PDA

View Full Version : Jewel System: Rage of Renege

Niixed
06-14-2015, 02:54 AM
renege (v.) - go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.

When Jewels were first announced it gave me very high hopes, but after seeing the, frankly, insulting stats of some of the jewels on the test server I am deeply concerned about the new Jewel system. I was in disbelief and denial (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237591-jewels&p=2186421&viewfull=1#post2186421) until I started doing more research and number comparisons. I hope the devs are listening because if they keep those numbers many hopeful players are in for a very harsh, rude awakening and the negative impact on Arcane Legends and its profitability could be quite significant.

The most glaring example is the damage, or chaos, jewel. After spending great effort in gathering or purchasing 2,187 cracked chaos jewels (worth +.25 damage each) what do you have to look forward to? A whopping +.6 damage increase! Yes, it seems impossible, yet devs have declared the Jewel system numbers seen on the test server "final but certainly subject to change."

At the MINIMUM a Noble damage jewel should be worth 2.0 damage, but 2.66 would be more in line with the expectations set by the jewel system announcement (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?227226-Introducing-Jewels!). Teasing us with +8 dex/int/str noble jewels, giving the unmistakable impression that other jewels would also supercede existing gems and then releasing a damage jewel that falls 70% short of the minimum you get from a para gem (without the bonus)? That's just not cool, STS. Not cool at all.

The justification for the Jewel system focused mainly on phasing out the para gem, but a Noble chaos jewel with a laughably pathetic +0.6 damage is going to be ignored with a collective eyeroll. In what universe would a jewel like that phase out the para gem??? Instead, it would guarantee para gems become a permanent fixture in Arcane Legends, hyperinflating their value until it is on par with shards and fossils.

I made a rough comparison chart to illustrate my point. At level 41, with the exception of the base stat jewels, the Jewel system falls disappointingly short of expectations.

Grand Fire
Noble Finesse
Percent Gain
Expectation

+6 dex
+8 dex
+133%
+8 dex

Grand Glacial
Noble Mind
Percent Gain
Expectation

+6 int
+8 int
+133%
+8 int

Grand Blood
Noble Fury
Percent Gain
Expectation

+6 str
+8 str
+133%
+8 str

Enchanted Eye
Noble Lightning
Percent Loss
Expectation

+0.97% crit
+0.60% crit
-38%
+1.29% crit

Para Soul Stone
Noble Chaos
Percent Loss
Expectation

+2.00 dmg
+0.60 dmg
-70%
+2.66 dmg

Grand Reinforced
Noble Diamond
Percent Loss
Expectation

+25 armor
+13.5 armor
-46%
+33 armor

Grand Elon Shard
Noble Nature
Percent Loss
Expectation

+113 health
+96 health
-15%
+151 health

Grand Nec Skull
Noble Water
Percent Loss
Expectation

+101 mana
+96 mana
-5%
+134 mana

The percent loss or gain is in comparison to the *minimum.* If these really are the final stats, most of the Jewels are an inexplicable regression of the current system. If they want the Jewel system to be a success, STS would be very smart to meet all of the expectations set by the original announcement, even if it meant obtaining Noble jewels had to be more difficult. If you can't meet them, at least don't go backwards; don't give us noble jewels worse than we had in the old gem system.

Update:

I found this post from Fibus. There may be hope that the Jewel system is not yet in its final state.

Glad to see everyone is excited for the expansion! Just a word of caution though, remember this is a TEST SERVER. Number values, art, etc. are all subject to change. And very likely WILL change. And just to avoid any confusion, those tokens are NOT story tokens. It's just placeholder art.

Ladysophie
06-14-2015, 04:07 AM
The stats on the noble jewels are scaled for lv30 items upwards. This means there are classes of jewels greater than the noble types.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 04:17 AM
The stats on the noble jewels are scaled for lv30 items upwards. This means there are classes of jewels greater than the noble types.

Where you read that? Fibus wrote jewels have 8 lvl, read this post again: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2145156

Ladysophie
06-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Where you read that? Fibus wrote jewels have 8 lvl, read this post again: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2145156
GG then. They could eventually add more classes though or make the jewels auto scale from Lv30 upwards Lol

Jazzi
06-14-2015, 05:11 AM
GG then. They could eventually add more classes though or make the jewels auto scale from Lv30 upwards Lol

Even if they scale for say lvl 40+, if they keep it like that the regular main stat jewel and para gems will be better than the damage jewels. Same goes for the crit jewel compared to the enchanted eye.

