PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.1 Content Update (57272)

asommers
04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Low-level monsters in the Shadow Caves have a lot less armor (so trudging through them is quite a bit more fun).
Reduced the number of low-level monsters in the Shadow Caves.
There is now a 'towne' in the Shadow realm that can be reached via the world map.
You can now go directly into the Shadow realm through a secret passage in the Malik Museum.
Attempting to cast an ability which appears to not be on cooldown will cast that ability as soon as it is available to be cast, if it was actually not quite ready at the time of the attempt.
Gold Fever should no longer be combo-ing players with every attack.
Removed required minimum level checkbox from host screen since all dungeons now require the minimum level

Barbamitsos
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
XD finally no lvl leechers yay!!!!

MaxxSteele
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
What's up with all the nerfs lately? Trying to increase profits?

Junside
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
First? I'm still waiting for the join button fix but thst should come soon

Bah missed it :l

Kingofhurtz
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds good. Thanks deva

On7H3MooN
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Mhm Shadow realm town. :3

Redbridge
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
cool thanks for the update...

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Haha ALS, glad you put 'towne' in quotes.

Arterra
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Shadow town ooooooo

Redbridge
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc365/clarkedigital/Pocket%20Legends/015597ab-1.png

lilbyrdie
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Low-level monsters in the Shadow Caves have a lot less armor (so trudging through them is quite a bit more fun).
Reduced the number of low-level monsters in the Shadow Caves.
There is now a 'towne' in the Shadow realm that can be reached via the world map.
You can now go directly into the Shadow realm through a secret passage in the Malik Museum.

Sounds awesome; really must finish work so I can go try out Shadow Caves again. Kept getting walloped last time, so went off to level instead. :)

Thanks! And two nice updates today? Sweet. :)

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Lol -- tanning "hooth"

Major
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow you guys rock!!

Lesrider
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
What's up with all the nerfs lately? Trying to increase profits?

Elixirs cost plat now, so the game has to be made easier.
{shrug}

Doubletime
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
lol. Shadow Caves are much different now. Should make farming the helm much easier now. Interesting update. Probably will play the caves for the first time in a while, especially since the elixers aren't a great option any more. Can I please have the damage pot back for gold. Pretty please.

KingFu
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
An attempt to get us to farm so vyx helm of hate isn't one of a kind^^ kinda cool, dissapointed with the nerf. But not bad:) Like the town, simple, yet dark

Greyhorse
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Can't wait to get home from work!

choco
04-18-2011, 06:25 PM
meh....more nerfing.

braluk
04-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Map is much more fun now, much like a keeper run. Bosses still tough, like shadow witch, but at least bosses clumped in with mobs are much more manageable. Glitch in third cave though and also auto targeted my teammate like pvp for some reason.

Marcuz 4 Mel
04-18-2011, 07:25 PM
OMG Nice! :D One question, Where did Players Online go on the main screen? :o I found that helpful so i knew when was a good time to play

omerojs
04-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Elixirs cost plat now, so the game has to be made easier.
{shrug}

Actually i think its better now!!! the amount of morons on lvl 55 who doesnt know how to play will be less now... i also really liked that the minimum level is a must for dungeons!! that way people will grow with the game and learn to play.. you wont really see too many high lvl players with 0 quests done..

davidis57
04-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I agree with this.

The Real Jira
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
OMG Nice! :D One question, Where did Players Online go on the main screen? :o I found that helpful so i knew when was a good time to play

I think you can blame that one on me.

superglut2
04-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Well will take a lot longer to each high lvl chars. Like the lil shadow caves path.

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 02:08 AM
First? I'm still waiting for the join button fix but thst should come soon

Bah missed it :l

join button is a client issue 1,7,1,1 was submitted

cynic
04-19-2011, 03:42 AM
btw i cant see how many people are online in the start screen did you change that as wel? any reason for this?

Luchta
04-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Attempting to cast an ability which appears to not be on cooldown will cast that ability as soon as it is available to be cast, if it was actually not quite ready at the time of the attempt.

I am still confused how this is now. I tried to tap 4 skills and all of them queued. Unfortunately, only 2 registered and the other two are still available for casting. Anyone having the same experience?

cynic
04-19-2011, 07:48 AM
man i love the MEGA COMBOS
i like it a lot this really adds some to the game.

lilbyrdie
04-19-2011, 07:57 AM
I am still confused how this is now. I tried to tap 4 skills and all of them queued. Unfortunately, only 2 registered and the other two are still available for casting. Anyone having the same experience?

