PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Founder's Helm

asommers
04-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Ok, we just had a discussion on this. I'm happy to report that we've decided to change it from the requirement of starting between April and June of 2010 to a 6-month veteran reward. The main reason for this is it excluded Android users.

After logging in, we check to see that you have created your account 6 months ago. If so, we put the Founder's Helm in your stash. Android users that were there for the launch of the game will get their Founder's Helm starting in May.

This will go live Wednesday.

-ALS

NOTE: this decision was changed to to be April and May from 2010

TheSnowman
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Sounds good.

noobmigo
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh....Does late June count?
Just checking b4 I have my heart broken when I log in ;)
Thanks som!

asommers
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh....Does late June count?
Just checking b4 I have my heart broken when I log in ;)
Thanks som!

Yes. When your account age hits 6 months, we give you the Founder's Helm.

-ALS

Slush
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Not really a 'veteran' item now...

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Sounds good! Thanks!
Any chance these items can be vanity items so we can get more use out of them instead of just stashing them?

Greyhorse
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
As an Android player, I thank you for the re-consider. :)

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes. When your account age hits 6 months, we give you the Founder's Helm.

-ALS

Oh... So this will continue to be given out for mos, years, etc etc? Might want to change the name then?

Pandamoni
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
How can we see when our account was created?

Slush
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
How can we see when our account was created?

You can't, however, if you keep your emails you can see the date of which the verification email was sent, that would give you a rough estimate of when you joined.

DawnInfinity
04-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Yayyy! Thanks so much devs! :)

Klemen
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
This and the shield will make lvl 1 twinks stronger then lvl 30s before lol ^^

Fabunni
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Yay! Thanks :) now I get one too! playing since October :)

itzyou
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
twink power!!! lol shield of gratitude... i love pl

superss
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
cool thanks a lot devs! you guys are awesome.

thugimmortal
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Wasnt pl released on android nov 2010

devinrhall
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Well wish i had joined earlier lol

Physiologic
04-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Sweet thanks for including us Droiders! :) Just a bit curious on the cut-off date for "6 months" - Since the official date of the launch on the Droid is November 18th, our technical "6 months" is May 18th. So the earliest date Droiders can receive the helm is on the 18th of May?

karmakali
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I think I am still excluded....but I am okay with it....sort of.
I will have to check with my therapist to see when my Pocket Legends addiction started ;)

Edit....oh I get it now! Or I will...in May! :)
***note to self...cancel therapy and buy plat instead ;)

superss
04-18-2011, 04:17 PM
how can i tell how long ive been playing?

vol
04-18-2011, 04:19 PM
yaayyy Im a L35 founder babeee

Redbridge
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
how can i tell how long ive been playing?

i just checked my emails and low and behold, i joined in October.... I'm in.... hopefully...

thatboyderek
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
wow barely just made 6 months 10/11/10 was when I got in

superss
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
;( i started in december... :(

asommers
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Sweet thanks for including us Droiders! :) Just a bit curious on the cut-off date for "6 months" - Since the official date of the launch on the Droid is November 18th, our technical "6 months" is May 18th. So the earliest date Droiders can receive the helm is on the 18th of May?

Yes.

-ALS

Physiologic
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Hope I downloaded PL in November because my first Plat use was December 5th. :( Regardless, good news for everyone else who's included in the new 6 month period!!!

Kingofhurtz
04-18-2011, 04:51 PM

Agreed. We should get special armor ;)

Klemen
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
And a weapon too ^^

j46g629h
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't think this change is good idea as the original purpose of helm is a special thank you to players who have been with us from the very beginning

it should be like apple players (Apr-Jun) and Droid player (Nov-Jan) are rewarded for the helm,

this will fit its purpose and cover both sides of player

Arterra
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DP3ALwKeSEYs&v=P3ALwKeSEYs&gl=US

http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=dLusTei2GtKM8waWs9HBAg&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3DP3ALwKeSEYs&ved=0CBkQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1ZjvIjZLvlV7sgO8-X5oc_Ukkyg

My OCD special item hunting wins again!

Varking
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Thank you for including us Android users. I know I say it a lot, especially with Spacetime Studios, but it is awesome when developers look out for us as most of them ignore us. Its easy to support you guys and gals and continue to hope your games do well. Well done.

Zojak
04-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Ok, we just had a discussion on this. I'm happy to report that we've decided to change it from the requirement of starting between April and June of 2010 to a 6-month veteran reward. The main reason for this is it excluded Android users.

After logging in, we check to see that you have created your account 6 months ago. If so, we put the Founder's Helm in your stash. Android users that were there for the launch of the game will get their Founder's Helm starting in May.

