PDA

View Full Version : Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Pages : [1] 2

Remiem
06-18-2015, 06:04 PM

As you may have previously heard in Productor's May Producer's Letter (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?232374-May-Producer-Letter-for-Arcane-Legends), Locked Grand Crates of the Watch will be retired with the release of the new expansion. The good news? There are new crates coming to take their place!

The Locked Crates of the Ren'gol will come in three varieties: Locked Crate of the Ren'gol, Locked Large Crate of the Ren'gol and Locked MASSIVE Crate of the Ren'gol. As the names imply, larger crates will offer you more and better loot and will have different platinum price points to unlock them.

Locked Crates of the Ren'gol
The normal crates are the most common and can drop in any zone in or after Ydra Forest content. They will cost 5 platinum to open and drop 1 item.

Locked Large Crates of the Ren'gol
The large crates are the second rarest and can drop in any elite zone in or after the Shuyal content. They can also be crafted from regular Locked Ren'gol Crates. They will cost 10 platinum to open and drop 2 items.

Locked Massive Crates of the Ren'gol
These are the rarest crates and will only drop from Elite Ren'gol content. They can also be crafted from Locked Large Crates. They will cost 15 platinum to open and will drop 3 items.

The Loot
The new locked crates will have new loot as well, including:

New Legendary Gear Sets
Mythic Armor and Belts
Pets (including a new Arcane!)
Elixirs
Gold
Platinum (up to 100!)
Jewels
Ankhs and Respec Scrolls
Crate Tokens

Crate Tokens
Crate tokens are a brand new currency that you may have seen teased in the Public Test Server last week. Are you one of those who opened a thousand crates only to find yourself without that Arcane item you so desperately wanted? Now, crates will drop Crate Tokens which can be exchanged at the token vendor for extra rare items in game. So, no matter what, your crate opens will always add up to something.

Valkiryas
06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
So locked Crates will be replaced with Crates ....

So 1 Simply Crate will cost 5 Platinum to open and will Drop 1 Item, A Large Crate will cost 10 Platinum and will drop 2 items and a Massive Crate will cost 15 Platinum and will Drop 3 Items ....

Mmmm you guys realize that farm simply Crates will be way easier than any of those two left? Also what's the difference between A Large and a Massive? I mean 3 Simply Crates can do exactly the same job than a Massive WAY EASIER TO FARM!

Sorry but I don't see any way to farm Massive and Large Crates when I can easily farm simply Crates at Forest and Gold Mine.

Edit: Large and Massive need to have WAY better chances to loot an Arcane or Mythic Rarity .... Cause if they just have a "Small" chance in comparison with Simply Crate then they'll be "Pointless"

Anabrad
06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
2nd and yay

cauaseous
06-19-2015, 04:35 PM
The new tokens will be available for plat. only!!?? T_T

Dimitrian
06-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Wow
Didn't expect that coming.
Any plans on skill sistem? [emoji14]

Vrazicak
06-19-2015, 04:37 PM
So locked Crates will be replaced with Crates ....

So 1 Simply Crate will cost 5 Platinum to open and will Drop 1 Item, A Large Crate will cost 10 Platinum and will drop 2 items and a Massive Crate will cost 15 Platinum and will Drop 3 Items ....

Mmmm you guys realize that farm simply Crates will be way easier than any of those two left? Also what's the difference between A Large and a Massive? I mean 3 Simply Crates can do exactly the same job than a Massive WAY EASIER TO FARM!

Sorry but I don't see any way to farm Massive and Large Crates when I can easily farm simply Crates at Forest and Gold Mine.

Totally agree with this, those 5 plat crates will be cheaper than 10k after 1 month of expansion I can bet!

Dimitrian
06-19-2015, 04:42 PM
The new tokens will be available for plat. only!!?? T_T
Remi said that crate tokens will also drop from gold rengol crates.

Fibus
06-19-2015, 04:43 PM

I guess the post could be slightly clearer (I'll update it in a moment), but you won't be able to find these crates in any Brackenridge area zone. Not to be confused with the zone specified called "Brackenridge".

Zeus
06-19-2015, 04:50 PM
I guess the post could be slightly clearer (I'll update it in a moment), but you won't be able to find these crates in any Brackenridge area zone. Not to be confused with the zone specified called "Brackenridge".

Players will still farm Kraken Mines and other quick maps instead of opting for elite maps and the rarer crates instead of actually playing new content. I think in order for this system to work, there needs to be a discount in platinum cost.

Example:
- Locked Large Crates cost 5 Platinum to open
- Locked Massive Crates cost 10 Platinum to open

This way, there is some incentive to obtain the bigger and better crates. Everybody loves to save some platinum!

Additionally, crate tokens will drop for each and every crate opened? With platinum return granted per crate, this may crash the entire arcane market. I know with 1700 platinum, I am able to open 300+ locked crates. So, a shard would cost me roughly 750 crates if tokens drop at a 100% rate.

Just some potential issues I see!

Chr0nic
06-19-2015, 04:53 PM
how to find this crates??
When ne cap coming??

Vediovis
06-19-2015, 04:58 PM
So I guess tokens via golden Orc chest will take centuries to farm since it's seems this was how the new token system was suppose to work all along. :(

Fibus
06-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Players will still farm Kraken Mines and other quick maps instead of opting for elite maps and the rarer crates instead of actually playing new content. I think in order for this system to work, there needs to be a discount in platinum cost.

Example:

This way, there is some incentive to obtain the bigger and better crates. Everybody loves to save some platinum!

Additionally, crate tokens will drop for each and every crate opened? With platinum return granted per crate, this may crash the entire arcane market. I know with 1700 platinum, I am able to open 300+ locked crates. So, a shard would cost me roughly 750 crates if tokens drop at a 100% rate.

Actually, you get 1 crate token for every corresponding drop from the crate. So, regular crates drop 1 token + an item, large crates drop 2 tokens + 2 items, and massive crates drop 3 tokens + 3 items. The "item", of course, could be gear, consumable, gold, plat, etc.

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:01 PM
I hope that Crate Tokens aren't locked crate exclusive as that'd be ridiculous...

Gonnil
06-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Can a dev confirm or otherwise if there will be a final 2 x loot chance for locks before the expansion hits to allow players who have an existing stock to put them to good use and stand a better chance of getting something from them.

Or is there going to be a way to use them when expansion arrives towards crafting the new crates ??

Ebezaanec
06-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Names are too cumbersome.

Try "[Insert Adjective] Rengol Crates."

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Actually, you get 1 crate token for every corresponding drop from the crate. So, regular crates drop 1 token + an item, large crates drop 2 tokens + 2 items, and massive crates drop 3 tokens + 3 items. The "item", of course, could be gear, consumable, gold, plat, etc.
Opening the larger crates doesn't give any advantages. Opening 3 normal ren'gol lockeds is no different than opening a massive one.

Regardless of which crates I open I can get a shard for about 200 USD...

Zeus
06-19-2015, 05:08 PM

Wow!

This is just a personal opinion, but I think this needs to be looked into or else, many rare items will be seriously devalued. Perhaps, it should be a 50% chance to grant token? Or else, we will see a serious flooding of arcanes and other valuables in the market.

It should work as a reward system, agreed, but 1 token per drop may be just a tad bit too frequent.

Zeus
06-19-2015, 05:11 PM
So if regardless of which crates I open, I'd be able to get shard in about 200 USD of platinum...

Yes, this is what I am afraid of. It will turn the game completely to a pay2win sort of scenario. Previously, one could toss a lot of money into crates and come out empty-handed (something I've done in the past).

The token system is appreciated, but I think the 100% drop of tokens per drop is way too frequent and will devalue the entire market.

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Wow!

This is just a personal opinion, but I think this needs to be looked into or else, many rare items will be seriously devalued. Perhaps, it should be a 50% chance to grant token? Or else, we will see a serious flooding of arcanes and other valuables in the market.

It should work as a reward system, agreed, but 1 token per drop may be just a tad bit too frequent.
You're already gambling with opening lockeds, I personally wouldn't want to gamble with tokens. As the crates get bigger, we need them to have advantages. Maybe restricted loot i.e eliminating belts and new mythic armors in the normal locked ren'gol crate.

Zeus
06-19-2015, 05:18 PM
You're already gambling with opening lockeds, I personally wouldn't want to gamble with tokens. As the crates get bigger, we need them to have advantages. Maybe restricted loot i.e eliminating belts and new mythic armors in the normal locked ren'gol crate.

Sure, that's fine. Then I would raise the token cost for items like: shard, fossil, arcane eggs.

The values set in test server would mean that I can become instantly rich by dropping $200-300 on the game.

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Yes, this is what I am afraid of. It will turn the game completely to a pay2win sort of scenario. Previously, one could toss a lot of money into crates and come out empty-handed (something I've done in the past).

The token system is appreciated, but I think the 100% drop of tokens per drop is way too frequent and will devalue the entire market.
I don't think we should be able to craft the lockeds. Also restricting the arcane vendor to only sell arcane items from past expansions to keep the value of future arcane.items. The arcane egg market has already crashed and probably won't be revived anytime soon.

I think a crate from Ren'gol elites should have a chance to drop a token or tokens will definitely make this new scheme less p2w.

Titanium
06-19-2015, 05:22 PM
I

LOVE

Crate Tokens

Zeus
06-19-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't think we should be able to craft the lockeds. Also restricting the arcane vendor to only sell arcane items from past expansions to keep the value of future arcane.items. The arcane egg market has already crashed and probably won't be revived anytime soon.

I think a crate from Ren'gol elites should have a chance to drop a token or tokens will definitely make this new scheme less p2w.

That's certainly fair as well. Vendor only gets to sell previous seasons arcane items.

The only crates that should give a guaranteed chance of tokens per drop should be the massive crates. The other, lesser crates of Rengol should have chances to drop tokens - not guarantees (also a way to get people to obtain massive crates without lowering the platinum cost).

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:28 PM
That's certainly fair as well. Vendor only gets to sell previous seasons arcane items.

The only crates that should give a guaranteed chance of tokens per drop should be the massive crates. The other, lesser crates of Rengol should have chances to drop tokens - not guarantees (also a way to get people to obtain massive crates without lowering the platinum cost).
That's a great idea but massive crates should still drop 3 tokens. Although then I'd like to see the massive crates obtained in another way other than elites.

If they went ahead with the crafting idea I'd like to see the recipe be of one time use and dropped from normal Ren'gol bosses and elite mobs.

Titanium
06-19-2015, 05:29 PM

200$ for an item isn't enough? Arcane market dropped with 400% in the last couple of months. I think we should be resonable here and try to understand that a lot of people lost money and few won. With this new system everyone will win and our investement in this game will worth it ! Farming will win. Everyone will be busy getting locks . Why isn't that great?

Ladysophie
06-19-2015, 05:29 PM

QUESTION: Will the rengol crates continue to grant current arcane & mythics items from the locked grand crates lootable?

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:32 PM
200$ for an item isn't enough? Arcane market dropped with 400% in the last couple of months. I think we should be resonable here and try to understand that some people are losing and few are winning. With this new system everyone will win and our investement in this game will worth it ! Farming will win. Everyone will be busy getting locks . Why isn't that great?
For an arcane item $200 isn't a lot. $200 is 3400 which is around 220-250 lockeds (depending on how much extra plat is looted). I wouldn't expect to loot an arcane in 250 normal locked crates. 500 is more realistic but still not guarenteed.

Kakashis
06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
This is excellent and I predicted it! It will be a great incentive for the average person to open crates to get at least what they want! The Arcane market is already out the window and making it more affordable and common to the average player will bring their prices back down from the heavens. Let's face it, 20-150m items in the game were only for the extreme rich! At least rings can come back down to earth closer to 5-15m where they should have been. A game fair for everyone is better than a game for the very few and I think this new system can do it! Even I as a non plat player am tempted in opening crates because there is a chance to get my ring instead of just hoping before.

I do hope that the large and massive crates have higher chances to loot the items, or else opening the regular crates would be much easier.

I think 1000 tokens would still cost closer to 1k or $500 on a plat sale and not $200

Titanium
06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
For an arcane item $200 isn't a lot. $200 is 3400 which is around 220-250 lockeds (depending on how much extra plat is looted). I wouldn't expect to loot an arcane in 250 normal locked crates. 500 is more realistic but still not guarenteed.

For a level 41 arcane ?

Valkiryas
06-19-2015, 05:39 PM
In other hand I am agreed with this new Token System, And I support the idea about every Rengol Locked ( Doesn't matter it's Rarity ) drop them with guaranteed of get them.

Why?

Cause in our actual market is almost impossible get a Shard or a Fossil without spend loads of Platinum, please don't tell me about " Farm Hard and eventually you'll get it ", I am talking in a farmer perspective ( I farmed Dragon Bar, Brezes, Plaranite Ingot, Recipe, Lockeds, Elite Gear) And I am FAR AWAY TO GET A SHARD, At the moment arcane eggs are cheap and now some people that dream about get an Arcane pet can get it.

Love or Hate it, Farm is the very heart of Arcane Legends, and with this new system we ( Hard Farmers ) will have a chance to get a Nekro, Toor or Ring with hard work and get a compensation for it.

azicheebahan
06-19-2015, 05:41 PM
What will happen to the so many remaining locked crates of watch

Anyona
06-19-2015, 05:46 PM
This is excellent and I predicted it! It will be a great incentive for the average person to open crates to get at least what they want! The Arcane market is already out the window and making it more affordable and common to the average player will bring their prices back down from the heavens. Let's face it, 20-150m items in the game were only for the extreme rich! At least rings can come back down to earth closer to 5-15m where they should have been. A game fair for everyone is better than a game for the very few and I think this new system can do it! Even I as a non plat player am tempted in opening crates because there is a chance to get my ring instead of just hoping before.

I do hope that the large and massive crates have higher chances to loot the items, or else opening the regular crates would be much easier.

I think 1000 tokens would still cost closer to 1k or $500 on a plat sale and not $200
For shard (750):
3400 plats = around $200
750tokens/3tokens (per massive crate) = 250 massive crates
250*15plat = 3750 plat
On average I get around 400-600 extra plat drops from crates.

Titanium
06-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Somehow i understand people concerns about these tokens. It sucks for them who actually paid a lot of $ getting arcane shard/fossil. But even if tokens are going to be guaranteed or not arcane prices are going to have a lower value than now and 2 months months from now. It's actually how market is. Demand and supply !

azicheebahan
06-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Remi will we be given the chance to make new locked like ursume with the locked of watch

Vibrancy
06-19-2015, 05:52 PM
The Loot

New Legendary Gear Sets
Mythic Armor and Belts
Elixirs
Gold
Platinum (up to 100!)
Jewels
Ankhs and Respec Scrolls
Crate Tokens

Can we remove the gold from locked crates, and instead add it to elite bosses, please?

Alejandros
06-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Awesome idea and pls dnt let ppls comments change this +1

Spell
06-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Can we remove the gold from locked crates, and instead add it to elite bosses, please?
Iv always wondered why bosses drop such little gold. +1

Vediovis
06-19-2015, 06:06 PM
After reading some post here I agree that at least with these changes the high price of the Arcane Shard could possibly drop to reasonable prices and average players such as myself will finally be able to afford one. Assuming it works out this way.

I'll still hold on to the hopes that tokens from Orc Chest will not be extremely rare, though I'm well aware of AL RNG chances..

kapekaba99
06-19-2015, 06:07 PM
What about a non plat user we cant get token?

BlueSkied
06-19-2015, 06:14 PM
I fail to see how guaranteeing purchases with high level items is a bad thing. Are not people already running rampant with arcane pets, nekros? To secure yourself an item of worth by dropping a formidable sum of money is what the game needs; shying away from the RNG and assuredly getting your money's worth.

These changes won't suddenly bring every non plat spender to the pay to win club so I don't foresee much more of a market crash than has already occurred.

