PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on in game etiquette

setec
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
So, I've decided to make a rule for myself. I don't go to the store in a map (when playing with others) unless it is a very quick purchase of much needed health or mana potions.

Even if I level during a map, I always wait until the level is complete to go look and see what I have. I basically like to see what weapons & armor are available to me at the new level that I might want to purchase or that I might have looted. It takes me time to compare before I spend my new points. So, I do this in Towne. I don't want to be mistaken for a leecher when I am taking my time choosing how I spec my char.

So, my thought was, to be polite, unless everyone in the group is fine with waiting for a player in BUSY, then do your upgrading & shopping in Towne.

Just my two gold on the matter.

Anyone else have any other in game etiquette thoughts?

Rylin
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I usually try to stay out of the store while playing unless its for potions

Dizko
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Yea true. Good to check on the tank/healer to make sure they aren't phailing before you go off to buy stuff.

Kodax
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I pretty much donthe same thing (selling and biting stuff in towne). The one exception is for when I level. When I level, I wait until the instance is done and then allocate my new skills at the entrance of the new level).

Shadowhippy
04-12-2010, 02:39 AM
I agree, im seeing more and more afkers daily.

Other than pots keep it in Towne.

Maybe they could make it so that other than potions, other parts of the store are disabled while in mission.

Jetshrike
04-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Possibly. Generally if im going through a dungeon with someone I don't mind if they sell some stuff during the game or buy stuff. I guess the usual rule apply for etiquette. I wouldn't complain if the armour/weaponry shop was moved to the town it would give it some much need purpose

setec
04-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Here's one: just ran levels with a player who spammed the screen with the fireworks emote all during combat. How annoying. This was over and over. :(

Reisclef
04-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Perhaps the store could be disabled except for potions outside of the 'safety zone' at the beginning of levels?

EddyBumba
04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Never thought of moving the weapons store to the town, as you say, will give it much needed purpose.
I'm the same as the rest, leave everything till Towne unless it's for pots.
I do see many players, when going to the next level, go to Busy but that doesn't bother me as it's kind of a 'ready check' and as long as they're not doing it in the middle of a fight it's cool.

lostboy
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I prefer running up to bosses to grab aggro then going to the store to browse. It just makes sense!

Rylin
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I think the use of towns could use a lot of things to warrant its usefullness

FeralDruid
04-12-2010, 01:52 PM
1 - I Tank
2 - You Spank
3 - Stay Behind Me Chicken
4 - ???
5 - Profit

Jetshrike
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM
firstly lol@lostboy. pocket Legends needs more people like YOU ;P
secondly: emote spam in combat?!? why would anyone do that :/ My guess is they were on an ipad.
Thirdly: How about adding 'try to complete others combos but don't whine if they don't' so help people know what the combos are (like wall of thorns+lightning) but don't get angry if people aren't perfectly pulling them off.