-ALS

This is what i love about Spacetime Studios, they include everybody, and don't exclude the people who started playing as soon as they could, with what phone they had!

azulflame
04-18-2011, 05:19 PM
what if I didn't get my phone until this christmas? that's not exactly fair. I couldn't have had it, even though I downloaded about 2 hours after I got my phone

kallima
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I said it on other thread, but it bears repeating...THANK YOU DEVS, you rock!!! (i say this and though, I'm relatively sure I joined in October, I'm not positive - so even if joined after cut-off date, happy for everyone else too!) ***backflip & blowing kisses***

Nightarcher
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Yes, I think it's nice they're giving it to people who've played for 6 months... But that kind of removes the purpose of a "Founder's Helm." More like a not-so-uncommon "Experienced Helm."

Varking
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes, I think it's nice they're giving it to people who've played for 6 months... But that kind of removes the purpose of a "Founder's Helm." More like a not-so-uncommon "Experienced Helm."

I understand where you are coming from but then that would exclude ALL Android users since we simply couldn't support them back then. Maybe they should make two founders helmets;

1 for those who were around for the first month of the game on iOS and then another for Android users who were around for the first month of Android launch. I just don't see why it would make sense for them to exclude Android when we are their bread and butter now.

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I think you should have stuck with the April to June deal. How can you be a founder of something just because it's new to the OS you are on?

Vallist
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
its so cool i hope i get it :o

kallima
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM

But it would be a "founder's helm" for APPLE and ANDROID users alike. As long as they purchased it within the first 6mos of PL going live, correct? I don't feel that Droid users should be left out if not available at its release. Everyone else, including myself, joining after the 6mos cut-off date would not receive the founder's helm. I'm okay with that, even if I am excluded. Droid users should not be barred from receiving it, if the opportunity to purchase was not available on the Android market. That is the way I read the 6mos cut off date, but I am at work so clarify if I'm wrong, please.

Furthermore, if we're going to be sticklers about the item name, than the helm should only be given to those that purchased PL on the actual release date. Why be okay with a 3 month window on Apple and contradict the window for Droid users? Personally, if they hadn't allowed a 3month window and only made it available to the players that purchased it on the original release date, I would be fine with them excluding Android users.

Pandamoni
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
You can't, however, if you keep your emails you can see the date of which the verification email was sent, that would give you a rough estimate of when you joined.

Cool! Thanks :) I got the verification email Dec. 1! But I downloaded the game much earlier as a way to get free gold in another game I used to play but stopped playing once I opened PL when I was bored that fateful December day.

Varking
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I think you should have stuck with the April to June deal. How can you be a founder of something just because it's new to the OS you are on?

Because we are founders of the Android version. It isn't like it was out and we ignored it. We founded it and helped make it popular as soon as we were allowed to. Founders of the Android version.

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
But it would be a "founder's helm" for APPLE and ANDROID users alike. As long as they purchased it within the first 6mos of PL going live, correct? I don't feel that Droid users should be left out if not available at its release. Everyone else, including myself, joining after the 6mos cut-off date would not receive the founder's helm. I'm okay with that, even if I am excluded. Droid users should not be barred from receiving it, if the opportunity to purchase was not available on the Android market. That is the way I read the 6mos cut off date, but I am at work so clarify if I'm wrong, please.

No, it sounds like they're giving it to EVERYONE when they hit their 6-month mark. So it's not a Founder's Helm at all, and the name is misleading.

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Because we are founders of the Android version. It isn't like it was out and we ignored it. We founded it and helped make it popular as soon as we were allowed to. Founders of the Android version.

We provided the valuable feedback they needed and suggested numerous ideas that changed the game forever that you wouldn't even know about. The game was founded on iOS and all the game expanded massively from some of the few core players that are still around that you see in the forums. I'm not discrediting anything that an Android user has suggested, but you cannot compare the two. The game was just a baby and we went through an immense amount of change compared to droids.

Acyer
04-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice thanks so much sts..

Physiologic
04-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Bad BeardedBear! You'd be frustrated too if you used Verizon, knew of the game, and couldn't download it back then since the iPhone wasn't released for Verizon back then.

We provided the valuable feedback they needed and suggested numerous ideas that changed the game forever that you wouldn't even know about. The game was founded on iOS and all the game expanded massively from some of the few core players that are still around that you see in the forums. I'm not discrediting anything that an Android user has suggested, but you cannot compare the two. The game was just a baby and we went through an immense amount of change compared to droids.

Had PL been released for the Android first, we Droiders would have provided equal valuable feedback, numerous ideas, etc.

NO SOUP FOR U!

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I feel you on being frustrated that you weren't able to play, but facts are facts Phy! I mean, did you see how big the mages heads used to be?

Also, DO NOT scold me. :)

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
They should just rename it, and that's that. Since the name is misleading now.

Banned
04-18-2011, 06:05 PM

I don't mind you R2D2 C3PO Johnny 5 Astro Boy Alpha 5 Foot Gigantor lovin' mothers getting the helm, but you were six months too late. "Founders" really isn't appropriate, especially since the Android version and iOS version are one in the same.

kallima
No, it sounds like they're giving it to EVERYONE when they hit their 6-month mark. So it's not a Founder's Helm at all, and the name is misleading.

