PDA

View Full Version : Test server- the good and the bad

merch_master
06-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes, so many feedback posts already, im sure this will get lost in the flow of posts, but i cant resist not giving my own opinion toward this long awaited ( a bit too long) expansion and TS; so here it goes
The good
- the graphics and music are a certain hit. Both the map and towns are huge and beautiful, and the eerie unearthly look on the maps is spot on. The town could use some more stuff within though..a bit too empty
- the brute mob...we have seen the same mage( which heals mobs) and normal mobs combination and are easy enough to circumvent, but this additional buff-giver is certainly welcome. From my experience, it seemed to give more dmg and dmg reduction to mobs and when working in tandem with the orc mage, can create some difficulty in killing them off quickly
- reflect. on boss 3 , always loved reflect , where high health low dmg tanks are actually better than the alternatives...the 3rd boss is well designed, with the mob spawnage and the refect and rush....can imagine this one to be a nightmare in elites
- token system. Much about it is yet to be known, but seeing such a system being implemented is an obvious indicator that it wont be available only via plat usage. As long as its availability is not hugely split between the plat and non-plat way, a good system for sure

The bad
- the hulk is a fail....weak swings and just one hard-hitting redzone whiich is very rare makes it a lol-worthy mob
- mob sparsity has been a balance killer and seems STG has gone the wrong way by increasing it.
- pet recolouration has a limit...except for porkchop, none of the new pets are actually new....and i seriously hope that stampy having a picture off almost 'exactly' a little bear is just a case of place-holder ; same goes for boris and porkchop.....toor (being an arcane petAND a recycle is a huge fail)
- locked crate of rengol......with the announcement of no further locks, i had hoped to believe STS would bring in a change in how much p2w this game is...seems that wont change. Everything now hinges on how rare the tokens are, or there will be no survival for the f2p

Thats my opinion, any feedback is welcome :)