PDA

View Full Version : Tanks & lvl46 elites

Jakubson
06-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Dear STS, please do not make the same mistake like this season with throwing tanks out from all elite parties.

This is not buff-begging thread, i hope you all know what you should change....

Thanks for listening this lame warrior.

Titanium
06-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I will do something weird now.. I will quote myself !

People who have a main character a warrior can level up a rogue ( much faster ) with this new feature (autolevel to level 41) . If you are rogue in an active guild you get invitation instantly to a party full of dps.

Jakubson
06-14-2015, 12:53 PM
I have rogue lvl41, but i like more playing with tank....and i cant because tanks r only slowering ptys, hope that more ppl have same problem....

I just want tell that ingame r 3 classes, not only one usefull for elite :)

UnnamedGuy
06-14-2015, 12:58 PM
They have to change many things...warriors do not do enough damage to be in pts but they are incredibly strong so really helpful in pvp! Warriors must be buffed but just for pve...

Archerios
06-14-2015, 12:58 PM
If they don't make any changes,based from the TS that running like now I won't invite any warrior.

merch_master
06-14-2015, 01:42 PM
I dont see much difference from tindirin in the mob layout in maps and we all saw how that expansion went for wars -.-
Its useless asking anymore now, STS isn't going to buff us warriors, nor any new/revised skills that are actually useful ( like party buffs).
Time to hang up the sword and pick up the bows

Ladysophie
06-14-2015, 02:33 PM
I will do something weird now.. I will quote myself !
Rogue Legends. XD

Bluebatthing
06-14-2015, 03:42 PM
I believe it's been suggested numerous times before, but fixing the warrior's taunt to be more effective so it can keep the heat away from the DPS would make warriors more desirable in elite maps. In the current state, a warrior can be effective but he/she has to be extremely skilled in order to effectively keep mobs' attention, but these warriors are few and far between. I don't see why it's do hard for STS to make this happen.

Ps: I play a mage and a rogue.

Bmwmsix
06-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Lol endless Storyy....seriously I wonder that no serious Game Magazinge has interviewed Sts lately Because this game has got 3 classes but only one class gets favoured. SMH

Trojan2100
06-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Makes me sad to see my warrior sitting on the sideline . I understand it's diffacult to buff or change something without effecting other class in pvp . I mite have a simpler solution something Sts already did on goblin event . They added x2 chance to double attack pve only . Now if they can add similar bonus x2 chance to cast taunt on taking damamge or attack on warrior mythic set bonus or simply add them on sword and shield . Even better add them on each piece of gear to guarantee we can hold aggro entire time . I think something like this should not effect other class in pvp. Lol my 3rd time editing I just had another idea.Tank pet that taunts or aggro mobs and boss ( AA pulls in mobs and taunt) or normal attack always taunt and gives something extra to warrior ) just my thoughts guys Thx for reading

One more thing asking to nerf dps class just to get a spot on team isn't the answer imo , or any other class.
Nerfing means more difficult to do tomb runs. Just becareful what you ask for Sts mite nerf the class but tomb difficulty stays the same.

Trojan2100
06-14-2015, 07:20 PM
I was checking up on warrior taunt skills , I didint notice this before but now I see why tank can't hold aggro . None of the taunt skill has a timer . When you use taunt you get the mobs or boss attention then he goes and attack random players.
They need to add : Taunt enemies for next 6 - 8 seconds . This seems like easier solution

killarrow
06-15-2015, 03:14 AM
I was checking up on warrior taunt skills , I didint notice this before but now I see why tank can't hold aggro . None of the taunt skill has a timer . When you use taunt you get the mobs or boss attention then he goes and attack random players.
They need to add : Taunt enemies for next 6 - 8 seconds . This seems like easier solution

Taunt used to work beautifully before, its almost completely broken. Even with taunt enabled on all the skills, the mobs never get pulled closer as they used to. As a Workaround, I am using the pet 'fritters' to compensate the pull which seems to work for a little bit. unfortunately between pulls, some dps have to die.

A rogue using razor is an agro magnet while a tank charged WM and heal does not even get bosses to turn towards tank for a moment.

Hope we get some focus on the basic skills broken for warriors. I started AL on a warrior and still love tanking tough maps and hope this issue will be fixed before we move into expansion.