Hmmm...interesting, reserving response and judgment before mis-speaking.

Conradin
I believe a founders helm should be given to those that started in the first month of those that join in ios and first month of android. The others should get a expienced helm

Physiologic
04-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes, the original intent of the helm was to give it to the "founders" but because of the change in requirements, I think it's more of a "Helm of Dedication" sort of deal now. Not saying people who started the game prior to the most recent 6 months aren't dedicated, but just thinking its more suitable.

Banned
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I believe a founders helm should be given to those that started in the first month of those that join in ios and first month of android. The others should get a expienced helm

Change that to the first TWO months iOS wise, and I'd be down.

lilbyrdie
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Ah, thanks. Forgot about that.

Looks like I'll be getting mine in May; I must have signed up not long after it came to Android (pretty big news at the time).

BeardedBear
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Some people have been playing this game for a whole year, that's a big deal and it's no where near the game it used to be. People complain about the GCD like its the end of the world and that's pretty small compared to what we have seen, yes bear nerf, I'm looking at you, you son of a....

Anyway, a name change or something targeted more toward the actual founders of this game would be appropriate.

lilbyrdie
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes, the original intent of the helm was to give it to the "founders" but because of the change in requirements, I think it's more of a "Helm of Dedication" sort of deal now. Not saying people who started the game prior to the most recent 6 months aren't dedicated, but just thinking its more suitable.

That would be a good name.

They could extend that notion to 1 year folks, 18 month folks, and so on. Everyone qualifies. It's a reward for continued play over rather large periods of time.

And each should be better than the last. :)

noneo
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
I agree that the name should be changed to something more suitable. Like the helm of dedication, or the helm of the past, or something along those lines. Either way, I'm not getting a helm. I bought a smart phone too late :(

But calling it a founders helm, and offering it to people well after the games "founding period" doesn't make much sense. If it remains the founders, then keep it only for people that joined in the first month or two of the game release.

Vanced
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
A simple thanks for listening........................ again.

Conradin
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
How bout we call it the founders helm- and depending on the month u got it- it would be a diff color. Like in april- violet, june red, etc so people could still show off when they joined. Also the stats would go down ober the time people joined. Ofc my opinion isncompletely bias because i joined april 11 and want aomwthing special ;)

Beanmachine
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
So roughly if I started in september hmm..

YESSSS A bit over 6 monthes^^

Fatpigwarrior
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
i roughly started 22 october(this was my first plat purchase)
that means 1,2,3,4,5,6... 22 of april

LADYHADASSA
04-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Hoot !!! :) ty

Gluttony
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I wonder if the devs are doing it this way because there is no real way of being able to distinguish iPhone accounts from android accounts. iPhone players were able to get on way before android players. I'm not sure I agree with the decision even though I'm not sure I would get the founder's helm under the old requirements. The game has always been a bit different for different phone users, I'm not sure if this is the time to try to make things equal between the two.

Redbridge
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I wonder if the devs are doing it this way because there is no real way of being able to distinguish iPhone accounts from android accounts. iPhone players were able to get on way before android players. I'm not sure I agree with the decision even though I'm not sure I would get the founder's helm under the old requirements. The game has always been a bit different for different phone users, I'm not sure if this is the time to try to make things equal between the two.

You can log into your account from any device..... so suspect you're right there'll be no way of distinguishing, maybe

Conradin
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Auctually they can tell- easy way- how u buy plat ;)

Zeusofire
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I know the exact date by memory lol December 17 2010

yes i know my sig is out of date

Slush
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Devs, how about you give us legit veterans some armor to go with the helm?

Acyer
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Hope I downloaded PL in November because my first Plat use was December 5th. :( Regardless, good news for everyone else who's included in the new 6 month period!!!

My first plat purchase was 11-14-10

Conradin
04-18-2011, 07:42 PM
my first plat purchace was before plat was out- i simply paid 2 dollars of itunes for a shadow 2h from the store

tonygmoney
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
sounds great..what will be the attributes on these helms? strong i hope..i wanna wear it proudly..

Blueberries
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I thank you for the re-consider.

Rift Plat (http://www.zyy.com/gold/Rift-Planes-of-Telara-US-Platinum.html)Buy RS Gold (http://www.zyy.com/gold/Runescape-gold.html)WoW Gold Cheap (http://www.storeingame.com/)

Gluttony
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, I have to say sorry to the android users out there, but I think that iPhone users were here first and those who are genuine "founders" deserve something for their perseverance. I understand that some android users have been here for quite a while, but this is just another one of those first come, first serve situations (everyone who joins now doesn't have to spend plat for maps at all). iPhone users had an advantage being able to get established before everyone else, and now is their time to be rewarded. I mean, wasn't there a contest that only android users could enter and win? iPhone users may have been upset over that, but things are how they are. I know that the devs have probably made their decision about this and my rant is pointless, but these are just my thoughts.

