do understand that on a test server, things are expected to change...there was a quote that jewels are not likely to change in stats.

This is something that I covered in April. In order to prevent creating another 3 piece ring ordeal that plagued PL for the longest time, it is essential that the jewels be either equal or slightly better than gems like: enchanted eye of syrillax, paracelsus gems, or reinforced gems.

The game should progress - not be locked in a specific state for all eternity. Just as I expect SNS to be outperformed eventually (perhaps with the new arcane pets), the gems should also be eventually replaced with something better if jewels are really intended to replace gems. Otherwise, it just creates a grandfather effect where only those with vast resources win while those who do not have such vast resourced end up losing.

This is just my $.02.

Thank you for your time and input,

Zeus

Matrimony
06-13-2015, 12:07 AM
I dont think jewels should nerf para gems, so w.e. sts does is fine with me. ^_^

Niixed
06-13-2015, 12:11 AM
I noticed the same, but those numbers probably aren't the final numbers. The cracked chaos jewel is +.3 damage while the noble chaos jewel is +.6 damage? That just seems way off. The crit/lightning jewels don't even have a % stat listed, but list the same stat as the damage/chaos jewels. The int/mind dex/finesse and str/fury jewels are better than gems, and I suspect the others will fall in line. I also suspect STS had difficulty getting the test server online, it was delayed by a day. Maybe the "little" things like updating the Jewel stats got pushed to Monday? Idk.

Zeus
06-13-2015, 12:25 AM
I dont think jewels should nerf para gems, so w.e. sts does is fine with me. ^_^

It wouldn't nerf para gems?

Fightbeast
06-13-2015, 12:31 AM
Agreed. Old gems need to be replaced by new jewels. If the same old items continue to be the best in game forever, people lose interest in doing or farming something new. Plus many players don't have a para stone or eye; bringing out new jewels will help even the play field.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 12:34 AM
It wouldn't nerf para gems?

Limiting gems to old gears only will solve the entire issue.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 01:27 AM
How would it solve the issue? I assumed you're talking about para gems. If the new jewels are not comparable to para gems, the old gear with para gems, especially twink level items, will remain in circulation for a long time, that defeats the intention of STS trying to phase out the old gems. Sure, normal gems will be gone relatively quickly, but OP gems such as paras and Enchanted eyes won't be going anywhere any time soon.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 02:14 AM
How would it solve the issue? I assumed you're talking about para gems. If the new jewels are not comparable to para gems, the old gear with para gems, especially twink level items, will remain in circulation for a long time, that defeats the intention of STS trying to phase out the old gems. Sure, normal gems will be gone relatively quickly, but OP gems such as paras and Enchanted eyes won't be going anywhere any time soon.

U want everybody by next event to run with maximum damage ?
Or better change the game name to sniper legends?
Dude in simple sense limiting to old gears will completely stop gemming those remaining para into new gears.
Regarding ur existing para gears, jewels will somehow cover it up followed by better gears will eliminate para.
Hope that clears u now.

Jazzi
06-13-2015, 02:44 AM
I dont think those could be the final stats. I am not sure about the usefulness of those jewels at lower levels, but at endgame a player would get about twice as much damage by simply using a main stat jewel, thus rendering the damage ones obsolete before anyone ever looted a single cracked one :)

