PDA

View Full Version : My opinions on Auto Level 41

blaze5786
06-14-2015, 03:19 AM
I go against this! I think it will plummet prices of items and wipe away the overall game experience.

Comment below if you go against this too because me, I don't like this.

Erebos
06-14-2015, 03:23 AM
its only for test server it wont effect aur real game

Amandalovey
06-14-2015, 03:29 AM
Yea no auto lvl 40 we who have achieved lvl 41by lvling knows how to play if everyone gets to pay to win what's the point off playing?

Erebos
06-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Yea no auto lvl 40 we who have achieved lvl 41by lvling knows how to play if everyone gets to pay to win what's the point off playing?

its just for test server it does not effects aur real game they get lvl 41 only here when test server is over they will get bck to their normal lvls

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 03:45 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237394-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Sneak-Peek-Upgrade-to-Level-41
its just for test server it does not effects aur real game they get lvl 41 only here when test server is over they will get bck to their normal lvls

Arachnophobik
06-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Im pretty sure its for the real game. I like the idea tho. A lot of people just farm wt4 and kt over and over again anyways. This will totally save a lot of hassle. Lots of pink gears below endgane are worth trash unless its a collector's item/twink gear. Lots of ppl end up as newbies in endgame true, but hey arent we all? People learn at some point anyways, lots of players dont even reach cap due to boredom of farming tombs over and over, therefore they never get to try and learn how to do endgame content i.e. elites and endgame pvp

merch_master
06-14-2015, 05:10 AM
Im pretty sure its for the real game. I like the idea tho. A lot of people just farm wt4 and kt over and over again anyways. This will totally save a lot of hassle. Lots of pink gears below endgane are worth trash unless its a collector's item/twink gear. Lots of ppl end up as newbies in endgame true, but hey arent we all? People learn at some point anyways, lots of players dont even reach cap due to boredom of farming tombs over and over, therefore they never get to try and learn how to do endgame content i.e. elites and endgame pvp
But what about those that get intimidated by this. At 41, stuff like arena and tombs need so much experience at gaming, while here will be people who dont know what an auction house is -.-
And when will they learn? on which map? Leveling is an experience and an integral part of mmorpgs, the countless numbet of friends i made with fellow clueless gamers in wt4 during those early days will all be lost?
so everything upto tindirin will be run just for APs. All that beautiful content and design, never actually experienced.
Putting a guy who just picked up the game in league with someone with 40-50m and months of gaming? that'll surely encourage him to try the game
Any future player base increase will be killed by this, im certain

Arachnophobik
06-14-2015, 06:14 AM
True true :/ ok how about this.. The option only becomes available.... If the user has two or more endgame accounts! Basically the feature is only available for alts? Eh eh? Anyone?

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Limiting auto level to players who have at least one level 41 character would be a great idea. Otherwise there will be even worse pug parties than there are now. Leveling up teaches you the basics that you will need for end game content.

Otherwise we will have mages who don't dodge red zones and heal, Warriors who can't tank and rogues trying to tank. Could get really ugly for pug parties.

Mr K
06-14-2015, 06:20 AM
auto lvl will cause even less player in lower maps as it is already.
xp quests like player can get from the npc in stonghold that give u 300xp are nice, why not more of xp quests instead of auto lvl.

Onepiedead
06-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Most players quit during lvling, since there is no actual storyline in this game, just daily quests. I think it's a good idea with auto lvling, perhaps elite maps will be filled with players for once.

Madnex
06-14-2015, 06:41 AM
The main plan is to attract more players closer to endgame, not help players with already capped toons to level up alts; that's secondary. So no, it's not a good suggestion to only offer this for accounts with one or more capped toons already. They will still have to go through 30k XP to 45 and if the elite level takes 10x XP as usual... either way, that's way more than enough time to learn the ropes.

Dex Scene
06-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Limiting this offer to only people who already have a level 41 toon in that email login, would be acceptable.

Befs
06-14-2015, 08:11 AM
How about a mod comments on this please?

And as far as I knew, there will be no such thing as auto level in the real game and the ppl who did it in the test server will go back to their previous level.

Edit:

Never mind I missed the post in announcements
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237394-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Sneak-Peek-Upgrade-to-Level-41

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Hopefully it's around 750-1000 plat to auto level. At least sts can make money from all the inexperienced players that will be running these new stages. I'm just glad I solo normal stages with this happening.

Trojan2100
06-14-2015, 09:18 AM

Yep, definitely agree with you on this on. If they do decide to put this option I'm all for it. I see a few ppl here talking about game experience and blah blah blah lol. What they are really saying is they don't like to see others succeed. If this option helps new players stay on longer and enjoy what Al is all about I'm all in. Grinding day after day most of the time you can't even find a party that's not going to attract any new players, most get burned out before hitting 41. I would love to see some new faces in Al, instead of raging something that will benefit a lot of people let's help them out. Isn't that what guild is for?

Dex Scene
06-14-2015, 09:25 AM
How about a mod comments on this please?

And as far as I knew, there will be no such thing as auto level in the real game and the ppl who did it in the test server will go back to their previous level.

Test server makes you auto capped level. But we here not talking about test server. Its obvious we should be auto capped in test server in order to test endgame stuffs. Noone said nothing against it. But we are talking about the feature auto level to 41 which gonna be implemented in game (i.e real server).
Take a look.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=237394

It's for the test server.
No mention of it being in the current live game.

Thread:
Help test the new Rage of Ren'gol Expansion | The Public Test Server is LIVE! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237065-Help-Test-the-New-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Expansion-The-Public-Test-Server-is-LIVE!)

Noone cares about auto capping in test server.
Its obvious to get auto capped in test server to test endgame stuffs in test server.
What we're talking about is the new feature in game which gonna be introduced.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=237394

Tatman
06-14-2015, 09:41 AM
I see no problem with this feature. I even find it good for the game's overall health. A lot of people quit due to the absurdly boring levelling process, especially the moronic 40-to-41 xp gap. Now, instead, more people will just jump to 41 and enjoy the newest content. More people in game, more money for the company. Win-win.

As for the concerns that there will be people who are unskilled/unprepared/whatever: Are the people power levelling in wt4/kt3 skilled and prepared?

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 10:32 AM
I see no problem with this feature. I even find it good for the game's overall health. A lot of people quit due to the absurdly boring levelling process, especially the moronic 40-to-41 xp gap. Now, instead, more people will just jump to 41 and enjoy the newest content. More people in game, more money for the company. Win-win.

As for the concerns that there will be people who are unskilled/unprepared/whatever: Are the people power levelling in wt4/kt3 skilled and prepared?

You know that Level 45-46 will still have that huge exp gap. Every cap level has that. The auto level feature won't help them get the cap banner that comes with all that leveling.

As for the people power leveling, unless you are leveling with them they won't effect you at high levels. Having people running around at level 41 with no clue how to play will. I'll be soloing unless I know the people for sure now.

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 10:51 AM
This is why you join a guild....

Titanium
06-14-2015, 11:01 AM
In my honest opinion. I'm agreeing 100% with the autolevel . I know people who actually have ring + nekro and they don't have any idea how to snipe in pvp and pull in pve. And I personally don't bother to be curious about others knowledge in the game. Their loss OUR win ! Who wants to learn is here to start now who doesn't want to learn is free to hang in cities and talk with friends.

Serancha
06-14-2015, 11:31 AM
So people reach level 41 and have a set of epic gear, where all the other players have mythics and arcanes.

