PDA

View Full Version : Protocol in advising a guildmaster of scamming by a member of theirs.

carmine_blade
06-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Fellow Arlorians, some advice. If someone tried to scam you or successfully scammed someone you knew, and was displaying the guild title of a major leaderboard guild, should the guildmaster be advised, or is that being petty? There is no proof of it ocurring.

Would you want to know?

Serancha
06-18-2015, 05:59 PM
As long as the information isn't presented as an attack. Just lay out the facts and the GM will usually look into it. I dislike reports of "so and so scammed my friend". If it happened to you or you saw it directly, then go ahead. Third hand information is usually false in my experience.

Yes, most of us would rather know. In fact there is a history of gm's sharing that type of information amongst themselves in order to keep their sister guilds safe.

carmine_blade
06-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I appreciate the response Serancha. In this particular case I saw it directly. I will send a PM to the guildmaster in question- perhaps this thread could be closed as I have my answer and don't want it to devolve into drama :)