If the helm can't be salvaged for those joining during the first few months of PL, try giving those players something else. A special vanity item comes to mind, or perhaps armor/weapon to go with their shield and helm; can anyone say set bonus!!

Ladylove
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Aw now it's not special anymore :(. The name "founder" doesn't apply now...

Prest87
04-18-2011, 10:22 PM
This is cool, so do i get instant founder helm seeing how I have played for 1year?

Gluttony
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
This is cool, so do i get instant founder helm seeing how I have played for 1year?

Of course you do, you have doubled the current requirements to get the "founder helm" so maybe you get two?! I hope the devs really reconsider this decision. I know they are trying to please everyone and the android community is a bit upset over the first decision of players actually having to be here since the beginning (hints founder). I'm starting to notice that when anything new is given to an elite few, the majority is in an uproar, these individuals earned it by playing the game far longer than most, so why take that away from them because you want some recognition for putting in half the time?

drewcapu
04-18-2011, 11:03 PM
It's the Second Trimester Helm!
It's when a newbie either develops into a recognizably decent player, or is proven to be a noobis eternalis! (Anubis eternalis?)
;)

Htiek
04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
ty dev, finally i can get in the founder club, i joined at 8/15, 8/17 & 9/22
cant wait to see the helmet :D

razerfingers
04-18-2011, 11:52 PM
what about if you have joined in late october its been 6 months i believe lol

Scoutninja
04-18-2011, 11:55 PM
:( I got the game like 2 months after june :( can I get one?

Scoutninja
04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Did. U say 6 months yes I can get one :p!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladylove
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I liked the April-june...

Gluttony
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM
what about if you have joined in late october its been 6 months i believe lol

So people who joined in early April of 2010 will get the same item as people who joined in late October (over 6 months apart), I mean I know that the latter will be happy but how can you take this away from the people who really deserve it?

Agreed!

razerfingers
04-19-2011, 12:08 AM
So people who joined in early April of 2010 will get the same item as people who joined in late October (over 6 months apart), I mean I know that the latter will be happy but how can you take this away from the people who really deserve it?

Agreed!
idc if i get one it was just a Q

Darkchylde
04-19-2011, 12:55 AM
us that joined in april 2010 should have the primo of the primo helmet that sets us apart from the rest specially the droid cause i was on a ipad an iphone in april an ther wasnt no droid back then it was apple an thats it an i know a few others that joined in april damn we oughtta get the best of the best then work your way down like tier 1 ,2 ,3 ,4

Darkchylde
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
we should have a item that sets us apart from droid nothing against droid but yall wasnt ther for the party in april 2010 yall came in november a day too short an a dollar too late i think is bull dookie ,,,,all the ones that were ther from the get go should be rewarded the best

Darkchylde
04-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Cmon Spacetime dont be a sellout i mean giv the droid users something but us Apple users deserve better

Darkchylde
04-19-2011, 01:19 AM
my first purchase 4/15/2010 75 Platinum

superglut2
04-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Thank you :)

cynic
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
if its as usefull as the shield u may give mine to some one else in the game.

Lovenus
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
if its as usefull as the shield u may give mine to some one else in the game.

If that is possible, I will appreciate it. I started in November but I want one so badly. *winks at developers* ^^

I really hope I can get one. I participated in most of the contests that Pocket Legends organised the day I started playing. Sighs

ratava
04-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Probably a fair way of doing it devs. That's one item I really did earn! :D

Luchta
04-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Now I'm wondering if I will get the helm. My forum account was created 11-22-2010. I hope I played a week before I tried to read. Would suck if I didn't. LOL! But good to hear other droiders are getting it. I remember buying my HTC phone last November and I installed pocket legends the moment I saw it in the market since it was free and the comments left by people made me curious. So I guess I need to thank those noobs in the comments section for posting such lousy remarks and those who posted this game is awesome.

Duke
04-19-2011, 07:50 AM
The main reason for this is it excluded Android users.

And this is a problem... why, exactly? Android users ought to be used to being social pariahs anyway. :p

KaotiicxDream
04-19-2011, 08:13 AM
I made my account in the early January.. Will I be able to get the helmet in a month and 2-3 weeks ?

P.S. I'm on Android and got my first device that could play PL in the early January and created an account the same day cuz a couple of my friends had been playing it :-)

TEPTEP
04-19-2011, 08:50 AM
My oldest recieved STS email is 09.10.10 (AO3 update).. guess i'm getting that helm. Hope it has some descent specs, cause i dont have much space for useless things in my stash (yesterdays shield got raped by my mage's Brain-freeze Eyeball :D)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
it doesnt really make it a veteran item now.. but it should be sweet.. lol been here since day 1 :)

SUPAPRODIGY
04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
cant wait for mine haha :)

Windwolve
04-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I think this is an excellent idea! Rewarding dedicated players is a great way of keeping people active. But as stated before, this does not have anything to do with the 'foundation' of PL. And wasn't this helmet meant to be for 'founders'? I believe it would have been better to only reward the April-June Apple players and the October-November Droid players. Now the helm is not special at all.