As STS did a good job fixing the broken skills of rogues/ mages, hope the taunt skill for warriors would be fixed soon.

alongcay
06-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Pve-join mage or rogue fast
Pvp-join tank fast

Edward Coug
06-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Taunt needs to be fixed. I will reserve judgment on everything else until we see how the new elites play out.

With the new equipment now emphasizing armor over damage, it makes me think they cranked up the mob and boss damage. If they did this and fixed taunt, wars will have no trouble getting a party.

Kakashis
06-15-2015, 02:33 PM
at this point, they should just make it so the mobs and bosses one hit every all rogues and sorcerers in elites, but allowing a warrior with enough HP and armor to survive. Meanwhile, the mages heal actually heals the warrior's HP and w/o this heal, the warrior's self heal and potions wouldn't be able to keep up with damage taken as well. A team of rogues shouldn't be able to complete a map like they do now, and not only completing it, they break record times!

Oursizes
06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
The only concern is having no warrior or mage to pt with. Also mage heal holds more aggro than all tank skills combined... Lol.

Jakubson
06-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Pretty sad that in elite is not working the basic game mechanism and only one character rule whole game there.......

xnorwayx
06-19-2015, 01:25 AM
Pve-join mage or rogue fast
Pvp-join tank fast

This. Atm tanks are only good in pvp.

Ebezaanec
06-19-2015, 01:46 AM
Potion Cooldowns.

Take away the ability to mindlessly potion-spam and you'd be surprised how viable tanks become. That 2-sec shield is more necessary when mobs are draining your and you can't replenish it as quickly.

mesalin
06-19-2015, 05:39 AM
My main char is war... Oh sorry was till i got 41... Big problem with war is? All know here : taunt. Nobody want Pt wars for elites / tombs/ other maps
My friend's helped me planar tombs with my new rogue 41 huh i asked any switch for war?( they have2-3 endgame chars) and they answer don't need. And we did planar tomb1-2 with full rogue party. Also elite like wilds don't need war xc i so sad cuz i love play with war and if i want to farm and get pt i need to make rogue/ mage.
Also in ts we can see that don't need war...
Goodbye war?

I'm so fresh

Trojan2100
06-19-2015, 08:05 AM
My main char is war... Oh sorry was till i got 41... Big problem with war is? All know here : taunt. Nobody want Pt wars for elites / tombs/ other maps
My friend's helped me planar tombs with my new rogue 41 huh i asked any switch for war?( they have2-3 endgame chars) and they answer don't need. And we did planar tomb1-2 with full rogue party. Also elite like wilds don't need war xc i so sad cuz i love play with war and if i want to farm and get pt i need to make rogue/ mage.
Also in ts we can see that don't need war...
Goodbye war?

I'm so fresh

Ppl have two option. one take warrior drag out the run costing more pots and ankh for other members , or take all pure dps take out the boss half the time. When expansion release and they fix warrior taunt skill he could be usefull again. If warrior can aggro the mobs and boss entire fight it will save loads of pot and ankh for the team making warrior very desirable , if not than there isn't much future for warriors .

Xorrior
06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Warrior taunt alone isn't going to change things. Allow the class to debuff and stop boss wind-ups, as its the only class that can get up close and personal with a Boss.

For T3 I used rally cry as it buffed rogues and speeded things up a bit, rogues kinda liked running with my tank then. So just a few tweaks and tanks will be a welcome addition to parties.

But something tells me it's not going to happen this side of Xmas.

Clickbangboom
06-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Warrior taunt alone isn't going to change things. Allow the class to debuff and stop boss wind-ups, as its the only class that can get up close and personal with a Boss.

For T3 I used rally cry as it buffed rogues and speeded things up a bit, rogues kinda liked running with my tank then. So just a few tweaks and tanks will be a welcome addition to parties.

But something tells me it's not going to happen this side of Xmas.

And now one of the top pve warriors in game has switched to rogue class, does this tell you anything about the warrior class issues? It should....

Wazakesy
06-19-2015, 12:35 PM
fritters n whimms will do the job.....as a compensation of the taunt of a warrior

Xorrior
06-19-2015, 01:50 PM
And now one of the top pve warriors in game has switched to rogue class, does this tell you anything about the warrior class issues? It should....