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 02:46 AM
Let me take a wild guess, you own para gems? Anyway, have you taken a look at the process of crafting new jewels from the test server? If you did, then you know how much work, time and gold is required to craft one of the top tier jewels. I'm almost certain that not everyone will be running the next event with max damage, even if STS decides to bring up the stat of the damage jewels, only a select few would be able to afford these. Your argument regarding the jewels will "somehow" cover it up followed by better gear will eliminate paras, when will that be? The expansion is nearly here, people have been begging for something to bring balance back to the game, at end game as well as twinking levels, and you're suggesting the masses to wait for para to phase out while the few who are hoarding para gems to continue to dominate? And no that did not cleared me!
U want everybody by next event to run with maximum damage ?
Or better change the game name to sniper legends?
Dude in simple sense limiting to old gears will completely stop gemming those remaining para into new gears.
Regarding ur existing para gears, jewels will somehow cover it up followed by better gears will eliminate para.
Hope that clears u now.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 02:52 AM
Let me take a wild guess, you own para gems? Anyway, have you taken a look at the process of crafting new jewels from the test server? If you did, then you know how much work, time and gold is required to craft one of the top tier jewels. I'm almost certain that not everyone will be running the next event with max damage, even if STS decides to bring up the stat of the damage jewels, only a select few would be able to afford these. Your argument regarding the jewels will "somehow" cover it up followed by better gear will eliminate paras, when will that be? The expansion is nearly here, people have been begging for something to bring balance back to the game, at end game as well as twinking levels, and you're suggesting the masses to wait for para to phase out while the few who are hoarding para gems to continue to dominate? And no that did not cleared me!

Tell me one thing dude. Does hoarding makes any sense if gems been limited to old gears only? I guess not.
Then why the heck is that bothering you?
Take an example I hoard 100 para gems . Ok now what I'm gonna do that at future? The answer is clear there is no future since those won't be able to upgrade new gears. If u still didn't get that then God bless you and ur imagination.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 02:55 AM

Jewels upgrading takes a while and been cleared up by devs. It's not the final stat for now. But what we can sense is that at endgame jewels might cover up gems. And people will have to work on it to own it.

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 03:12 AM
How did you come up with the idea that I'm bothered by any of this? I am simply voicing my opinion on how the new jewels should replace the old gems. As Zeus stated on this thread, if the jewels are not equal to or slightly better than the likes of paras, enchanted eyes, or reinforced gems, how will it replace them? Remember this subsection is for reporting bugs, discussions, and suggestions for the new contents in the test server, you have your opinion, I have mine. It seems you can't keep a constructive discussion going without resorting to personal attacks, I will no longer be replying to your comments as it will derail the purpose of this thread. Good day buddy.
Tell me one thing dude. Does hoarding makes any sense if gems been limited to old gears only? I guess not.
Take an example I hoard 100 para gems . Ok now what I'm gonna do that at future? The answer is clear there is no future since those won't be able to upgrade new gears. If u still didn't get that then God bless you and ur imagination.

I apologize to Zeus if I've derailed this thread in any way.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 03:27 AM
At the current stats, damage jewels are useless, a noble fire gem will give more damage than this. Eye gems will worth 20m I'm not kidding, this will create a big gap between rich and average ppl.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 03:30 AM

You missed that part that gem functions will be no way changed, so we can still socked saved gems into lvl46 gear.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 03:34 AM
You missed that part that gem functions will be no way changed, so we can still socked saved gems into lvl46 gear.

It was an option for sts to have a look if jewels really going to replace gems with somehow similar or better stat but keeping them out from future upgrading.

davidvilla
06-13-2015, 03:42 AM
How did you come up with the idea that I'm bothered by any of this? I am simply voicing my opinion on how the new jewels should replace the old gems. As Zeus stated on this thread, if the jewels are not equal to or slightly better than the likes of paras, enchanted eyes, or reinforced gems, how will it replace them? Remember this subsection is for reporting bugs, discussions, and suggestions for the new contents in the test server, you have your opinion, I have mine. It seems you can't keep a constructive discussion going without resorting to personal attacks, I will no longer be replying to your comments as it will derail the purpose of this thread. Good day buddy.

I apologize to Zeus if I've derailed this thread in any way.
I've kept myself constructive with my opinion on limiting gems usage. U don't understand is not my problem. Like u said I have my opinion and it's not my interest on attacking personally. If u perceive it that way then it's u. Anyway good luck ahead.

kixkaxx
06-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Hello Developers,

While I do understand that on a test server, things are expected to change...there was a quote that jewels are not likely to change in stats.