Also, lock farming will be viable again. Can't see any downside here.

anague
06-19-2015, 06:17 PM
btw maam/sir, how about for old lock crates?? can u make it more usefull? because alot of poor players including me did alot of efforts just to get an old locks ..and the price is really low now because of the new one.. i just want you guyz to know that a lot of us really did alot of hard works for that old locks and i just dont want that hard work to be nothing/useless.. I HOPE YOU guyz understand my point of view..thanks

Raregem
06-19-2015, 06:18 PM
To make the massive chests worth crafting/farming they need to be special. As it stands now I can just open 3 "regular" lockeds get 3 tokens and three chances. There is not a difference.

I propose making the massive chests 12 plat to open with double odds. They will be in high demand then and retain value.

Justno
06-19-2015, 06:21 PM
This will just increase the difference between people who buy plat and people who can't afford it...

princesslovess
06-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Is there any other way of getting these tokens? or are they just from opening locks?

Edward Coug
06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Wow!

Some players like me who hated the gambling aspect of locks are far more likely to buy plat now. I'd rather have a subscription-based game where everything had to be farmed, but I think this is a huge improvement.

And anyway, it was a pay to win before. If you spent a ton of money on plat, you were guaranteed to be rich. Are you suggesting that getting arcane shards or myth bows before took any skill or dedication whatsoever (besides those who earned gold from farming and bought in auction)? I can't help but feel that it's painful for some to have the best gear suddenly becoming accessible to the masses. But fear not, SNS probably won't be getting a re-release.

Endgame PVP, at the very least, should be more interesting. :)

Archerios
06-19-2015, 06:36 PM
This is actually an all win solution IMO
For STS : People won't have doubt to buy platinum to open crate because they will actually get something great.
For plat user : Spending lots of money and get nothing but a bunch of legendary set is just terrible.Hopefully this won't be happening again.
For Non plat user : The price of the items will get cheaper so its reachable.

Edited:STS need to add token to non plat chest too because what?Say u need to spend $200 to get guarantee arcane.But not everyone will spend that much.Say I spend $150 to open crate.If at end I didn't got any arcane,those token will prove to be useless because with $150,you only get 3/4 the token needed to buy an arcane item.It will make me even more upset than I should be before the token was introduce.Of course the non plat chest won't drop token as often as the plat chest.But at least I can farm the 1/4 token that I need to buy an arcane item.

DarrenPR
06-19-2015, 06:39 PM
I disagree with some people on this thread, to an extent. I have no problem with the flood of arcanes to the market and the crash of prices. That part is perfectly fine by me - as I may finally be able to afford a single upgrade to my current gear. What I disagree with is the whole pay to win aspect of this. If these tokens are really only available to people who spend real life money on the game to open the locked crates, what of the rest of the players? Should they just continue walking around in their legendary gear while everybody around them is in full mythic and arcane gear, not inviting them to any parties, thus stopping them from being able to make any profit? Should the non-plat spenders just sit around until they finally give in and pay money too, just to be able to play the game in the first place? I personally don't think this should be the way things are run. I am of the opinion that everybody should have a reasonably equal opportunity to get the same items. Platinum, if at all in the game, should be able to help a player get to his goal faster, but not so much faster that it's really the only viable option.

Even if regular and elite golden ren'gol crates drop a token or two every time they are opened, how long will it take to get enough tokens to buy something like a shard or fossil purely with farming? Let's just theorize here for a moment and say that a regular run of a ren'gol map takes 5 minutes, and that you are really lucky and get a golden ren'gol crate 20% of the time (1 in 5 runs). If a fossil or shard is 750 tokens and a golden chest guarantees 1 token, you will only have to run 3750 ren'gol maps to get enough tokens to pay for 1 item. At 5 minutes each, this comes out to 312.5 in game hours... to put that into perspective, that is 2 months for someone who gets on every single day and plays for 5 hours a day straight doing nothing but running ren'gol maps, with no breaks, and no spending time talking with friends in the game. Now, would I rather do that or drop a couple hundred dollars in STS's pocket and get the item I want in 5 minutes (or however long it takes to pop open a couple hundred locked crates) or spend 2 months of farming for 5+ hours a day just to get a single item drop? Point is, the gap between plat players and regular players is far too wide, and makes it so platinum is really the only way to play the game - if that continues to be true, this game will die.

The teasers posted so far have not excited me for the expansion, in fact they've made me even more concerned that this game is heading in the wrong direction. I'll wait until after the expansion release to make my final opinions, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like only people who pay real money will be able to take advantage of the better gear and systems of the game and the rest of the players will either give in and join the paying players or just quit the game entirely. Quite honestly, it'll be the latter, rather than the former. All said, I enjoy playing the game when there is something to do. I just fear that the game is going to come down to only farming locked crates rather than any end-game content, and with the increase of essentially pay2win content, you will see more and more players quit. Hope this does not become the case, though.

BabVna
06-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Finally some thing in return for sure for money spent. Good good. Almost about to wake away but feel better now. I am sure people now ready to open Crates. It should improve all in all for both plat player and farming player. Thanks to STS finally made a balance.

Dalmony
06-19-2015, 06:52 PM
To make the massive chests worth crafting/farming they need to be special. As it stands now I can just open 3 "regular" lockeds get 3 tokens and three chances. There is not a difference.

I propose making the massive chests 12 plat to open with double odds. They will be in high demand then and retain value.

Ya I was just wondering the same thing... if all of the crates have the same odds per item, it seems pointless to spend time crafting/farming the massive chests!

It would make more sense if each crate had slightly higher chance for mythics/arcanes than the ones before it... surely this is what they have in mind? Or the massive ones have a wider variety of loot or something?

Ladysophie
06-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I disagree with some people on this thread, to an extent. I have no problem with the flood of arcanes to the market and the crash of prices. That part is perfectly fine by me - as I may finally be able to afford a single upgrade to my current gear. What I disagree with is the whole pay to win aspect of this. If these tokens are really only available to people who spend real life money on the game to open the locked crates, what of the rest of the players? Should they just continue walking around in their legendary gear while everybody around them is in full mythic and arcane gear, not inviting them to any parties, thus stopping them from being able to make any profit? Should the non-plat spenders just sit around until they finally give in and pay money too, just to be able to play the game in the first place? I personally don't think this should be the way things are run. I am of the opinion that everybody should have a reasonably equal opportunity to get the same items. Platinum, if at all in the game, should be able to help a player get to his goal faster, but not so much faster that it's really the only viable option.

Even if regular and elite golden ren'gol crates drop a token or two every time they are opened, how long will it take to get enough tokens to buy something like a shard or fossil purely with farming? Let's just theorize here for a moment and say that a regular run of a ren'gol map takes 5 minutes, and that you are really lucky and get a golden ren'gol crate 20% of the time (1 in 5 runs). If a fossil or shard is 750 tokens and a golden chest guarantees 1 token, you will only have to run 3750 ren'gol maps to get enough tokens to pay for 1 item. At 5 minutes each, this comes out to 312.5 in game hours... to put that into perspective, that is 2 months for someone who gets on every single day and plays for 5 hours a day straight doing nothing but running ren'gol maps, with no breaks, and no spending time talking with friends in the game. Now, would I rather do that or drop a couple hundred dollars in STS's pocket and get the item I want in 5 minutes (or however long it takes to pop open a couple hundred locked crates) or spend 2 months of farming for 5+ hours a day just to get a single item drop? Point is, the gap between plat players and regular players is far too wide, and makes it so platinum is really the only way to play the game - if that continues to be true, this game will die.

The teasers posted so far have not excited me for the expansion, in fact they've made me even more concerned that this game is heading in the wrong direction. I'll wait until after the expansion release to make my final opinions, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like only people who pay real money will be able to take advantage of the better gear and systems of the game and the rest of the players will either give in and join the paying players or just quit the game entirely. Quite honestly, it'll be the latter, rather than the former. All said, I enjoy playing the game when there is something to do. I just fear that the game is going to come down to only farming locked crates rather than any end-game content, and with the increase of essentially pay2win content, you will see more and more players quit. Hope this does not become the case, though.

Plat buyers buy the chests and crates from farmers.
So farm. Drop rengol crates, rengol chests, materials to craft glinstone armors, merch and by the time you know it you will have enough gold to buy whatever you want :). I think the only advantage plat buyers will have this season is that they will be the first to get the new items, thats all. XD

Wutzgood
06-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Love the idea. Finally an end to all the I opened xxx locked and didn't get an arcane topics. Great job sts.

And honestly if someone spends $200 in any game they deserve to be rich in it. This may actually stabilize the market and have a lot more end game players fully geared.

If any kind of locked can get back to 10-15k again farmers will make money while the plat spenders will make money. It's a win win situation with this.

Iamsenpi
06-19-2015, 07:01 PM
It's really a win win for everyone ... Either u farm then sell for money or open and get goodies no matter what it's a win just don't be lazy and then everyone can have goodies

BabVna
06-19-2015, 07:06 PM
This is actually an all win solution IMO
For STS : People won't have doubt to buy platinum to open crate because they will actually get something great.
For plat user : Spending lots of money and get nothing but a bunch of legendary set is just terrible.Hopefully this won't be happening again.
For Non plat user : The price of the items will get cheaper so its reachable.

Good summary. I completely agree this will improve present situation of plat player and players hard farming. This will keep game alive which we all love to play.

Zeus
06-19-2015, 07:06 PM
I fail to see how guaranteeing purchases with high level items is a bad thing. Are not people already running rampant with arcane pets, nekros? To secure yourself an item of worth by dropping a formidable sum of money is what the game needs; shying away from the RNG and assuredly getting your money's worth.

These changes won't suddenly bring every non plat spender to the pay to win club so I don't foresee much more of a market crash than has already occurred.

Also, lock farming will be viable again. Can't see any downside here.

It's fine for everyone except non-plat users (who get a chance at token drop from Orc crates). Yes, non-plat users can farm crates but how long will it be until a surplus builds up and that is no longer needed?

I'm a plat user, and I've gotten over a year of use out of the 53.5M I initially invested in ring, so the devaluation doesn't affect me really on a personal level. However, when the game becomes pay to win, issues tend to arise - that is what I'm afraid of.

Overall, this is a GOOD change, but there are certain flaws that would be great if it could be addressed.

DarrenPR
06-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Plat buyers buy the chests and crates from farmers.
So farm. Drop rengol crates, rengol chests, materials to craft glinstone armors, merch and by the time you know it you will have enough gold to buy whatever you want :). I think the only advantage plat buyers will have this season is that they will be the first to get the new items, thats all. XD

That's of course assuming crates are worth farming, though. Sure, the guaranteed items make it look more promising that the price will hold up, but what if it doesn't? What if people stop caring about crates because of the drop in price of arcanes and mythics, just like they've done with current crates? Farming the crates then would not be a viable option. Then what do players do to make money?

cami
06-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!, Then I can not get token crates if I'm not a plat user????. BAD BAD VERY BAD -.-

anague
06-19-2015, 07:18 PM
pls dont forget old lock crates...we farmed it for how many months of harwork and it just booooooom and price get lower and lower..i hope sts will give us opportunity for the last time to do old locks usefull...come on guyz i know its not only me who did alot of hardworks for this old locks....

Fiasaria
06-19-2015, 07:24 PM
will the orch golden chest drop as rare as elite planar tomb chest ? cuz if that chests are as rare as a locked will be too cheap and everybody will be opening , and if they are as rare as planar chest people will sell it instead of open it

Ladysophie
06-19-2015, 07:25 PM
That's of course assuming crates are worth farming, though. Sure, the guaranteed items make it look more promising that the price will hold up, but what if it doesn't? What if people stop caring about crates because of the drop in price of arcanes and mythics, just like they've done with current crates? Farming the crates then would not be a viable option. Then what do players do to make money?
That might happen but not anywhere near the start of the season. Additionaly the guaranteed arcane item over time through tokens will make the rengol crates and chests highly desired even after a long period of time. Dust your weapons hehe :) :)

Serancha
06-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Has it been confirmed anywhere that tokens will be available anywhere other than locked crates? I have seen a couple of "Remi said blah blah" things but have yet to see an actual quote of where this was stated.

Ladysophie
06-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Has it been confirmed anywhere that tokens will be available anywhere other than locked crates? I have seen a couple of "Remi said blah blah" things but have yet to see an actual quote of where this was stated.
www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238399-The-Test-Server-is-Closing-Soon-Thanks-for-Playing-Wrap-Up!
Yw :)

Raregem
06-19-2015, 07:31 PM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238399-The-Test-Server-is-Closing-Soon-Thanks-for-Playing-Wrap-Up!

Under the loot section Remi added a chance from the gold orc chests.

Tatman
06-19-2015, 07:35 PM
This is turning into a pure p2w situation. I am sorry but advice like "farm crates and sell to plat whales" is bullsh*t extraordinaire. I want to farm actual stuff, not freaking locks.

Hercules
06-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Oh my god, Plat users not only are happy for feel the chance of get a arcane item from a locked. Now we have double chance of happiness! why? open and open and open crates = total maybe items arcanes + 1000 and more and more tokens we can buy the item arcane from naxbolt // we many money in game and STS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in life.

I'm a plat user but I'm felling bad for non- plat users...

acewasabi
06-19-2015, 07:37 PM
who cares if lots of arcanes and mythics flood the market? its afforable for everyone that way. and it will take time to farm so will keep expansion alive longer. plat buyers can quickly get their things and enjoy the advantages but everyone is pretty much guaranteed them one or the other in the end. either by eventually farming the ingredients or farming crates til they can afford to buy in auction. this is good for everyone. ppl who wouldn't normally buy plat will cos its a guaranteed something, and there will be high demand for crates for ages so good for farmers too.

sts i think this idea is great!

i just wanna know what fibus means when he says they can't be farmed in brackenridge area. cos all lvls need something to farm :)

Vediovis
06-19-2015, 07:40 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238399-The-Test-Server-is-Closing-Soon-Thanks-for-Playing-Wrap-Up!

Under the loot section Remi added a chance from the gold orc chests.
What makes me nervous is the "chance" part. The loot chances of tokens could be equal to looting an arcane item in grand crates. Add that to the rarity of (elite?) Golden Orc Chest and it could literally take upwards to a year to get a single item from Naxbot. Without popping any Rengol crates open.

Michael Woolley
06-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Awesome my 25 million will be worth so much more.

Hercules
06-19-2015, 07:44 PM
In other news: conclucion of this thread the GREAT winner of the new expansion are we the plat users :D

anague
06-19-2015, 07:45 PM
pls give old lock crates something good so that we can consume all 50,000 old locks remaining...pls dont leave old lock crates behind...

Aerodude
06-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Pls confirm if the crates can only be opened by plat and the only way to get those tokens is by opening them then that means non plat farmers will suffer its not fair that they can only earn tokens from opening -.- its not fair then how can the non plat farmer get the good stuff if WE ARE WILLING TO FARM ALOT FOR THEM and not open crates for those its just not fair

Jeffgeomon
06-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Tokens drop from Rengol crates...which require plats to open. How would hardcore farmers that like to play the game the challenging way (i.e.not spending plats) obtain those arcane items besides farming for locks like a robot? If there are more farming options for the f2p people for them to obtain far-reaching goals, farming would very much be renewed unlike its current status.

DarrenPR
06-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Tokens drop from Rengol crates...which require plats to open. How would the hard-farmers that like to play the game the challenging way (i.e.not spending plats) obtain those arcane items besides farming for locks like a robot? If there are more farming options for the f2p people for them to obtain far-reaching goals, farming would very much be renewed unlike its current status.

Well, as Remi said in http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238399-The-Test-Server-is-Closing-Soon-Thanks-for-Playing-Wrap-Up <-- this post, "Golden Orc Chests will now have a chance to drop a Crate token."

So, if you like the challenge of being free to play, you can spend 6-12 months farming for hours upon hours every day to hopefully farm enough tokens to buy 1 single arcane item....
Or you could just spend a couple hundred on the game and guarantee an arcane in like 5 minutes - your choice.