IKR! I loved tanking but I also wanted to play the game and farm like crazy, rogue toon allows that easily. I'm invited to parties and I have an expedition bow!!!! An expedition bow rogue is welcome but a solid bulwark tank is ignored, that my friends speaks volumes. It is the reason my pro tank is retired and my noob rogue is flying!

Bmwmsix
08-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Where dem tanks nowzzzz?

griokadib
08-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Warrior trashes in pve,dont buff then,we need just full rogue op pt ald we done :))

eugene9707
08-05-2015, 02:33 AM
To be honest, i think warrior MIGHT be useful for Rangol elite ... Maybe it's just me but the normal attack of the giant troll and sometimes the engineer bomb can 1 shot me (with 4k hp)

Assuming that they also scale up the damage in elite, i think there's going to be a lot of 1 hit kills without red zone *cough* brute troll *cough* ...

Hopefully tanks can have their chance to shine and save the team lol

Bmwmsix
08-05-2015, 02:50 AM
To be honest, i think warrior MIGHT be useful for Rangol elite ... Maybe it's just me but the normal attack of the giant troll and sometimes the engineer bomb can 1 shot me (with 4k hp)

Assuming that they also scale up the damage in elite, i think there's going to be a lot of 1 hit kills without red zone *cough* brute troll *cough* ...

Hopefully tanks can have their chance to shine and save the team lol

Those trulle are exceptional, only purpose of those prima ballerina to reduce ur ankhs if you get hit. On Elite maybe tanks will be useful but with soo many stuns. We will be depending on pets rather then on outdated Juggernaut sigh *.* its cd is from the ancient Greek Time.

At the moment due to those stuns I use Rally Cry for my team.

extrapayah
08-05-2015, 05:58 AM
my suggestion for this:

1. increase potion cooldown, increase potion effectiveness -> 10s for 50% hp/mana
2. add skill slot / add skillset toggle button in hud
3. decrease enemy damage especially damages that can 1hko mages/rogue without decent warning

thank you :D

Oursizes
08-05-2015, 09:46 AM
my suggestion for this:

1. increase potion cooldown, increase potion effectiveness -> 10s for 50% hp/mana
2. add skill slot / add skillset toggle button in hud
3. decrease enemy damage especially damages that can 1hko mages/rogue without decent warning

thank you :D

1) rogues will need for mages to use heal if this happens... So no point in needing a warrior to hold aggro when you can get a mage to keep spamming ankhs and heal.

extrapayah
08-05-2015, 11:22 AM
1) rogues will need for mages to use heal if this happens... So no point in needing a warrior to hold aggro when you can get a mage to keep spamming ankhs and heal.

exactly! and then mage will want tank, to help them not spamming ankhs. pvp is the example where all classes is needed (i'm suck at pvp, though, so just a comment from pvp noob)

Oursizes
08-05-2015, 03:35 PM
exactly! and then mage will want tank, to help them not spamming ankhs. pvp is the example where all classes is needed (i'm suck at pvp, though, so just a comment from pvp noob)

I dont think you understand. Leave pvp where it is. In elites it will probably take 2x,maybe 3x the time to finish maps. Rogues will finish mana faster than mage heal cd, tanks will use vb and never hold aggro, becoming useless. Mages will use heal and shield, then die because they cant hold aggro. And then rogues will die because the whole party is still on the first mob group due to this idea. Because it will take forever to kill, so a solid no to this idea bud. I understand it's a good intention you were thinking of, but works better in games like OaC Online, where you have a legit healer class as well as the primary classes such as tank togue and mage. Also you have more members in pt(I think like 5?)

extrapayah
08-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I dont think you understand. Leave pvp where it is. In elites it will probably take 2x,maybe 3x the time to finish maps. Rogues will finish mana faster than mage heal cd, tanks will use vb and never hold aggro, becoming useless. Mages will use heal and shield, then die because they cant hold aggro. And then rogues will die because the whole party is still on the first mob group due to this idea. Because it will take forever to kill, so a solid no to this idea bud. I understand it's a good intention you were thinking of, but works better in games like OaC Online, where you have a legit healer class as well as the primary classes such as tank togue and mage. Also you have more members in pt(I think like 5?)

why leave pvp? it is part of the game too, and taking example from pvp is nothing bad. isn't it strange how in pvp tanks are needed but not so needed in pve, while we're in the same game, same system (with one single difference, potions and maybe stun immunity :P)?