Further introducing one more tier of jewels will drastically increase the number of cracked jewels needed in order to craft one of those.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 05:21 AM
Even if they scale for say lvl 40+, if they keep it like that the regular main stat jewel and para gems will be better than the damage jewels. Same goes for the crit jewel compared to the enchanted eye.

Further introducing one more tier of jewels will drastically increase the number of cracked jewels needed in order to craft one of those.

I think we have an agreement that these stats makes the mentioned jewels useless, for moving a bit further, what stat would you recommend? Paracelsus gem have currently 2.0 damage Thundyrz have a good point, it must be a bit more than noble finesse/fury/mind but not that much more. Maybe around 2.5?

Jazzi
06-14-2015, 05:48 AM
I think we have an agreement that these stats makes the mentioned jewels useless, for moving a bit further, what stat would you recommend? Paracelsus gem have currently 2.0 damage Thundyrz have a good point, it must be a bit more than noble finesse/fury/mind but not that much more. Maybe around 2.5?

To be honest I never was after having more than one para, as the gain/expense ratio is definitely not the best. I chose having one para, mostly eyes and a couple of grand tarlok wind gems in my gear currently. I would have replaced those grand tarlok with eyes if the expansion was not that close.

The damage jewels, same as the crit jewels, need to be on par with the main stat jewels and at least somewhat comparable to the para gems(not talking about the first one) and eyes. So imo damage gems need to be something like 2.00-2.20 damage. I think 2.2 is more appropriate. After all it the health, crit chance, etc. loss from not using a main stat jewel has to be offset by something (more damage in this case) in order to make it worth it.

Honestly I haven't given the crit jewels much thought, as they are sooo bad compared to eyes. They definitely need to give more than 1.00 crit. More like in the range of 1.15-1.3. With them giving that much I see myself using 3-5 of them, but if they give you only 0,6... Well if you have full mythic/arcane gear, with the new belt slot, you have 18 gem/jewel slots. If you would put crit jewels in all of those you would gain 10.8 crit in total. This compared to 144 main stat (18 slots with noble dex jewels)?!? It looks to me like a no-brainer to me.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 05:59 AM
To be honest I never was after having more than one para, as the gain/expense ratio is definitely not the best. I chose having one para, mostly eyes and a couple of grand tarlok wind gems in my gear currently. I would have replaced those grand tarlok with eyes if the expansion was not that close.

The damage jewels, same as the crit jewels, need to be on par with the main stat jewels and at least somewhat comparable to the para gems(not talking about the first one) and eyes. So imo damage gems need to be something like 2.00-2.20 damage. I think 2.2 is more appropriate. After all it the health, crit chance, etc. loss from not using a main stat jewel has to be offset by something (more damage in this case) in order to make it worth it.

Honestly I haven't given the crit jewels much thought, as they are sooo bad compared to eyes. They definitely need to give more than 1.00 crit. More like in the range of 1.15-1.3. With them giving that much I see myself using 3-5 of them, but if they give you only 0,6... Well if you have full mythic/arcane gear, with the new belt slot, you have 18 gem/jewel slots. If you would put crit jewels in all of those you would gain 10.8 crit in total. This compared to 144 main stat (18 slots with noble dex jewels)?!? It looks to me like a no-brainer to me.

Lightning jewel also should give 2-2.5% crit imho, it does not give any other stat.

Jazzi
06-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Lightning jewel also should give 2-2.5% crit imho, it does not give any other stat.

Imo 2-2.5% crit is too much. if it is 2.5% with 18 of those you will get +45% crit. So a rogue with aimed shot stack will be able too have 100%. Mages will be able to have 60%+. Ofc it would be a great sacrifice in damage and other stats, but still. Imho the maximum they should go to for now is 1.5%. This in my opinion makes them as good as eye gems (almost).