Aerodude
06-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Wow I can't believe people thought that if arcanes flood the market the non-plat users will have a chance of buying it but its not that easy even if there's 500 arcane fossils and shards whether in auc or not obviously NOT EVERYBODY COULD AFFORD IT not all non-plqt users have the "recquired" gold amount for it. It will probably just make the gap between rich and poor larger because the rich can just but those arcanes when there cheaper

yubaraj
06-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Is $300 cheaper for a single virtual item in a game? ( 300 dollars may stay true if the token needed in a final expansion is same as test server). Although, It does not stop at 300 dollars because we will still need crates. I am not sure how much the normal crate gonna cost me. Even I assume 10 k per crate = 1,000 x 10,000=10,000,000 gold. However some of the loot or drop may compensate on this expenses. Also, there is crafting/levelling part which is not easy/cheap either.

Some old rich players may be worried that they may not profit from the arcane items they have been hoarding. But please also think about new poor players.

If this lock system is implemented it will help most player. As non plat player can farm locked whereas plat players can have certain assurance to get something in return after opening crates. And noob poor players like me do not have to wait for 2-3 years to get one single arcane items if I put on some hard work.

Please STS don't change your decision as it will help balance the game at certain levels.

Aren't we already tired of chance/luck system!!!

Jeffgeomon
06-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Well, as Remi said in http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238399-The-Test-Server-is-Closing-Soon-Thanks-for-Playing-Wrap-Up <-- this post, "Golden Orc Chests will now have a chance to drop a Crate token."

So, if you like the challenge of being free to play, you can spend 6-12 months farming for hours upon hours every day to hopefully farm enough tokens to buy 1 single arcane item....
Or you could just spend a couple hundred on the game and guarantee an arcane in like 5 minutes - your choice.

Which was exactly my point. No one wants to farm "6-12 months" of those chests just for "1 single arcane item". The luck based "chance" of obtaining one further destroys any reason to farm them. That's why by favouring p2w players, sts has created a larger gap between the rich and poor. Thus, farmers need more options to farm for them, and an increased chance of doing so.

extrapayah
06-19-2015, 08:00 PM

this is genius! not only it will keep farmers alive, and it won't let gold to be too abundant for lock poppers (which most call it by 'inflation'), and force a good and real gold flow from farmers to lock poppers and vice versa...

please consider this, devs
thank you

Aprove
06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
I wonder, what will happen to old lockeds.

DarrenPR
06-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Which was exactly my point. No one wants to farm "6-12 months" of those chests just for "1 single arcane item". The luck based "chance" of obtaining one further destroys any reason to farm them. That's why by favouring p2w players, sts has created a larger gap between the rich and poor. Thus, farmers need more options to farm for them, and an increased chance of doing so.

I'm completely with you on this one. I'm opposed to p2w. Microtransactions are fine, but when it comes to the point where they are the only way to play the game, the game isn't worth playing anymore. It may not have come across in text, but there is a lot of resentment towards the current proposed locked crate system in my reply to you. In one of my earlier posts on this thread, I figured at 5 minutes per run with a 20% chance of getting golden chests (very lucky individual) it would take 2 months of farming at 5 hours a day to get 1 arcane item if the tokens were guaranteed. Multiply that time by whatever the chance is to get a token out of a ren'gol chest and you're looking at an actual entire season of playing 5 hours a day or more straight just to farm a single arcane item that someone who pays a couple hundred dollars to the game company can just get essentially instantly - guaranteed! I think it's not a very good plan for the future of the game, but I'm not a business analyst or anything. Just a guy who has seen several MMOs flop hard when pay 2 win systems were implemented in them. Who knows what will happen in the end though.

davidvilla
06-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Hi fibus and remiem,
I appreciate the way u guys looked after platinum users to tackle the complaint of getting nothing from loot. But I disagree on this point that those items which were quite rare in game are now going to get viral. Take an example of nightshade. It was limited to 3 players last year and now I can see hundreds n hundreds of players running around with them. It's good to see being used but the exclusive nature got destroyed by tokens and the same thing is going to happen for these token based items.

What I feel is the tokens system has to be considered once again. Don't make it so easily available. And I agree with many of the players about the p2w based scenario. Is platinum everything in this game? Do u guys know it's going to destroy motivation Content from players? How come non platinum players afford these items? How about the economy?

For those I would like to forward some points for consideration.
- Token items to be non tradable or stashable (including Nekro egg and arcane ring)
- 1 token point from opening elite chest from rengol boss drops
- 1 token point from opening locked massive chest of rengol only
- new map and new village to be opened for 41 and above players only. So that twinks won't get their hands on these token based items so easy to abuse at their levels.

Alhuntrazeck
06-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Please make these tokens farmable in only the new elite maps with a higher drop chance than teeth were. Instead of 1 for 5 Plat assured, you would have the chance to get 1 for 15 mins+ (I'm assuming).

I've said it before, but an mmo should have an easy way to a goal - by spending real money - and the hard way, by working your a$$ off for it. Don't make this expansion P2W again, especially considering this is quite possibly the last expansion in AL.

Valkiirye
06-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Nice more for Platimun Users

Madnex
06-19-2015, 08:28 PM

Exactly. Unless we haven't been filled in, there's no real benefit for opening a massive crate comparing to the simplest one. Sure you'll need three items instead of one but considering how much easier the first one will be to acquire, I can't see those fancy large ones being in any demand at all.

Suggestions:
-Lower the platinum needed (5 for simple, 8 for double, 12 for triple drop).
-Increase the loot chances accordingly by 3-5% increments (item X has 5% in simple, 8.5% in double, 11.5% in triple).
-Increase the token payouts so they scale ( 1+ item, 3 + items, 6 + items).

Maunyabastian
06-19-2015, 08:36 PM
This is going to be the cycle of this game:

Non-plat players spent hours of playing -> loot many crates -> sold on auction -> benefit for plat players.
Plat players spent minutes of playing -> bought crates -> loot arcane and mythic items -> no benefit for non-plat players.

If only they made it more f2p, 50% of the notable players would not have retired.

Farminer's
06-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Well I'm what I'm doing I will buy plat when on sale. And then open those crates whew

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Madnex
06-19-2015, 09:16 PM
The issue here is that people saw arcanes for tokens and thought "woot, free arcanes for all". That's not the case. Ren'gol crates are replacing platinum based crates after all.

The token system isn't focusing on making the game "more f2p" but it's helping everyone; paying players directly and non-paying indirectly. Everyone except the "wallet warriors" who expected the OP pet/gear they were once lucky to get to keep being OP and only accessible for very few so they can feel like they're good at this game by plain overgear.

We just need a few tweaks there and there but the basis for this system is good to go. Perhaps a weekly quest that rewards 30-50 tokens for killing 20 elite Ren'gol bosses. Stuff like that.

Ladysophie
06-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Exactly. Unless we haven't been filled in, there's no real benefit for opening a massive crate comparing to the simplest one. Sure you'll need three items instead of one but considering how much easier the first one will be to acquire, I can't see those fancy large ones being in any demand at all.

Suggestions:
-Lower the platinum needed (5 for simple, 8 for double, 12 for triple drop).
-Increase the loot chances accordingly by 3-5% increments (item X has 5% in simple, 8.5% in double, 11.5% in triple).
-Increase the token payouts so they scale ( 1+ item, 3 + items, 6 + items).
Isn't that a bit too much for a crate that guarantees already a token each time you open it & is here to stay forever?
I suggest to simply:
- invert the plat cost.
15 plat : simple crate. 1 loot + 1 token
10plat : middle crate. 2 loot + 2 tokens
5plat: massive crate. 3 loot + 3 tokens

Rogueulator
06-19-2015, 09:31 PM
This thread makes me laugh a little. Let's get something straight folks.. the primary goal is to extract as much money from paying or potential paying players as possible. Let that soak in a little. Now why would players pay money if things are "fair"? There is a conflict of interests there. You're welcome.

anague
06-19-2015, 09:55 PM
wew i want a info about old lock crates..i hope sts will not leave old lock crates behind, i mean make them usefull because there is alot of old crates remaining...and that old lock crates came from a poor and hardworking players like me....

Enraged
06-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Crate Tokens from Locked Crates :'( *sigh*

Prahasit Prahi
06-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Game becomes sick day to day...!

Of course it has been made by STS they rule it...they need more money and they take it in this way.

These type of updates are the reason why people stop playing the game and that's what happening in AL.
And STS people trying to uplift the market well that's not gonna happen in any time soon.

vawaid
06-19-2015, 10:36 PM
wait... no arcane shard from new locked crate?

sent by a nab using tapasucks

bedmaster
06-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Will elite chests from rengol drop tokens? Im a non plat player :/ i hope like copper elite chest drop 1 token gold 3 tokens... considering how hard and time consuming the new elite maps are.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Ravager
06-19-2015, 10:45 PM
So for non-plat players, the game remains the same before and after expansion :/. Farm locks now. Farm locks later too.

Its the only small money-maker that holds a small ounce of value.

Oursizes
06-19-2015, 10:52 PM
This expansion will probably just be a joke now. Got my hopes up high and then it all crashed like the economy when the crate thread was released yesterday. Sts DID say they were gonna make it more for F2P players. In a way they did. Now instead of farming a map scaled to like level 11 or 16 or whatever, you get to farm a map scaled to endgame for locks! And oh wait, if you dont have gold then you probably cant run the elite maps which drop the chests for tokens I assume. So many new things for f2p players. 2 years of chores for pixels! Who doesn't want that, right? (sarcasm).

nuwar
06-19-2015, 10:57 PM
...................s u n...............................

SacredKnight
06-19-2015, 11:03 PM
So basically the system is revamped but not changed, those who open locks still get something and those who don't lack a way to get things without playing for days on end. Why not just make a straight Platinum to Arcane/Mythic conversion then? I think I hear Zeus asking for these things to be harder to loot, and I may be misreading (Sorry if I do) but from what I hear he says that spend $300 on a game and becoming instantly rich is to easy? That prices should be higher so people would need to spend more to be guaranteed rich.

Absurd.

:/

acewasabi
06-19-2015, 11:34 PM
So basically the system is revamped but not changed, those who open locks still get something and those who don't lack a way to get things without playing for days on end. Why not just make a straight Platinum to Arcane/Mythic conversion then? I think I hear Zeus asking for these things to be harder to loot, and I may be misreading (Sorry if I do) but from what I hear he says that spend $300 on a game and becoming instantly rich is to easy? That prices should be higher so people would need to spend more to be guaranteed rich.

Absurd.

some players pretend they want the best for everyone but really just want to extend their own advantage over the game.

also $300 is a LOT to spend on a game that isn't even subscription and damn straight i want at least one amazing virtual game item in return for my half a weeks wages!

Zeus
06-19-2015, 11:42 PM

Absurd.

Hello SacredKnight,

You say absurd, I say rational and logical. Why? In the current set-up (assuming that token values will remain the same), $200-300 is manageable for most folks to spend. If it is manageable and guarantees them the best gear, then spending becomes a routine, almost like a purchasing a new set of tires every few months. Next arcane item? Drop another $200-300. When I left PL for AL, I enjoyed walking away from that sort of system. The fact that AL was not a directly pay2win game won me over. Yes, one could spend but there was a chance that spending the money would result in one coming out empty handed. As a result, it did not segregate the plat players from the non-plat players.

In PL, the object that causes a divide between plat players & non-plat players was elixirs. Unless a player was capable of running on a Thrasher Elixir, players would not farm with you. Here, it will be gear. Non-plat players will farm with non-plat players and plat-players will stick with their own groups. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the pay2win style which is why I and many others dislike it.

So, because $200-300 is manageable for many players (mainly U.S players w/ decent salaries), most of these players will be able to afford to drop that sort of money to get the best gear. The rest? They are left behind to farm locked crates, which will provide a meager income.

For me, this system is beneficial because it's far cheaper to spend $200-300 every few months than randomly bingeing on crates. However, for every other non-platinum user...it is not. By upping the token cost, STG deters this sort of pay2win spending. If it's very expensive, people will think twice before splurging but it still will not stop the whales from spending. However, the other solution (and potentially better) which I liked was Madnex's suggestion which allows a slightly more efficient way of farming tokens for F2P. This solution expelled the chasing after a chance to loot a token in a crate that took them 15 minutes to farm in the first place. F2P will still chase after the golden orc crates for more tokens, but they also have weekly quests to look forward to.

Something like what Madnex suggested would be viable for F2P.

tonyyyyy
06-20-2015, 12:20 AM
I don't have any plat so ...I will never open these crates ... So give some plat first

Majin Vineet
06-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the post devs. And great new system.

One question clicking in mind
Other than drop rate difference Is there any restriction for normal crates?
Like normal won't drop arcane items or it will drop item limited to legendary category and scrolls etc.

And for Zeus n other top players
Bro there is old saying in different styles "let ur little brother play with your old toys which u don't need "
I hope u guys will also like to move to next power level and limites instead staying at same repeated thing.
U guys are top players and will like to be on top and u will love to prove once again why u r on top.

Change is rule of life. No changes then u r practically dead.
Thanks

Majin Vineet
06-20-2015, 12:38 AM
pls don't make any difference in token loots or plates required. Your current system is very good.
Thing I can see many of non plate users will do offers now cos if u took out few countries then majority of people got only 2-5-7 plates form those offers which pay plates "sometimes". Collecting 15 plates for single opening mskes them hopeless and they quit for offers. But now with low drop rates ( imagine drop rate of watch lock divided by 2-4 cos of normal crate not massive , lol its gonna be a lol or troll) they will get some activity in locks keeping lock rates high and better game economics . It won't make any big difference for arcane or mythic.

anague
06-20-2015, 12:46 AM
if u will NOT make the old locks useful or better than before the price of old locks will go low..if that will happend, alot of players specially those farmers will be disappointed..because they had a hardtime having those old locks...i HOPE sts will have a good plan for OLD LOCKS ihope...

thekragle
06-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Sooo tired of people complaining about plat buyers. "Plat buyers get all the good stuff while us farmers get nothing! It's not fair! We farm and get nothing, you shouldn't have to spend money to have a chance at arcane!" Hello! If everyone farmed only, this game wouldn't exist. It requires people constantly buying plat. For that those people deserve a little extra than those that dont. Without plat buyers we don't have a game so yeah, give plat buyers an advantage over everyone else, cuz they are the reason I get to play! - RANT OVER

thekragle
06-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Where does it say you are guaranteed a crate token every time you open a crate? I read it as it is one of the items that could be in your crate.

wizzaq
06-20-2015, 01:36 AM
I'd like to see that Elite bosses can drop those tokens to, like in tinidirin (teeths), which can be use in the vendor (expedition camp).
Hope their can be changing something, so non plat users can get things to
But thats lockeds now are 5-10-15 plat cost is great :)

PS: The drop chance can be like tinidirin to. And its nice if those elite bosses (rengol), can drop tokens.

yubaraj
06-20-2015, 01:41 AM
I am not a big plat spender nor I am hardcore farmer. However, I understand that everyone wants to have necro, arcane ring for their character(s).

When there is guarantee of an arcane item, more players will spent more money to open crates (assumptions).

If my assumptions is right then there will be huge demand for crates. When demand is greater than supply, crate market will be strong.

In this situation everyone wins, STS will earn more revenue, plat spenders will still be happy when it guarantees a return, nonplat players will farm and get revenue selling crates.

It will help for balance because there will be more supply of arcane items which will obviously decrease arcane value but viable to mass players. ( More players, more competition, more fun )

Also, I don't consider that spending 300 dollars will grant me an arcane item because I will still need to buy or farm lots of crates. I will need millions of gold or countless hours of grinding to farm crates. If I choose to open massive crate and Even it guarantees massive crate drop every rengol elite run (which will not be easy and I don't think STS gonna implement crate drop guarantee each run). You guys do the math how many complete runs will be needed to get enough crates.
I don't think rengol crates are going to drop like rain as locked grand crate were dropping from Jarl. (STS already cleared Brackenridge maps will not drop rengol crates.)

SO THEORY ABOUT SPENDING 300 DOLLARS AND GET ARCANE IS TOTALLY WRONG.