elite maps definitely take longer time to finish than normal maps. and currently can be shortened with a no-tank party who can spam pot/ankhs for their survivability,

the previous elites (unnecessaryly) make mobs have a lot more health and maybe 1.5x - 2x damage which makes elites too long for a so called mobile games and made us prioritize speed over survivability in elites... only when this priority is reversed, tank will be needed, OR, make tanks deals super damage that make them efficient enough to do speed run, but why they are called tanks then @_@?

rogues will ran out of mana faster than mage's heal -> definitely will trouble rogues, they will have to use mana potions wisely, skill wisely
tanks will use vb and not holding aggro -> having vb and can't hold aggro is two different things :P, and if the tank can't hold aggro, and party members die, it means it already in the right track: a good tank is needed

thank you

Oursizes
08-05-2015, 09:34 PM
why leave pvp? it is part of the game too, and taking example from pvp is nothing bad. isn't it strange how in pvp tanks are needed but not so needed in pve, while we're in the same game, same system (with one single difference, potions and maybe stun immunity :P)?

elite maps definitely take longer time to finish than normal maps. and currently can be shortened with a no-tank party who can spam pot/ankhs for their survivability,

the previous elites (unnecessaryly) make mobs have a lot more health and maybe 1.5x - 2x damage which makes elites too long for a so called mobile games and made us prioritize speed over survivability in elites... only when this priority is reversed, tank will be needed, OR, make tanks deals super damage that make them efficient enough to do speed run, but why they are called tanks then @_@?

rogues will ran out of mana faster than mage's heal -> definitely will trouble rogues, they will have to use mana potions wisely, skill wisely
tanks will use vb and not holding aggro -> having vb and can't hold aggro is two different things :P, and if the tank can't hold aggro, and party members die, it means it already in the right track: a good tank is needed

thank you

This thread is about l46 elites,so again leave pvp where it is for the moment. Your solution to l46 elites is to ruin the game? Its not like OaC where you have pure tanks pure healers pure aoe etc. Its much simpler. I'm pretty sure if you get rid of nekro, tanks will definitely be needed as there will be no stun immunities for 60-100%of the time. That is a much better solution(im not saying to get rid of it)rather than making ankh prices become 1mil each and make players go broke before completing half the map.

Ollashed
08-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Ikr,i love it to play in my tank,i love rogue too but i wanna do elite too in tank
:---)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P760 mit Tapatalk

Serancha
08-13-2015, 08:15 PM
I wrote this partially for the newer generation who may not be aware of how we came to this point in the game. It may help clarify things for the older players also. This is a general outline from my observations. These statements are not all-encompassing, but show the trend of the more experienced end-game PvE players. Yes, people still use tanks and always have, but in general the situation has developed as follows:

Most parties stopped using warriors after the Nordr expansion. I think a part of it was that Shuyal involved constant movement. If you stood still you'd drop dead from poison. This introduced an environment that made tanking impractical.

Season 5 - upgraded mythics came along. This stagnated the game to the point where many of the experienced warriors quit or changed focus to pvp. By halfway through the season, any skilled rogue could solo the Shuyal elite maps without an arcane pet, proving the need for warrior to be obsolete. With so many of the warriors changing to pvp by then, the pool of good pve tanks continued to shrink.

Season 6 - enter the arcane ring, and still the same armour and helm. People by now were looking for challenges. They had no gear to work for, so the way to challenge was to make parties that provided more challenge. All-rogue parties became a constant among the geared end-gamers, and with an arcane ring, a rogue was practically invincible.

Season 7 - more of the same. If content was released that was difficult enough to call for a tank, people did not see it as class balance, they instead saw it as favouritism for the most well-geared players, so the maps got nerfed. Imbued armour came into play increasing the capability of rogues, along with a 600hp boost from the mythic pendant. Followed up by "double odds" on fossils, recipes and teeth, this continued the trend of players becoming much more powerful than the content.

Season 8 - we have troll mobs that get more aggressive and harder to kill the longer they live. We have maps that leave tanks in permastun much of the time. A tank can't tank when he is stunned. He can't help the party kill the troll mobs quickly, so once again a tank is impractical. With 5 mobs in a group, there are no large pulls, and adding in necro in high availability just compounds the situation. However, it is not the cause. This has been coming for a long time.