Apocolypze
04-19-2011, 10:24 AM
i think its too broad, if it wuznt for the people who joined april-june and spreading the word about the game, it wouldnt have advanced so much.

kallima
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Wow, everyone throws "deserve" around as if having the opportunity to purchase an app on the Apple platform, not otherwise availble to others, qualifies them as more entitled. So, if I came from an affluent family & were to inherit their wealth - I automatically deserve it? And those that weren't afforded the same circumstance or privilege, don't and therefore should just accept their lot in life?

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow, everyone throws "deserve" around as if having the opportunity to purchase an app on the Apple platform, not otherwise availble to others, qualifies them as more entitled. So, if I came from an affluent family & were to inherit their wealth - I automatically deserve it? And those that weren't afforded the same circumstance or privilege, don't and therefore should just accept their lot in life?

Well those that are from a poorer family certainly aren't entitled to your inheritance or to some equivalent inheritance... That would be communism! :D

kallima
04-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks Stomp, I was heated and you made me smile on a day when I'm going on an hour of sleep! :)

Barbamitsos
04-19-2011, 10:45 AM

-ALS

ow cmon.... its like givin it to the half of the comunity. It wont be veteran this way... I agree about android users but not for iphone users 6 months...

it doesnt really make it a veteran item now.. but it should be sweet.. lol been here since day 1 :)

why haven i seen u at all if ur here since day 1? O.o

i think its too broad, if it wuznt for the people who joined april-june and spreading the word about the game, it wouldnt have advanced so much.

agree!

I made my account in the early January.. Will I be able to get the helmet in a month and 2-3 weeks ?

P.S. I'm on Android and got my first device that could play PL in the early January and created an account the same day cuz a couple of my friends had been playing it :-)

dont think so :/

us that joined in april 2010 should have the primo of the primo helmet that sets us apart from the rest specially the droid cause i was on a ipad an iphone in april an ther wasnt no droid back then it was apple an thats it an i know a few others that joined in april damn we oughtta get the best of the best then work your way down like tier 1 ,2 ,3 ,4

maybe DONT multipost?

T O T A L L Y
nothin special about it now... The dates changed thanks to kids that keep crying...

This is why we can't have nice things! STS gives an elite few something and the entire community goes nuts! C'mon people, it's a founders helm... I would imagine it's for FOUNDERS, how is being around for 6 months of a 12 month anything classify you as a founder. Sure, I get that "I wasn't able to join in April, but I would have if it was possible" really, would you have? When the game was just a wee baby, when there wasn't an abundance of maps/quests/items/win that the game is full of now. Fact is that with all of the complaining people are doing over the devs current trial-and-error like patches would you really have stuck around for PL in its infancy? It's time to give it up for the people who allowed the game to expand to different platforms besides the iPhone, if it wasn't for them the game may have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn.

P.S. Since these droid users are trying to strong-arm our award, I say iPhone users try to strong-arm their android contest (I want a shot at getting a new complete costume for my toon), how about a giant apple costume? Anyone with me, iRevolution?!

I WOULD LOVE AN APPLE COSTUME :D

Artemis
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Ive been playing since Late Oct. Do i get one?

Gluttony
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
This is why we can't have nice things! STS gives an elite few something and the entire community goes nuts! C'mon people, it's a founders helm... I would imagine it's for FOUNDERS, how is being around for 6 months of a 12 month anything classify you as a founder. Sure, I get that "I wasn't able to join in April, but I would have if it was possible" really, would you have? When the game was just a wee baby, when there wasn't an abundance of maps/quests/items/win that the game is full of now. Fact is that with all of the complaining people are doing over the devs current trial-and-error like patches would you really have stuck around for PL in its infancy? It's time to give it up for the people who allowed the game to expand to different platforms besides the iPhone, if it wasn't for them the game may have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn.

P.S. Since these droid users are trying to strong-arm our award, I say iPhone users try to strong-arm their android contest (I want a shot at getting a new complete costume for my toon), how about a giant apple costume? Anyone with me, iRevolution?!

asommers
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
This is why we can't have nice things!

I've gone gray trying to please everyone.

-ALS

ratava
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM

-ALS

At least you've still got hair. :D Always a positive.

Potawto
04-19-2011, 05:18 PM

-ALS

Don't worry! Gray is the new black! :3

Gluttony
04-19-2011, 05:31 PM

-ALS

This is why you guys at STS should start sticking to your guns; pleasing EVERYONE is borderline impossible. It was supposed to be a treat for people who have put a full year into the game and the community and now it's being diminished to a mere novelty item. The April-June initial idea seemed the best, but people are starting to notice that causing an uproar is getting them what they want.