As some players suggested, little bit of tweak on required amount of plat to open or drop rate should be made to create equal desirability on each kind of crates.

Anarchial
06-20-2015, 01:41 AM
I love it if I am rewarded tokens everytime I open crates :D.
However the assumption that it would be p2p then totally is actually wrong here. Agreed that it would be easier to get an arcane then but then again it would drive the prices down. Right now nekro and arcane ring are still out of bounds for most f2p and p2p players as well? Is that fair? Of course not.
Now with this token system, open lockeds get a shard and use it or sell it. With demands and supply of course the price will go down. Hence more f2p players could actually afford it.

I disagree with most posts that it would ruin the game playing system and that its not fair for f2p players cause of the reasons above.

And I totally agree with Madnex and others that there should be a benefit of opening massive crates. Right now I can open 3 normal lockeds and get the same result. If there is no advantage in opening those massive lockeds why would i run elites at all? Also a definite yes is to guarentee the token in orc chests as well so they too can have a chance of their own arcanes without depending on anyone else.

Thank you all for reading :)

Frostquantum
06-20-2015, 02:20 AM
And is there platinum sale for the new expansion?

Anyona
06-20-2015, 02:39 AM
People are missing the point that there are other things to farm and make gold from.
-Jewel farming&crafting
-New elite dropped loot
-Farming&crafting Ren'gol crates
-Events
-Farming&selling golden orc chests
These are some ways to make gold in the expansion. Golden orc chests can be bought from the cs and hopefully they contain a 100% chance at 1 token.

With the new crates I think that as the crate gets bigger it should have better odds at looting an arcane/mythic item or a higher chance at looting Toor/Gold Toor . Toor and Gold Toor should be removed from the vendor and be exclusive in these new crates. Another thing STS could do is discontinue arcanes from previous expansions and make them accessable from the new vendor. This will hopefully keep the arcane market at a stable level.

mathod
06-20-2015, 02:54 AM
Add tokens to MASSIVE Crates, Elite bosses and Elite gold chests Only ! Perhaps other crates and elite chests u can add tokens like only chance

Midievalmodel
06-20-2015, 03:12 AM
People are missing the point that there are other things to farm and make gold from.
-Jewel farming&crafting
-New elite dropped loot
-Farming&crafting Ren'gol crates
-Events
-Farming&selling golden orc chests
These are some ways to make gold in the expansion. Golden orc chests can be bought from the cs and hopefully they contain a 100% chance at 1 token.

With the new crates I think that as the crate gets bigger it should have better odds at looting an arcane/mythic item or a higher chance at looting Toor/Gold Toor . Toor and Gold Toor should be removed from the vendor and be exclusive in these new crates. Another thing STS could do is discontinue arcanes from previous expansions and make them accessable from the new vendor. This will hopefully keep the arcane market at a stable level.

There is big problem here. The major concerning issue is that these legendary gears dropping from elites will quickly become obsolete because of the more readily available new mythic set due to the token system. Plat users/In-game Rich players will have almost guaranteed mythic set if they spend X amount of dollars. At some point.....probably several months into the expansion everyone and their momma will have a mythic set either due to plat use/plat farmers flooding the market which drops prices and makes it readily available to everyone to buy at a reasonable gold price. This will recreate the awful situation back when mythic armors/helms were allowed to be upgraded causing everyone to have these mythic items and killing the farming/gameplay aspect of AL. Eventually everyone will have there upgraded maxed out jewels.....bam there goes jewel farming and making any decent gold from it. Now what......yup you guessed it.....farming locked crates for moderate to minimal profit. Even the new event gear will be worthless....why? because STG had made a silly promise long ago that mythic items will remain the best for duration of the season so new event legendary gear will still be subpar compared to mythic items obtained at beginning of the season.

Inevitably, the economy will hence revert back to what is now.....locked farming....then eventually nothing is worth farming anymore and game dies. People fail to see the long term implications of making mythic and arcane gear so readily available. What this does is make this game stagnant and we are back to square one. I'm guessing this is STGs last expansion and they aren't all that interested in the further longevity of this game after this money squeezing expansion.

The best solution to this if STG cares at all about the longevity of this game is to let go of the notion that mythics or even arcane will be the best all season. This allows for progression of newly added mythics/legendary gear/arcane items to continue to increase in stats and become sought after through out this assuredly long long long season (maybe 2 years or last expansion ever). I mean gosh, I'm even ok with them making every 4 to 5 months clock in as a new season....even if there is no new level cap or new maps. Then they can release new items in the game through out elite maps, events, token vendors and crates. This will keep the AL gameplay fluid and players interested.

ilhanna
06-20-2015, 03:20 AM
GG STS. Make those beautiful maps then make players go back to farming lockeds in Ydra maps and up. Tell us to test the new content then give people who stay in cities popping lockeds a lot more advantage than players who run the new maps to figure out ways to run it better. Tell me again how this new system is better. It took a massive amount of plat to open lockeds to get shard then, it still will take hundreds of dollars worth of plat to get one in the new system; makes absolutely no difference to people who can't buy plat. Their lot is the measly "chance" of token in Orc Crate. How is this rewarding skills, experience, learning and teamwork? With this system, you can show off your new arcane ring and pets in cities after spending rl money without having to run a single elite map. Kind of like what you saw in the test server: empty maps, or at best a map of quitters, and a city of merchants with OP gear. A glimpse of the expansion?

marfibagheera
06-20-2015, 03:41 AM
This means the only way to get tokens is by opening lockeds ? What about non-plat player? :(

KillerXyler
06-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Oh i didn't know that the new expansion is for plat users. What is it for non plat users? Anything? or still the same, you'll just keep ignoring them?
It's really good to know that their are plat users who are not that greedy. Meaning its ok for them if the price of arcane and mythic drops if thats the only way to have a game balance.
I don't know why is it a big deal for a plat user who has 99m or more golds already, if these arcanes/mythics prices go down and average players can start to afford it?! You planning to use those golds in real life? lol

P.S.
If plats don't exist in this game you're nothing. Thank plats they gave you a good equip but it doesn't mean you are an OP player. You even struggle getting into LB. LOL
I won't mention any name coz lightning might struck me! :smiley_simmons::smiley_simmons::smiley_simmons:

Barbarkonig caramel
06-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Wow cool
But when the next update? :confusion:

Ladysophie
06-20-2015, 05:23 AM
There is big problem here. The major concerning issue is that these legendary gears dropping from elites will quickly become obsolete because of the more readily available new mythic set due to the token system. Plat users/In-game Rich players will have almost guaranteed mythic set if they spend X amount of dollars. At some point.....probably several months into the expansion everyone and their momma will have a mythic set either due to plat use/plat farmers flooding the market which drops prices and makes it readily available to everyone to buy at a reasonable gold price. This will recreate the awful situation back when mythic armors/helms were allowed to be upgraded causing everyone to have these mythic items and killing the farming/gameplay aspect of AL. Eventually everyone will have there upgraded maxed out jewels.....bam there goes jewel farming and making any decent gold from it. Now what......yup you guessed it.....farming locked crates for moderate to minimal profit. Even the new event gear will be worthless....why? because STG had made a silly promise long ago that mythic items will remain the best for duration of the season so new event legendary gear will still be subpar compared to mythic items obtained at beginning of the season.

Inevitably, the economy will hence revert back to what is now.....locked farming....then eventually nothing is worth farming anymore and game dies. People fail to see the long term implications of making mythic and arcane gear so readily available. What this does is make this game stagnant and we are back to square one. I'm guessing this is STGs last expansion and they aren't all that interested in the further longevity of this game after this money squeezing expansion.

The best solution to this if STG cares at all about the longevity of this game is to let go of the notion that mythics or even arcane will be the best all season. This allows for progression of newly added mythics/legendary gear/arcane items to continue to increase in stats and become sought after through out this assuredly long long long season (maybe 2 years or last expansion ever). I mean gosh, I'm even ok with them making every 4 to 5 months clock in as a new season....even if there is no new level cap or new maps. Then they can release new items in the game through out elite maps, events, token vendors and crates. This will keep the AL gameplay fluid and players interested.
Lol true, if the mythics especially the glinstone armors can be bough with tokens at the vendor then it's gg PvE. IMO only Bonecrusher mythic items should be available in crates and the best armor the Glinstones should be available only through farming.
Neither of the two should be sold by the vendor. XS

greekAL
06-20-2015, 05:29 AM
i think tokens should hv 2 ways of gather them! the easy one from locks and the hard one from farm! otherwise no reason play just wait the x amount of money to buy plats and u hv them all!

Shepherdized
06-20-2015, 05:57 AM
can you guys make token unlocks bound to the character that unlocks it, so the economy isn't ruined. *my two cents*

but the CON will be that you could only should purchase an arcane fossil with tokens on a lvl 41 or above so you could craft it to nekro for instance.

Please sts if you read this don't flood the market with nekros and arcane rings, or instead bring shady and surge back. The game needs to make sure the economy stays intact somehow,
and I don't think flooding the market with nekros and arcane rings is the answer.

Dashie
06-20-2015, 06:48 AM
What makes u think to do so ? ( Sorry I forgot since session 6 it's the only PLATINUM USER GAME ) 1 crate token for every corresponding drop from the crate. So, regular crates drop 1 token + an item, large crates drop 2 tokens + 2 items, and massive crates drop 3 tokens + 3 items. What I'm saying is that,token dropped is almost fix for every opening, so they can easily get rarest item of game.

So I'm guessing this, you guys are only focusing for platinum user; of course you guys must have to for running economic. But you guys have to also think about other side of coin. I mean what about non platinum user ?? There should be also good farming system for them and as good rewarding system too.

I must say this makes some people to leave game. ( P.S I said some people, nvm you guys don't need to worry about some people. Today it's some,tomorrow it will be more some and the day after tomorrow it will be more and more and the end will come. )

Bunny♥
06-20-2015, 07:27 AM
eh, the game is already pay to win, but with this new crates at least you know where you are going while opening those crates, you wont end up loosing everything.

merch_master
06-20-2015, 07:28 AM
This makes the game more p2w then ever before....all that excitement for a token system, for what? This mockery
Seriously, this crosses troll level.
So what is an f2p player supposed to do? farm locks and sit back? wow that is so much farmable value.
Not to mention creating all that beautiful content, just so people can sit in a corner and pop locks all over again?
I mean, there was barely any problem with locks except few people not finding it rewarding enough, so you make the whole point of an year and a half expansion just to polish p2w
It is still salvageable. Just make tokens drop from the elite bosses.
Taking into consideration, its 700 tokens for a shard; it means 700 runs of those huge maps of top of the cream elite contents, which is hugely difficult and time-consuming, but worth it.
Why was a announcement about 'farmable mythic set' even made if this was how it was going to turn not
Not bashing, just thouroughly displeased

Titanium
06-20-2015, 08:25 AM
* f2p will farm crates

* p2p will need crates

* crates are going to be crafted in other massive crates

* crates are going to guarantee tokens

* crates are going to have a higher demand

* a higher demand means a higher price

* p2p will pop many crates

* p2p will flood the market with arcanes

* arcanes are going to have a lower cost day by day

* f2p can finally afford arcanes

Stop reading between lines and do some math. New crates are going to cost 10k-15k

Toxophilite
06-20-2015, 08:29 AM
can you guys make token unlocks bound to the character that unlocks it, so the economy isn't ruined. *my two cents*

but the CON will be that you could only should purchase an arcane fossil with tokens on a lvl 41 or above so you could craft it to nekro for instance.

Please sts if you read this don't flood the market with nekros and arcane rings, or instead bring shady and surge back. The game needs to make sure the economy stays intact somehow,
and I don't think flooding the market with nekros and arcane rings is the answer.

^ ^ THIS ^ ^ I approve this post

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 08:32 AM
So happy that the lockeds will guarantee tokens.

Next announcements on Orc chests dropping chest tokens too and we will have happy faces everywhere :)

And to some people who's begging for old locked crates' lifespan. Get over the old crate already. The new ones are here to save you.

coldheart
06-20-2015, 08:53 AM
It's all good.1 token per crate...stop crying like babies.

Trojan2100
06-20-2015, 09:17 AM
All I see is rich plats buyers vs average plat users . You guys can argue till expansion comes out its your money . I'm worried about non plat users doesn't seem like they will be able to get endgame gears without gambling with plat . I fear we will lose a lot of ppl . Few will farm until they relise they are farming crate they can't ever open . Others will hang on for little while like now then give up . Sts hasn't released all the info , let's see what else they bring to the table for non plat users .

Gonnil
06-20-2015, 09:18 AM
I wanna put my opinion forward regarding this....

Now this may only apply to me or it may be the view of others, i suspect the latter.. but the problem i see with the way the crates are to work is tha,t as others have already mentioned, it is going to be way too easy for the vast majority or ppl to purchase a moderate amount of plat, and simply farm the level 1 crates, and in turn craft the level 3 crates and obtain the best items in the game.

At the minute for me certainly, the number one appeal for me is to obtain the best gear. In so doing you are making your character better that others. Who doesnt like the "Wow you are awesome" or "Woah how is your Dmg / crit whatever.. so high" that you hear from lower level players of players new to the game ?

You get that by achieving the gear and / or pets that others dont have. Now I am absolutely fine with the idea of being able to pay to win if you so wish.. Anyone who wants to spend their money to buy platinum should be able to do so and should be able to get the best gear that way. On the opposide of the coin, anyone who refuses to pay money and simply wants to farm for the best items, well that is also absolutely fine. The problem here is that we are going to have within a few weeks of the expansion hitting, everyone having and arcane ring / and Nekro !

This will completely devalue "the best gear / pet" in the game and will take away the possibility for people to be set apart from everyone else by having the best kit.

Not so long back there was a debate over the forums regarding SnS. And at the time StS stood by the idea that for those who "achieved" a LB position meaning that they won this particular pet it should not make a return in this years event as it would devalue that achievment... and rightly so. But now with the introduction of this crate system this is exactly what will happen to everyone who has either invested a lot of money or a lot of time into this game to get a ring or a nekro.

If this system to to go ahead it needs to fine tuned and made a real challenge for people to get these items OR STS needs to introduce some new gear and a New pet that outweighs the ring and Nekro allowing people to move on to achieve the next level of uniqueness in the game.

A bit long winded, i appreciate...

that is all

Burwaka
06-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Why am these tokens can't be able to farm?

More support to plat industry and less fun for non plat ppl. :/

Gonnil
06-20-2015, 09:25 AM
pls dont forget old lock crates...we farmed it for how many months of harwork and it just booooooom and price get lower and lower..i hope sts will give us opportunity for the last time to do old locks usefull...come on guyz i know its not only me who did alot of hardworks for this old locks....

I second this. There needs to some way to use locks to out benefit.

Wutzgood
06-20-2015, 10:12 AM
* f2p will farm crates

* p2p will need crates

* crates are going to be crafted in other massive crates

* crates are going to guarantee tokens

* crates are going to have a higher demand

* a higher demand means a higher price

* p2p will pop many crates

* p2p will flood the market with arcanes

* arcanes are going to have a lower cost day by day

* f2p can finally afford arcanes

Stop reading between lines and do some math. New crates are going to cost 10k-15k

I have to agree with this. I was able to buy almost all of my mages collection from farming locked crates when they were 10-15k each. It used to be more profitable than running elites in the long run.

I miss the days of farming locked while working and making about a mil a week. Used to be easy to save for those high priced items. Hopefully this helps it return to those days.

Majin Vineet
06-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Nice point... it will be great if tokens can be farmed like tooth. :)

anague
06-20-2015, 10:16 AM
So happy that the lockeds will guarantee tokens.

Next announcements on Orc chests dropping chest tokens too and we will have happy faces everywhere :)

And to some people who's begging for old locked crates' lifespan. Get over the old crate already. The new ones are here to save you.

i get your point but im just begging for old lock crates to be usefull for the last the last time, so that we can consume those remaining crates..because if old locks will not be consumed, what will we do with those remaining crates(maybe 50,000+crates) it will be all useless(not literally useless tho).. all effort and hardwork of the farmers will be useless to0..i hope u guyz can understand all the efforts and hardworks we did just to get those old locks..im still hoping that STS has a good plan for this..