Future - STS has now virtually eliminated the gear gap, so when they make new maps hard, they will be able to do it without a huge uproar from the "what about legendary players" crowd. There will always be some of that, but it will not be to the point of them having to severely nerf content. After all, you can get geared for under 5 million now, and that can be earned currently in a couple of weeks by farming arena for vials. (Arena which is very playable at the current difficulty level).

The problem remains, as Rav said in another thread, if the new maps are good for warrior, that is still only 3 maps. STS has stated that they do not plan to scale older maps to end-game level, so it appears that the rogue-dominance shall continue.

Suggestion: Add full stun immunity to a party that uses all 3 classes.

This could be applied to the impairment effects from any expansion. Shuyal: a party with all classes eliminates the effects of poison pools in Shuyal...etc. However, with maps not scaled to full level, they will still be easy enough to be run faster with dps only teams.

warriorromio
08-13-2015, 08:31 PM
If they buff jugger and vb..
Vb do in pvp it buff the whole party...
It can be same in pve too..
If it gives 25%+ damage and crit boost to whole party then tanks will come in elites again..
Cause 3 rouges with 25% crit and and damage boost is better then all 4 rouges with a mana regain ability + less use of anks with a tank..
That will be good if they can make vb works in pve maps for whole party

extrapayah
08-13-2015, 11:06 PM
as long as other class, esp damage class can survive, tank class won't be needed,

add longer potion cooldown and nerf 1hkoes

Bigboyblue
08-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Tanks need to be able to hold aggro. Rogues and mages shouldn't be able to withstand the attacks of a group of 4 or 5 mobs in elites. Most other MMO's require a tank for the hardest levels. That is because other classes can't withstand more than one or two mobs attacking them at one time. Tanks hold aggro and withstand the onslaught. Currently mages and rogues can take the beating of most mobs in elites. The real issue isn't the mages but the rogues. They can withstand too much punishment while also being the highest dps class. They kill quickly so the overall amount of damage they need to withstand is a lot lower than warriors and mages.

Now if tanks can hold aggro they need to be able to take the damage dished out to them. Tanks can still be one shot in a lot of elite maps. This makes absolutely no sense. A tank needs to be able to withstand even the strongest attacks. If a tank can now hold aggro and withstand the attacks a lot of players will want to run with them. This is especially true if it because near impossible to stay alive without one.

STS should change the way the damage is calculated in pve. Reduce the damage tanks take and increase it for other classes. Make the tanks skills hold aggro properly and let them maintain it until the skill cools down so they can pop it again.

Bmwmsix
08-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Tanks and lvl 46 elites is a myth untill rengol elites are gna be implemented :_)

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Tanks and lvl 46 elites is a myth untill rengol elites are gna be implemented :_)

I highly doubt it, unless sts makes all mobs 1hit which it seems like that are starting to do. Even then 3 rogue 1 mage party will be much smoother as many tanks cannot hold aggro to save their life(thanks auto-level).

nightmaresmoke
08-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Lol endless Storyy....seriously I wonder that no serious Game Magazinge has interviewed Sts lately Because this game has got 3 classes but only one class gets favoured. SMH

Has StS won the best MMO of 2014? lol did they made a banner again or none? Didnt play for 1year whole 2014 soo no idea.. ;(

Transfordark
08-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Has StS won the best MMO of 2014? lol did they made a banner again or none? Didnt play for 1year whole 2014 soo no idea.. ;(
They lost their title for best MMO after 2013.
To much imbalance, Rogues dominating and always favoring the rich.. Good Job! Sts!

Transfordark
08-15-2015, 12:13 AM
Tanks have been asking for a desperate buff for years and what to we get? Nothing!
Rogues medic pack gets buffed in 3-4 days and this proves how much they love Rogue's

Nowadays a rogue can tank better than a warrior.
With her high dodge and 2k armor with 4-5k health.

Rogues can do everything!

Mages got the buff they needed which is good.
But what about the tanks?
Tanks are never gonna be buffed to its useless now.

Serillia
08-15-2015, 04:34 AM
Tanks have been asking for a desperate buff for years and what to we get? Nothing!
Rogues medic pack gets buffed in 3-4 days and this proves how much they love Rogue's

Nowadays a rogue can tank better than a warrior.
With her high dodge and 2k armor with 4-5k health.

Rogues can do everything!

