PDA

View Full Version : Changing shield stats

KingFu
04-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Shield of gratitude has 20 armor and 10 health. That's 3 more armor than pl shield, and 5 more armor and 2 more health than community shield. Can we change up the stats? Maybe pl shield 20 armor 10 hp. Community shield 17 armor 10 hp. And gratitude shield either 15 armor 8 health, or 10 armor 8 health. It'll take over twinking, and to me, it has too good of stats for it being fairly common (more common than pl shield and comm shield at least) Just my opinion. I'm liking the update a lot, just thought I'd suggest this:)

Thanks!

Kossi
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
no nerf necessary.

Arterra
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Community shield only 15, get a grip lol

KingFu
04-18-2011, 03:13 PM
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
no nerf necessary.

Meh, it's gonna take over twinking worse than snowball launchers. It's a common shield, and I don't see why its being held more superior than the pl/community shield. Just my opinion though....

Kossi
04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
really this is going to be bad(pitiful) if a select few get jealous and decide to ruin the joy for the rest of the players.

KingFu
04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
really this is going to be bad(pitiful) if a select few get jealous and decide to ruin the joy for the rest of the players.

Eh, I feel pl shield and community shield lost some of it's purpose. At least let them all have equal stats, or make them vanity, or scale them to the level of the character using it. Don't know why its getting an advantage.

Yvonnel
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree Mystical. I don't have either the community or pl shield but I think they should be better than the shield of gratitude.

Kossi
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Eh, I feel pl shield and community shield lost some of it's purpose. At least let them all have equal stats, or make them vanity, or scale them to the level of the character using it. Don't know why its getting an advantage.

its RARE and its SIGNIFICANT
i dont think you really use the pl shield when running through sewers, yes?

Kossi
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I agree Mystical. I don't have either the community or pl shield but I think they should be better than the shield of gratitude.

we spent money of EVERY CAMPAIGN
thats alot of plat.

KingFu
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM

Yes, but some of the purpose was to use it as a twink item. Whether devs intended for it to be used that way or not. If it wasn't intended to be used on lower levels for the armor advantage, wouldn't they scale it? Or make it a vanity item? Or give it some requirement? None of the three shields have a requirement, yet they all have armor of a lv 30 (ish) shield. So devs must have known people would have taken advantage of that.

Most of the shield holders have em/have used them on a twink. Parth, me, haroldiv (and that way back when) and many more. Thats part of the Shields purpose, and that why some people wanted it, to be an awesome twinking item.

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Since when are community/PL shields meant to be useful? They're for showing off. Sure, maybe they should be vanity items (I've already commented on the strange useless-but-not-vanity items). But why should they give you an edge over others?

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, this is going to be A LOT more rare in comparison to the PL Shield/Suck Up Shield. As of late, those two shields have been handed out to players like condoms to teenagers. While this is a one time event.

They'll be more reasonless contests, and they'll be more chances to kiss cheek. But there won't be another April 8th, 2010(iPhone).

Nah meen?

whoa welcome back. Where've ya been?

FluffNStuff
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, this is going to be A LOT more rare in comparison to the PL Shield/Suck Up Shield. As of late, those two shields have been handed out to players like condoms to teenagers. While this is a one time event.

They'll be more reasonless contests, and they'll be more chances to kiss cheek. But there won't be another April 8th, 2010(iPhone).

Nah meen?

Sup Yo! .....

KingFu
04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm not asking for it to have some crazy armor bonus, or be insanely better. I just don't see why the more common shield is giving the edge the other players. If it were vanity, it'd be the most fair solution, or to have them all have equal stats. Just don't see why it'd getting the lower end of the deal.

StompArtist
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I would say it's because you can still achieve a community shield but the "spent plat on now free stuff" shield will never be available again. It's STS way of saying "thank you for your money" to the folks who bought the expansions that are now free.

KingFu
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I would say it's because you can still achieve a community shield but the "spent plat on now free stuff" shield will never be available again. It's STS way of saying "thank you for your money" to the folks who bought the expansions that are now free.

Eh. I see it as more than half the community the got the gratitude shield. Doesn't seem exclusive at all.

StompArtist
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Eh. I see it as more than half the community the got the gratitude shield. Doesn't seem exclusive at all.

It will be with time. ;)

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Think of it this way -- you can't lose your gratitude shield, but you CAN lose your community shield -- so be happy you have both now :p

RedRyder
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
pl shield 20 armor 10 hp. Community shield 17 armor 10 hp.

Should be the other way around. Com shields more exclusive

Apocolypze
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree with Kossi all the people who arent Guardians WHICH IS A LOT, will get angry if the stats drop on shield cuz they bought all the campaigns and sum people dont like stats as it is.

EDIT: At the most they should make all shield stats equal

Olli Walli
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm having a blast owning with the new shield, but it does offer an unfair advantage. If you don't have one and are a level 10 or 15.... it's bad news for you....