KKIDIRA
06-20-2015, 10:30 AM
I purpose a log in daily reward implemented, something like a chest with a bit of gold, 1 or 2 plat and some kind of crafting ingredient, for everyone logging in everyday, that not only brings people into the game, but gives everyone a chance to build a bit of plat, not just the plat whales. If need be make it so it's a NPC in one of the new areas, so people need to go there and see the new area, which also gets them seeing the people running the area and get them involved, perhaps make it an NPC appears after the first boss kill? With a 'Hello! Thank you for killing that monster! I have a gift for you' and once gift is received, 'sorry I'm all out of gifts today, come back tomorrow' .... Just a thought to even things out.

Candylicks
06-20-2015, 10:36 AM
This is great! I like the new currency so there is less of a gamble when you are popping locked. Sure you can get lucky and score that way but at the same time you are building up coins that can be used to purchase items. I don't see anything wrong this this, and also it will reduce the price of arcanes and mythics so everyone will be able to earn them. I really am happy to see this in the game. +10 StS.

On keeping the game viable for PvE players, you also need fresh stuff dropping in the zones as well. How about adding in some items that you can't buy with coins and aren't in the crates. Vanities, eggs, different skins of items... You have created a beautiful expansion be sure to keep the loot table fresh for the farmers.

Looking forward to the Rage!!!!

Jazzi
06-20-2015, 10:42 AM
On one hand it sounds like the game is going full p2w. On the other hand the situation is still much better that before, when I could spend 200 Euro and get nothing for it when i open locked crates, which after trying it once I decided to never do it again. The number of things you could do with 200 Euro, which are better than getting nothing are countless.

@Those saying that spending 200-300 USD/Euro is not much go get rich:

1. Having 1 (one) arcane pet or a mythic item does not make you rich.
2. Most people in their right minds prefer doing other things with that much money, so for most it will still be too much
3. If you think that 200-300 USD/Euro is not a lot for 90% of the world's population than you are completely out of touch with reality both in game and in the real world.

Last but certainly not least: If those tokens can't be farmed and/or one needs 5 hours a day for two months, as some forumers pointed out, that if they are very lucky the whole hype that was created with farm-able mythics/arcanes would have been for nothing. I hope for the good of this game that this is not the case, because I and many others I am sure will not go back to farming locked crates.

P.S. From where I live 3 nights all-inclusive in a 5 star hotel on the Canary Islands is 350 Euro. The choice between this or popping locked 10-20 minutes long is very easy ;)

Golem
06-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Example:

This would Be 100% unfair if everytime u open one crate u gonna get one TOKEN. THIS gonna make AL like pl soon...
I Can let STS Check mine Accounts and i have been Bought about 250000 Platinums and looted only 1 time Shard!!!! I will guit AL if this gonna happen. I understand if Tokens drop Randomly.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 11:26 AM
i get your point but im just begging for old lock crates to be usefull for the last the last time, so that we can consume those remaining crates..because if old locks will not be consumed, what will we do with those remaining crates(maybe 50,000+crates) it will be all useless(not literally useless tho).. all effort and hardwork of the farmers will be useless to0..i hope u guyz can understand all the efforts and hardworks we did just to get those old locks..im still hoping that STS has a good plan for this..

Do you want a way to earn money with farming??
Then yes you have to let go the old crates to die.
Nothing can save those old lockeds cuz the stocked lockeds in this game is huge very huge in number.
If they get even a slight bite from the new lockeds, the new lockeds can't be saved too then.
Why would people pay for new lockeds if those cheap old lockeds drop chest tokens and almost all new items?

Let them die.
The result will be better for none other than the farmers.
Demand will be high. Supply will just start to grow.
Means good price. Worthy farmings.
If old lockeds are tried to be saved and they are equivalent, thousands of old lockeds will kill new lockeds before it even starts to grow.

twoxc
06-20-2015, 11:31 AM
I just wanna LOL before saying this. I read something about someone mentioning $200 USD is not a lot for a virtual arcane item xD. Want to increase to $500-600 that would be fair. Again LOL. Hell with that amount I would just use to buy new iPhone instead or go to a strip club or even throw a party and invite the neighborhood.

Why is it that we all want everything to be cheaper in REAL LIFE? yet you want things to cost more in VIRTUAL world? for example what if iPhone 6 and macbook pro or any pc cost super cheap for 50-100dollar. WOULD you not buy it and tell the retail to go up in price or would you have paid extra cause it's too cheap? sorry but I'm here just cracking up LMFAO.

Anyone here own a car? well Gas is inevitable we need it and have to buy it. Is the current price too low and too cheap? Should we go on strike and protest for it to go up and cost more?

SIGHHHH. Be glad that things are easy to obtain lol stop complaining. It's just a game. Be excited and happy that good things and more powerful stuff are coming at a low cost.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 11:37 AM
This would Be 100% unfair if everytime u open one crate u gonna get one TOKEN. THIS gonna make AL like pl soon...
I Can let STS Check mine Accounts and i have been Bought about 250000 Platinums and looted only 1 time Shard!!!! I will guit AL if this gonna happen. I understand if Tokens drop Randomly.

Farewell mate.
Take care.
Not everyone can buy 250000 plats.
While I understand your rage but wanting others to have same amount of plats before getting a shard is kind of childish.
The game doesn't improve because there's always someone comes with personal reason standing against it when stg tries to do some good.
Chest token is brought to counter the RNG system. Making chest tokens random will be like, putting RNG system on something which is brought to fix RNG systems' dissapointments.

Good job sts. Hopefully there will be farmable ways too to get those chest tokens.

Golem
06-20-2015, 11:42 AM
That's a great idea but massive crates should still drop 3 tokens. Although then I'd like to see the massive crates obtained in another way other than elites.

If they went ahead with the crafting idea I'd like to see the recipe be of one time use and dropped from normal Ren'gol bosses and elite mobs.

Players who dont spent much on this game like to drop 100 tokens per lockeds so they can easy get arcane items. I see this players as useless. So i see sts should listen to us who really spend much on this game. Or we gonna say bye bye

Golem
06-20-2015, 11:44 AM
I just wanna LOL before saying this. I read something about someone mentioning $200 USD is not a lot for a virtual arcane item xD. Want to increase to $500-600 that would be fair. Again LOL. Hell with that amount I would just use to buy new iPhone instead or go to a strip club or even throw a party and invite the neighborhood.

Why is it that we all want everything to be cheaper in REAL LIFE? yet you want things to cost more in VIRTUAL world? for example what if iPhone 6 and macbook pro or any pc cost super cheap for 50-100dollar. WOULD you not buy it and tell the retail to go up in price or would you have paid extra cause it's too cheap? sorry but I'm here just cracking up LMFAO.

Anyone here own a car? well Gas is inevitable we need it and have to buy it. Is the current price too low and too cheap? Should we go on strike and protest for it to go up and cost more?

SIGHHHH. Be glad that things are easy to obtain lol stop complaining. It's just a game. Be excited and happy that good things and more powerful stuff are coming at a low cost.

This is game not real life if u think this is real life for u then sigh.

Golem
06-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Farewell mate.
Take care.
Not everyone can buy 250000 plats.
While I understand your rage but wanting others to have same amount of plats before getting a shard is kind of childish.
The game doesn't improve because there's always someone comes with personal reason standing against it when stg tries to do some good.
Chest token is brought to counter the RNG system. Making chest tokens random will be like, putting RNG system on something which is brought to fix RNG systems' dissapointments.

Good job sts. Hopefully there will be farmable ways too to get those chest tokens.

This updates arent problem for some "platinum farmers". Sure we who playing fair game we alway are the ones who are losing.

Kakashis
06-20-2015, 11:50 AM
I just wish that you could still loot crates from brakenridge maps, don't get why we have to go to the next set of maps~

Zeus
06-20-2015, 11:51 AM
On one hand it sounds like the game is going full p2w. On the other hand the situation is still much better that before, when I could spend 200 Euro and get nothing for it when i open locked crates, which after trying it once I decided to never do it again. The number of things you could do with 200 Euro, which are better than getting nothing are countless.

@Those saying that spending 200-300 USD/Euro is not much go get rich:

1. Having 1 (one) arcane pet or a mythic item does not make you rich.
2. Most people in their right minds prefer doing other things with that much money, so for most it will still be too much
3. If you think that 200-300 USD/Euro is not a lot for 90% of the world's population than you are completely out of touch with reality both in game and in the real world.

Last but certainly not least: If those tokens can't be farmed and/or one needs 5 hours a day for two months, as some forumers pointed out, that if they are very lucky the whole hype that was created with farm-able mythics/arcanes would have been for nothing. I hope for the good of this game that this is not the case, because I and many others I am sure will not go back to farming locked crates.

P.S. From where I live 3 nights all-inclusive in a 5 star hotel on the Canary Islands is 350 Euro. The choice between this or popping locked 10-20 minutes long is very easy ;)

Wow, that's cheap! If I want to go to Vegas, a booking per night at the Mirage costs anywhere from $250-500/night.

twoxc
06-20-2015, 11:55 AM
This is game not real life if u think this is real life for u then sigh.

exactly my point so why are you complaining about stuff being easy to obtain? lol why you want things to be hard and cost more? every chest come with a token is a good thing.

twoxc
06-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Wow, that's cheap! If I want to go to Vegas, a booking per night at the Mirage costs anywhere from $250-500/night.

lol I guess it's all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION xD. Hell if you go to third world country you can book a 5 star hotel everything inclusive for a month and cost less then 500 dollars LOL. Been there done that. Cambodia/Vietnam/Thailand etc etc that's third world country.

Ladysophie
06-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Lol AL is the most expensive game with the lowest reward/money spent i have ever played. :S
Though i like the fact we can now get tokens in the crates and be rewarded overtime, i want to stretch out how important it is the farmable items that will keep pve going for a large part of the season like the mythic glinstone armors should absolutely remain valuable overtime so they should be removed from the vendor and even from the rengol crates if necessary. :)

twoxc
06-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Just put the best of the best items in everyone stash lol end of story. Free is free, and easy is easy. don't complain xD.

LOL and zeus if all new models Mercedes benz cost super cheap say only 5-10k USD, is that not good? Hell just cause everyone else gets to drive it too and own one, doesn't mean it's WORTHLESS. It's still a great car is it not? just saying lol felt like bringing that scenario hahaha for the fun of it.

Nototti
06-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the informations

Candylicks
06-20-2015, 12:18 PM

Yes this is the spirit Two. High five bud! My wallet is like thank you Lisa lol...

Encore09
06-20-2015, 12:19 PM
is the locked grand of crates will be remove on our inventory when the expansion comes?

Dalmony
06-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Sure, that's fine. Then I would raise the token cost for items like: shard, fossil, arcane eggs.

The values set in test server would mean that I can become instantly rich by dropping $200-300 on the game.

Except that you wouldn't, because the sheer number of other people able to drop $200 and gain the same item would make it so widely available that the sale value in gold would be nowhere near what the value of those items has been in the past.

It's good for F2P players for sure because arcane items would become affordable through farming, but in the long run making big gold could still potentially require a fairly hefty plat spend because you would need to acquire multiple arcanes to get the same gold that 1 would have provided in the past.

I might be 100% totally and utterly wrong about this, because my economy prediction skills mega-suck so disregard this if thats the case :3

I'm also kinda torn as to whether its a good change, a bad change, or essentially the exact same thing we have now covered over by the illusion of getting "more" arcane for your money.

I really don't know O.O Now I know why so many people are afraid of change! lol :P

Tatman
06-20-2015, 12:40 PM
just give the ppl the option to farm those tokens guys and all will be happy! our last season all ppl were mad by recipe drop rate! butt all those ppl were happy to farm tombs cause if u ar unlucky u still gather tokens after hard work! thats what the game needs something to give u when u spent hours of farming! not wait a lucky drop from locks/bosses!
I quote this from another thread.

And I'll add one more thing. This game is not just lock farmers and lock poppers. There are some of us - both free players and spenders - who like playing the new content, especially the elite one. Now, unless there is a new crypt (a la wt/kt/km) coming out with expansion, with new mobs and new fun, the whole "f2p farm locks, p2w pop locks, everyone wins" premise is just laughable. I shall not spend my time in this game farming km3 for locks or wt4 for jewels or any such bs that has been suggested here.

Bellaelda
06-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Very concerned about what the farming scene is going to be like...

There needs to be top gear farm able from bosses.... The idea of just farming crates endlessly sounds really boring to me personally.

Also there really needs to be a sure way for free players to get tokens! Not just a "chance" based one from gold chests. Perhaps adding a daily quest that pays out like 10 tokens for killing x amount of bosses or elite bosses dropping them randomly like teeth.

Right now I just don't see much fun stuff... It's looking like a really boring expansion if all arlorians do is pop locked crates and farm locked crates.

Kalahesi
06-20-2015, 12:58 PM
Allow us to farm the regular crates from Brackenbridge please... Us Low level Twinks want to farm too

Oursizes
06-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Allow us to farm the regular crates from Brackenbridge please... Us Low level Twinks want to farm too

This expansion is for endgame.. Not for level 15s. Theres a reason its called an expansion as the line for endgame increases.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 01:15 PM
This updates arent problem for some "platinum farmers". Sure we who playing fair game we alway are the ones who are losing.
As you buy alot of plats, you should rather be happy since chest tokens are there now. Nomore plats going in vein.
Stg is giving token access to a ring which is over a year old. It is nothing like unfair.

Plat farming is different topic.
Sure its unfair to those who buys and play fair. But it just like the real life.
A hard worker earns his money.
A theif steals money.
They both can enjoy same cars.
But the hard worker is fair and lives a peaceful life where the theif lives with the fear of getting caught while driving that shiny car.
We all know lots of players who recently got banned and there will be more.
Their efforts will be wasted ultimately if that makes you feel batter.

Kalahesi
06-20-2015, 01:20 PM
This expansion is for endgame.. Not for level 15s. Theres a reason its called an expansion as the line for endgame increases.

Who said anything about level 15. I'm talking about farming crates... Anyways I'm looking forward to opening a few crates and hopefully looting/purchasing the new arcane pet if it's any good.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Just put the best of the best items in everyone stash lol end of story. Free is free, and easy is easy. don't complain xD.

LOL and zeus if all new models Mercedes benz cost super cheap say only 5-10k USD, is that not good? Hell just cause everyone else gets to drive it too and own one, doesn't mean it's WORTHLESS. It's still a great car is it not? just saying lol felt like bringing that scenario hahaha for the fun of it.

I want Mercedes to be 5-10k usd. ♡♡
[emoji33]

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Who said anything about level 15. I'm talking about farming crates... Anyways I'm looking forward to opening a few crates and hopefully looting/purchasing the new arcane pet if it's any good.
You were talking about low level twinks.
It's same thing if its 15 or 20 or 17 or 13 or 7 or as ridiculous as level 1-2 twinks.
The stuff is endgame stuffs which means you need an endgame toon in order to farm that mate.

Golem
06-20-2015, 01:28 PM
exactly my point so why are you complaining about stuff being easy to obtain? lol why you want things to be hard and cost more? every chest come with a token is a good thing.

Good think for those who dont want spend on this game. Sts ofc made this game to earn. And this not gonna make them earn for long time. Sure they may earn for 1 or 2 month well but after that gonna happen same what happened to pl after they added 2 new clas for it. So i see it wrong if the crates drop everytime 1 token.

Novyaj Zeanreh
06-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Who noob would FARM LARGE CRATE in ELITE ZONE when u can just farm easily normal crates in normal maps and craft to LARGE crates??? Are you kidding???? LOL!!

Kalahesi
06-20-2015, 01:35 PM
You were talking about low level twinks.
It's same thing if its 15 or 20 or 17 or 13 or 7 or as ridiculous as level 1-2 twinks.
The stuff is endgame stuffs which means you need an endgame toon in order to farm that mate.