The founding fathers of the United States were around in 1776, does it seem fair to get my name added to the list for my contributions in 2010 because I wasn't born yet, but I would have been there?

asommers
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I've got a new plan that now pleases the impossible-to-please.

-ALS

Physiologic
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM

iPhone users should be grateful that you were all given Droid antennas. Droiders did not complain iOS users were given Droid antennas, which were specifically created due to Google being very lenient about the use of their Droid mascot. Why are all the iOS users outraged? And no, from what I remember, Apple denied STS from using their trademark Apple symbol so an "iRevolution" is pretty much impossible.

And you also made a huge assumption that "the game have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn." If this game was released on the Android first and THEN the iOS, I would punch myself in the face if I made such a comment about the iOS.

Good thing you haven't received a PL shield or a Community Shield, if ever - you might go crazy if more and more people started receiving these shields because of their "uniqueness."

Edit: In short, they're just freakin' pixels, man.

TheSnowman
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I've got a new plan that now pleases the impossible-to-please.

-ALS

I guess you won't divulge this plan until tomorrow.

Prest87
04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
In my opinion apple users should have first idea while droid should have 1st month of release on droid or not at all

Gluttony
04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
iPhone users should be grateful that you were all given Droid antennas. Droiders did not complain iOS users were given Droid antennas, which were specifically created due to Google being very lenient about the use of their Droid mascot. Why are all the iOS users outraged? And no, from what I remember, Apple denied STS from using their trademark Apple symbol so an "iRevolution" is pretty much impossible.

And you also made a huge assumption that "the game have become a bit less popular and android users may still be waiting for their turn." If this game was released on the Android first and THEN the iOS, I would punch myself in the face if I made such a comment about the iOS.

Good thing you haven't received a PL shield or a Community Shield, if ever - you might go crazy if more and more people started receiving these shields because of their "uniqueness."

You're comparing an antenna to a complete costume (which is pure awesome btw), this is the equilent of what people got from Big Love/Luck for waving. Also, outrage is a bit much. I personally am having fun voicing my opinion and trying to make light of the situation, nothing more. iRevolution was a complete farce and I don't have the charisma to get my dog to follow me to the store, let alone anyone with half a brain reading this.

I stated that "if" the game became less popular from iPhone users, then the cart over to the droid may never had happened. We see this in the gaming community all of the time. If a Xbox exclusive becomes extremely popular and Sony can negotiate the rights to said title, then they will cart it over to their system. Failing titles don't usually get carted over to another system after the fact.

I don't care about the novity/vanity items, in fact I liquidate them. I don't believe that I will get a founder helm if the join date is changed from April-June (I may, but I know I didn't purchase plat until mid June). I'm not trying to make an item that I am getting into an exclusive thing, but rather voicing my opinion of why I think that this item should be restricted to the people who were here first.

Edit: I appreciate your opinion, and know that you're a more respected player/assist to the community. I had no idea my rant would bring out the big guns!

Moogerfooger
04-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Helm.

http://www.sustainabilityninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kleercut-kleenex.jpg

If you weren't around back in the day when the game first came out, too freaking bad. Quit your sniveling and be happy for those who helped provide the first initial game improvements and income flow and Android launch later on. The jealousy and pettiness here is out of control, all of you need to grow up and quit being jealous little punks who think you are entitled to everything.

And I say this as a non-Founder myself. I wasn't there, regardless of platform, I don't deserve it.

Potawto
04-19-2011, 06:09 PM
I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Shield.

http://www.sustainabilityninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kleercut-kleenex.jpg

If you weren't around back in the day when the game first came out, too freaking bad. Quit your sniveling and be happy for those who helped provide the first initial game improvements and income flow and Android launch later on. The jealousy and pettiness here is out of control, all of you need to grow up and quit being jealous little punks who think you are entitled to everything.

And I say this as a non-Founder myself. I wasn't there, regardless of platform, I don't deserve it.

+50 potatoes
You sir, deserve these

vol
04-19-2011, 06:09 PM

Don't forget that Apple is trying to kill off the free platinum/tapjoy thing cause they dont get a cut.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/19/apple-banning-pay-per-install-apps-from-the-app-store-says-tapjo/

Echelong
04-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Well said "Random" hehe I agree with moog on this I wish I was one of the starting members but I opened my account on August and couldnt really play much till I started my Mage back on December. I'm glad that I gt the shield at least.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Don't forget that Apple is trying to kill off the free platinum/tapjoy thing cause they dont get a cut.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/19/apple-banning-pay-per-install-apps-from-the-app-store-says-tapjo/

So That's the reason sts shut tapjoy down

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
i guess im a starting member because i started day of?

noneo
04-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I have something for all you complaining about who should get a Founder's Helm.

Not fair!