How is this helpful to the new guy? He won't be able to find a party to run anything with. He missed out of a whole ton of runs where he could have made and sold gems/jewels for cash - not to mention all the quests and the entire experience of the game.

Will this autolevel become to 46 when the new cap hits? Will they remove the entire experience of the expansion by letting people plat their way up? It's just so wrong in so many ways.

I can guarantee that more people quit because of end-game boredom than do because it takes effort to level up. With caps lasting well over a year, all sts is doing here is shooting themselves in the foot. There will be a whole new rash of threads about how elites are too hard "for the average player" because the average gear quality at end game will be substantially lower.

Of course this is all dependent on how much plat they are charging for the service, but the concept itself is not going to be beneficial to either the community or keeping people in the game long-term. People need more things to work for, not less.

Zeus
06-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Whoa whoa,

This auto-level is a GOOD thing. I think many players are forgetting that it still takes 6k per level from L41 to L46. Players can a lot very quickly in those levels. The reason for this auto-level is that if anyone has even attempted to level a fresh character at this stage of the game, you pretty much have to level solo. There's very little player retention due to the way that leveling is set up.

This is why I suggested months ago some sort of function like this exists. I think 30k XP is more than enough to teach players how to play to some extent.

Befs
06-14-2015, 11:58 AM
You know that Level 45-46 will still have that huge exp gap. Every cap level has that. The auto level feature won't help them get the cap banner that comes with all that leveling.

As for the people power leveling, unless you are leveling with them they won't effect you at high levels. Having people running around at level 41 with no clue how to play will. I'll be soloing unless I know the people for sure now.

Actually I don't think that's true in this instance, at the test server it's currently only 9k between 45 and 46, because they spread out the xp higher for each level.

Serancha
06-14-2015, 11:59 AM
I think many players are forgetting that it still takes 6k per level from L41 to L46.

Many players aren't on the test server, and I don't believe the experience required for all the new levels has been discovered yet - ie: 45-46 will be what? 60K?

Besides which, those may not even be the real numbers. In the Winter event, the tier requirements changed a ton when they launched it. I still don't see how arriving at level 41 with no gold or gear is going to be beneficial to the players who do it. Would you be volunteering to level up to 46 with a guy wearing epics or crate legendaries?

Befs
06-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Yes, because they know how to pull mobs, understand their skills, and work with a party.

Iamsenpi
06-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Then what's the point of the courage kit... And ab and buying xp kits with plat lol

Trojan2100
06-14-2015, 12:13 PM

How is auto lveling to 41 winning anything? " we who have achieved lvl 41by lvling knows how to play " really? Than why somany ppl fail Arean and planar tomb?

Titanium
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
A friend of mine started playing again. She spent tons of gold to level up to level 35 (atm) + she needs gear , she needs pots, she needs ankhs ,she needs time. The good gear doesn't drop at lower levels anymore, the pots are not free before you capped. Platinum compensates the time that some players don't have. From level 1 to level 40 it's only a waste of time.

STS needs to be paid somehow. The best gear in game will be much more cheaper than before. I don't know how you can make this game survive if you guys keep complain about everything.

griokadib
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Better auto lvl up to 40

Trojan2100
06-14-2015, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine started playing again. She spent tons of gold to level up to level 35 (atm) + she needs gear , she needs pots, she needs ankhs ,she needs time. The good gear doesn't drop at lower levels anymore, the pots are not free before you capped. Platinum compensates the time that some players don't have. From level 1 to level 40 it's only a waste of time.

STS needs to be paid somehow. The best gear in game will be much more cheaper than before. I don't know how you can make this game survive if you guys keep complain about everything.

First you made some good argument there . Second best gear won't be cheap doesn't matter if it's 10m down to 1m there is no way to make gold without plat. Only few percentage of the population can farm these tough dungeons , look at how many ppl have Imbue gears now . I only met two people with imbue this entire time I've been playing Al.

Zeus
06-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Many players aren't on the test server, and I don't believe the experience required for all the new levels has been discovered yet - ie: 45-46 will be what? 60K?

Besides which, those may not even be the real numbers. In the Winter event, the tier requirements changed a ton when they launched it. I still don't see how arriving at level 41 with no gold or gear is going to be beneficial to the players who do it. Would you be volunteering to level up to 46 with a guy wearing epics or crate legendaries?

41-46 takes 6k per level if I am not mistaken.

Titanium
06-14-2015, 12:46 PM
First you made some good argument there . Second best gear won't be cheap doesn't matter if it's 10m down to 1m there is no way to make gold without plat. Only few percentage of the population can farm these tough dungeons , look at how many ppl have Imbue gears now . I only met two people with imbue this entire time I've been playing Al.

I think you just answered your own concerns. People who have a main character a warrior can level up a rogue ( much faster ) with this new feature. If you are rogue in an active guild you get invitation instantly to a party full of dps.

Generally speaking , people first thought about anything what's new is to complain. Is human nature after all. It takes takes time to understand the importance of these changes.

UnnamedGuy
06-14-2015, 01:00 PM
You can lvl by yourself even on test server...

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 01:11 PM
So much for end game towns being beggar free anymore lol. Gonna be a ton of poor end game players begging. The New town is gonna be like outpost.

Titanfall
06-14-2015, 01:15 PM

Its been discovered and goes like this (approx)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Serancha
06-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Its been discovered and goes like this (approx)

So they took out the 10x requirement for elite cap? Either that or these are just test server xp levels, and it will change when they launch. Going to be a lot of bored people within a week if it is that easy to reach 46.

Titanfall
06-14-2015, 01:30 PM
So they took out the 10x requirement for elite cap? Either that or these are just test server xp levels, and it will change when they launch. Going to be a lot of bored people within a week if it is that easy to reach 46.
Not really easy, its near enough the exact same as 36-41. Last expansion was 2.7k 2.7k 2.7k 2.7 27k which totals 37,800. This expansion is 6k 7k 7k 8k 9k which totals 37k. So its just spread out between all the levels.

Archerios
06-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Disagree with it.Leveling to 41 is not that long.
Think about how a new fresh player suddenly lvl up to 41.Unprepared especially with those epic gears that you got.I have no idea why we got epic gears when if you really want people to enjoy the new content we should at least got legendary set so we can survive.
Those boss might be easy for those who have mythic and arcane or for those who have played for a while,but for those new fresh player without any clue of what to do they will find it too hard.Spending their gold just to buy pot and broke.At the end they will leave this game.
No Pain No Gain,right? :)

Xorrior
06-14-2015, 01:54 PM
I keep on reading people saying ... Levelling up gives experience. No it doesn't! It does nothing of the sort! You're in either wt4 or kt4 forever and a day grinding, it's the most boring experience ever. People like me want to play the game, enjoy the levels.

Playing the game, finding strategies to take down mobs and bosses more efficiently gives experience, and not running around in circles in WT4. If you're worried about being in a nab party then join a guild, if you're in a guild and still complaining about nab parties then join a better guild!

Serancha
06-14-2015, 02:04 PM
I keep on reading people saying ... Levelling up gives experience. No it doesn't! It does nothing of the sort! You're in either wt4 or kt4 forever and a day grinding, it's the most boring experience ever. People like me want to play the game, enjoy the levels.

Playing the game, finding strategies to take down mobs and bosses more efficiently gives experience, and not running around in circles in WT4. If you're worried about being in a nab party then join a guild, if you're in a guild and still complaining about nab parties then join a better guild!