Donquixoth
06-14-2015, 08:17 AM
Hahaha, para-gem and another limited gem is big mistake, and never cant be fixed, that limited gems effect shouldnt be stacked, so every people only can use one para-gem or another limited gems. It's not about we can buy it or not, but it is about we can get it or not (because that gems will not exist in the future). Jewel must be something that can fix that OPness that limited gems, so the game will balance again.

intizamfamily888
06-14-2015, 12:25 PM
I dont see the point why ppl complain so much abt para gems. I mean there are not much para gems left, so its not game breaking at endgame. At twink lvls nearly every player has atleast one para gem. I dont tested the jewels yet but as i noticed you guys complain abt that the jewels give less dmg than a para gem. I personally think its ok like this, because i don't want to see 1-1.2k dmg eveywhere..... and one thing to add. Its much harder to get para gems than the normal gems.
That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-

Haligali
06-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I dont see the point why ppl complain so much abt para gems. I mean there are not much para gems left, so its not game breaking at endgame. At twink lvls nearly every player has atleast one para gem. I dont tested the jewels yet but as i noticed you guys complain abt that the jewels give less dmg than a para gem. I personally think its ok like this, because i don't want to see 1-1.2k dmg eveywhere..... and one thing to add. Its much harder to get para gems than the normal gems.
That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-
I made a ss from my stash now, im sure there still many out, maybe i can just trade one for an arcane weapon in the future.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/14/309ba73722e03af22af89865c0480b31.jpg

intizamfamily888
06-14-2015, 12:51 PM
But there are not that much left to have full para rogues outside(at lvl 46 with new gear)

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 12:55 PM
As you stated, you don't want to see 1k damage everywhere, so you'd rather have a few with over the top damage continue to dominate everyone else? How does that help with the effort to lessen the rich-poor gap? At twink levels, you'd be surprise how many players do not have parameters gems, check with some of the lesser known guilds. Moreover, players who want to participate in pvp at twink levels are also discouraged by the fact that they cannot compete with para players, so why even bother? You said it yourself, it's much harder to get para gems than normal gems (I'm assuming you meant jewels), so introducing something that is readily available to the masses will only help with the overall balance of the game.
That were my 2cents

-Skillfeed-

intizamfamily888
06-14-2015, 01:01 PM
As you stated, you don't want to see 1k damage everywhere, so you'd rather have a few with over the top damage continue to dominate everyone else? How does that help with the effort to lessen the rich-poor gap? At twink levels, you'd be surprise how many players do not have parameters gems, check with some of the lesser known guilds. Moreover, players who want to participate in pvp at twink levels are also discouraged by the fact that they cannot compete with parag players, so why even bother? You said it yourself, it's much harder to get para gems than normal gems, so introducing something that is readily available to the masses will only help with the overall balance of the game.
But para gems were a special premium reward at the event and the jewels are farmable all the time , so i think para gems dont deserve to be weaker than normal farmable gems. Para gems can also return in later events so the newer ppl get a chance to get one of them too. Its the same like arcanes not every player has an arcane item/eggs. So i think its better to close the gap between the item stats than changing the gems. Just think abt which change would be more game changing.

-Skillfeed-

Niixed
06-14-2015, 01:19 PM

You're absolutely right, 1.29% crit is not worth placing in a gear socket considering you gain no other benefit.

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 01:43 PM
I understand your point on the exclusivity on an event item, but you'll find that most people agree that the introduction of para gems into the game has essentially broken the game, at least in the pvp aspect. Also, it has been confirmed that para gems will not be coming back in future events because STS wants to let this particular gem works itself out of the game, frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon if the jewels stats stay the way it is.
But para gems were a special premium reward at the event and the jewels are farmable all the time , so i think para gems dont deserve to be weaker than normal farmable gems. Para gems can also return in later events so the newer ppl get a chance to get one of them too. Its the same like arcanes not every player has an arcane item/eggs. So i think its better to close the gap between the item stats than changing the gems. Just think abt which change would be more game changing.

-Skillfeed-

intizamfamily888
06-14-2015, 01:54 PM
I understand your point on the exclusivity on an event item, but you'll find that most people agree that the introduction of para gems into the game has essentially broken the game, at least in the pvp aspect. Also, it has been confirmed that para gems will not be coming back in future events because STS wants to let this particular gem works itself out of the game, frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon if the jewels stats stay the way it is.
I understand your point:)

Donquixoth
06-14-2015, 07:22 PM

-Skillfeed-

Lol, any gems has been replaced with jewel, no more place for it to return. STS said they wont make another paracelsus gem anymore, that have crushing both pve and pvp. I think they should make it not stack with same gem, that gonna be better. so, one character only can use one gem.