Arcane pets are endgame only? Also the new legendary gear endgame only?

Rome
06-20-2015, 01:38 PM
tokens drop from regular chests like the normal,elondrian,goblin,necro lockers etc?

twoxc
06-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Good think for those who dont want spend on this game. Sts ofc made this game to earn. And this not gonna make them earn for long time. Sure they may earn for 1 or 2 month well but after that gonna happen same what happened to pl after they added 2 new clas for it. So i see it wrong if the crates drop everytime 1 token.

STG is a company making FREE game with an In-app purchase. You're not obligated to pay. If you want to pay then go with BLIZZARD the company that make World of Warcraft which has a monthly subscription lol.

Xorrior
06-20-2015, 01:59 PM
I like this if there is a guaranteed token or three when opening the crates.

I don't want to seem rude or harsh to anyone but I want to get a few things off my chest..........

People who spend real money deserve a reward. It is that money that keeps STS in business and this game in existence. It is why you are currently playing it. So please stop moaning at plat purchasers and also at STS for not making this game a F2P-fest, unless you want it subscription based.

From what I see in the new expansion - F2P gameplay just means that a long grind is involved to acquire what you desire and plat allows things to be acquired faster.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Arcane pets are endgame only? Also the new legendary gear endgame only?
The token system and farming lockeds are endgame only yes.

Vediovis
06-20-2015, 02:36 PM
STG is a company making FREE game with an In-app purchase. You're not obligated to pay. If you want to pay then go with BLIZZARD the company that make World of Warcraft which has a monthly subscription lol.

A game full of whales won't sustain it forever... There needs to be a balance and STS has a unique opportunity here. Give plat spenders a guaranteed high rarity item after a sum amount of money spent, but hardcore farmers such as myself should be kept in mind as well. Let's say after 3 months of farming these tokens (no real money spent involved) we're also guaranteed an item from Naxbot. This will keep both sides of the aisle happy as well as prevent farming from becoming solely about Rengol Locked Crates.

Eventually there will be an overflow of these crates, their value will drop down to what Locked Grand Crates are now. Then what? Not an issue for p2p players since they can pop locks remain rich all the while have a big smile on their face knowing they'll have another rare item soon.

Kalahesi
06-20-2015, 02:41 PM
The token system and farming lockeds are endgame only yes.

Umm...how do you know this? Are you a dev?

If the new locked drop from Ydra Forest, higher level twinks can drop locked from there. I had the opportunity to watch my friend enter Garetta Village on his low level twink on the test server. So unless Sts restricts access only to endgamers then low level twinks can interact with the Naxbot NPC to use tokens.

Onepiedead
06-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Those crate tokens will make the price of the "rare" items you can get with it by A LOT.

Dex Scene
06-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Umm...how do you know this? Are you a dev?

If the new locked drop from Ydra Forest, higher level twinks can drop locked from there. I had the opportunity to watch my friend enter Garetta Village on his low level twink on the test server. So unless Sts restricts access only to endgamers then low level twinks can interact with the Naxbot NPC to use tokens.

you may have to be dev to know what does expansion mean and to know the endgame stuffs will be out of twink's hand. I don't have to be.

Anyway, no thank you.
Go play pvp.
If you need to taste endgame stuffs make a endgame.
If new lockeds will start to drop in breck why will people farm endmaps for the new lockeds?

Kalahesi
06-20-2015, 03:33 PM
LOL...

I cba to put effort in explaining to you... I'll let you have your opinion.

I go play PVP now.

Toxophilite
06-20-2015, 04:27 PM
I wanna put my opinion forward regarding this....

Now this may only apply to me or it may be the view of others, i suspect the latter.. but the problem i see with the way the crates are to work is tha,t as others have already mentioned, it is going to be way too easy for the vast majority or ppl to purchase a moderate amount of plat, and simply farm the level 1 crates, and in turn craft the level 3 crates and obtain the best items in the game.

At the minute for me certainly, the number one appeal for me is to obtain the best gear. In so doing you are making your character better that others. Who doesnt like the "Wow you are awesome" or "Woah how is your Dmg / crit whatever.. so high" that you hear from lower level players of players new to the game ?

You get that by achieving the gear and / or pets that others dont have. Now I am absolutely fine with the idea of being able to pay to win if you so wish.. Anyone who wants to spend their money to buy platinum should be able to do so and should be able to get the best gear that way. On the opposide of the coin, anyone who refuses to pay money and simply wants to farm for the best items, well that is also absolutely fine. The problem here is that we are going to have within a few weeks of the expansion hitting, everyone having and arcane ring / and Nekro !

This will completely devalue "the best gear / pet" in the game and will take away the possibility for people to be set apart from everyone else by having the best kit.

Not so long back there was a debate over the forums regarding SnS. And at the time StS stood by the idea that for those who "achieved" a LB position meaning that they won this particular pet it should not make a return in this years event as it would devalue that achievment... and rightly so. But now with the introduction of this crate system this is exactly what will happen to everyone who has either invested a lot of money or a lot of time into this game to get a ring or a nekro.

If this system to to go ahead it needs to fine tuned and made a real challenge for people to get these items OR STS needs to introduce some new gear and a New pet that outweighs the ring and Nekro allowing people to move on to achieve the next level of uniqueness in the game.

A bit long winded, i appreciate...

that is all

^ ^ THIS ^ ^ I approve this post

Tatman
06-20-2015, 04:50 PM
There is "free-to-play with in-app purchases" and then there is "pay-to-win". These are not one and the same. What is being presented to us here is pure pay-to-win.

The Planar Tombs fragments system obviously isn't coming back. Why? What was wrong with it? I have 2k tombs runs, probably more. Don't I deserve something shiny guaranteed eventually? I guess not. Instead, I get what? A chance at a chest and then a chance at a token from that chest? Well thank you very much. Way to go.

anague
06-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Do you want a way to earn money with farming??
Then yes you have to let go the old crates to die.
Nothing can save those old lockeds cuz the stocked lockeds in this game is huge very huge in number.
If they get even a slight bite from the new lockeds, the new lockeds can't be saved too then.
Why would people pay for new lockeds if those cheap old lockeds drop chest tokens and almost all new items?

Let them die.
The result will be better for none other than the farmers.
Demand will be high. Supply will just start to grow.
Means good price. Worthy farmings.
If old lockeds are tried to be saved and they are equivalent, thousands of old lockeds will kill new lockeds before it even starts to grow.
i understand you and im not against the new lock bro, yah thats true,the result of new lock will be better than old locks...lock farmers just want OPPORTUNITY FOR THE LAST TIME to sell it for better price..becuz it took us so long to earn those..."u said just let them die??" no it cant be, alot of old lock farmers will be disappointed ... im not saying that this old locks should be as uselfull as new lock...but i just want old locks to be a little bit usefull so that players will consume it and old lock farmers will not be disappointed..

Zeus
06-20-2015, 07:02 PM

The car loses its allure if everybody has one. :p

Rogueulator
06-20-2015, 07:06 PM
People who hoarded 1000 locked crates of the watch, can you stop crying?? You had every chance to sell those crates along the way but you thought they would go up in valve so you just kept holding and holding. Well guess what? It turned out to be a bad decision and investment, live with it. You want a bail out? Why? 50,000 crates is too big to fail? LOL I can't wait to see the river of tears.

I hope the arcane and mythics start getting flooded too so the hoarders and merchers get their pain too. There will be a lot of tears there too. Crying all around whaa!! whaa!!
Someone call a whambulance!

Dalmony
06-20-2015, 07:32 PM

I may have laughed at this :3

Xorrior
06-20-2015, 09:13 PM
People who hoarded 1000 locked crates of the watch, can you stop crying?? You had every chance to sell those crates along the way but you thought they would go up in valve so you just kept holding and holding. Well guess what? It turned out to be a bad decision and investment, live with it. You want a bail out? Why? 50,000 crates is too big to fail? LOL I can't wait to see the river of tears.

I hope the arcane and mythics start getting flooded too so the hoarders and merchers get their pain too. There will be a lot of tears there too. Crying all around whaa!! whaa!!

This.

Just like the people that hoard pet eggs for over a year, then find out it has become an event pet or crate pet and curse STS. Hold on.....you held that in your stash for over year!!!!! You could've sold that anytime during that year but nah you was too busy rubbing hands together in anticipation for a bumper harvest in a year or two ??? Yet not realising that the game could've imploded within that timeframe or something could come and devalue it. Sorry no sympathy for people that seem to hoard stuff for an eon or three and then rant it has been devalued. Hoarding is a speculative decision you make, if it turns good you profit and if it turns bad you lose heavily.

Inspired by Roguelators quote.... Dial 911 for a Whambulance.

gereomanchie
06-20-2015, 10:17 PM
ursoth assault plss :3

Trojan2100
06-20-2015, 10:43 PM
They should of came out with two types of lock.
Lower version openable with gold low chance , high version chest open with plat higher loot chance.
For old locks let them open it for free before expansion , why not ? It's going to be old gears anyways with somuch bad news let these ppl have moment of happiness.

Serancha
06-21-2015, 12:40 AM
This is turning into a pure p2w situation. I am sorry but advice like "farm crates and sell to plat whales" is bullsh*t extraordinaire. I want to farm actual stuff, not freaking locks.

It's the same in reverse. "We'll make all the elixirs and respecs tradeable, but the only way to get them is by buying them from the plat farmers/whales." So ultimately f2p players are just tools to make whales and farmers rich. Circle of life.

They get gold from selling plat items in the cs, then they get gold from crates, and we get 100 gold and a 1/100 chance at a chest with a 4% chance of a decent item, for killing an elite boss. Woo!

Ladysophie
06-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Lol It is as simple as it seems. If buying plat doesnt give an advantage then why would anyone buy it. People that don't want to spend money on AL shouldn't expect to put themselves on the same level of those that do and experience the same gameplay. :S
At least now when spending their hard earned money on the game and not getting anything valuable in return, players won't feel completely dry and robbed. XD

Filipp Finnila
06-21-2015, 01:27 AM
i think that i great idea STS!

the plus:

1) STS will get more fee because now ppl will know when u are opening chests u will get some ''good''! that why they will buy more plats and opening chests.
2) more ppl will be available get cool gears = more fun.
3) game will be more versatile( u no need anymore freeze on only one race cos the arcane pets and other gears is extremal expensive u can more easily test another race if u can more easily buy good gears for it)
4) new ppl will get faster involved in the game because prices will go little down, before it was very very hard, if u didn't start 3 years a go or spend thousands of dollar's whit out warranty to get something.
5) the pvp will be more fun for more ppl because its wont be any more only for the ''100 ppl'' how's has game best of the best gears what no one else has and cant get.

the minus:

1) the ''100 ppl'' who's has best of the best gears will crying :DD

TY STS!!!

Serancha
06-21-2015, 01:30 AM
i have no problem with plat giving an advantage, I just have a problem with items being only obtainable through plat use. One should be able to get the same items through an reasonable amount of effort playing the game - and I don't consider buying them from a plat whale the same thing.

Also, when plat users get one token for each 5 plat spent, and players get a chance at a token in a chest that they have a chance of getting....this is very unbalanced.

I realize it is not much different than before, other than crate poppers now being guaranteed a reward, but that doesn't mean the imbalance was ever right in the first place.

Eski
06-21-2015, 01:37 AM

yes, and this is bad? $200-$300 is way enough..

ralrigs
06-21-2015, 01:42 AM
#LoveUpdate #But #AffraidOfMoreP2wAgainInAL

Ladysophie
06-21-2015, 01:52 AM
i have no problem with plat giving an advantage, I just have a problem with items being only obtainable through plat use. One should be able to get the same items through an reasonable amount of effort playing the game - and I don't consider buying them from a plat whale the same thing.

Also, when plat users get one token for each 5 plat spent, and players get a chance at a token in a chest that they have a chance of getting....this is very unbalanced.

I realize it is not much different than before, other than crate poppers now being guaranteed a reward, but that doesn't mean the imbalance was ever right in the first place.

I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game. :)

Eski
06-21-2015, 02:12 AM
for all you non platties ... the system of a free to play game includes those payments .. in every game of this kind...
if you dont have the money to buy it then you are still able to farm or trade ... if you are still to lazy to do that then please stop crying...

-from a plat spender / farmer

ilhanna
06-21-2015, 03:08 AM
This thread has turned more p2p vs f2p each time I read it. I think I speak for a lot of f2p farmers when I say I don't mind farming hard. But farming for a chance of token in a chest that has a chance of dropping is gambling at high stake all over again. The fossil in arena scenario came to mind. And where does that leave f2p farmers? Locked farming. Well is that so bad? Maybe not, but why did we have to wait so long for expansion, being teased by sneak peeks after sneak peeks, only to end up in Ydra maps farming crates again? Hasn't the people leaving due to arena chance-based loot taught STS anything? This shouldn't be about p2p players accusing f2p players of laziness/being blind to the fact that STS doesn't run charity/expecting equal advantage for nothing. This should be about STS making their content more enjoyable to play, that people will feel cheated if they just stay in cities popping crates instead of running those new maps.

Ladysophie
06-21-2015, 03:48 AM
This thread has turned more p2p vs f2p each time I read it. I think I speak for a lot of f2p farmers when I say I don't mind farming hard. But farming for a chance of token in a chest that has a chance of dropping is gambling at high stake all over again. The fossil in arena scenario came to mind. And where does that leave f2p farmers? Locked farming. Well is that so bad? Maybe not, but why did we have to wait so long for expansion, being teased by sneak peeks after sneak peeks, only to end up in Ydra maps farming crates again? Hasn't the people leaving due to arena chance-based loot taught STS anything? This shouldn't be about p2p players accusing f2p players of laziness/being blind to the fact that STS doesn't run charity/expecting equal advantage for nothing. This should be about STS making their content more enjoyable to play, that people will feel cheated if they just stay in cities popping crates instead of running those new maps.
I think the message that is being wrongly passed here is that farming tokens to buy arcanes is the only way for a F2P player to get the vendor items.
There are/will be:
Jewels, rengol crates, teeths : Level of difficulty Easy
Breeze, pendant recipe, all the imbued content : Medium.
Materials to craft the glinstone set, orc chest, fossil: Hard.

If some players want to sit in the cities opening crates all day to get rich, as long as they spending real money and not getting rich through platfarm or cheating I have no problem with it.

IMO what we should be asking STS for is more valuable pure Free to Get items that we can farm and make gold from and the capability to be able to buy crates contents with gold we worked for. We should not be asking for free tokens so we can directly get items paying players spent real money on. Thats just like asking 10/20 plat for free each day lol.
Maybe i am wrong but this is how I see it. :)

Wazakesy
06-21-2015, 05:32 AM
crates for tokens while us F2P's will never ever make it to the 1k token for a fossil or shard....especially the chance and luck in this game will strangle you.

Magegrimm
06-21-2015, 06:54 AM
So you guys spend hundreds of hundreds of real life money in computer lines? For me that's absurd, not criticising plat users. I also spent my real life money on this game because I enjoy playing but hundreds!?

Anyway about this there's nothing else to say. Plat users will probably benefit from this situation but personally idc.

Enviado do meu SM-G350 através de Tapatalk

Wutzgood
06-21-2015, 07:00 AM
I can't wait to be able to farm crates while working again. Since they dropped below 8k locked haven't been worth farming. Elites are great to run when you have the time and parties but for those times when working or busy farming locked always provided a steady income for busy players like me. These new locked to farm actually has me more excited than the expansion itself.

Guess it's Good bye jarl hello mother.

As far as the old locked they could drop the price of plat to open them and have a plat sale. This would get rid of the old ones quicker.

YouDoom
06-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Is $300 cheaper for a single virtual item in a game? ( 300 dollars may stay true if the token needed in a final expansion is same as test server). Although, It does not stop at 300 dollars because we will still need crates. I am not sure how much the normal crate gonna cost me. Even I assume 10 k per crate = 1,000 x 10,000=10,000,000 gold. However some of the loot or drop may compensate on this expenses. Also, there is crafting/levelling part which is not easy/cheap either.

