PDA

View Full Version : Fortified Set is actually better then Fury/Royal Sewer on a Bear

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 01:54 PM
The Fortified set is actually better then the Fury/Royal Sewer combo or the full Fury Set. It has about 20 added armor and 32 added damage to sacrifice ms that is needed and around 21 dodge is sacrificed not 32..... Not to mention that I get a legit 49 hs as opposed to 30 something.

and who doesnt like this bonus?
+2 Dodge
+50 Health
+8 health Regen
+4 Mana Regen
+17 Armor

Otukura
04-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Too little m/s for my pally... although I get roughly the same dmg as when using MM gemstone wand set(EDIT: with fort)... ~3 min dmg difference. I don't pay attention to max.

Vallist
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
best tank set as of right now

Nightarcher
04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
This is what I've been saying! Fury is terrible on bears. It's made for paladins. Bears should use fortified or a mix of sewer and other pieces. :)

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 02:33 PM
This is what I've been saying! Fury is terrible on bears. It's made for paladins. Bears should use fortified or a mix of sewer and other pieces. :)

Fortified rapes on a bear, people dont see it yet

Dalonewolf
04-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Royal helm,armor,fury sword/axe (for m/s), and bodyguard shield/ fortified shield ftw =p

KaotiicxDream
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
For my Tank I still think that the mix of Fury and Sewer is better.. I will sacrifice too much dodge when Tanking..

Nightarcher
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
For my Tank I still think that the mix of Fury and Sewer is better.. I will sacrifice too much dodge when Tanking..

It really depends. In pve, maximum dodge (mix of sewer and either fury or other items) is best for a tank. Heck, my lv55 bear utilizes max dodge and doesn't even use Ironblood in pve!

But for pvp, bears can't rely on dodge as much because birds debuff 50 with both roots easy. I would assume fortified works better there, but I can't pvp as a bear ;)

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
It really depends. In pve, maximum dodge (mix of sewer and either fury or other items) is best for a tank. Heck, my lv55 bear utilizes max dodge and doesn't even use Ironblood in pve!

But for pvp, bears can't rely on dodge as much because birds debuff 50 with both roots easy. I would assume fortified works better there, but I can't pvp as a bear ;)

Dude, you should see my warbird.. with fortified... insane!!!

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, new fortified bonus is really awesome, I still prefer the dodge though. Especially vs bird/mages if they crit, would rather avoid the entire thing than reduce it by 20 :)

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, new fortified bonus is really awesome, I still prefer the dodge though. Especially vs bird/mages if they crit, would rather avoid the entire thing than reduce it by 20 :)

Id rather hit 32 more base dmg so they cant hit me in the first place ^^

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Id rather hit 32 more base dmg so they cant hit me in the first place ^^

For a warbird yeah :) that 32 damage adds directly to your skill damage, it's crazy.

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
For a warbird yeah :) that 32 damage adds directly to your skill damage, it's crazy.

I think doing more damage with Becon+ Stomp and having more armor and more HS is a good compromise to basically 21 dodge, also with around 50 HS you regen alot faster as opposed to around 35 and 20 less armor. In the end of the day I think that a Bear with Fortified is alot more deadly. It comes down to preference and play style as both sets are good

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
I think doing more damage with Becon+ Stomp and having more armor and more HS is a good compromise to basically 21 dodge, also with around 50 HS you regen alot faster as opposed to around 35 and 20 less armor. In the end of the day I think that a Bear with Fortified is alot more deadly. It comes down to preference and play style as both sets are good

That's true, but in my experience I need to survive the initial range advantage of birds/mages. If I can get through that fairly well, killing isn't really that hard :)

It's when they crit me for drain, ice, and fire or land their root, hit debuff, and break armour that I'm pretty much a sitting duck-bear. :p

Sigkill
04-17-2011, 10:55 PM
That's true, but in my experience I need to survive the initial range advantage of birds/mages. If I can get through that fairly well, killing isn't really that hard :)

It's when they crit me for drain, ice, and fire or land their root, hit debuff, and break armour that I'm pretty much a sitting duck-bear. :p

Switching between gears is always an option, for PVE I definitely hands down think that fortified is the better option. PVP its still up for grabs, I find fortified to be more like a luxury to have as the price is around 2.5 mil compared to the Fury's 1.7 mil. I believe that Fury is a more universal set as Bears, Birds, and Mages are decent with it. Fortified isn't really an option for Mages; but I find it works well on Birds/Bears

Ellyidol
04-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Switching between gears is always an option, for PVE I definitely hands down think that fortified is the better option. PVP its still up for grabs.

With more loadouts yeah.. but mine are filled for boosters/dex/str gear :(

I'll try to check my friends if they have a set, will test it out.

JaytB
04-17-2011, 11:01 PM
so, sig, you still liking fortified ;) I tried it on my mage too. And for pve it rocks IMO. Your spell dmg suffers way less than with fury and it still has similar survivability. I don't k ow about pvp though, I guess it's pretty useless without mana regen :(

spookytooth
04-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Yea i agree with dalone.. sewer helm and armor fury axe, and fortified shield wit a dodge or hs/armor ring FTW

AbsolutePally
04-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Fort set def works good for bears and birds. Whats even crazier was an int bird w enchanted staff set. Ate my dex mage sewer king set up... Even switching to int was a problem. Went down 2/5 :( Apparently crafted sets are finding odd usage very,beneficial to dif classes/builds. I like the expansion of strategy and options. GJ devs!!