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Same goes for those other two tasty shields. The only real solution I see is to make the trio vanity items.

Yep, and I don't even think they need to make a new tab for that -- just list all vanity helms and shield under the same tab, but show two equipped items at the top.

noobmigo
04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Look, if everyone uses the same thing, it's basically gonna negate the effect of an "advantage" in PvP. Anyway, it should be common, and you still get more "WOW AWESOME!" if you are equipping a PL shield. :o

EDIT: If ALOT of people used it.

ICantSpel
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM

I love you. People with PL shield will moan garanteed.

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Being a community shield bearer, you shouldn't care and be grateful you have both. These are more of a payback or reimbursement for spent plat, not a symbol of someone who helps the community or won a contest. It seems only a handful of players are against this and happen to be PL and Community Shield holders. Things change in this game, you should know that by now.

I will still kill anyone with a Community, PL, or Gratitude with my twinks.

thugimmortal
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I think the pl and community shields are just like trophies anyway lol.
but i dont think they should change the stats of the new shield just raise the stats on the pl and community shields. pl being the best because its the hardest to get.

Physiologic
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Being a community shield bearer, you shouldn't care and be grateful you have both. These are more of a payback or reimbursement for spent plat, not a symbol of someone who helps the community or won a contest. It seems only a handful of players are against this and happen to be PL and Community Shield holders. Things change in this game, you should know that by now.

IMO the PL/comm shields should have absolutely no stats whatsoever since they do (well, did prior to the release of the new shield) give a clear advantage at extremely low level PvPing.

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
*cough* vanity *cough*

KingFu
04-18-2011, 04:56 PM

I'm extremely grateful I have a community shield, the gratitude shield isn't my favorite item, but its cool that the devs gave us them. I just feel they would get more use if they were vanity, or scaled. I like the community shield so much that I'd like to use it on my main, but I can't handle the stat loss...

Corpser
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
lol a gaurdian complaining as the devs emailed to me before when i asked something like this

hey had said the community and pl sheild are more i win i win sheilds not ultimate wepons of mass armor

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
The Community and PL shield are a status symbol. Why would you get a PVP advantage for being helpful to the community?

KingFu
04-18-2011, 05:51 PM
The Community and PL shield are a status symbol. Why would you get a PVP advantage for being helpful to the community?

I'm not asking for an advantage. I never said I wanted the community shield or pl shield to have amazing stats, and to have intense armor. I was asking that they'd all either be vanity or have equal stats, or scaling to the level of the character using it even! I'm not trying to complain, it was a simple suggestion that wasn't intended to come off as whining asking for a super shield....Sorry if it sounded that way

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I wasn't saying you were whining, I was saying the only people who have the problem with it are the some of the Community and PL shield holders. It doesn't make them any less unique or deserved of a shield. The difference in armor is very minimal to begin with. If this shield is nerfed, I'd say the recent map buyers got it easy with a refund.

KingFu
04-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I know, was referring to earlier posts^^ I look at it as it makes the community shield a little less useful for me. I used it a lot on my twinks, usually for PvE. Since the gratitude shield has 5 more armor, I will use my community shield less. I really like the look of the shield, and that's mainly why I want it as a vanity item, or even equal. I realize some people are bothered with it still, thinking they got a shield for 80 plat of campaign purchases, so nerfing it isn't the answer, and I'm not so much asking that (anymore) as much as it being equal stat wise so that pl shield and community shield doesn't lose more interest (since some people did mainly want it for twinking) I can understand both sides, but I would appreciate it being equal, even if a lot of the point of the shield is to be like a trophy.

Corpser
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
read my posts i said the same thing as u mystic the devs told me thats there i win shelds not supposed to own.

Zeus
04-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Justg already told me that the stats are being adjusted on the gratitude shield. Things devaluate, that's why they hold sales. That's a bit what spacetime did. You can't expect somebody to pay the same price for a campaign that you did when it was new/fresh. So, to encourage more players. They made them free.

Many of the holders of the PL/Community shield have worked hard to get them, this new gratitude shield which you could basically "purchase" degrades the value of the PL and Community shield, thus I believe that is why it is being nerfed.

Vallist
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
They should leave the stats as is. :o

Zeus
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
They should leave the stats as is. :o

No, because those who have put the time and effort into achieving the previous rare PL and Community shield, for whatever purpose they may have served is now diminished, because a more common, upgraded shield in terms of stats is out and about.

Vallist
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
No, because those who have put the time and effort into achieving the previous rare PL and Community shield, for whatever purpose they may have served is now diminished, because a more common, upgraded shield in terms of stats is out and about.

Then devs should make the pl shield and community shield better stat. Don't down the stat of limited time Shield of Gratitude.

Zeus
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Then devs should make the pl shield and community shield better stat. Don't down the stat of limited time Shield of Gratitude.