I only use puffs plus with lotion, that's not fair to the rest of us!

davidis57
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
To put it plainly its petty to sit here and argue about who gets what. If I was a dev and people acted like this no one would get anything. They don't have to give players anything. Stop all this complaining and bickering. NcSoft for example gives loyalty items for those who stay and play City of Heroes. If PL wants to give items to apple users and android users its their choice. As far as people leaving the game it happens and you cannot please everyone. You all just need to grow up and stop this constant complaining.

Groad
04-19-2011, 07:03 PM
To put it plainly its petty to sit here and argue about who gets what. If I was a dev and people acted like this no one would get anything. They don't have to give players anything. Stop all this complaining and bickering. NcSoft for example gives loyalty items for those who stay and play City of Heroes. If PL wants to give items to apple users and android users its their choice. As far as people leaving the game it happens and you cannot please everyone. You all just need to grow up and stop this constant complaining.

That about sums it up.

/close thread

vol
04-19-2011, 07:06 PM
To put it plainly its petty to sit here and argue about who gets what. If I was a dev and people acted like this no one would get anything. They don't have to give players anything. Stop all this complaining and bickering. You all just need to grow up and stop this constant complaining.

Ever generalize?

Demonicdevyn
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM
what so players that start a acc today in 6 months theylle get one? lmaee)sorry to ssay

Varking
04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
It isn't up to us to decide who gets what. We should all be thankful that STS does this type of thing for the community and just celebrate it, rather than pick it a part. I didn't read every post in this thread but from what I could gather on a few pages I did read was that Android users, myself included, just came here to say thank you for thinking about us. We weren't crying foul.

Wrap
04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
"You hand someone a silver plate, and they complain that it wasn't gold" ;)

Darkchylde
04-19-2011, 10:20 PM
we should have a item that sets us apart from droid nothing against droid but yall wasnt ther for the party in april 2010 yall came in november a day too short an a dollar too late i think is bull dookie ,,,,all the ones that were ther from the get go should be rewarded the best

oh yea you guardians of alterra what a lot of k#$$ a$$e$ an brown nosers you are..if PL said the sky was falling yall would agree an go build a brick house an all live in it the only cool ones i know is Redryder an Myst an King

Fyrce
04-19-2011, 10:44 PM
helm of the veteran
helm of commitment
oldster's helm :P
ancient helm full of holes

anyways, i think this is cool.

Also, finally got a chance to try the GCD and it's fine. Actually seems like much fewer deaths for newbies. Combos are harder to set up though.

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 12:50 AM

u give a child a green lolipop and he complains cause it wasn red, even if the taste was the same...

oh yea you guardians of alterra what a lot of k#$$ a$$e$ an brown nosers you are..if PL said the sky was falling yall would agree an go build a brick house for em the only cool one i know is Redryder

grab a hankerchief from the previous page

Windwolve
04-20-2011, 01:04 AM

The thing why people are upset it that the devs first told us 'the founders' would get the golden plate. Because of some whining, they will give everyone a bronze plate in 6 months. I'm not complaining however, just my thoughts.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 01:58 AM

stupid apple

Darkchylde
04-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Good riddance to Tapjoy i never used it any way it was always a Pain in the A$$ i jus use my hard earned money an buy me a itunes card

Riccits
04-20-2011, 03:14 AM
founders helm should be deserved to all wich started april-june. all others arent founders :/

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 04:27 AM
They didn't have to give anyone anything... We should all appreciate what our devs do for us, not complain.

SoulMaster
04-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Oh my.... I joined in December 19 2010(Android user), am i going to get my founder's helmet when i hit 6 months old on my account?

Which is i will get my helmet when it is June 19, 2011??

Survivorfan
04-20-2011, 05:48 AM
I don't think this change is good idea as the original purpose of helm is a special thank you to players who have been with us from the very beginning

it should be like apple players (Apr-Jun) and Droid player (Nov-Jan) are rewarded for the helm,

this will fit its purpose and cover both sides of player

I totally agree with you, then it will be the founders of the droid and the founders of the idevices.

Darkchylde
04-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Spacetime sold out to the droid,,,,,,,,, the founders were the apple users

BeardedBear
04-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Name should be changed.

Riccits
04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
yep....
droid users should become some other item for testing app, but they didnt found anything.. so it just deservers to april-june joiners

Tiliana
04-20-2011, 07:47 AM
People, let it go. Its a hat. Let the devs do what they want with stuff they are giving away. Really! It's like listening to my toddlers argue about their toys! Find some maturity.

ratava
04-20-2011, 07:57 AM
It will all be water under the bridge when B* launches. EVERY PLAYER has helped make that possible!

"Don't worry, be happy... because every little... ."

:D

MoarPewPew
04-20-2011, 08:07 AM
People need to chill. The devs don't even have to give us an item. This is a present from the devs. Just Say thank you and put a smile on your face.

Apocolypze
04-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Its kinda funny now because now, more people want it back the old way then complaining for the 6 months

Tiliana
04-20-2011, 08:19 AM
People need to chill. The devs don't even have to give us an item. This is a present from the devs. Just Say thank you and put a smile on your face.