Some old rich players may be worried that they may not profit from the arcane items they have been hoarding. But please also think about new poor players.

If this lock system is implemented it will help most player. As non plat player can farm locked whereas plat players can have certain assurance to get something in return after opening crates. And noob poor players like me do not have to wait for 2-3 years to get one single arcane items if I put on some hard work.

Please STS don't change your decision as it will help balance the game at certain levels.

Aren't we already tired of chance/luck system!!!
Exactly...

Sent from my SM-T116NU using Tapatalk

Ratiomod
06-21-2015, 08:14 AM
I hate to get items that I cant use. Locked crates can't be opened by means of the game.
Just make those chest purchasable from the store for those who want to open those.
I want to farm something I can open myself without having to sell it.
200, 500 or 1000$ whatever, I dont care how much guys pay for another shard or pet. Don't want to know it. I want to kick the beast and get the treasure and use it myself.
All the best.

RawFoxofWar
06-21-2015, 08:32 AM
I just started the game, its a great game thus far, from my first impressions how come nekro and arcane ring will be readily and mostly more available than the new arcane pets, like toor/gold toor, when toor and gold toor is clearly weaker than nekro as arcanes. Also i was fortunate to make the goblin event and am wondering why nightshade is stronger than singe and samael? I am no economist, but economically speaking why is the harder to get pets weaker than the easier to get ones? Won't that ruin the economy more in the new expansion? *my 2 cents*

Jazzi
06-21-2015, 09:29 AM

It is just the location. Also Vegas is Vegas ;) It is a place of excess. Some of the hotels there practically have streets and houses in their lobbies :). I once had to pay 70 Euro for a glass of ice cold coke in Monaco o.O.

Anyhow next time before u open locked go to Vegas, if u haven't been there. I can only recommend it and that not because of the gambling part of it ;)

greekAL
06-21-2015, 09:32 AM
btw! i dont think if give f2p farmers a way gather tokens p2p users robbed! cause the tokens for the p2p in the extra they still hv chances to loot items thats just an extra! f2p can only gather tokens cant hv that chance to loot the items without hard work lk open locks! thats my opinion!

Tatman
06-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Vegas better. Vegas has odds. Much better than unknown chance to loot a chest + unknown chance to loot a token from chest. ;)

Oursizes
06-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Vegas better. Vegas has odds. Much better than unknown chance to loot a chest + unknown chance to loot a token from chest. ;)

Yup. At least you have a chance of winning in vegas lol.

Zeus
06-21-2015, 10:53 AM
It is just the location. Also Vegas is Vegas ;) It is a place of excess. Some of the hotels there practically have streets and houses in their lobbies :). I once had to pay 70 Euro for a glass of ice cold coke in Monaco o.O.

Anyhow next time before u open locked go to Vegas, if u haven't been there. I can only recommend it and that not because of the gambling part of it ;)

I go to Vegas once a year, haha! :p

I do get your point though but still, in terms of hotels, it seems to be far cheaper for you!

extrapayah
06-21-2015, 11:09 AM
if you make massive chest has lesser plat to open, it makes little/no sense to open/farm normal crate... yet if you keep it like this, no incentive to farm massive chest...

it's harsh, but this upgrade of how rengol crate work is useless... rengol crates/other crates is supposed to be a shortcut to get great gears/pets, why make it harder to farm?

i still say, remove rengol crate from elite maps loot table... and even better, make chest drop chance as a separate drop chance from normal loot, just like how halloween event's bosses work like...

we don't want elite chest (which is purple/epic loot) to be rerolled into soon to be useless legendary... chests are expendables, so the value tends to be stable...

thank you

kinzmet
06-21-2015, 12:16 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN POOR AND RICH?
http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/angry-desk-flip-l.png

bmooooo
06-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Hahahah i love this thread.. I cant believe i spent 2hours of my life reading most of the post hahhha.

Serancha
06-21-2015, 02:41 PM
I think it is important i strecth out i am not a platwhale, i have never gotten anything valuable from the crates i open except amulets and i believe sts should make people's money hold value for the paying players while not taking peoples time for granted for the F2P players

My opinion is this: I don't want any quest or F2P system to give a guaranteed token equal to the advantage given by plat. It would be unfair against those players that invested/invest/will invest thousands of hard earned cash into the game, trying to loot shard or fossil.

The token reward was not meant to give free arcanes to everyone but make them cheaper and more accessible giving more value to F2P players's time and spending players money.

IMO as long as there are top valuable items to farm only available through PvE like the mythic pendant, dragonite bars, breeze, recipes, and imbueds that were introduced this season and previous i can't call AL P2W 'am sorry. I would rather label myself as Lazy for not taking advantage of them, independently from the odds.
If i want a arcane shard without opening crates i would farm the items i mentioned earlier, sell them, merch and buy a arcane shard and thats what i do, without expecting quest or chest that would give me same advantages as someone that spends money on the game. :)

My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.

Ladysophie
06-21-2015, 03:11 PM
My plat usage is substantial from the last 2 1/2 years - I'm not a free player, but I heavily disagree with top items in game only being available for plat. Paying is supposed to give you an advantage by making the progress in the game slightly easier, not hand you a gold-plated key to Arlor dominance.

I will never understand the way the developers have made it so that actually playing the game is discouraged, making the only real way to profit to be standing in town burning hundreds on locks. Where is the game in that? What are we playing for? The whole purpose of the game is (supposed to be) to go and kill monsters to get loot and make money. When this purpose is taken away, all we have is a bunch of towns where people are expected to cha-ching their credit cards for hours on end trying to get decent gear.

The imbalance was slightly improved once the drop rate in the arena was actually fixed last month, but now they seem to be bouncing things back in the other direction again.

Edit: If the orc crates are anything like the planar tomb chests in rarity (I have looted exactly 3 in 400+ runs) then even a guaranteed token in those would still be putting the actual players at a heavy disadvantage. A plat player can open their $200 worth of crates in one sitting, getting one token per item - and items which have a chance to be arcane as well.

Getting an elite chest is very rare, and having a "chance" at a token in those is just too unrealistic. Especially with this new single-item-per-chest nonsense. I think it should a guaranteed token in a chest and maybe a 50/50 chance in a lock. Since an average elite run takes 10 minutes (more at season start), and chest drops have never been common, this would be a little more balanced. Our time is valuable too, so if we are willing to spend that time, we should be fairly rewarded.
I agree with chest granting a guaranteed token. It will keep them high for a long period of time and make farming profitable.

What IMO is incorrect and i don't agree with though is that the top items are only available through buying plat and opening crates. Currently 3/5 top gears are only available through farming.
I don't farm much but i have made millions of gold through events and i know players that have made way more than me by farming elites and running events. So again i have to disagree the only way to profit in AL is by opening crates. :)

Edit-
F2P games are like that, those who spend more have a higher chance of getting whatever they want but as long as we are able (and this what we should be stubbornly asking sts for) to get the same stuff directly or indirectly if we play the game i don't understand why we should make a problem out of someone sitting in town all day wasting their money.

Trojan2100
06-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Well said , I can't play much as I would like too but a lot of my guildy does and I would like to see them get rewarded for there hard work.

Newcomx
06-21-2015, 09:56 PM
I assume more players will retired after expansion. No big change for non-plat players, doing locked farm all the time kinda boring. I'm considering inactive after this expansion and active again if the Lv.51 expansion live (if AL still around).

Dalmony
06-21-2015, 10:12 PM
For me what's wrong is the distribution of items available to free players and paying players.... if the same identical items with the best stats are available through both a paid method and a grind method, it is always going to cause tensions.

What everyone wants most in an RPG is to advance their character towards having the best stats and gear (including pets) possible. That is what I loved so much about the earlier seasons of AL (Dead City and Kraken expansions)... I could spend ages in CS looking for items which would increase my dps or dmg by a few points, farming the whole time to be able to loot or afford to buy further gear pieces in a quest to max out my character for that season. It was something which took a while but always felt like it was something I was progressing steadily towards, and never felt totally out of reach. These days the thought of obtaining the best stats doesn't even enter my mind, and that's kind of a motivation killer.

We should all be playing to get the best stats, and we should all be vying for it by the same route so that everyone who masters the game, by actually playing it, should be able to acquire them. This should be the point and the aim of the game, not something reserved for those able to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Yes, some of the best items are now available to be farmed, but Arcane items are once again going to be a privilege of the (heavily) paying customer, because if it takes 1000 tokens to buy an Arcane item from the vendor, then the alternative is to farm (and open) 1000 orc crates.

Option 1: Open $300 worth of Rengol Crates. Spend $1000 and you will get 3000 tokens... prepare to dominate ^_^

Option 2: Well.. if you play for 4 hours a day (farming elites solidly from start to finish for that entire time) and you drop a chest 1 in every 5 runs (lol), and the runs take you approximately 20mins (if they don't then gj you earned snack and bathroom breaks during your 4 hours), then it will take you 416 days to earn an item which costs 1000 tokens. (If tokens are a certain drop from chests.)

I don't understand why STS doesn't take the route of offering a massive variety of toon customisation for platinum including banners, vanities, weapon skins, character effects, floor effects, alternate skill graphics, more choices of guildhall, more hair styles and colours, and the myriad of other possible non game affecting benefits for micro transactions.

Thefireofic
06-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Just.. Speechless....

Serancha
06-21-2015, 11:15 PM
For me what's wrong is the distribution of items available to free players and paying players.... if the same identical items with the best stats are available through both a paid method and a grind method, it is always going to cause tensions.

What everyone wants most in an RPG is to advance their character towards having the best stats and gear (including pets) possible. That is what I loved so much about the earlier seasons of AL (Dead City and Kraken expansions)... I could spend ages in CS looking for items which would increase my dps or dmg by a few points, farming the whole time to be able to loot or afford to buy further gear pieces in a quest to max out my character for that season. It was something which took a while but always felt like it was something I was progressing steadily towards, and never felt totally out of reach. These days the thought of obtaining the best stats doesn't even enter my mind, and that's kind of a motivation killer.

We should all be playing to get the best stats, and we should all be vying for it by the same route so that everyone who masters the game, by actually playing it, should be able to acquire them. This should be the point and the aim of the game, not something reserved for those able to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Yes, some of the best items are now available to be farmed, but Arcane items are once again going to be a privilege of the (heavily) paying customer, because if it takes 1000 tokens to buy an Arcane item from the vendor, then the alternative is to farm (and open) 1000 orc crates.

Option 1: Open $300 worth of Rengol Crates. Spend $1000 and you will get 3000 tokens... prepare to dominate ^_^

Option 2: Well.. if you play for 4 hours a day (farming elites solidly from start to finish for that entire time) and you drop a chest 1 in every 5 runs (lol), and the runs take you approximately 20mins (if they don't then gj you earned snack and bathroom breaks during your 4 hours), then it will take you 416 days to earn an item which costs 1000 tokens. (If tokens are a certain drop from chests.)

I don't understand why STS doesn't take the route of offering a massive variety of toon customisation for platinum including banners, vanities, weapon skins, character effects, floor effects, alternate skill graphics, more choices of guildhall, more hair styles and colours, and the myriad of other possible non game affecting benefits for micro transactions.

On this, we agree completely. ;)

Maunyabastian
06-22-2015, 01:43 AM
I have always loved wasting my time to read Dalmony's posts. :loyal:

stragaxxxx
06-22-2015, 01:46 AM
I Also agree with what dalmony said also in my opinion elite bosses gold drop should be increased why only lockeds have gold increased what about for non-plat players . If elite bosses drop more Gold i think players will play more elites. in my guild people doing elite are rare sight . Because the chances of getting something good are not very well and they dont have End game gear or arcane pet so they lose Hard earned gold in
every Run . Please sts give some thing to non -plat Player too after all
Majority Of players in AL are
non -plat.

Luciano Lobo
06-22-2015, 06:11 AM
Omg is funny to see all the p2w players loose their exclusivity with their items. FYI there are some potentials players who didnt bought platinum before like me, who are happy farming and playing but now they are motivated to spend money and I don't mean just 1$. Is not new that paying give you betters chances in the game.

Bigboyblue
06-22-2015, 06:42 AM
I think giving a guaranteed token in each chest is a great step. I haven't been around in a long time but I can say that spending money on this game has always been a major gamble, and if you had bad luck good bye money. Having a guarantee will encourage people to spend some money on the game. $300.00 dollars will now guarantee an arcane which imo is good. If anything it is still a bit steep but I suppose you still have a chance to loot items via locks.

As for these tokens being available through locks only(orc crates will be a joke and I don't consider them a real source of tokens). There needs to be another way to obtain them. They need to drop directly from bosses in a fashion similar to teeth. The drop rate for teeth may even be a little low for anyone to have a reasonable shot at gaining 750 tokens or whatever is required for a shard. Adding a daily quest for say 2 tokens may help this out. Then after 375 days (just over a year) you can get a shard. This doesn't seem unfair. Somehow they need to be made farmable.

As for the locks there needs to be an incentive to open the large and massive locks. The odds can be adjusted to make them more desirable. Perhaps .75 odds of normal odds on locks, normal odds on large and 1.5x odds on massive. This or adjust the plat required for each set of locks. Madnex has already mentioned this. Whatever is decided there needs to be an incentive to open the rarer locks.

PhoenixPrime
06-22-2015, 09:07 AM

I would gladly fork out cash for the options of customizing my character with more skin colors, eye color, hair styles, and hair colors. Did I mention skin color, seriously you already have BLUE as a color, why not some nice shades of brown? 8^)

Would also love to be able to switch the genders of the characters too, but I know that involves a significant amount of work, so probably not viable.

Turbobasher
06-22-2015, 09:20 AM
200$ for an item isn't enough? Arcane market dropped with 400% in the last couple of months. I think we should be resonable here and try to understand that a lot of people lost money and few won. With this new system everyone will win and our investement in this game will worth it ! Farming will win. Everyone will be busy getting locks . Why isn't that great?

many ppl that play this game can afford to spend $200 (me included and im still a student) this isnt great because the WHOLE arcane market will crash and wont come back up anytime soon. i think its a good idea for a 20% chance to drop tokens so that way the market wont crash. And there is no point in a pay 2 win kind of game..... plz fix this

Donquixoth
06-22-2015, 09:46 AM
As I expected, the market going to change now.

octavos
06-22-2015, 09:56 AM
well i've been off on a vacation, and come to see this lovely thread. wow nice locked chests..very interesting currency to buy arcane stuff. as for my feelings on this whole ordeal..its really troublesome. would i spend my time to farm locked? nope, i would rather hunt and earn items. as a ftp player..with minimal plat spending...I would say i wouldn't open these much less hunt for them at the endgame. (considering my funds don't allow for mythic and arcane items) Bakenridge (the area) would be the place to farm locked. now even to start off this new update with mediocre armor and weapons...farming these new locked have to be plentiful.

yes they will flood the market, but anything new will always become devalued over time. its the nature of the beast. But I would say there has to be a way to earn (the holy grail of tokens)...even if its only 1..or even a chance at one. No i'm not talking about the arena..or elite areas..but from normal content. a boss encounter and defeated..and boom..you get a token. if these locked stay with its current course...I would have to say even more time will pass that I haven't found "in REGULAR CONTENT" to have obtainable/good items. I just hope the gold earning changes becuse at this rate, I will have to buy my items instead of looking for them like any other RPG I've ever played.

Serancha
06-22-2015, 10:22 AM
I think giving a guaranteed token in each chest is a great step. I haven't been around in a long time but I can say that spending money on this game has always been a major gamble, and if you had bad luck good bye money. Having a guarantee will encourage people to spend some money on the game. $300.00 dollars will now guarantee an arcane which imo is good. If anything it is still a bit steep but I suppose you still have a chance to loot items via locks.