Not everybody uses tombs to level. I didn't even enter one until my third season.

Serancha
06-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Not really easy, its near enough the exact same as 36-41. Last expansion was 2.7k 2.7k 2.7k 2.7 27k which totals 37,800. This expansion is 6k 7k 7k 8k 9k which totals 37k. So its just spread out between all the levels.

Wonder what the point of changing it to this is.

Xorrior
06-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Not everybody uses tombs to level. I didn't even enter one until my third season.

Try levelling from 1 to 41 without tombs now. You can easily level up to dead city without tombs. My Mage is stuck in level 25 because I hate grinding to just level up.

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide.

Auto level feature is just to help us bypass the tediousness of levelling up.

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Try levelling from 1 to 41 without tombs now. You can easily level up to dead city without tombs. My Mage is stuck in level 25 because I hate grinding to just level up.

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide. So yes almost everybody levels up in Tombs.

I did it without using any tombs for all 3 of my mains. I used kraken, Nordr and tindrin maps for them all. I found tombs more boring than maps.

It's just gonna be sad when the new town has beggars like outpost. Camp was a good place to be rid of them.

Either way I'm not gonna be accepting random level 41 friend requests once this starts. At least I knew they put time in and were less likely to beg. Level 40s I know will have experience so I'll keep accepting those.

Xorrior
06-14-2015, 02:24 PM
I did it without using any tombs for all 3 of my mains. I used kraken, Nordr and tindrin maps for them all. I found tombs more boring than maps.

It's just gonna be sad when the new town has beggars like outpost. Camp was a good place to be rid of them.

Either way I'm not gonna be accepting random level 41 friend requests once this starts. At least I knew they put time in and were less likely to beg. Level 40s I know will have experience so I'll keep accepting those.

You must have more time on your hands than most if you used those maps to level all 3 toons.

If he/she can afford plat to level up then why will the person be begging ?

I run with guildies and I'm in a good guild, so random request is not an issue.

EDITED

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 02:36 PM
You must have more time on your hands than most if you used those maps to level all 3 toons.

Yes beggars are an issue and probably will be in the new town.

I run with guildies and I'm in a good guild, so random request is not an issue for me.

I play while at work so I get paid to level up. It really didn't take that long tho. Tombs aren't that much faster plus you have to find parties when leveling which wastes time.

My guild is amazing so no problem there I just used to accept random requests from high level players. Not anymore once this is in place.

The new town being filled with beggars is my biggest concern. A lot of new players with a high level toons and epic gear just creates more beggars than there are already. Plus you won't be able to hide from them anywhere anymore.

Time to pull out the poor outfit and put it in load outs again.

Xorrior
06-14-2015, 02:38 PM
I play while at work so I get paid to level up. It really didn't take that long tho. Tombs aren't that much faster plus you have to find parties when leveling which wastes time.

My guild is amazing so no problem there I just used to accept random requests from high level players. Not anymore once this is in place.

The new town being filled with beggars is my biggest concern. A lot of new players with a high level toons and epic gear just creates more beggars than there are already. Plus you won't be able to hide from them anywhere anymore.

Time to pull out the poor outfit and put it in load outs again.

I re- edited.

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 02:45 PM
I re- edited.

That depends on the amount of plat it's gonna cost. I'm hoping its a lot of plat so only real big spenders will use it. Then they won't beg because they still will spend more. If it's under 750 plat there will still be a lot of beggars that just spend all their money and plat for a max toon with epic gear and have nothing else.

Haligali
06-14-2015, 02:47 PM
The best way to lvl up currently is doing kraag tomb solo, i dont think there is much game experience learned in continuous tomb runs..

Wutzgood
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
The best way to lvl up currently is doing kraag tomb solo, i dont think there is much game experience learned in continuous tomb runs..

What about fighting the stage bosses along the way? I know some people get carried by high levels but the better players are the ones who beat the stages at the recommended levels. Auto level will allow them to access the new stages without ever fighting any old bosses.

I remember fighting hatley (I'm a Mage he was a warrior) with one other person. We were both level 17 and completely under leveled. Took over an hour to beat and by the time it was over my ability to dodge red zones had improved a lot.

They should have to beat previous stages to access new ones but beating those bosses at level 41 won't improve your skills anyway.

The idea is already gonna come anyway I just see more hurt than help with this.

I'm just glad it happened while I'm at the cap. If it had come when I started I may have gone for it and lost the skills I gained during that time. Just my thoughts tho.

Oursizes
06-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Yep, definitely agree with you on this on. If they do decide to put this option I'm all for it. I see a few ppl here talking about game experience and blah blah blah lol. What they are really saying is they don't like to see others succeed. If this option helps new players stay on longer and enjoy what Al is all about I'm all in. Grinding day after day most of the time you can't even find a party that's not going to attract any new players, most get burned out before hitting 41. I would love to see some new faces in Al, instead of raging something that will benefit a lot of people let's help them out. Isn't that what guild is for?

And play with maxed rogues with nekro that use sss razor veil and traps, mages with nekro that use curse shield lifegiver and gale? Or maxed tanks with nekro that use vb jugg axe and rally cry? Those players will infect end game elites like a virus.

Tatman
06-14-2015, 04:12 PM
You guys keep talking about beggars, poor people with epics and stuff like that, as if they don't exist at the moment. LOL? Camp is full of beggars. I get more random friend/trade requests in Camp than in any of the other towns. It's full of people with junk gear and virtually no gold.

You say auto levelling will cause people to miss the gold-making opportunities of playing the game as intended. LOL? There is no gold to be made while levelling. The only place, where you can actually make some gold, if you are a free player, is endgame. This is how this game works.

Auto levelling folks will miss the story. LOL? What story? We talking about AL or Baldur's Gate?

People levelling in crypts are more skilled and - I quote someone - "know the pulls". LOL?

More people quit due to endgame boredom than at low levels. Absolutely untrue for any game. A lot more people quit games long before they reach cap.

All in all, Arcane Legends is a game where you basically have two things to do - pvp and endgame elites. Actual playing I mean, chatting and showing off in towns not included. There is no story. There is no meaningful reward for completing quests - it's just some token gold and a few titles, which you can easily get when you hit cap anyway. There is nothing to farm while levelling, there is absolutely no gold to be made. Etc. etc. So, please.

Arachnophobik
06-14-2015, 05:37 PM
If the kit is on a decent plat price i doubt there will be beggars since most beggars dont even buy plats. Thousands of tomb runs and yes i became pro at wt4. Sadly nobody cares, what matters is if ur pro at running elites. Which is a whole new different story because most people dont do elites before they get to endgame anyways, so thats a whole new different ballgame than from my tomb experience. Then again, as the great ravager once said, skills doesnt take too long to earn in this game, gear does. And if i remember correctly, the great Ishxmeet's progress from a twink to a pro elite tank only took about a week or so. And besides, once these ppl level to 41, they mostly will get back into those bosses for the aps.

Serancha
06-14-2015, 06:27 PM

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide.

Auto level feature is just to help us bypass the tediousness of levelling up.

I said until my third season. Since I started in Season 1.... that's a lot of seasons since then. The point was that being a new player, you don't just jump in and start grinding tombs. You explore the maps and learn the game. To encourage people to skip this experience just seems like "hurry up and get to end game then wait for a year + for the next cap". What's the rush?

