PDA

View Full Version : Pure leveling

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.jlh-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Now you are all forced to play by the original rules of the game!

I have grown tired of helping new players and seeing them powerlevel, against all my advice. Now, I can't do anything about old noobs, but I can now finally actually help players as they progress, and not just get invited to plasma pyramid if I friend them.

HUZZA

FYI, this is on par with tue rush nerf. Bravo STS, bravo.

Moogerfooger
04-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Here...you will be needing this :D

http://www.dustycouture.com/dustybacon/Post_Images/2010_Winter_Spring/FirePerformSafety/Fire-proof_and_Heat_Insulation_Suit.jpg

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I can't find the image I used for the death of the rush, so this will do. I say we bury the powerlevel nex to the rush, under the old oak in the corner of the graveyard, where the train passes by every hour.

http://blog.silive.com/latest_news/2007/10/1004FUNERAL.jpg

noobmigo
04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I like the rule, I just don't like how I'll have to level to 10 at FH and to 14 at DF for my twinks. 20 at Balefort is pretty nice though.

red
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
are you lv 56? did you use pots? so dont act like you will go thru this too if you are

Vallist
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
are you lv 56? did you use pots? so dont act like you will go thru this too if you are

LOL i like how you put it

Potawto
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.jlh-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

now you are all forced to play by the original rules of the game!

I have grown tired of helping new players and seeing them powerlevel, against all my advice. Now, i can't do anything about old noobs, but i can now finally actually help players as they progress, and not just get invited to plasma pyramid if i friend them.

Huzza

fyi, this is on par with tue rush nerf. Bravo sts, bravo.

u dun stoal my trole pikshur!!!1!1!1!

Edit: my caps aren't working, therefore this post is less intimidating. :(

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I used the 1.5 pot maybe from 50... 4 times total? And to 50 no more than half a dozen.

And not even 56, leveling PURELY there.
I'm untouchable to your flames.

red
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I used the 1.5 pot maybe from 50... 4 times total? And to 50 no more than half a dozen.

And not even 56, leveling PURELY there.
I'm untouchable to your flames.

im sorry but i just cant believe that. your saying that when you were close to 56, you didn't use any pots at all, not even when you had a couple games left.

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM
im sorry but i just cant believe that. your saying that when you were close to 56, you didn't use any pots at all, not even when you had a couple games left.

I'm saying I'm not 56.
And sorry, but you have to. You don't seem to know my style, do you...

Apart from being too broke for them potted leveling, I want to get all the drops I can on the journey. Crush the keeper? What a joke. Do lv1 of BS then bail at boss? Invited friends for some free gold fever!

red
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
And sorry, but you have to.

have to what?

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Revise all said statements and think it over.

Will the next victim please stand up? Don't see why you insist on saying I am wrong, the facts are what they are.

RedRyder
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Arterra doesn't pot, when he does it's a rare sight. I was leveling my bear at LE and it took sooo long. I found a great pub team though and that was cool. Gave me hope :') they were all the right level range too, and we were dishing out mega combos and bears were tanking and the one Mage healing and Reving constantly and saying the occasional "dont res yet I'm coming!" when he/she did ever die.

It was really heart warming

Potawto
04-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Revise all said statements and think it over.

Will the next victim please stand up? Don't see why you insist on saying I am wrong, the facts are what they are.

Will the real next victim please stand up? Please stand up? Please stand up?

Sorry, someone had to make the reference.

Demonicdevyn
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I love the idea of pure lvling..hate that I deleted my main to rmk....

Arterra
04-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I have to admit that is is a very slow process for the average player. I only have 2 main characters, Mage at 55 and bird at 51. The age of a million Alts is over.

Conradin
04-18-2011, 07:46 PM
lol arterra is flame proof- lol i have seen you use pots like 3 times ever... anyways amen

davidis57
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I used a few elixers when I was 49. It was expensive and I stopped after a few. Now I am 55 and owe most of the graditude to the groups I was in. If it was not for them it would of been a lot harder. I like the new changes cause now people have to earn it instead of having someone power level them.

Riccits
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
everyone is be able to reach 55 in 4 months... 56 isnt a have to, when u really want it just play!

JaytB
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
I was lvl 48 with my first char (bear) before I knew that something like a power leveling liquid existed. I didn't even knew what powerleveling was really o.O

Can't say I'll miss it to be honest. Pure lvling ftw (at least until the next lvl cap) ;)

Fyrce
04-19-2011, 04:11 AM
You should be able to be in dark forest at level 8 -- 2 levels below I think?

I still have lots of alts. Just not at much time to play.

And I still think leveling's fast. Just join the appropriate level games with people. Xp is really fast.

lilbyrdie
04-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Apart from being too broke for them potted leveling, I want to get all the drops I can on the journey. Crush the keeper? What a joke. Do lv1 of BS then bail at boss? Invited friends for some free gold fever!

I'll add to that and say, "I want to get all the _self usable_ drops I can on the journey."

The early days of playing, where every run I would look through my items and find something new to put on, were awesome. That's amazingly rare once in the 40s and 50s.

I can kind of get that charm with my low levels, but only if I don't get drawn into the shoppe... where my low levels have ample funds to spend. :)

DaiJue
04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I was lvl 48 with my first char (bear) before I knew that something like a power leveling liquid existed. I didn't even knew what powerleveling was really o.O

Same thing here, I never knew what those little bottle icons next to the HP bar were until after AO3 was released.

Tamino
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Ah, I passed some time wondering why people wanted to double his exp level for 5 minutes (to wear better gears?), before reading the forum and understanding what "2x EXP for 5 min" actually means...