Mages got the buff they needed which is good.
But what about the tanks?
Tanks are never gonna be buffed to its useless now.

Rogue packs were not buffed. They fixed a glitch where packs only lasted 8 seconds compared to the original 30 seconds. They addressed the glitch in the update.

nightmaresmoke
08-15-2015, 06:40 AM
They lost their title for best MMO after 2013.
To much imbalance, Rogues dominating and always favoring the rich.. Good Job! Sts!
Hahaha no wonder but ill still pt with a war if he/she is good none myth or none arcane i prefer wars over mages coz this season 8 wars will still heal pt soo shield helpful not unlike mages who barely heals with mana and most of them dont even have mana heal, mages now are arrogant if u ask for mana they will yell use pots!! come on u have the insane amount of mana why not do a little charity. Isnt this game supposed to be team work right? pt or random what happend!? Rogues was made to make huge amount of damage to kill fast on the other hand mages was made to do crowd control and heal pt when in need wars job is to hold aggro heal pt with shield and go toe to toe with boss. Soo basically they were designed to be like that there was never an imbalance in my personal point of view, players choose each class for specific reason soo they need to understand what path theyve chose, now its season 8 rogues and wars still doin theres jobs as intended mages mehh not always soo if a player isnt contented easy make 3 toons play em tweak em and decide what class is most fun for them and boom end of story.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 07:42 AM
Hahaha no wonder but ill still pt with a war if he/she is good none myth or none arcane i prefer wars over mages coz this season 8 wars will still heal pt soo shield helpful not unlike mages who barely heals with mana and most of them dont even have mana heal, mages now are arrogant if u ask for mana they will yell use pots!! come on u have the insane amount of mana why not do a little charity. Isnt this game supposed to be team work right? pt or random what happend!? Rogues was made to make huge amount of damage to kill fast on the other hand mages was made to do crowd control and heal pt when in need wars job is to hold aggro heal pt with shield and go toe to toe with boss. Soo basically they were designed to be like that there was never an imbalance in my personal point of view, players choose each class for specific reason soo they need to understand what path theyve chose, now its season 8 rogues and wars still doin theres jobs as intended mages mehh not always soo if a player isnt contented easy make 3 toons play em tweak em and decide what class is most fun for them and boom end of story.

I got ebola after reading this post... You should be using pots in pve.. Let me guess, youre one of those auto levelers? The only place its okay for a mage to use heal is km3 and regular wilds. Mages are there for crowd control. If you want pure healers so much, go play OaC

Motherless_Child
08-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Tanks suck because they don't know how to effectively run parties with rogues and mages...

Tanks like to pull mobs as if everyone in the Party has high HP and armor, SO ANNOYING...

TANKS... LISTEN... If you are NOT the one doing the DAMAGE in elite maps DO NOT PULL MOBS!!!!!! Only the person who is DOING the significant damage needs to be the one pulling mobs, which is most likely a rogue... Mages and warriors should NEVER pull mobs seeing as neither of the 2 does significant damage.....

Nothing more annoying as a mage playing having some tank pulling ALL these mobs when there is NO person present doing damage!!!! It is not as easy as it looks controlling those mobs with freeze and clock drop, when not every enemy in the mob is not frozen or rooted they do significant damage and it is just annoying..... Mob pulling should really only be done when running in parties put together before running, not when running RANDOM maps!!! Warriors dont seem to get this...... Then again, some mages and low damage rogues seem to not understand this as well... :-/

Serancha
08-15-2015, 10:18 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing I have read yet.

If there is a tank in the party, he is the one who should be doing the pulls. You don't need damage to pull. It is the person who pulls who takes the aggro first. If a rogue runs ahead and pulls, the warrior has to work 5x harder to attain aggro and then keep it. Remember, aggro is HIS job.

The way it works is this. The warrior goes in front of the party. He gets the dps to wait at a specified spot, goes and gets the mobs, then leads them to where the dps is. When he stops, the mobs obediently gather around him like kids at an ice cream truck. At this time (and not before), the mage drops the clock, the rogues veil the warrior, and then start hitting from the outside of the mob circle while the warrior keeps their attention.

THIS is how the game is meant to be played, flawed mechanics, bugs, and op players aside.

See, this is the whole other problem. Not only are we lacking in skilled, experienced pve warriors (I can count 4 off the top of my head), nobody even knows how to run with one.