Maybe it's fine for people's alts, but the more undergeared toons there are at end game, the more people will be complaining about not being able to find a decent party.

kananaskis
06-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Several previous posts assert that there is lack of player retention due to the grind of levelling up; what is their source/documentation for this information? I don't doubt that this may be the case, but they just didn't cite any source for this claim.

Personally i enjoy the process of levelling up in rpgs. In AL i generally didn't run tombs but used normal maps to level both my endgame mage and rogue. It never felt tedious to me. This is because i enjoy the maps themselves.

I also enjoy trying different gear along the way; this includes the weapons as there are many unique designs and procs to try out at many levels.

That's me, so I wouldn't access an autolevel option if I were to create another toon intended for endgame.

Overweightank
06-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Idk if anyone said this yet. Can we please just make it that anyone who has a capped account, may make a toon and auto level to 41? Because only reason I want this is because I kinda wanna make a rogue, but I will not if I gotta farm all these tombs, They teach you nothing. And I get no money with it. We got free plat offers for that.

Culture
06-14-2015, 07:17 PM
I go against this! I think it will plummet prices of items and wipe away the overall game experience.

Comment below if you go against this too because me, I don't like this.
Agree

Culture

carmine_blade
06-15-2015, 03:40 AM
If the insta-lvl is necessary to generate income to cover all the new f2p stuff (farmable arcanes, for starters), then I'm all for it.

gumball3000
06-15-2015, 03:59 AM
Who in their right mind would think this is actually true? yes you can auto cap to 41 on the test server just so u can test all the new content .

Pandaxxo
06-15-2015, 05:07 AM
Who in their right mind would think this is actually true? yes you can auto cap to 41 on the test server just so u can test all the new content .

It will be implemented when the expansion is officially live.
Read back the thread by Remi: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237394-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Sneak-Peek-Upgrade-to-Level-41

jimbollido1
06-15-2015, 06:40 AM
I'm against this too..

gumball3000
06-15-2015, 07:25 AM
It will be implemented when the expansion is officially live.
Read back the thread by Remi: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?237394-Rage-of-the-Ren-gol-Sneak-Peek-Upgrade-to-Level-41

In this case i support what madnex says:

Guys, chill.

I think this is a good step, as long as the platinum price is reasonable for this. All those inexperienced players will have to go through a ton of XP to level up to 46 and participate in elites. In case you haven't noticed, it's around 6k XP just to get to L42.

The only negative (?) effect will be that PvE gear below L41 will severely drop in price. It's not like there was anything great there anyway though.

This change doesn't affect me or anyone else at all so i don't see a problem with it.

Candylicks
06-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Wonder if we will now see people at 41 asking where to buy potions and what the CS is! Hehe.

But really I think it's great doesn't bother me at all.

Ignore button is lifesaver.

Sorcerie
06-15-2015, 08:49 AM
My only complaint is that it will certainly kill the markets for lower level items and pets.

Any weaps and armors lower than 41 will either be a collectible or junk, and a good 2/3 of the pet roster will be 20k or less.

It'd be nice to get my warrior to 41 in a second tho, lol. Lord knows that the grind on a warrior is just awful.

Axesam
06-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Seriously, i just lol read that insta-lvl thing. Theres no online games ever exist with insta-lvl. All gamers know if they start play any games, they need to start from lv 1 and workin hard to level up their char while they do some quest, enjoy game story, meet new friend, find NPC, farming better gear for their lvl, etc. If that game is good, ppl will keep farming pve, open new map, fight new boss, etc. If that game isnt good, ppl will leave that game and try another game.

The point is, insta-lvl is not a solution to bring back AL to his golden era when AL stay on top mobile MMORPG (2013). Take a look at others game, if they think ppl bored with their game, they will launch new quest, new NPC, new etc and thats not just an event.

About tons of exp for reaching 46 lv, its not a big deal. If ppl said bored farming in wt4 / km3, just add a new map with better exp than both.
If u r too lazy to gain exp, play tetris, case closed.

Again, this is your game sts, so u have the right to make any decision but really... insta-lvl is a joke for any experienced gamers. Ah sorry u r a businessman not a gamers... my bad.

Edited : wow has insta lv 90 for $60, and thats their biggest mistake ever, lot of noob ruin that game after that. Tons of complain from their old player.

notfaded1
06-15-2015, 09:51 AM
If the insta-lvl is necessary to generate income to cover all the new f2p stuff (farmable arcanes, for starters), then I'm all for it.
Don't kid yourself...

Zylx
06-15-2015, 10:17 AM
I am 150% against this auto level feature. This is a game, its meant to be played. If you just auto level to 41, then you pretty much just skipped 90% of the game. People worked hard to level up to 41, and to have this feature included is a kick in the gut. Good PuGs will be a rarity. Taking the time to level up from 1 to 41 actually gave players enough understanding of the game to run the more the difficult maps. It was actually a fun experience and leveling up felt like such an accomplishment. Now that this is being taken away? Hmph, 90% the game is now in the trash.

Dex Scene
06-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Like someone said.. we will see level 41 dummy users.

Twinisland
06-15-2015, 11:23 AM
I am 150% against this auto level feature. This is a game, its meant to be played. If you just auto level to 41, then you pretty much just skipped 90% of the game. People worked hard to level up to 41, and to have this feature included is a kick in the gut. Good PuGs will be a rarity. Taking the time to level up from 1 to 41 actually gave players enough understanding of the game to run the more the difficult maps. It was actually a fun experience and leveling up felt like such an accomplishment. Now that this is being taken away? Hmph, 90% the game is now in the trash.
I say let them do it aslong as they have a lv 46 on the same account then it wouldn't be a big problem because people just powerlevel doing wt4 anyways

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Caabatric
06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
RIP
looks like I wont be able to PUG anymore........
I am against this

ClumsyCactus
06-15-2015, 11:55 AM
My opinions:

1. This is literally the same thing as that WoW expansion Where you could buy a endgame character for real Money.
Literally nobody in their entire community likes it, and everyone that does it is basically considered a noob forever.

2. The idea Where this is for alts would not benefit alot of people, as most of the people that plays so much that they feel like paying for plat is not a waste still has 3 endgame characters either Way, atleast thats what I've noticed.

3. Wow congrats sts now you basically removed the aspect of PUGGING in endgame, and might propably have removed pretty much all options to get a party to level in places like wt4. It is already hard enough for Low level toons...

Ssneakykills
06-15-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't agree with this auto cap they did a similar thing in order and chaos which you bought a package that auto capped you to the maximum level and those people that did had no clue how to run, quest, play and have general knowledge of the game. I could see this happening in the game and doing this will result in no runs in other maps except endgame as most will cap with plat rather than grind.

gumball3000
06-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Guys lets be real here, nobody posting here is puging elite maps in here. Please stop complaining because this change won't hurt you a bit.

You can always inspect the people you play with so if you see level 46 with 2k pve kills you don't have to run with him simple as that.

Serancha
06-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Like someone said.. we will see level 41 dummy users.

Herds of them, likely. Allowing for "one" toon to be leveled is a joke, since the majority of people put their alts on separate accounts - and dummy farmers would have to to be able to double (triple, quadruple) log.

Guys lets be real here, nobody posting here is puging elite maps in here. Please stop complaining because this change won't hurt you a bit.

You can always inspect the people you play with so if you see level 46 with 2k pve kills you don't have to run with him simple as that.

It's not about us.