Haligali
06-15-2015, 04:28 AM
Imo 2-2.5% crit is too much. if it is 2.5% with 18 of those you will get +45% crit. So a rogue with aimed shot stack will be able too have 100%. Mages will be able to have 60%+. Ofc it would be a great sacrifice in damage and other stats, but still. Imho the maximum they should go to for now is 1.5%. This in my opinion makes them as good as eye gems (almost).

It is not too much if you think about it. Im currently using 10 eye gems in my gear and i have 50% crit, it feels like i crit every time already. Going to a lot over 50% crit is just a waste i think. I know belts are coming, so we will have 3 extra slot, but if i socket 13 crit jewel then i gain 26% crit if every crit jewel will give 2%, 32,5% with 2.5%, but the damage loss will be a huge -104 and -312 hp, compared to 13 noble finesse jewels.

Jazzi
06-15-2015, 08:07 AM
It is not too much if you think about it. Im currently using 10 eye gems in my gear and i have 50% crit, it feels like i crit every time already. Going to a lot over 50% crit is just a waste i think. I know belts are coming, so we will have 3 extra slot, but if i socket 13 crit jewel then i gain 26% crit if every crit jewel will give 2%, 32,5% with 2.5%, but the damage loss will be a huge -104 and -312 hp, compared to 13 noble finesse jewels.

U are absolutely right about the rogue class. I have 53% crit on my rogue and it feels like critting every time indeed once you get aimed stacks up. In this regard 1.5% or 2.5% crit on the jewels does not matter that much as rogues already have plenty. However this is not true about mages. They on the other hand already have higher damage, so they could sacrifice a bit. Now imagine mages with AoE skills, higher damage than rogues (or same if they sacrifice for full crit build) and 60% crit + crowd control. I am guessing warriors will be totally out of the picture then. That is the reason I said 2.5% is too much :). On the other hand this is the only MMO/RPG where mages cant get as much crit as roogues/assassins, so why not 2.5% ;)

Haligali
06-15-2015, 08:13 AM
U are absolutely right about the rogue class. I have 53% crit on my rogue and it feels like critting every time indeed once you get aimed stacks up. In this regard 1.5% or 2.5% crit on the jewels does not matter that much as rogues already have plenty. However this is not true about mages. They on the other hand already have higher damage, so they could sacrifice a bit. Now imagine mages with AoE skills, higher damage than rogues (or same if they sacrifice for full crit build) and 60% crit + crowd control. I am guessing warriors will be totally out of the picture then. That is the reason I said 2.5% is too much :). On the other hand this is the only MMO/RPG where mages cant get as much crit as roogues/assassins, so why not 2.5% ;)

The main point, crit jewels must have to be competitive at least to eye gems, or else we gona see an eye gem price loosing control. The rich people who can stack the most discontinued eye gems will win. 2% crit is makes me think that i should socket a few (2-3) pieces somewhere into my gear.

Jazzi
06-15-2015, 08:21 AM
The main point, crit jewels must have to be competitive at least to eye gems, or else we gona see an eye gem price loosing control. The rich people who can stack the most discontinued eye gems will win. 2% crit is makes me think that i should socket a few (2-3) pieces somewhere into my gear.

Yes you are right about the first part. The gap between the upper 1% and the upper mid class will be huge. The gap between the upper 1% and the average player (and I think that many of that one 1% dont even know what the average is) will be tremendous.

As a friend of mine said: "I look at their stats and wanna cry. I farm and farm and nothing." Then his wife opened 250 goblin locked and looted 2 samaels, one maridos, 2 fossils and one shard... o.O

Fibus
06-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback on this everyone.

I think it's important to point out that some of the gem/jewel comparisons in the intial post are not "apples to apples" comparisons. When dealing with the Paracellus Soul Stone and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, remember that these were difficult-to-obtain and limited time rewards. Making something that is openly farmable (new jewels) equal to that in power just would not make sense. Those items were special and will continue to be special. Better comparisons are the Dex/Str/Int gems/jewels, which are obtained in similar ways.