Ten Exactly! Char

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 08:27 AM
How 'bout just forget about the helm (too much controversy) and improve the design of the shield? :p

Acyer
04-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Look enough with the apple Droid who was here first we know apple was cool yeah I'm a Droid user and have been here since it was in beta for Droid. Apple yes are the founders of their os as Droid beta folks are the founders of their os (operating system) for the slow. Yes I think both should have a helm,but only if you was there for the first month.

I was here a week before the "actual" release for Droid a way to end this issue is let the apple and droid helms be different in look maybe stats too but not much if there are any it may be a vanity.

Just my 2 cents

Snakespeare
04-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Let's get back to the idea, which is that STS wants to say thanks to folks who stuck with them through big changes. My response is, you are welcome, the pleasure is all mine. Thank YOU! About the helm, I really don't care, but I do appreciate the idea. I'm grateful, too. But if cancelling the whole idea is necessary, I understand.

Acyer
04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's get back to the idea, which is that STS wants to say thanks to folks who stuck with them through big changes. My response is, you are welcome, the pleasure is all mine. Thank YOU! About the helm, I really don't care, but I do appreciate the idea. I'm grateful, too. But if cancelling the whole idea is necessary, I understand.

Enough said /salute

SoulMaster
04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
i totally agree to the droid founders helmet of nov to jan.

Echelong
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
If people keep complaining about every little change or every little item they don't get or like and learn to adjust STS won't give us anymore clues or hints about upcoming updates and wont give any more exclusive items. They should change the name of the Helm now to the Helm of complainers or just simply make a new deuce helm and put it in the stash of the complainers and it will have the effect of crying letters popping up while they are walking.

Because of the 6 month rule even I may get a helm (which I don't think I deserve) and if I get it thanks devs if I don't thanks devs and founders for making this game what it is now.

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
If people keep complaining about every little change or every little item they don't get or like and learn to adjust STS won't give us anymore clues or hints about upcoming updates and wont give any more exclusive items. They should change the name of the Helm now to the Helm of complainers or just simply make a new deuce helm and put it in the stash of the complainers and it will have the effect of crying letters popping up while they are walking.

Because of the 6 month rule even I may get a helm (which I don't think I deserve) and if I get it thanks devs if I don't thanks devs and founders for making this game what it is now.

"The helm of complainers"! Lmao. I think a lot of people would qualify for that to be honest. :)

Addicted
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I will have to check with my therapist to see when my Pocket Legends addiction started ;)

LMAO! ***Adds to Sig***

superglut2
04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I joined late october. Do i get one?

DanielRH
04-20-2011, 01:47 PM
LOL this is great!
People complained... And now everyone else is complaining that people complained! Wwwwooooowwwwww.... Seriously???

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
LOL this is great!
People complained... And now everyone else is complaining that people complained! Wwwwooooowwwwww.... Seriously???

Stop complaining about people complaining about people that complained.

DanielRH
04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
ROFL!!! :p

Dynastu
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Lol that's great!

asommers
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
As per today's (57443) update:

Accounts that have logged in the past week that also created an account in April or May of 2010 are awarded the Founder's Helm. Check your stash for this exclusive item. Accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 that did not log in within the last week will be awarded the Founder's Helm when our Veteran Rewards system comes online in several weeks.

-ALS

Kanitall
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I didnt get the founder helm and i started in august.. Why??

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I didnt get the founder helm and i started in august.. Why??

August is not April or May.
-_-'

Kanitall
04-20-2011, 04:03 PM
August is not April or May.
-_-'

Wtf they said 6month!

Potawto
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
>:(!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
you know, the people that played PL the first month either knew sts or ran into it randomly, now with the size of PL, its mostly the publicity thats getting new players attention. but as an android user i would call myself a veteran. i even remember the keyword i searched that brought me to PL "MMO" and myself taking the initiative to do that assures me that i was a PL veteran. so the only difference between people who played in the first month vs people who played during the rest of 2010 is very little. idk if ill even get the helm but i can tell myself that i have as much passion for this game than anyone els.

KingGiant
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
you know, the people that played PL the first month either new sts or ran into it randomly, now with the size of sts, its mostly the publicity thats getting new players attention. but as an android user i would call myself a veteran. i even remember the keyword i searched that brought me to PL "MMO" and myself taking the initiative to do that assures me that i was a PL veteran. so the only difference between people who played in the first month vs people who played during the rest of 2010 is very little. idk if ill even get the helm but i can tell myself that i have as much passion for this game than anyone els.

I <3 this outlook

TheSnowman
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Does anyone else think the helm looks a bit ordinary? I mean i don't think the design of the helm is worthy of being the founders helm because its just a variation on the BS helms, personally i was expecting something that looked a little more unique and special.

Samhayne
04-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Discussion about the Founder's Helm and Veteran Rewards continues on this thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24154-The-Founder%92s-Helm-and-the-idea-of-Veteran-Rewards