Then twinking would be even more overpowered.

Vallist
04-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Then twinking would be even more overpowered.

Then don't Twink j/k

I just love it because when i go pve with it my hp barely go down on my alts in noobie dungeon.
plz don't change it to lower stats

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
With all due respect, making all campaigns free is not the same as an item devaluating.
If PL were going bankrupt and they wanted to allow people to play for free in the hopes of luring them in to spend cash on other things, that would be another story. But they're doing just fine, PL isn't going anywhere, and neither are those maps.

And I just found it silly that those who have PL/community shields are complaining the stats aren't good enough now. They shouldn't have given an edge in the first place. Neither shield's stats make any difference to me at this point bc I don't twink. My Gratitude shield will sit in my stash. I think the best solution would be to make all three vanity items. But if that's not possible, PL/community shields should NOT give any advantage over others. If the honor of getting that shield isn't enough, maybe something should be rethought (if I'm any more explicit I'll probably get banned).

Moogerfooger
04-18-2011, 07:06 PM

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/kleenex.jpg

I kid, I kid!!!! :D don't hurt me, Parth.....

Zeus
04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
This is some bodacious bull shell. All I've gotten from this is that these "Guardians of Alterra"(lol, cartoons from the 80s) want an item that assures there place in SS. E "I'm better then you" Peen.

Banned, I personally don't believe myself to be better then anybody else. I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM

How is that diminished buy people who paid money for something that now again free for others and the devs simply try to reimburse us? It's apples to oranges. It's painfully obvious that some of the PL and Community shield bearers are throwing a fit because they don't have the better and unique shield at the same time. I don't think a handful of people have the right to decide how we are reimbursed for money we spent.

noobmigo
04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
What Bearded said. ^^
Just took words outta my mauf.

j46g629h
04-19-2011, 01:16 AM
I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

well said, range

Riccits
04-19-2011, 01:24 AM
With all due respect, making all campaigns free is not the same as an item devaluating.
If PL were going bankrupt and they wanted to allow people to play for free in the hopes of luring them in to spend cash on other things, that would be another story. But they're doing just fine, PL isn't going anywhere, and neither are those maps.

And I just found it silly that those who have PL/community shields are complaining the stats aren't good enough now. They shouldn't have given an edge in the first place. Neither shield's stats make any difference to me at this point bc I don't twink. My Gratitude shield will sit in my stash. I think the best solution would be to make all three vanity items. But if that's not possible, PL/community shields should NOT give any advantage over others. If the honor of getting that shield isn't enough, maybe something should be rethought (if I'm any more explicit I'll probably get banned).

same opinion here, such PL or guardians shield or any other shouldnt give any in game advantage, just for show off..

btw. the new shield needs a bit redesign... its just a BS bracer and wing and some kind of str shield... a bit color is needed :)

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
the snowball launcher and plat bought gear took over twinking... thats why i hate twinking now..

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Let me just tell you something...

DEVS DONT CARE ABOUT TWINKS AND PVP GET OVER WITH IT!!!!

*Sir, you have earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records for longest virtual shout, Congragulations*
Bean:*Thank you*^^

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Let me just tell you something...

DEVS DONT CARE ABOUT TWINKS AND PVP GET OVER WITH IT!!!!

*Sir, you have earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records for longest virtual shout, Congragulations*
Bean:*Thank you*^^

omg bean is jesus he speaks the truth :O

Riccits
04-19-2011, 03:06 AM
i have heard once pvp is a huge joke...?

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 03:08 AM
i have heard once pvp is a huge joke...?

oh my friend 75% of it is..

Slush
04-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Face it guys, twinking died months ago. I think the shield should remain the same stats, as someone said earlier, you're not going to be running around in the sewers with a PL/GoA/Vet shield.

EDIT: Read some more posts, and Banned couldn't have said it better.

Tamino
04-19-2011, 03:25 AM
I have no problem with stats; for me these are rewards and not "playable" items, but I got the "low level tweak" point. What about a mutable statistic item? If the shield (and the future Founder's Helm) shows differents stats according to the level of the wearing character? It could sound complicated, but it is like "special bonus" of the sets, based on player level instead of other gears presence.

Corpser
04-19-2011, 04:07 AM
omg read what i said the devs told me via email tha the community shield and pl shield are status shields and making them lvl with the charecter would be to complicated they should just make em vanity not nerf

also think about this people do quit the gratitude shield is gonna start to disapear and no more will be given out but they will give out the pl and community

also the gratatude shield has good stats cause the devs are showing there gratatude no point in having a bad sheild like that if its giving cause they are gratefull imaging the complains to

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 05:04 AM
IMO the PL/comm shields should have absolutely no stats whatsoever since they do (well, did prior to the release of the new shield) give a clear advantage at extremely low level PvPing.

This man here is the real deal.