PDA

View Full Version : Skills button not activating bug

Genes
04-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Ok, this bug has been bugging me a lot. What happens is after the cool down, occasioanlly some buttons refused to be fired off even after repeated pressing. It's like they have been temporary "locked".

How I reset this bug is press on other skills that are not "locked" and reset the gcd on the skills button to make it work again.

I didn't notice this issue with the first version of 1.7.1 gcd with the sever lag. After server lag was removed, this issue starts happening and is still currently present in this latest update.

So devs, Will this issue be resolve with version 1.7.1.1?

Otukura
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Been bugging me since the GCD first was lowered, and I just came on here to vent about this. I had my drain life lock up for a whole pvp game earlier, even when I would rejoin. It was horrible.

Moogerfooger
04-17-2011, 12:48 PM
This has already been mentioned in several threads...I am sure they'll be fixing it or looking into why.

Zeus
04-17-2011, 02:06 PM
It's not locked up. It's the cooldown that's glitched. You already used the spell, it's just not displaying the cooldown time.

romgar1
04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Well either way I agree that there is a bug with that. I hope its server side...

KingFu
04-17-2011, 02:40 PM
It's not locked up. It's the cooldown that's glitched. You already used the spell, it's just not displaying the cooldown time.

Its actually both. Its weird. With mana shield, I have click it, doesn't work at first, click over and over, it activates, then it doesn't show the cool down, but its happening. With firestorm, and life drain, and even my blessings. I click them over, and over, and it doesn't work. No spells cast, not damage hits the enemy. Just locks up. Getting annoying....

omerojs
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I have also experience that problem, with almost all the skills, the problem has nothing to do with a particular skill, i think the problem has to do with the local cool down that was implemented.. i understand that to avoid the cool down problems from the very first release, which made reference to cool down + Lag on the network would increase dramatically the duration of it. i played a couple of runs like that and it was really bad. the very next day the Devs made a new release to fix that issue by making the cool down a local thing, that means it works on each device without the network having anything to do.. the problem is that with the normal cool down + the GCD + Lag there has to be one of them that gets bugged and then locks the skill... anyway just my opinion..

Plasticuproject
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM

asommers
04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
What device are you playing on?

-ALS

XRAX
04-17-2011, 10:06 PM
I use an iPhone4 and experience this problem.

noneo
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I have the same issues with my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate running android 2.1

I click on a skill and it doesn't cast anything.

Plasticuproject
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM

xxEcHoxx
04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
My device is optimus s

JaytB
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I had it a couple of times on my iPad too. It's only very rare but it happened.

Genes
04-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes. On ipad and me iPhone too.

Olli Walli
04-18-2011, 08:52 AM
I use a samsung galazy S and have this problem.

What I am finding is that the skill actually fires, but the icon does not darken after it goes off. This makes it look like the skill did not fire and it will not fire again until after the skills cool down wears off. So the skill is working. It is just the icon that is not working. If I time it I am able to use the skill in question after the regular cool down wears off.

This could just be with me. See if this is how yours is acting or if your skill is completely frozen out.

Thade
04-18-2011, 09:01 AM
When you see this have you tried to stop and see if the ability's normal cool down is in affect? Some cool down displays are difficult to see such as that found on Drain Life.

I'll keep poking around at this but thus far I haven't reproduced what's been described. I've only see some skill cool down displays which need some improvement.

drewcapu
04-18-2011, 09:22 AM
From my observations, I have a feeling it's probably a latency issue. The client seems to be not completely getting the message back from the server that the skill did execute, even if a buff icon is next to your name. Thus, you end up with a skill that seems to be available to use, but actually won't be able to use until the true cooldown, according to the server, has completed.

Olli Walli
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Mine seems to usually happen on the same skills (evasion) in the bottom left hand corner or (focus) in the bottom right hand corner.

My screen is pretty bright and it is pretty obvious that the icon did not darken. I do get the effect from the skill it just does not show that the skill was fired.

shanmarie33
04-18-2011, 11:33 AM

I know!!! Get rid of GCD and that should solve the glitchy problem, right?? Well, a girl can dream...