Also of importance is to remember this is a TEST SERVER. The reason we put all of this content there is to gather feedback. As we compile all of the feedback we receive on jewels, and everything else, we'll determine if we need to make any changes.

Zeus
06-15-2015, 10:16 AM

I think it's important to point out that some of the gem/jewel comparisons in the intial post are not "apples to apples" comparisons. When dealing with the Paracellus Soul Stone and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, remember that these were difficult-to-obtain and limited time rewards. Making something that is openly farmable (new jewels) equal to that in power just would not make sense. Those items were special and will continue to be special. Better comparisons are the Dex/Str/Int gems/jewels, which are obtained in similar ways.

Also of importance is to remember this is a TEST SERVER. The reason we put all of this content there is to gather feedback. As we compile all of the feedback we receive on jewels, and everything else, we'll determine if we need to make any changes.

True, but neither would causing Paracelsus and Enchanted Eye of Syrillax gems to be the top gems and be discontinued make sense either.

Perhaps, create a level of jewel that matches eye gem stat and Paracelsus gem stat that requires equal effort?

The phasing out plan will not work. All it will do is escalate prices on current Paracelsus gems and enchanted eye gems. Then, when the gems finally do run out, you have players that will be ridiculously OP for an entire year. When players cannot keep up or match those stats, they end up quitting. I don't mean to dramaticize things but this is exactly what happened in PL. The way the current jewel system is set up, it will only create obsolete OP players like myself that nobody can compete with.

In this case, I only have the best intentions for the longevity of the game. Regardless of how things play out, I will still be able to buy Paracelsus gems and Enchanted Eye gems to become one of the said obsolete OP players but the thing is - others will not be able to and it will drive players nuts that they cannot accomplish the same stats.

It's a very major issue that needs to be handled as quickly as possible. Thank you, Fibus!

Bluebatthing
06-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Thank you for chiming in Fibus, it's great to see that devs are looking into what the players are suggesting.

IMO, I think most will agree that the introduction of those special gems had a negative effect on the balance of the game, and for those to remain special, how could balance be possible? I understand your intention of letting those gems work itself out of the game, but how long would that take if they continue to be special? Some players who are wealthy enough to afford these gems at the moment are hoarding them, in the form of gemming expensive items, if the jewels are not competitive, these items will be sold for big bucks. If this happens, I don't see how these gems will go anywhere. I sincerely hope you make these jewels more competitive than what we're seeing in the test server at this point.

Candylicks
06-15-2015, 10:19 AM

Yes but eye and para gems should not continue to be the 'best' we can get our hands on. We expect to see progression in gear AND jewels with expansion. To continually have to back peddle and rely on items that are 1. no longer obtainable and 2. STILL superior to NEW items is excessively frustrating. Why would you release new jewels that aren't going to finally wipe out these old ones? You are still placing the ability to max out stats in the hands of a very few.

Jazzi
06-15-2015, 10:40 AM

I see your point, but the difference right now is tremendous. Not only this will extremely frustrating for the existing players, who don't have the resources to afford the OP mixture of eye and para gems, but it will be a reason to quit for the new players. How is a new player supposed to get motivation to farm and/or spend money on a game when she/he knows that he can never become the best or compete with the best? No matter how much he farm or how much money he spends? Imagine how would people feel, who start playing 3-4 months into the expansion. By then the paras and eyes would have ran out, so what are they supposed to do? Suck it up and wait for the next expansion?

I have seen this happen in other games. Results have been always the same: wide spread discontent. You have a great opportunity to do it differently, please do!

Candylicks
06-15-2015, 10:43 AM
Also, I will tell you that in PvP it's ALL about how many eye and para gems that you have. I just have one of each with max gear and compared to Zeus with exact same set but different gems the difference is astounding. It's pretty lame that this disparity even exists. The ONLY way to stop this is by bumping up those dmg and crit jewels for us. Then the playing field will even out!!!

You got this StS!!!

yubaraj
06-15-2015, 10:44 AM

What balance you guys were talking about in this expansion???

I have been hearing that STS intend to bring some kind of balance between rich and poor.

How it is possible;

if the new damage jewels are far inferior compare to para gems. How come people still have para gems if it was so hard to obtain? Do you think it's easier/cheaper to craft the highest level jewel?