How many people do you think will stick with the game, when after they have auto-leveled to 41, they have nobody who will party with them, nobody who wants a greenhorn in their guild, and they learn that they have to play solo until they have a decent amount of stats?

Visiting
06-15-2015, 12:54 PM
It seems like most of the people commenting here seem to think a large majority of the game population will be spending plat for this autolevel feature, which in all seriousness, isn't realistic! Let's assume it costs 300 play to level up, in dollars that's what? $40-50? How many new players are going to shell that cash out on a new game that they may or may not like? If the majority of players were to buy this, then I'd be against this plan of action, but, I don't see any real chances of that happening, so kudos to STS for making it easier for the people who spend money, it's not going to destroy the game, more than likely it'll help, since they're be plenty of new people buying items at endgame which will equal items inflation due to more demand and not enough supply of the new items.

Titanium
06-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Usually when something bothers me in game I say something about it here on forum. And i opened threads in the past and said exactly how i felt . But this autolevel is clearly not going to affect my living in this game. Why i should bother? STS gets supported and new players are going to be level 41. The players are not going to get a single item that worths millions if they are going to level up, it will be very hard for them to cap anyway without gold to spend on ankhs, pots and gear . Why do you care about others experience in AL? They are going to miss all the fun and the friends during their road from 1-41. Some people can call it cheatting, maybe it is... but are other cheats in this world that affects our real life living than a goddamned autolevel.

It's not any other MMORPG who lived and gets updated weekly like AL. I'm here because I understand now how hard is to make a game that has to survive for more than 3 years. And that's huge. Put yourself into their spot... would you work for free?

ClumsyCactus
06-15-2015, 01:53 PM
It seems like most of the people commenting here seem to think a large majority of the game population will be spending plat for this autolevel feature, which in all seriousness, isn't realistic! Let's assume it costs 300 play to level up, in dollars that's what? $40-50? How many new players are going to shell that cash out on a new game that they may or may not like? If the majority of players were to buy this, then I'd be against this plan of action, but, I don't see any real chances of that happening, so kudos to STS for making it easier for the people who spend money, it's not going to destroy the game, more than likely it'll help, since they're be plenty of new people buying items at endgame which will equal items inflation due to more demand and not enough supply of the new items.

I don't know about everyone Else, but in all games i have previously played Where the game got a update that suddenly lets you skip all the training and grinding, it has never been POSITIVE.
Although, there propably wont be much of a problem for anyone until the events come...
That's when the lvl 41 noobs will strike, and make PUGs impossible, and most likely the few Who Finds their Way to watchers tomb to farm energy will die in there...

Oursizes
06-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Looks like friends list will get bigger for pt and ignore list will be larger too. As carmine said, good chance this is because arcanes will be farmable now. The one main thing that will be ruined is pugs for reg maps. Will now be full of afkers and sss rogues begging for mana. We will have to make parties to even do pugs or solo them. But if it means being able to compete with plat buyers by all means go for it sts.

Titanium
06-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Why not to skip only 15 levels (of their own choice) per character. Just in case the new players to not miss the "fun". win/win

mesalin
06-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Limiting this offer to only people who already have a level 41 toon in that email login, would be acceptable.
Agree

I'm so fresh

Dalmony
06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
I find this idea a good one too and I totally support it - for them to implement something like this, STS must be having a problem with many new players not actually seeing the game through to cap level- levelling up a bit and then getting bored and putting down the game never to return... if that trend continues it will lead to the game dying.

Less people sticking it through to endgame = less people buying plat and becoming long term investors in the game = the game eventually not bringing in enough money to make it worth developing expansions for... we all know what happened to Pocket Legends (development cost began to outweigh revenue from the game so development was stopped.)

This solution will help keep the community at end game alive: as people leave the game a steady flow of people will replace them, and this boost will hopefully keep the game accessible for casual players who want to just pick up a game and get right into it.

Let's not forget that the boost will not take the players all the way to the "elite" cap. It will simply allow new players to join us in the most relevant and current content where they will then have to level from 41 - 46 (no small feat from the looks of the required xp and more than enough time to be learning the mechanics of the game and of their chosen class).

Additionally.... we feel that we have learned by "levelling up" but realistically, most of the things we learn about build, auction, trade, game an map mechanics an so forth, we have learned that at the "end games" we have played along the way. It is the length of time we have spent playing the game which has lead us to the experience and knowledge we have not the fact that we played hermit in the tombs to rush through 5 levels at the start of each new expansion.

Finally - depending on the price, I can't see this idea suddenly introducing hoards of people boosting to level 41 for real life money... old players and regular plat spenders are likely to do this for alts but, a brand new face who has just downloaded the game and is immediately presented with "pay real money to hop up levels"... well that is a double edged sword as to whether they say yeah ok and take the bait, or whether they say "omg this game is obviously pay2win" and delete it straight away.

Dalmony
06-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Looks like friends list will get bigger for pt and ignore list will be larger too. As carmine said, good chance this is because arcanes will be farmable now. The one main thing that will be ruined is pugs for reg maps. Will now be full of afkers and sss rogues begging for mana. We will have to make parties to even do pugs or solo them. But if it means being able to compete with plat buyers by all means go for it sts.

The people who choose to BUY PLAT for this option.... are not very likely to buy real life currency for a game and then get to cap level and just stand around begging in town, or annoying other players. They are more likely to BUY MORE PLAT and then open locked, or buy straight gold, or quickly find out what to buy for plat and sell for gold, then gear up to become more OP than most of us here XD

People who pay money for games are usually the ones who are serious about playing the game... they are likely to be quite savvy gamers who simply ask others and learn the ropes pretty quickly.

Let's not forget that this option is not just totally free to anyone who feels like doing it.

Caabatric
06-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Quick Story:
I was pugging elite wilds with a war, mage, rogue, and myself(mage)
All of us were average geared so we got to the boss at 12 minutes parked the 2 guards when the war said kelvin.
This was around the time of planar tomb release and the Kelvin stun strategy very popular for average PUG parties.
(none of us used kelvin except the war)
Once the boss was dead the war called us noobs and left.

This is the difference between theoretical knowledge and knowledge through experience.
Now I am sure that player had read somewhere on the forums the kelvin stun strategy and how to park. He was also somewhat skilled at being a warrior.
Now imagine that same player, he wont know how to use horn, he would ram into huge #'s of mobs that he can't handle, he wouldn't keep aggro, and he would split up the mobs...

The argument that 30k xp is enough to figure out the ropes of the game is not true for many players. At level 1 these players are able to be guided by players to learn about builds, strategy etc.... Very few players will be willing to help out a level 41 with basics of the game. Most players will just read str, dex, int and say, "Strength is important to survive. Dex is important just to avoid attacks. Int is important for targeting mobs. Hmmmm since I can point my char in the direction that eliminates use for int. Lets just build super tanky since dodging is probably hard."(This is what I first thought when I first leveled up) Now imagine if this is a mage or rogue..... Imagine a rogue upgrading some of the glitched skills... Imagine a mage not charging any attacks..... This is all quite viable and very few people will give these people instruction on how to play, instead they will be mocked, made fun of, and ignored.
Please refer to the "When you were knew...." thread I think by Zylx to see what you are in store for as PUG's

Dalmony
06-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Whether that person has paid to get 5 levels from cap or not, they are still going to have to wait til they actually cap to learn elite strategy, because nobody actually uses those strategies in normal dungeons anyway.
How often do we see people parking the Elite guards in normal wilds? I personally never have...