Motherless_Child
08-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Like I SAID... When you have people in parties who DON'T understand this why are they PULLING mobs??? just because you are a tank DOESN'T mean you can pull MOBS.... And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????

Like I said before... There ARE a lot of INEXPERIENCED players in this game which is why MOB pulling is not GOOD when running RANDOM maps... EXPERIENCED gameplay should be done when PLAYING with experienced players/preset parties!!!!!!!!

It's not that people DON'T know how to run with warriors, it's that warriors don't know how to RUN!!!! There are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, do it WRONG and a the method that is supposed to help turns into confusion and mayhem!!!!

Serancha
08-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Like I SAID... When you have people in parties who DON'T understand this why are they PULLING mobs??? just because you are a tank DOESN'T mean you can pull MOBS.... And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????

Like I said before... There ARE a lot of INEXPERIENCED players in this game which is why MOB pulling is not GOOD when running RANDOM maps... EXPERIENCED gameplay should be done when PLAYING with experienced players/preset parties!!!!!!!!

It's not that people DON'T know how to run with warriors, it's that warriors don't know how to RUN!!!! There are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, do it WRONG and a the method that is supposed to help turns into confusion and mayhem!!!!

I play all 3 classes, dear, and have since season 1, but if you look at my signature banner, you will see my main class is rogue. I don't know where you learned to play MMO's but what you are saying in incorrect for class roles in all games. Have you considered that most rogues / mages that try to pull on elites end up dead, unless they are max geared? You need HP to pull, not damage.

Edit: making your points by emphasizing words in shouty caps doesn't make them correct or more believable.

nightmaresmoke
08-15-2015, 11:39 AM
I got ebola after reading this post... You should be using pots in pve.. Let me guess, youre one of those auto levelers? The only place its okay for a mage to use heal is km3 and regular wilds. Mages are there for crowd control. If you want pure healers so much, go play OaC

If u got ebola goodluck with that lol, heck im a rogue i drink pots like a drunkard soo dont say right away that im an auto leveler im not new FYI, and crowd control thing most mages these days dont have clock which is pathetic even a rogue can do cc with trap it will not always do but still even rogues do support now with veil.

nightmaresmoke
08-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Lmao.

Are you serious?

That's the reason why people don't want to run with most warriors.

Yep the good warrriors that knows what they are doing and skilled once.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 12:04 PM

Theres people of all classes that dont know how to run. When i used to do random planar tombs parties, there would be warriors at the end of the party, mages trying to drop clock in red zone, and rogues trying to kill skeletons instead of mage.(many of the players were nicely geared). There are many warriors that know how to run well. To be honest OWT(Preseason) was one of the best warriors ive run with. Why? Because he knew his role. Its not just warriors that dont know how to run. Its the matter of knowing your role in maps.

Oezheasate
08-15-2015, 12:20 PM

Ok im just going to adress each paragraph and correct it, because obviously you are very confused about how different classes work in this game.

The tank is meant to pull, so saying "just because you are a tank doesnt mean you can pull mobs" is completely wrong and shows that either you've never played a tank, or you didnt take even 30 seconds to think about the mechanincs of tanking. Tanks have the highest survivability so they are meant to pull the mobs and get them focused only on themselves.
If you have three tanks and 1 mage you have to pull even more than usual, for gods sake three tanks and one mage dealing with each mob individually? I guess those who have attempted that still havent finished the map due to it being so slow.
Let me set you straight on this matter, if you do happen to have a pt of three tanks and one mage you have no rogue that quickly finishes off the monsters and helps you to move on quickly from mob to mob, therefore the fastest way to finish a run with three tanks and one mage is to pull a huge mob together. The spread damage of those four will be more effective because more monsters get hit by the clock, windmill, fireball, skyward smash etc.
Hope this clears up ur misconceptions regarding this matter.

What are you trying to get at in that second paragraph? A noob shoulnt play like a pro? Well i wish he would but he cant due to the fact that he isnt experienced, I would love to get in an F1 car and drive the same lap as Schuhmacher but i cant, so telling a noob to not play like a pro lacks any logical meaning. That noobs try out things and end up making mistakes? Oh my, how could they? (Irony) Thats exactly what noobs do and should do, mistakes help us learn how to do it better.

