PDA

View Full Version : Junside Blog #2 (May be the last)

Junside
04-17-2011, 09:01 AM
From the day I started until now, I could not have reached where I am without the help of my friends and other players of this community. Whether it was gear or gold, tips or motivation. My friends of Pocket Legends truly deserve this small commemoration. I hope I can remember everyone. If I have not listed you, please tell me. I do want to. Even if it was for the smallest thing.

My first major gift was from Stephanie(DawnInfinity). She was about to sell her Sunblessed Bow of the Void, and I think a mention and a look at how crappy my gear was, she simply gave it to me. Even until BS came out, I was looking for a way to give something back to her. I farmed feverishly for a MM gemstone wand but it never came up. Ultimately, I think she purchased it. But after she gave me the bow, I actually did dramatically better. Motivation and empowerment. :)

Parth(Apollo or Rangepwnsmeel) was the AEO Guild banker and in control of their collected inventory. I don't remember what I ever put in there though! I asked Parth for a loan so I could buy myself a Mega Blaster of the Void. Of course, I paid him or per say, the guild back. And still today, he's more than a material friend. We chat and I've told him crap that I never told anyone else simply because he's incredibly trustworthy and insightful. He listens. Thanks, Parth.

Though we don't talk anymore, I have to give major thanks to Anglfyr. She made me feel terrible with all the time she gave me. Not in a bad way. I just felt bad that she did so much for me. It wasn't stuff that I needed, but she would overwhelm me with gifts and made great company. She knows how to make someone smile.

When I started to delve into PVP, I saw Thelonearcher. I, like I would towards any other individual or situation, wasn't affected by reputation. I accepted that he was incredibly skilled but there was no need to worship him or kiss his feet. The only feeling I had towards him, was that he was the final obstacle to overcome. Beating him was no easy task. And I never got the chance to fight him 1v1, so I can never say I ever defeated him. I give him thanks for giving the drive to become better.

Moarpewpew is PL's #1 cheerleader! Don't screw with the Pew! I don't think anyone has better emote timing than he does. But beyond that, we did a lot of runs together, and I think pretty much whenever he is online, me and him would be in the same place. Awesome friend. It's impossible to hate him.

Kingofhurtz... lol I shouldn't mention this. When I won Parth's lottery, King didn't put in his voluntary contribution yet. And I told him it was okay, because the lottery was over! But whenever he sees me, he insists that he wants to get me something cool or immensely valuable. I have to hide sometimes or change the subject. :rolleyes:

David aka Mysticaldeam, Kingfu, Mystisch. He recently came out of nowhere and gave me 300k. I reluctantly accepted. He was helping me buy a Fury shield, which was the final piece I needed to finally complete my first BS set. I think a lot of people knew how much I've been whining over wanting one. lol Thanks a lot to David. He's also an irreplaceable friend, we talk a lot, mostly about chicks. >.>

Keohike, I don't see him online anymore, and I don't know why. But he deserves my utmost gratitude as well. I asked for a loan and he provided. He didn't know me well at all, but trusted me with it. I offered collateral but he said I can take my time. By the time I saved up around 180k out of 240k that I needed to pay back, I seldom saw him online. When I did see him, I approached him honestly saying I still don't have all of the gold. He said it was fine, and just accept it as a gift. He helped me to get my Fury Sword. I still have him on my friends list, but I never see him online anymore. Many thanks to Keohike for greatly helping me.

Ellyidol, the dual-spec mad scientist. He's the guy you go to for general advice. He knows everything, and he's sooo respectful towards everyone. I don't know why he isn't a Guardian of Alterra yet. He rightly deserves one if you sum up all the help he has contributed to players in-game. I put my bet on it that he'll be the next Guardian.

Lyric(Artemis) helped me when I was poor(I always am). One way was she'd bombard me with AO greens and I'd liquidate them. I swear the notifications in the middle of my screen would not go away for a good 3 minutes. It did help, so I must thank her for this.

Thanks to the Developers for quick response and support whenever I mess up. As Asommers requested, here's how I think the Bling Flinger could be improved. Right now, it's simply an auto crossbow with a fancy name in my opinion. More effects could be added to make it a more attractive weapon. The bolt could be changed into a giant coin depicting a goblin on the face. When it impacts, it could have a chest opening effect. Maybe it could have the old crossbow attack speed of 0.4. For nostalgic purposes if not usability in combat.

I hope this list is incomplete. I want to mention all the help I've received.

As you can see, I never would have been up to speed without the help of the community.

I am not myself. I am an embodiment of all the support and help I received from everyone. Thanks to you all.

http://obit-mag.com/media/image/Bowing-Man.jpg

Dalonewolf
04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Your quitting?

Nightarcher
04-17-2011, 09:22 AM
You better not quit Jun! We'll all miss the dove we've come to love :(

DawnInfinity
04-17-2011, 10:15 AM
:)

Thanks Erik.

Junside
04-17-2011, 10:22 AM
No, not quitting. lol I just got my full set. I just don't want to write any more "topics". I'd rather write a blog where it should be rightfully placed.

Zeus
04-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks Eric :). Didn't know you thought of me like that :D.

skavenger216
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I've been fortunate enough to have played with most of the people on your list, and yes, they are all amazing. :D

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 06:01 PM
No, not quitting. lol I just got my full set. I just don't want to write any more "topics". I'd rather write a blog where it should be rightfully placed.

You will jump when you see fortified set on a bird :D

anglfyr
04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
No problem.

davidis57
04-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Many of you I have never met in game but your posts have become invaluable to me. When setting up my archer I learned a lot from many of you. Thanks so much. Junside's post inspired me to say a general thank-you to this community. Players like Elf, Eskay, Anibird, and others who allowed me to XP and be a part of their groups thank-you as well. You have made this old man proud to be a part of something special.

Timbabird
lvl 55

SUPAPRODIGY
04-18-2011, 12:35 AM
nice ur a very kind person

Acyer
04-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Dual spec/warbirds ftw imo. Jun is a great guy.

MoarPewPew
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM
That was a very nice post. I really like the part about me. :D

I hope I can keep the phrase "Don't screw with the pew!" after asommers puts in the new chat restrictions.

Anyways it's always a pleasure to farm with you. (and purposely try and kill u with the barrels) lol