I think the steepest learning curve for any player hits when they reach a level cap for the first time.

From the way people are talking youd think that currently, new players reach cap level and enter elites with a perfect build and amazing tactics which clearly is not the case.

Tatman
06-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Let's be honest now. No-one here spends their time ingame teaching random low level players how to run endgame elites or which skills are bugged. The odds of learning anything useful (useful for endgame) while levelling are close to zero. Who exactly will teach a level 13 warrior how to park the guards in elite Wilds? Another level 13 from one of their levelling pugs? :)

It's much more likely to hone your endgame skills, um.. at endgame.

Caabatric
06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Whether that person has paid to get 5 levels from cap or not, they are still going to have to wait til they actually cap to learn elite strategy, because nobody actually uses those strategies in normal dungeons anyway.
How often do we see people parking the Elite guards in normal wilds? I personally never have...

I think the steepest learning curve for any player hits when they reach a level cap for the first time.

From the way people are talking youd think that currently, new players reach cap level and enter elites with a perfect build and amazing tactics which clearly is not the case.

However, by leveling up you learn how to use your skills (charge uncharge etc.), to an extent what skills to use, how to kite, and basic mechanics of the game.

Also, when most people enter elites they start at the very basics and go around with guildies. I personally wouldn't invite a level 41 with epic gear into my guild unless they were truly polite and willing to learn.... (may be a bit selfish but most people would agree with me here)

This level 41 wont know that pets give bonus stats, how to obtain pets, what the cs is...
These basic things can be picked up in the 30k sure, but still starting out will be rough for them, much harder than it would have been if they had started the game with normal progression. I do agree that going the way from 1-46 will be unnecessary however I still feel more time to learn the more subtle mechanics of the game will be required.

Dex Scene
06-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Usually when something bothers me in game I say something about it here on forum. And i opened threads in the past and said exactly how i felt . But this autolevel is clearly not going to affect my living in this game. Why i should bother? STS gets supported and new players are going to be level 41. The players are not going to get a single item that worths millions if they are going to level up, it will be very hard for them to cap anyway without gold to spend on ankhs, pots and gear . Why do you care about others experience in AL? They are going to miss all the fun and the friends during their road from 1-41. Some people can call it cheatting, maybe it is... but are other cheats in this world that affects our real life living than a goddamned autolevel.

It's not any other MMORPG who lived and gets updated weekly like AL. I'm here because I understand now how hard is to make a game that has to survive for more than 3 years. And that's huge. Put yourself into their spot... would you work for free?

Lets not talk about working for free or keeping a game alive for 3 years cuz thats not the point of this thread .

It doesn't bother you. Fine. Chillex.
It bothers some people. Let them have their opinions.

We don't know yet if the price is going to be cheap for auto leveling. Same way we don't know if its gonna be costly either.

If the auto leveling is affordable, pugs gonna die in low level.
Endgamers will have bitter experience in pug than they ever had.
A game without good pug gonna be very bad experience for the people who don't have lots of friends.

People will do events in twink levels more and more and if the lb consists only endgamers they will level up to 41 in no time.

Dummy users, blockers will be more in endgame pvp.

Leveling up to 41 was an achievement. Not now anymore.

Whats next?
We can buy pve kills with plats?
Yes please it wont hamper our playing experience if they do so why bother.

Caabatric
06-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Let's be honest now. No-one here spends their time ingame teaching random low level players how to run endgame elites or which skills are bugged. The odds of learning anything useful (useful for endgame) while levelling are close to zero. Who exactly will teach a level 13 warrior how to park the guards in elite Wilds? Another level 13 from one of their levelling pugs? :)

It's much more likely to hone your endgame skills, um.. at endgame.

Well since your in a endgame guild maybe you dont do this but our previous guild would always help players in our guild with builds, strategies and learning the mechanics of the game if one so desired to ask in chat. That said you have just proven my point. Your guild Enigimatic does a test run before allowing anyone join if your recruitment is the same. Would you invite that undergeared inexperienced level 41 to join your guild?

Disclaimer: <Enigimatic> has proven themselves to be a great pve guild in my eyes so please dont think of this as insulting the guild in any way.

ClumsyCactus
06-16-2015, 03:36 AM
Lets not talk about working for free or keeping a game alive for 3 years cuz thats not the point of this thread .

We don't know yet if the price is going to be cheap for auto leveling. Same way we don't know if its gonna be costly either.

A game without good pug gonna be very bad experience for the people who don't have lots of friends.

People will do events in twink levels more and more and if the lb consists only endgamers they will level up to 41 in no time.

Whats next?

Too much trueness in one post tbh!

Hail
06-16-2015, 04:32 AM
So basically what I am reading is most of you want these new players to effortlessly grind maps/tombs and such continuously over and over - killing thousands of enemys just like you did? I do forward this motion of the auto boost to whatever the level is (41 right?). Why spend all this time, money on pots and hassle finding a decent team for tombs/bosses when you can easily get a head start in the game.
Of course the veterans can be angry. But what I conclude is you had to level to 16 - you got a break. Level to 21 - you got a break. Level to 26...and so on. There is a difference from making up these small levels than 1-46. It already is A LOT of xp.
All in all it should be an option for anyone.

If you are willing to spend money opening locked to get "rich" or to get "the best items" how is that different to spending money to save yourself time, gold and other struggles.

Titanium
06-16-2015, 06:02 AM

Whats next?

I tried last night to go with my alt in wt4 to remember how hard is to level up. And last time i leveled up a toon i did it without a party because it slows me down. And now i tried a different aproach I waited people to join. After i spammed 200 pots at the middle of the map some mage pulled 10000 mobs and all we died and then they all left. I was there alone like i was there one year ago when i was capping my my other toons.

Ask people who are pvping/pving back in season 3 or 4 about gear vs skill. If you have gear you will get invited everywhere event,elites even in pvp if you don't have any idea how to charge aim. You are their man... maybe they would make you an officer in their guild after a week. Skill was bought with gold for 3 seasons and counting.
People who actually know to pvp/pve have super arcane rarity. Why i'm telling you this? Because some people have no idea how to pve/pvp after one year playing and trust me i was there same like everyone else. Capping won't make you a guru in AL.

The autolevel feature was introduce on the forum same how nekro was introduce and every samael user started to whine why samael it won't be a king anymore since he appeared in Arlor in season 4. Nobody likes to be the third wheel of a car.

If some people are bothered and want to be helpful just don't try to "chew" same thought given by one person. Find a solution how to make it happen and will be more appropriate for you and for sts. I think it's good enough to skip only 15 levels, imo ! I'm not here to argue with you or anyone. I'm here to express how I feel about the autolevel. And take my word for it

Tatman
06-16-2015, 07:01 AM
Well since your in a endgame guild maybe you dont do this but our previous guild would always help players in our guild with builds, strategies and learning the mechanics of the game if one so desired to ask in chat. That said you have just proven my point. Your guild Enigimatic does a test run before allowing anyone join if your recruitment is the same. Would you invite that undergeared inexperienced level 41 to join your guild?

Disclaimer: <Enigimatic> has proven themselves to be a great pve guild in my eyes so please dont think of this as insulting the guild in any way.
I haven't always been in Enigmatic (or in an endgame guild in general), so this is a moot point.

There is no point arguing any longer, I think we all said what we wanted to say about this. So I'll just answer your question. Yes, I would invite that undergeared inexperienced level 41, as long as they are willing to listen and learn. And no, this is not in theory, this is something I have actually done. I have never been and will never be in a guild where having high-end gear is a requirement to join.