As for these tokens being available through locks only(orc crates will be a joke and I don't consider them a real source of tokens). There needs to be another way to obtain them. They need to drop directly from bosses in a fashion similar to teeth. The drop rate for teeth may even be a little low for anyone to have a reasonable shot at gaining 750 tokens or whatever is required for a shard. Adding a daily quest for say 2 tokens may help this out. Then after 375 days (just over a year) you can get a shard. This doesn't seem unfair. Somehow they need to be made farmable.

As for the locks there needs to be an incentive to open the large and massive locks. The odds can be adjusted to make them more desirable. Perhaps .75 odds of normal odds on locks, normal odds on large and 1.5x odds on massive. This or adjust the plat required for each set of locks. Madnex has already mentioned this. Whatever is decided there needs to be an incentive to open the rarer locks.

So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage. I'd be happy with kill 20 elite bosses for 50 tokens kind of thing, but not a 2 token a day quest. That's almost as bad as the orc crate joke. Still love ya Blue. ;)

bmooooo
06-22-2015, 10:29 AM

+1 my heruuu huhuhuh xD

robetbee
06-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Interesting

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Bigboyblue
06-22-2015, 12:00 PM
So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage. I'd be happy with kill 20 elite bosses for 50 tokens kind of thing, but not a 2 token a day quest. That's almost as bad as the orc crate joke. Still love ya Blue. ;)

Thanks for still loving me. I really meant that in addition to dropping from bosses. Was going to say 5 a day through a quest but I didn't want too many ppl(plat whales) to rage on me. With them dropping like teeth do currently, and a daily quest(let's say 5 now) you should be able to get a shard in 2 to 3 months(with hardcore farming). If this expansion last for a year and half it might be ok if it takes this long.

I've always thought that a hardcore farmer should be able to get everything a crate popper can through time and hard work. The fact that this wasn't possible was a contributing factor to me leaving before. I understand that after I left farming was very prosperous. Depending on how they do the new legendary and mythic sets this may hold true for the expansion. Now STS just needs to make it so you can gain every item in the game through some farming method.

kinzmet
06-22-2015, 12:04 PM
When the it was announced that the locked crates would no longer drop in Arlor and will be replaced by something new, I was thrilled because I thought STS will finaly make the game competitive with the non-plat. I thought that the days when the best gear were obtainable through farming were back, but no. They just replaced locked crates with another locked. New type of gambling that is only available in plat.

My suggestions would be, make Golden Orc Chests chance to drop crate tokens high. Don't make it like Fossil drop rate. Why? So that players will actually play the game to dominate, NOT POP LOCKED to dominate.

Dalmony
06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage.

Yes totally agreed. Plat should not give players a one year head start (or more) over other players .... that is so ridiculous it's laughable! A 1 year head start isn't just an advantage, it is a permanent upper hand which is bigger the more you spend.

I would find a 3 month time-frame to be working towards one item acceptable, but it is still going to be unfair that a plat spender can acquire all of these items in one afternoon and it takes a free player 3 months per item. Lowering the token price will flood the market, and raising it will just put farmers in an even more absurd position than they are already in. The issue at hand goes deeper than balancing out how tokens are earned by big and small spenders, and free players because honestly, there is no happy medium or perfect compromise here.

The real solution is not to offer these items for plat at all, and instead focus platinum on giving players a more comfortable game experience - "quality of life" items if you will.

Everything is backwards at the moment: players can put in time in game to earn extra inventory and stash space, drop exclusive vanities during events, drop respec scrolls and ankhs from bosses.... that stuff should have stayed as tradeable platinum purchase along with elixirs.

[IDEA] :eagerness:

I can think of plenty of non vanity gear sets / NPC costumes which players would go mad for if they were offered in the plat store as a 250-300 plat vanity. Offer just 4 of these from the plat store each month, rotating on a regular basis. Also put 2 characters visual effects in the plat store each month for 150 plat.

Take it even further - if all gear is droppable in game, then stop putting visual effects on the gear itself, and offer those exclusively in the store as well.

Imagine a vanity ring with coloured glow like the mythic ring. Vanity rings and amulets could be used to "carry" these visual character effects as vanities while items game by regular grinding would just be the plain item.

Put them in Rengol crates if you must! (Though direct purchase is preferable).

Titanium
06-22-2015, 01:23 PM
many ppl that play this game can afford to spend $200 (me included and im still a student) this isnt great because the WHOLE arcane market will crash and wont come back up anytime soon. i think its a good idea for a 20% chance to drop tokens so that way the market wont crash. And there is no point in a pay 2 win kind of game..... plz fix this

You are a student, you don't have your own money.

I promise I won't have a good sleep tonight because arcane market will crash

Trojan2100
06-22-2015, 02:54 PM

Agree , a year to save up for one item is a waste of time what about other item on that list? To obtain all the item from the vendor will take at least 10 years or more.

Trojan2100
06-22-2015, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Titanium;2195617]You are a student, you don't have your own money.

Lol I was thinking it but didint want to bust his bubble so I didn't comment .

Archerios
06-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Have been thinking about this for awhile.Its about plat farmers.There are still many of them roaming ingame(I believe so).With the present gamble system on crate they are already annoying.What if there is a guarantee system that you will get an arcane item?What will Arlor become?We probably will see Arcane Ring sell for 5m on AH.Everyone will start plat farming.Yep,the end is near.

PhoenixPrime
06-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Have been thinking about this for awhile.Its about plat farmers.There are still many of them roaming ingame(I believe so).With the present gamble system on crate they are already annoying.What if there is a guarantee system that you will get an arcane item?What will Arlor become?We probably will see Arcane Ring sell for 5m on AH.Everyone will start plat farming.Yep,the end is near.

The 'free offer' platinum should be turned into some form of token system too with limits since it is clear they will never get a handle on the cheaters.
Maybe offer certain items, but definitely not arcane items, OR just make the items they get special gear that is tied to their character only.

Unfiend AL
06-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Your main problem is that only short-term thinking. Developers are constantly working for a better experience in the game and try to bring improvements to every time you plug the player into. As for your problem with these new chests, in my opinion it is a well thought out in every respect. For me $ 200 in my country.means a month's work. With this money you maintain a family.

siddhant
06-22-2015, 08:05 PM
al has already lost a lot of its active players and now putting game 2 p2w might seem a huge benefit in the start but as time progresses it will be gg the token thing from locks jst seem shet for me like for real make it 20%chance pls i got lot of flaws within this system but i guess u already have lot of problems to tackle so i will jst point the biggest flaw ty.

Noobteddy
06-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Thats soo Coool :D

Trojan2100
06-23-2015, 02:47 AM

You think they are many ? But you have evidence or any short of proof who they are or it's even going on .But they are many. You are thinking tomuch. Ppl use plat farmers for every excuse and yet no proof or names has been provided. Bring us some names or ss next time. Believing alone isn't strong enough case.

Dis59
06-23-2015, 05:23 AM
very very nice)

Wazakesy
06-23-2015, 05:25 AM
All i want to see is that 0% nerfs getting applied to the drops in elite/normal chests of golden orc ones. I dont want to see the luck of the normal ones nerfed. All i want to see is a stable drop from them. I can farm over 500 normal chest during the first week then i get 350 tokens. The next day i post on forums the drop rate is good, now trouble is what it would sound for a dev. Then the dev hits up the other devs, they over think and nerf it, once they nerf ppl complain y they secretly patched it. Then farming gets killed. Make normal chests have a specific drop rate.

Copper orc chests -> 1/12.11
silver orc chests -> 1/10.22
golden orc chests -> 1/7.88

Elite golden orc chest -> 1/5.22
Elite silver orc chest -> 1/7.34
Elite copper orc chest -> 1/8.56

I want to see fixed numbers for the specific chest. Its just an example, i wouldnt want to see Behind the scenes nerfs getting applied. That is all. Farming needs revival, right now im just sitting around doing nothing even if there is plenty to farm like drag bars, breeze eggs, ingots, planar chests. Make it fun, not impossible to get it.

justhell
06-23-2015, 05:45 AM
Answers!

None of the ingredients for either set come from locked crates.

First when I saw this one I tought the only way to obtain new mythic gears set is from farming elite.[emoji41] Hell yeah,this expansion gonna be awesome. But wait....................

As you may have previously heard in Productor's May Producer's Letter (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?232374-May-Producer-Letter-for-Arcane-Legends), Locked Grand Crates of the Watch will be retired with the release of the new expansion. The good news? There are new crates coming to take their place!

[emoji32] start to feel something isn't right..... Then...........

The Loot

[LIST]
Mythic Armor and Belts.

I should know from the begining that's just a fairytale. [emoji24] nice move STS.

Note :

- Ofc fibus said that none of ingridients come from lock crate,since they already have plan to removed this old lock crate.

- Better u guys tell us from the begining that "for non plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by farming the ingridients then craft it. And for u plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by a chance from new crates".

Ladysophie
06-23-2015, 06:33 AM
First when I saw this one I tought the only way to obtain new mythic gears set is from farming elite.[emoji41] Hell yeah,this expansion gonna be awesome. But wait....................

I should know from the begining that's just a fairytale. [emoji24] nice move STS.

Note :

- Ofc fibus said that none of ingridients come from lock crate,since they already have plan to removed this old lock crate.

- Better u guys tell us from the begining that "for non plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by farming the ingridients then craft it. And for u plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by a chance from new crates".

Lol .-. if there is nothing pve exclusive to farm this season except legendary gears from elite and crates this expansion is really going to be a flop.:/

Dalmony
06-23-2015, 06:48 AM

Note :

There *seem* to be more than one sets of mythic in the expansion... one available for tokens and one which is craftable. Only the craftable one has been mentioned to have the set bonus.

Only time will tell which mythics are in the crates, whether they carry a set bonus, and whether their stats are better, worse, or similar to the farmable mythics.

But yeah... guess we'll soon be seeing how this plays out :3

Thrindal
06-23-2015, 10:34 AM
I guess my feeling is STS can do as they want. The only thing I find odd is there is no mention of what the benefit to crafting higher level crates might be. The cost per drop is the same in each and the token drop per item is the same in each so why would I bother to craft higher level crates. I would assume that in addition to the added drops there would be an odds change as well, or the minimum Gold drop per drop would go up for the higher level crates.

So please what is the benefit of crafting higher level crates?

kinzmet
06-23-2015, 10:34 AM

Note :

Actually, the non-plat players like me can also farm the new gears...as Dalmony pointed out it woud take more than a year (416 days) provided we take shower and bathroom breaks.
By that time the gears would have been outdated by another new set.

Dalmony
06-23-2015, 11:15 AM
It should be noted that my posts are referring to how players can get Arcane items and the items seen in the token store only.

We can't predict how long it will take to get mythic glintstone set, because we dont have enough info about its components and their drop rates and locations.

Even so, I keep good faith that this particular set is indeed farmable only, and that its better than the crate mythics. Again we dont have enough info to say more than that :)

justhell
06-23-2015, 11:40 AM
There *seem* to be more than one sets of mythic in the expansion... one available for tokens and one which is craftable. Only the craftable one has been mentioned to have the set bonus.

Only time will tell which mythics are in the crates, whether they carry a set bonus, and whether their stats are better, worse, or similar to the farmable mythics.

But yeah... guess we'll soon be seeing how this plays out :3

Sorry but can u share where they say about "more than one mythic set",I'm clueless about that. If they released 2 kind of mythic set at the same time,maybe both is same but 1 is tradeable and another is bound,what I'm afraid is they gonna make the farmable mythic set is bound,and make mythic set from crate tradeable. If that so,that's gonna make farmer got another disadvantage even they already said that some of ingridients are tradeable.

Actually, the non-plat players like me can also farm the new gears...as Dalmony pointed out it woud take more than a year (416 days) provided we take shower and bathroom breaks.
By that time the gears would have been outdated by another new set.

[emoji32] I know clearly what u feel,my point is its okay if plat players got many advantage to obtain cool items they deserve it ,but giving too much is sound unfair in my personal view. Farmer at least deserve lil advantage,something can only obtain by farm elite something valuable to sell when loot it or craft it.

Plat players and merch play important role at this game but farmer have same important role tho,who's gonna buy items that came from new crate with good price/offer if farmer have nothing special to farm something valuable (not trying to be rude but we all know the way merch doin offer).

Market won't work well if just plat players and merch involved. They already make great progres when introduce mythic planar pendant which is all ingridient just can obtain from farm,just wish they didn't make back step in this expansion.

kinzmet
06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
[emoji32] I know clearly what u feel,my point is its okay if plat players got many advantage to obtain cool items they deserve it ,but giving too much is sound unfair in my personal view. Farmer at least deserve lil advantage,something can only obtain by farm elite something valuable to sell when loot it or craft it.

Plat players and merch play important role at this game but farmer have same important role tho,who's gonna buy items that came from new crate with good price/offer if farmer have nothing special to farm something valuable (not trying to be rude but we all know the way merch doin offer).

Market won't work well if just plat players and merch involved. They already make great progres when introduce mythic planar pendant which is all ingridient just can obtain from farm,just wish they didn't make back step in this expansion.

I feel you there, but this part is what hurt most

None of the ingredients for either set come from locked crates.

New Legendary Gear Sets
Mythic Armor and Belts
Elixirs
Gold
Platinum (up to 100!)
Jewels
Ankhs and Respec Scrolls
Crate Tokens

It's too good to be true right? Darn I was trolled on that.

justhell
06-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Lol .-. if there is nothing pve exclusive to farm this season except legendary gears from elite and crates this expansion is really going to be a flop.:/
Absolutly agree. Farmer need something exclusive to farm,something worth to sell (like mythic planar arena pendant) for buy exclusive plat items. After introduce mythic planar arena pendant I wish STS didn't make back step in this expansion.

Edward Coug
06-23-2015, 12:49 PM

Um, if it's your goal to purchase something and the price goes down, aren't you in a better position to buy said item? My theory is that the market will crash for plat-based items, but will stay high for farmable items. Win-win for farmers in my book.

anague
06-23-2015, 03:15 PM
for those players/forum'rs who is laughing about my OLD LOCK post" saying that im crying,call whambulance etc..i guess STS grant my wishes..bcuz they know i have a point about it..50k plush remaining crates will all be a waste if they dont make lock usefull for the last time.... :P :P ty sts

Carapace
06-23-2015, 04:32 PM
This is a great thread of feedback! (and a lengthy read)

There is still more information yet to be released, but to reiterate there will be a chance to get Crate Tokens from Gold Orc Chests, at a rate yet to be determined for the same reasons everyone is already discussing. We want it to feel appropriate, as with all of our platinum based merchandise you are saving time by spending. It's a delicate balance where players feel time invested is on par or equal to the time saved by paying.

Keep an eye out for more info over the coming weeks, in the meantime here is some additional information related to the different Ren'gol Crates.

- Each Ren'gol Crate variation will responsible for their own high end loot rewards. In other words, the Item your specifically after may only exist in the Large Ran'gol Crate, or in the Normal Ren'Gol Crate. This in turn helps create a demand for each variation of the crate.

- Certain Mythic and Arcane items will be available through all Crate variations

cami
06-23-2015, 04:38 PM
This is a great thread of feedback! (and a lengthy read)

There is still more information yet to be released, but to reiterate there will be a chance to get Crate Tokens from Gold Orc Chests, at a rate yet to be determined for the same reasons everyone is already discussing. We want it to feel appropriate, as with all of our platinum based merchandise you are saving time by spending. It's a delicate balance where players feel time invested is on par or equal to the time saved by paying.

Keep an eye out for more info over the coming weeks, in the meantime here is some additional information related to the different Ren'gol Crates.

- Each Ren'gol Crate variation will responsible for their own high end loot rewards. In other words, the Item your specifically after may only exist in the Large Ran'gol Crate, or in the Normal Ren'Gol Crate. This in turn helps create a demand for each variation of the crate.

- Certain Mythic and Arcane items will be available through all Crate variations

Nice, I can open 4678978464476746476484 Gold Orc Chests AND receive 2 crate tokens :D

Yes because this is a CHANCE A CHANCE WIII!