Onwards to the third and last paragraph.
Yes you are right, there are certain spots and ways meant for pulling mobs, there may even be different methods for the same map and both may be effective, I've had that experience for example in elite tindirin that there were several pulls that worked equally well.
The knowledge of those pull comes by pulling and experiencing which pulls work best so what u stated in the first paragraph that warriors shouldnt pull if they dont know how to is wrong, they wouldnt get the experience to do it right otherwise.
But its wrong to say "its not the who people dont know how to run with warriors, its the warriors who dont know how to run".
Actually I've had the experience that even pros, were interfering with my pulls, normally a warrior when he sees there is no risk of party member dying from the mob, will already go on and prepare the next mob for the party, this ensures a fast and efficient clearing of the map.
But oftentimes players that are pros instead of staying with the party go on and follow me, leaving the others to deal with the remaining mob, obviously now those remaining take longer to clear up the mob and by following me will oftentimes die. He will die because by following me he also pulled aggro and there is no mage to do crowd control and my horn of renew only lasts so long.
Its a mixture of both many, unexperienced tanks and many more unexperienced rogues and mages (unexperienced in running with tanks) who interfere with the tanks work.
But even if this were all done in the right way people would still run in full rogue pts cuz theyre faster.

Schnitzel
08-15-2015, 12:48 PM

From the way you worded this, sounds to me like "Mages are walking mana potions".
I used to spec to use Heal, but later realized this was ineffective in a lot of maps because it made all the enemies target me (not a good thing considering my current HP stat).
Now, when I'm running maps, I just use fire, lightning (for bosses)/ice (for everything else), clock, shield.
Mana potions are a lot cheaper than health potions (I'm not a rich mage, but I have around 4k of each potion, so it makes sense for me not to need heal when potions heal me quicker)

Kriticality
08-15-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't think it's the mages job to give everyone mana. In elites, their damage skills are far more beneficial IMO. Of course there's a cost being a rogue but that's just how it is. Buy pots. Let's sorcerers aoe and let tanks tank.

Tatman
08-15-2015, 04:06 PM
And if you have something like 3 tanks and 1 mage or like 2 tanks, 1 low damage rogue and 1 mage why are you pulling MOBS????

I really want to see 3 tanks and 1 mage running an elite map without pulling. Could you record this?

Xorrior
08-15-2015, 04:17 PM
...If there is a tank in the party, he is the one who should be doing the pulls. You don't need damage to pull. It is the person who pulls who takes the aggro first. If a rogue runs ahead and pulls, the warrior has to work 5x harder to attain aggro and then keep it. Remember, aggro is HIS job.

The way it works is this. The warrior goes in front of the party. He gets the dps to wait at a specified spot, goes and gets the mobs, then leads them to where the dps is. When he stops, the mobs obediently gather around him like kids at an ice cream truck. At this time (and not before), the mage drops the clock, the rogues veil the warrior, and then start hitting from the outside of the mob circle while the warrior keeps their attention...

........Not only are we lacking in skilled, experienced pve warriors...nobody even knows how to run with one.

[slight edits to show main points]

To all concerned, please read and digest the above, that is how a pt should work and the last statement is so true.

Mages control mobs and not waste a skill by throwing heals, mana is for parasite tanks and rogues who don't want to spend their own gold buying mana pots. Rogues take out the biggest threats. Very simple but very effective

Jakubson
08-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Ty guys for ur posts. Lot of good ideas were written here.

Its pretty sad that sts still didnt write if theyr planning change something....if not we will have 2 options, sell gear to pvpers n build rogues or quit....

nightmaresmoke
08-16-2015, 11:43 AM
From the way you worded this, sounds to me like "Mages are walking mana potions".
I used to spec to use Heal, but later realized this was ineffective in a lot of maps because it made all the enemies target me (not a good thing considering my current HP stat).
Now, when I'm running maps, I just use fire, lightning (for bosses)/ice (for everything else), clock, shield.
Mana potions are a lot cheaper than health potions (I'm not a rich mage, but I have around 4k of each potion, so it makes sense for me not to need heal when potions heal me quicker)

Nope i didnt said that mages supposed to heal always just when really in need when pt is in a critical situation, and about the heal its not the mages fault that they get aggro when they heal its that bugged last upgrade of mages heal skill which BTW STS didnt bother to fix yet FYI STS WAKE UP COME ON!!