This is something that I covered in April. In order to prevent creating another 3 piece ring ordeal that plagued PL for the longest time, it is essential that the jewels be either equal or slightly better than gems like: enchanted eye of syrillax, paracelsus gems, or reinforced gems.

The game should progress - not be locked in a specific state for all eternity. Just as I expect SNS to be outperformed eventually (perhaps with the new arcane pets), the gems should also be eventually replaced with something better if jewels are really intended to replace gems. Otherwise, it just creates a grandfather effect where only those with vast resources win while those who do not have such vast resourced end up losing.

This is just my $.02.

Zeus

Special gems will be back during holidays, so they should be better than jewl which you can obtain it as always. Also reinforced gems are much much harder to get than jews(whose ingredient drops from all mobs in Arlor). It doesn't make sense to have armor jewl better than reinforced gems

gumball3000
06-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Hello Developers,

This is just my $.02.

Zeus

100% agree with this, jewels should be better than para and eyes because normal players ike myself played the halloween event and got one para gem which is long gone by now but some people farmed 10, 20 or more of them and stashed them for later use.

Either you make jewels better than para or eye or you also make these gems buyabe with the new tokens.

Zeus
06-13-2015, 10:54 AM

No, it would not because twink gear is rarely updated. It would only be a half fix.

Maunyabastian
06-13-2015, 11:00 AM
I know STS do the right thing, just a matter of time. Later they will find a way out of these jewels issues.

kixkaxx
06-13-2015, 11:11 AM
100% agree with this, jewels should be better than para and eyes because normal players ike myself played the halloween event and got one para gem which is long gone by now but some people farmed 10, 20 or more of them and stashed them for later use.

Either you make jewels better than para or eye or you also make these gems buyabe with the new tokens.

Para and eyes will be back, if jewl is better who will farm those events?

Zeus
06-13-2015, 11:13 AM

Perhaps I am imagining, but I think developers said paracelsus would NOT be back? I may be misled but honestly, I think I came across this on forums unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 11:17 AM

Fibus said http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=227226 we will be unable to craft gems after the jewel system implemented, i will be surprised if para and eye gems come back.

kixkaxx
06-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Fibus said http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=227226 we will be unable to craft gems after the jewel system implemented, i will be surprised if para and eye gems come back.

However in this post they said "Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance."

Moreover, para is not crafted ...

Haligali
06-13-2015, 11:34 AM
However in this post they said "Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance."

Moreover, para is not crafted ...

Yes and he wrote after:

"In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist."

I think he meant para gem also as existing gem.

Who will farm events, thats a good question maybe they plan some other rewards like toor pet for lb and mythic ingredients for reaching platinum tier or so.

Niixed
06-13-2015, 02:43 PM
At the current stats, damage jewels are useless, a noble fire gem will give more damage than this. Eye gems will worth 20m I'm not kidding, this will create a big gap between rich and average ppl.

The damage jewel (and crit jewel) stats on the test server are clearly *not* correct. Don't you think it's a little soon to me making sweeping conclusions like that?

Bluebatthing
06-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Hali posted a SS where Carapace stated the stats for the jewels are final in my thread.

Haligali
06-13-2015, 03:01 PM
The damage jewel (and crit jewel) stats on the test server are clearly *not* correct. Don't you think it's a little soon to me making sweeping conclusions like that?

Why are you so sure that they are clearly not correct? Carapace said that stats are final but may change, if we don't start to protest now, this will go live.

Niixed
06-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Why are you so sure that they are clearly not correct? Carapace said that stats are final but may change, if we don't start to protest now, this will go live.

I replied on other jewel thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237591-jewels&p=2186923&viewfull=1#post2186923).

Energizeric
06-13-2015, 07:07 PM
I agree with you Parth, if we are talking about end game here. But they have to be very careful with twink levels. So the system should be that these jewels be scaled to level. At end game I have no problem with a damage jewel being more powerful than a para (although I don't see how you could make it more powerful than an initial para which gives +7.5 damage). As for eye gems, they currently are not so OP at end game anyway, and since no other jewel really compares to them, I don't think they need to be addressed much. Perhaps the solution is to make a couple more gem tiers like at level 35 & 40, and maybe even 45.