As other suggested, damage/crit jewels should be comparable to para/eye if STS wants to bring some kind of balance between rich and poor. If not bring back the Para and eye gems.

After seeing your frustrating reply Fibus. I am loosing my hope of balance in this expansion.

Haligali
06-15-2015, 10:46 AM

Thank you Fibus for listening.

Let me tell you my fears: A grand fire gem 6 dex - if i socket into an empty slot - gives 6 more damage in stats (with bonus damage calculated) at the current end game level. A second paracelsus gem 2.0 damage gives around 9.3 more damage in stats. If i take the grand fire gem example - 6 dex=6 damage - then a noble finesse jewel will give 8 dex=8 damage, this is close to a second para gem, which is good i think. However a noble chaos jewel with its 0.6 damage will give a how much 3-4 damage? This is far less than a noble finesse jewel and makes it completely useless.

Bluebatthing
06-15-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm beginning too think this whole time STS' plan to let the old gems "work themselves out of the game" only applies to the normal gems, it's only wishful thinking for us to expect paras/eyes to be replaced. I do hope I'm wrong.

Edward Coug
06-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Thank you Fibus for listening.

Let me tell you my fears: A grand fire gem 6 dex - if i socket into an empty slot - gives 6 more damage in stats (with bonus damage calculated) at the current end game level. A second paracelsus gem 2.0 damage gives around 9.3 more damage in stats. If i take the grand fire gem example - 6 dex=6 damage - then a noble finesse jewel will give 8 dex=8 damage, this is close to a second para gem, which is good i think. However a noble chaos jewel with its 0.6 damage will give a how much 3-4 damage? This is far less than a noble finesse jewel and makes it completely useless.

Exactly. Just scrap the damage jewels if you're going to make them useless. Why would anyone ever use one if they give less damage than the dex jewels?

Jazzi
06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Exactly. Just scrap the damage jewels if you're going to make them useless. Why would anyone ever use one if they give less damage than the dex jewels?

As of now same goes for the crit jewel and most probably the mana, health and armour jewels. The reason why this thread and the others which discuss this issue only bother to talk about the damage and somewhat about the crit jewel is that their lack of usefulness is staggering :) Both compared to the para/eye gems and to the main stat jewels.

A noble water gem gives less mana than a grand cursed skull gem?!? The cursed skull had at least the ability to leach health no matter how minuscule the chance was. I think everyone knows how many people use the BETTER cursed skulls ;).

Vediovis
06-15-2015, 02:34 PM

Disappointing. :crushed: I was looking forward to trying different combinations. Could these jewels at least be given a well enough boost so that if you have multiple damage, crit and armor jewels you could be almost equal to someone with multiple para, eye and reinforce gems? If not then I don't see the point of expanding the jewel system from just str/dex/int to other attributes.

Niixed
06-15-2015, 02:35 PM

Hi Fibus

Thanks for responding to our concerns, we appreciate you taking the time to address them.

Ok, here we go...

I disagree strongly, my chart is most definitely an apples-to-apples comparison. The moment any item hits market it doesn't matter that it came from a special event. It becomes just another commodity whose supply happens to be limited. Further, my chart is intentionally rough because its primary purpose was to convey to developers our perceptions and expectations as players. It was not about accuracy.

You are asking us to compare only dex/str/int gems to their equivalent jewels? What about the reinforced gems? Not only do armor jewels give us half the armor, they also don't grant a basic stat. You expect us to be ok with that even though it could take months of farming to obtain a noble!?!? It takes 1-2 days of farming arena to obtain a reinforced gem! If the development team thought that situation would be a-ok, they've got a perception vs reality gap equivalent in breadth to the Grand Cayon.

This game is about the social connections we make while we are having fun, akin to a sports league irl. Many of us have put a lot of free time and money into keeping AL fun and worth playing because we would REALLY like to keep those connections alive. We level-headed advocates are invested in the long term future of Arcane Legends, our interests align with STS' interest in keeping AL profitable. If we level-headed advocates tell you that you are about to screw the pooch on the Jewel System, I would hope it would be worth some truly serious consideration and not a 'yeah we might change that, we'll see,' like it's just another day at the office.