Candylicks
06-16-2015, 07:04 AM
I haven't always been in Enigmatic (or in an endgame guild in general), so this is a moot point.

There is no point arguing any longer, I think we all said what we wanted to say about this. So I'll just answer your question. Yes, I would invite that undergeared inexperienced level 41, as long as they are willing to listen and learn. And no, this is not in theory, this is something I have actually done. I have never been and will never be in a guild where having high-end gear is a requirement to join.

Not to mention tat been playing as a nab pink-geared mage n our guild for months now and pwning elites the whole time too.

Oursizes
06-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Not to mention tat been playing as a nab pink-geared mage n our guild for months now and pwning elites the whole time too.

I can back this too. Before the market crashed entirely, I would run with tat on his mage and rogue. Mage would always have mobs stunned or rooted, and on rogue it would be extremely quick kills. Even in arena we would always try figuring out different ways to make different bosses/environments less of an ankh burn

wvhills
06-16-2015, 08:10 AM
They did the same thing in Pocket Legends when the humania expansion came out. In a last ditch effort to save the game they gave anyone who had spent a certain amount in the game (I think $50 but may be wrong) a free pass to endgame. It ultimately didn't work because they didn't do anything to address what caused those players to quit in the first place (namely, elixirs).

Keep in mind when you pay money for a game you are paying for entertainment. You may feel that other people are being given something you have earned but you still have the memories/camaraderie you gained with leveling (and that's what you are paying for, entertainment). For years I've been advocating for an option to buy levels. There's way to much grinding in sts games for me. First you have to grind in tombs (the same maps for the last two years) then you grind more to get ur gear. All the mmo's I have played have a lot of grinding in them but the difference is the others are open world. There's only so many times I can run the same exact maps over and over before it becomes like a job rather than fun.

Also, don't try to over complicate how much skill it takes to master a class. Most end game builds and techniques are the same. It's not really that complicated learning each class. It's something that can be learned in a few runs.

Caabatric
06-16-2015, 12:35 PM
I tried last night to go with my alt in wt4 to remember how hard is to level up. And last time i leveled up a toon i did it without a party because it slows me down. And now i tried a different aproach I waited people to join. After i spammed 200 pots at the middle of the map some mage pulled 10000 mobs and all we died and then they all left. I was there alone like i was there one year ago when i was capping my my other toons.

Ask people who are pvping/pving back in season 3 or 4 about gear vs skill. If you have gear you will get invited everywhere event,elites even in pvp if you don't have any idea how to charge aim. You are their man... maybe they would make you an officer in their guild after a week. Skill was bought with gold for 3 seasons and counting.
People who actually know to pvp/pve have super arcane rarity. Why i'm telling you this? Because some people have no idea how to pve/pvp after one year playing and trust me i was there same like everyone else. Capping won't make you a guru in AL.

The autolevel feature was introduce on the forum same how nekro was introduce and every samael user started to whine why samael it won't be a king anymore since he appeared in Arlor in season 4. Nobody likes to be the third wheel of a car.

If some people are bothered and want to be helpful just don't try to "chew" same thought given by one person. Find a solution how to make it happen and will be more appropriate for you and for sts. I think it's good enough to skip only 15 levels, imo ! I'm not here to argue with you or anyone. I'm here to express how I feel about the autolevel. And take my word for it

Agree with the bold.

Dalmony
06-16-2015, 03:52 PM
However, by leveling up you learn how to use your skills (charge uncharge etc.), to an extent what skills to use, how to kite, and basic mechanics of the game.

Also, when most people enter elites they start at the very basics and go around with guildies. I personally wouldn't invite a level 41 with epic gear into my guild unless they were truly polite and willing to learn.... (may be a bit selfish but most people would agree with me here)

This level 41 wont know that pets give bonus stats, how to obtain pets, what the cs is...
These basic things can be picked up in the 30k sure, but still starting out will be rough for them, much harder than it would have been if they had started the game with normal progression. I do agree that going the way from 1-46 will be unnecessary however I still feel more time to learn the more subtle mechanics of the game will be required.

The basic mechanics of the game - the ones which people use during their levelling days, are really quite simple. Learning these extremely simple "non end-game" ropes of Arlor requires nothing more than just pointing these things out... Most more complex aspects of gameplay are learned at endgame, where the real fun starts (hence why giving people a bit of a boost in getting there might actually end with more players sticking with the game...).

A very easy solution to all of this: Create an extended tutorial for first toons: this tutorial would include the basics as it does now... you learn to attack and loot and equip gear right at the start, to charge your attacks for more damage, to summon pets from the stable and to take and turn in quests in the tutorial arc on your first passage through the brackenridge area anyway.

Two things really could be added:

1. A "tutorial" where everyone auto drops an egg from the first boss, followed by a "click me click here oh wow you looted a pet, now try
opening it" type dialogue (The betty quest shows us the stable but is a bit of a fail egg tutorial since it in no way shows where eggs
actually come from.)

2. A zoom in on the CS on arrival in Outpost (like the pan in shots which explain the allies, the plat store, the watchers tombs, and
the bard quests). Perhaps even a tutorial on how CS works since its no longer super intuitive and simple as it was when the game was
first created and might be the one thing new peeps might broken down for them a bit more. (though other members of the human race do
often have more intelligence than we give them credit for... I've even heard that they are often *shock* just as intelligent as us!! :-O) Lol
:)

Once a player arrives in Travellers Outpost and completes the tutorial phase, THEN they would be presented with the option to level up manually, or skip to level 41.

They will then have learned these basics, and will spend their time levelling from 41 -> 46 applying them.

Once they hit cap after manually gaining 40,000xp and having a little bit of time to grasp the extremely difficult concept of using 4 skills charged and uncharged and using pots, they will just derp around alone until they are accepted into a guild, at which point they will be inducted into the "elite" ways of arlor by their kind and loving new guildies ^_^

Its really not such a big deal as people are making it out to be :3

Note: This boost to level 41 will be introduced not now, but when the cap is 46! It's not a boost ALL the way to endgame -.-"

Bless
06-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Perfect solution: Make the Auto-level boost a player to one level under current cap and then they have to grind xp to get to the actual cap. Including pets (maybe can also be a separate service for pets if you don't like leveling pets).

ClumsyCactus
06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
The basic mechanics of the game - the ones which people use during their levelling days, are really quite simple. Learning these extremely simple "non end-game" ropes of Arlor requires nothing more than just pointing these things out... Most more complex aspects of gameplay are learned at endgame, where the real fun starts (hence why giving people a bit of a boost in getting there might actually end with more players sticking with the game...).

A very easy solution to all of this: Create an extended tutorial for first toons: this tutorial would include the basics as it does now... you learn to attack and loot and equip gear right at the start, to charge your attacks for more damage, to summon pets from the stable and to take and turn in quests in the tutorial arc on your first passage through the brackenridge area anyway.

1. A "tutorial" where everyone auto drops an egg from the first boss, followed by a "click me click here oh wow you looted a pet, now try
opening it" type dialogue (The betty quest shows us the stable but is a bit of a fail egg tutorial since it in no way shows where eggs
actually come from.)

