PDA

View Full Version : Gold for lvl 20 twinkgear - how to?

Finneri
04-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Hello, everyone!

I've been pvp'ing with my lvl 20 dexbear a bit, but decided to change to my mage. Atm, my mage is a wand-pally, but I want to make it full int. I've decided to buy the following items:

Nature mage robe of mastery (pink, lvl 14) (50k)
Winter festival ornament (purple/pref pink, lvl 20) (purple 70k?, pink 150k?)
Winter festival Toy Man wand (purple/pref pink, lvl 20) (purple 80k?, pink 150k?)

These things cost quite a lot, and that means that I've to farm some gold. At the moment, I've 60k gold and access to all maps expect sewers, skeller krunch's return and frozen nightmare. My highest character is a lvl 38 bear. What's the quickest way for me to farm the money?

Thanks in advance,
Finneri

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 04:19 AM
IMO, you have two choices.

1. Level a character to 50-ish, so you can farm and stay in Sewers (sell pinks from there).

or

2. Use your 38 bear to farm lower level pinks within or below its level range. At 38, I think you can do swamps (someone confirm, not sure) since the max level of swamps is 35.

There are some pricey pinks that drop from the Swamps, you can check them through CS and check where they drop through Yanis' thread :)

Finneri
04-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the information!

I'll most likely just level to 50, since I'll probably have to farm for other items later on.

noobmigo
04-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Finn, you actually started with twinking?
LOL, dude, your the best twink I've ever seen that did that. Wow!

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the information!

I'll most likely just level to 50, since I'll probably have to farm for other items later on.

I agree.

Also, most players that have a twink generally have a high level character which plays as their backbone.

Even if you want to only twink, you'd still need a decent, if not more, amount of cash to support it.

I could be mistaken, since I don't twink at all, just a general observation :)

Finneri
04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Ellyidol, that seems to be the way it goes. And the best, most expensive crafted gear for the most popular combo seem to rise to 600k+ in price, so yeah, money helps a lot. I'm also interested in endgame pvp aswell, so my bear won't probably become a pure farming machine :). Also, I really suggest you to try twinking, it's loads of fun - especially now when respeccing is free and you aren't stuck in your failed spec for a week unless you're lucky with the new "download-to-get-plat" apps.

Finn, you actually started with twinking?
LOL, dude, your the best twink I've ever seen that did that. Wow!

Thanks :). I started twinking around 5 weeks ago, tough, so I'm not THAT new.

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I tried it in WoW before, but I don't think it was considered twinking since my "twink" was actually my highest level. I just had fun. :p

I'll stick to end-game for now :)

Good luck!

Conradin
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I would recomend merching, or farming recipes (5-15). I have spent over 3 mil on twink gear but havnt fsrmed a single sewer pink. Another great way to farm gold in play ao2-ao3 runs. Doing runs over and over liquidatig items gets you loads of gold.

Finneri
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I would recomend merching, or farming recipes (5-15). I have spent over 3 mil on twink gear but havnt fsrmed a single sewer pink. Another great way to farm gold in play ao2-ao3 runs. Doing runs over and over liquidatig items gets you loads of gold.

Alright, sounds good since I'll have to do loads of ao2-3 runs before I'm 50 :).

azulflame
04-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Plasma pyramid