I don't understand the reluctance to make jewels awesome and exciting just because they are farmable. We aren't asking you to make it easy, we don't expect that. Make it hard, please, I encourage it! Why not let the basic stat cracked drop in normals, but let the other cracked drop in elites? Or, why not reduce the drop rate? In other words, why not further limit drop supply in some way if you're concerned about easy obtainability?

A lot of middle class players were looking forward to farming Jewels because, finally, here was something better than locked. If you don't make Jewels valuable, you are going to lose those players (some of whom are my game friends) very, very quickly - expansion or not.

intizamfamily888
06-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Not everybody can afford para gems, so sts just wanted to create a new gem to weaken the gap between para users and jewel users. Para gems are premium gems and jewels are always farmable. I mean sts won't give out things which are more op than gems which ppl spend real for it to farm. Sts need to earn money too. But if u want that farmable items have more power than these actual best gems, i think wont bring out any new events nor updatesin the near future. It's just a part of Sts' bussiness.

Ladysophie
06-15-2015, 04:16 PM

I think keeping this power gap between the crit/damage jewels and syrillax/para gems leaves unchanged the purposes they were introduced for. Many players will still never be able to reach the grounds certain others will stand at even if they work really hard (and there is lot of work to do in order to craft a noble jewel as it seems)

I have an idea what if crit & damage jewels were brought on semi competitive grounds with eyes&paras when the expansion goes live. Then next event you introduce better versions of eyes and paras, let those already in possession of ungemmed paras and eyes be allowed to upgrade theirs while the rest have to work for the upgraded gems.
Then after a while when the disparity caused by the event gems is too evident (like now) you could increment the levels of the jewels adding another class.

Cleanse and repeat each event.

Spell
06-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Just combined the damage and crit jewels into one type of jewel imo 1.0 dmg and .8 crit... Make those jewels only drop in elites like Archon rings.

Dalmony
06-16-2015, 05:01 PM

Limited time rewards should also have a limited time reign though... we do understand that exclusive items are going to offer a certain advantage to those who are able to obtain them, but this advantage should only be held for a finite amount of time.

I know a lot of players are not fans of this trend which has developed, where "hard work" grinding 4 bosses for 2-4 weeks during specific annual events is considered to be worth more than the hard work people put in for the other 9 months of the year grinding elites and the actual permanent game content.

Perhaps it is time to consider making any items which are offered as event rewards not quite so OP that it becomes impossible to bring out better items without breaking the whole game.... a little forward planning and item/stats forecasting would be all that was needed :)

The things we earn in events should be treats (like the cupid vanity or nilbog) rather than the be all and end all of the game for whole rest of the season and possibly the next. These rewards should be handy to have, but not necessary to the point where anyone who missed that event is disadvantaged for an entire year and more >.<

Meanwhile the best items which are going to sit on top and be required in order to be on a level playing field should be available to players for players to work on and earn all year round.

Para gems in particular are now 8 months old, and leaving them as the most powerful and unrivalled gem in the new expansion will put its life span at the top way beyond what is reasonable for a discontinued item.

crudmudgeon
06-16-2015, 08:57 PM

Farming a Noble of ANY Jewel will be A WHOLE LOT MORE WORK than I went through to get a couple Para stones... Your logic is flawed sir...

Fredystern
06-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Im not agree if sts will add more damage to a jewel because it will make equipment with para stone become cheap, if sts add more damage to jewel, maybe rogue will become queen in pvp, warrior will hard to win from rogue in 1v1. Sts is already kind to us by giving us change to make a jewel that bit same with para stone. Btw para stone is rare now. And i know the effects from para gems in our character will make para stone still abit expensive than damage jewel, but if there's a damage jewel of course para stone will cheaper than now! Think what will happend next if the damage in jewel raised again!!! Para stone will got replace by a jewel!!!!!! Remember that!! I dont want para stone or gems from event will cheapter than a jewel that you can craft using essence!!!

kinzmet
06-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Farming a Noble of ANY Jewel will be A WHOLE LOT MORE WORK than I went through to get a couple Para stones... Your logic is flawed sir...

True but you missed out the "limited time reward". Because its limited time only the numbers of those items can be manage until the time runs its course. Unlike noble Jewels which can be crafted and farmed continously. And also take note that the jewels can be removed from the gear making it an steady growing number of piece in the game. So, Fibus logic isn't flawed they are not apple-to-apple comparison.