2. A zoom in on the CS on arrival in Brackenridge (like the pan in shots which explain the allies, the plat store, the watchers tombs, and
the bard quests). Perhaps even a tutorial on how CS works since its no longer super intuitive and simple as it was when the game was
first created and might be the one thing new peeps might broken down for them a bit more. (though other members of the human race do
often have more intelligence than we give them credit for... I've even heard that they are often *shock* just as intelligent as us!! :-O) Lol

Once a player arrives in Brackenridge and completes the tutorial phase, THEN they would be presented with the option to level up manually, or skip to level 41.

They will then have learned these basics, and will spend their time levelling from 41 -> 46 applying them.

Once they hit cap after manually gaining 40,000xp and having a little bit of time to grasp the extremely difficult concept of using 4 skills charged and uncharged and using pots, they will just derp around alone until they are accepted into a guild, at which point they will be inducted into the "elite" ways of arlor by their kind and loving new guildies ^_^

Note: This boost to level 41 will be introduced not now, but when the cap is 46! It's not a boost ALL the way to endgame -.-"

Still don't agree about the "auto-level to 41 part" but i sure agree with having a better tutorial in general. I remember all my rookie-mistakes, and alot of them would have been prevented if i knew stuff like what the CS was, that strength is not recommended for rogues,that you could charge your skills, that pets wouldnt be gone forever if i "dismissed" them (I still think that it is more logic that STRENGTH adds damage than DEXTERITY)

Zylx
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Perfect solution: Make the Auto-level boost a player to one level under current cap and then they have to grind xp to get to the actual cap. Including pets (maybe can also be a separate service for pets if you don't like leveling pets).

So you're saying changing the auto level from 41 to 45 is a better idea?

Dalmony
06-16-2015, 05:45 PM
that pets wouldnt be gone forever if i "dismissed" them

Awww <3 That is honestly one of the cutest memories from back in the day that I've ever read, totally serious :))

Bless
06-16-2015, 05:47 PM
So you're saying changing the auto level from 41 to 45 is a better idea?

41, 45. It really doesn't matter, my point is emphasised either way. Auto level to something before the level cap, so that people can do a few runs before going to Max level and doing elites etc.

My reasoning for that is, what's the difference between auto leveling from 41 or 45? It's like 10k exp. You're not going to learn any more about a game from 50 runs than from 40 runs of WT4.

Fiasaria
06-16-2015, 05:50 PM
jut make the auto lvl to 36 , 36 to 46 they can learn all they need

Zylx
06-16-2015, 06:05 PM
41, 45. It really doesn't matter, my point is emphasised either way. Auto level to something before the level cap, so that people can do a few runs before going to Max level and doing elites etc.

My reasoning for that is, what's the difference between auto leveling from 41 or 45? It's like 10k exp. You're not going to learn any more about a game from 50 runs than from 40 runs of WT4.
Still, this is an RPG. One of the key components of any RPG is character development. When you take away the need to level from 1-41, then you practically demolish 90% of the game. Leveling is supposed to be a fun experience, but since grinding tombs all day gets dull, STS decides to just skip the problem, rather than improve upon it.

Personally, I think they should not only expand end-game, but also add newer ways to actually work to level up your character. Instead of sweeping the slow/repetitive xp farming under the rug, they should enlighten the experience with faster xp gains/lower xp checkpoints to level up faster, to make the first 41 levels quicker to progress through and to make running seem more efficent than it does now.

A plat purchase to half the xp needed to level up (only in the first 41 levels) would be a much better integration. Raising xp rewards from killing mobs would be another awesome alternative. Something to make that XP bar seemingly fill up quicker to visually drive the player to continue leveling.

Adding an Auto-Level feature is practically a slap in the face to RPG's.

Bless
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Still, this is an RPG. One of the key components of any RPG is character development. When you take away the need to level from 1-41, then you practically demolish 90% of the game. Leveling is supposed to be a fun experience, but since grinding tombs all day gets dull, STS decides to just skip the problem, rather than improve upon it.

Personally, I think they should not only expand end-game, but also add newer ways to actually work to level up your character. Instead of sweeping the slow/repetitive xp farming under the rug, they should enlighten the experience with faster xp gains/lower xp checkpoints to level up faster, to make the first 41 levels quicker to progress through and to make running seem more efficent than it does now.

A plat purchase to half the xp needed to level up (only in the first 41 levels) would be a much better integration. Raising xp rewards from killing mobs would be another awesome alternative. Something to make that XP bar seemingly fill up quicker to visually drive the player to continue leveling.

That won't do anything for existing players that are already L41, or more. The game has a limited amount of space, so STG tries to build content for the majority than the minority.

I'm sure you get what I mean right?

Dalmony
06-16-2015, 06:51 PM
When I started, I only had to grind from level 1-21 which I believe came to a grand total of around 25k XP before I capped. I ran most of that XP in Brackenridge and Dead City... basically, the normal versions of the maps which were currently being farmed at elite at the time.

When I arrived at the cap, I was familiar with both the most frequently farmed content in the game, and with enough of the game mechanics to be able to fully function at cap level. Of course I then went on to learn more and have been learning ever since XD

*shrug*

I really don't see how this is different. Forcing players to always grind from 1->cap doesn't automatically equip them with the knowledge that other capped players have gained from months/years of experience playing the game at end game.

In fact the only part of levelling that will be massively relevant will be the time spent in the normal mode of the new maps (after level 41) where they become familiar with the current and most relevant mob/boss styles. (Old mob styles don't need as much countering... once elite level, they can just go and 1 hit elite Rutger in Arcanum grounds.. new players have absolutely no need to know that we used to have to stand on the crystal and not move so as not to spawn any skeletons. Cos that is now irrelevant... its just nostalgia.)

This is a mobile mmo ... it is all about keeping the current content accessible / desirable for the mobile audience, not pushing it further and further out of reach as time goes on.

Caabatric
06-16-2015, 11:45 PM

actually come from.)

2. A zoom in on the CS on arrival in Outpost (like the pan in shots which explain the allies, the plat store, the watchers tombs, and

Once a player arrives in Travellers Outpost and completes the tutorial phase, THEN they would be presented with the option to level up manually, or skip to level 41.

I agree with the better tutorial....
The reason i put those basic skills are because players are far less likely to help a level 41 asking about basics of the game rather than a level 1 asking about the basics of the game.

Ravager
06-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Since you guys want the player to get to know the game with the experience of playing it, maybe the solution is to remove level requirements for all zones going up to lets say, Shuyal. All the zones will scale to the player level. After the player has completed all the main quests leading up to Shuyal, he / she can purchase the 41 kit.

Overall, I still think the 41 kit is good. It adds more players to end level rather than them quitting half way. Want someone to buy that crappy expired legendary 41 weapon? Well there's a fresh 41 who only has 41 epics right now who may be interested. More people playing = more demand. More demand on the item means more buyers and a healthier economy.

Dimitrian
06-17-2015, 10:11 AM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/17/141224fa15b1cda25ce3dc26c752c3b7.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Imobster
06-17-2015, 07:31 PM
This is not meant to take away from the game I feel this is a good thing for people who have wanting to end game but don't want too go through th hassle of leveling we can all agree leveling is a pain and I mean no one is taking away pve it's just an easier way to get more end gamers and more people at end game. It be kind of cool to see more players and more op people , sts is trying to keep everyone pleased . Even free events without kits I think it's a good idea . Everyone benefits, if you want to level by yourself you can you wanna jump straight to 41 you pay for it.

kona
06-17-2015, 11:19 PM
make it such that players can only choose to auto lvl to 41 if they have capped 1 toon to 41