PDA

View Full Version : Can't see my friend in-game

iOSJake
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I am having a weird problem where I cannot see my friend in-game even when we are in the same city. Both of us have our iDevices out and we can verify that we are both in front of the Magic Portal in Forest Haven. Are there different servers that we log into and can't control? Are there different channels that we can select? I can see tons of other players running around. What gives??

Ayrilana
04-16-2011, 08:27 PM
There is more than one instance of a town. If you go to the join game screen, and check the town box, you'll see a long list of towns.

iOSJake
04-16-2011, 08:29 PM
How do you get into the same instance with your friend? We tried inviting each other, but it just displays a message saying that we invited each other to Forest Haven, it doesn't seem to pull us into the same instance.

Ayrilana
04-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Join game button is disabled at the moment. The only way now is to have one of you keep joining the towns until they find the other. There's no way to join someone's game except from the join game screen unfortunately.

iOSJake
04-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Ok! Well at least we know what it isn't working right now! Thank you.

giayuan
04-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok! Well at least we know what it isn't working right now! Thank you.

Invite is just a.. notification sort of thing. To go to the exact place/instance your friend is in, you need to click Join on the friend list, which is unfortunately disabled right now.