It's the "not quite ready" part -- I think they've given the GCD a small fudge factor for touch so if you try to time it just right, and hit it 1ms early, it will still trigger -- just 1ms later when it's actually available. Exactly what that fudge factor is (1ms? 5ms? 20ms?), they haven't identified. This should only be possible with one skill at a time.

lilbyrdie
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
On Combos:

My bird shows the "Combo" bubble with just a single skill attack now. Specifically, I can host a zone, go in, find a single mob, not cast any other skills at all, and poke them with repulse shot and see the combo text.

On Level limits:

Not sure if it was this update, but if I'm doing a quest, my character ignores the level limit. When the particular dungeon I join is cleared and the "go to next" button comes up, if the next button is beyond my level limit, it doesn't load due to the restriction.

This has been nice, because when I was doing the Frost King quest with my 24, I got into the frost king area with a group of 28-32s. We made it to the frost king with little issue. The four of them died. I finished it off, from about half health. Needless to say, they weren't very good or had crappy equipment or something. He's not that hard. :p

I hope this is on purpose. Since many quests are have their own level limits, you at least have to show you can make it through the quests to get into the areas. The only goofy part is when you can't return to the area without the quests or keep going with your party.

SoShaan
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
that way people will grow with the game and learn to play.. you wont really see too many high lvl players with 0 quests done..

Dont let the number of quest completed fool ya. I was lv45 when they added the quest system. Now im lv56 and have no
intenction of doing any quest. I have like 9 done, and those were by accident.
Quest teach nothing about gameplay, they only teach non farmers how to earn loot.

lilbyrdie
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Dont let the number of quest completed fool ya. I was lv45 when they added the quest system. Now im lv56 and have no
Quest teach nothing about gameplay, they only teach non farmers how to earn loot.

Strange view on quests.

I consider quests to be the "Game."

Farming and grinding are just side things to do -- time killers more than completing anything "productive." Not saying they aren't satisfying, but if there's not a next quest to complete, why get better equipment or stats? (With the exception that we can hope there will continue to be a push up in level on quests, too.)

Are the quest rewards always worthwhile? Nope. That's something STS needs to work on, I think. Some of the rewards, though, are very worthwhile.

And, no, I don't PvP. That is different.

Redbridge
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM

?? I've clearly been playing this game all wrong......

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
?? I've clearly been playing this game all wrong......

Noob!!!!!!!!!!! (j/k)

Moogerfooger
04-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Wrong. As a new low-lvl player, they teach everything about gameplay, as in you learn how to use your skills to fight your way through low-level dungeons.

Maybe for someone who was level 45 when quests came out, they are pointless...but for all the other new people, they give them something to do while you learn how to play and learn your skills.

Redbridge
04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Wrong. As a new low-lvl player, they teach everything about gameplay, as in you learn how to use your skills to fight your way through low-level dungeons.

Maybe for someone who was level 45 when quests came out, they are pointless...but for all the other new people, they give them something to do while you learn how to play and learn your skills.

See.... that's what i thought too.... But clearly we've all been doing it wrong... I'm off to delete all my characters, unlearn everything and start all over again......

Or maybe not..... I too think quests are a vital part of the game and not doing them is a mistake... only my view though

ardonemis
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I realy dont like where this is going..

First the gcd and this "one plat rev" Button.
Now the plat for elexir and what about this "pseudo" queue Button? It dosent work for me.. maybe because i am Not playing ond a multi Touch phone? So are they again in a better position?

I think they dont Show the "players online" anymore because people would See that people are leaving the game. I bett that in a view months, when enought new players are playing, they will Show it again.

Of course there are plenty of cool new things ( all the towns, new quest, Set Bonus and the Level req.)
But the positive changes are only minor from a play-fun perspective.

Sad to say, that i dont like the big changes.
(not English-speaking and writing ond phone)

Apostar
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Have to sound off on this one. It's about time and thank you for making the change to keep low level players from hosting spots they didn't belong in. Great catch and change

angelofdeath54
04-19-2011, 07:37 PM
until when will be earn free plat closed