Zeus
06-13-2015, 07:12 PM
I agree with you Parth, if we are talking about end game here. But they have to be very careful with twink levels. So the system should be that these jewels be scaled to level. At end game I have no problem with a damage jewel being more powerful than a para (although I don't see how you could make it more powerful than an initial para which gives +7.5 damage). As for eye gems, they currently are not so OP at end game anyway, and since no other jewel really compares to them, I don't think they need to be addressed much. Perhaps the solution is to make a couple more gem tiers like at level 35 & 40, and maybe even 45.

Enchanted eye gems are equally OP when paired with para gems, Ener. They give everything that the paracelsus gem lacks which is why you see combinations like 10-11 paras & 2-3 eyes.

Earlingstad
06-14-2015, 02:20 AM

Paracelsus 'Stone' and Enchanted 'Eye'. They are not called 'gems' literally and are not craftable, so chances are they might not be included with the gems that are going away. And they might be back again this year's event.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 02:34 AM
Paracelsus 'Stone' and Enchanted 'Eye'. They are not called 'gems' literally and are not craftable, so chances are they might not be included with the gems that are going away. And they might be back again this year's event.

Your logic is wrong and you forgot elondrian life shard and necropolis cursed skull. We have gem system currently and these are the gems. What's the point making chaos, lightning, nature and water jewels if gems are coming back with better stats?

Can you remove it from your gear?

Yes) jewel
No) gem

Paracelsus stone is a gem.

gumball3000
06-14-2015, 08:23 AM

They won't be back, the devs said that time will make them disappear out of the game. They just want them to die out by themselves but thats not the solution, people who have some paras stashed away will surely have the upper hand this whole new expansion.

Donquixoth
06-14-2015, 08:29 AM
No, it would not because twink gear is rarely updated. It would only be a half fix.

Yah, twink level have been broken. And not just that, some peoples out there still saving some para gems for future gear.. :/

Edward Coug
06-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Yah, twink level have been broken. And not just that, some peoples out there still saving some para gems for future gear.. :/

Once jewels are introduced, you won't be able to upgrade gear with gems. So any remaining para gems will be useless.

If these jewel stats are final, I'll be quite disappointed. Damage and crit gems will be worthless.

EDIT:

I'm incorrect. Gems will still be able to be socketed. Just not crafted. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Once jewels are introduced, you won't be able to upgrade gear with gems. So any remaining para gems will be useless.

If these jewel stats are final, I'll be quite disappointed. Damage and crit gems will be worthless.

Please read this post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2145156

Again, again and again.

Edward Coug
06-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Please read this post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2145156

Again, again and again.

You're right. I misunderstood. Paras will sell for 1B.

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if it sells for that much XD. This is why you see some people who have the resources buying up all the paras in the form of gemming, and I'm sure once the expansion is released and people see how uncompetitive the jewels are, those items will sell for huge profit. You'll see the same people pushing to have the jewel stats to stay as it is in the test server. People have the right to voice their opinions, but to essentially going against progress for personal gains is simply selfish.
You're right. I misunderstood. Paras will sell for 1B.

Donquixoth
06-14-2015, 07:14 PM

EDIT:

I'm incorrect. Gems will still be able to be socketed. Just not crafted. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Yah, it is about limited gems that OP than all normal gem. well it seems still OP than jewel.

Dalmony
06-14-2015, 08:26 PM
I totally agree with the original post... If jewels are replacing gems then all jewels should offer advantages over their gem counter parts otherwise what is the point of introducing the new item. Its just the same as if the new mytic set had worse stats than imbued gear... It would be counter productive and not encourage progress. An expansion by nature should broaden not narrow the playing field.

These jewels should make us want to get rid of our gems and work towards fully jewelling our items.