PDA

View Full Version : Vyxnar helm of hate drop rate

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 01:01 AM
this is my opinion COME ON D: the other vyxnar helm was so hard to loot thats what made it rare this helm should be rarer as it is level 50 come on HUGE drop rate one run 3 people got a helm each!

will they be nerfing it like before? prices dropped from 4m-340k in one day? i think its not any good in my opinion change the drop rate now that shadow caves is easier keep 100% drop rate for other pinks just the helm a 2% drop rate maybe?

it will actually have good rarity and value then i dont no about anyone elses opinions.. but in my opinion change the drop rate and or spawn rate

cjackyo
04-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Sorry about this.......its not your party you can't cry when u want to. Its not going to be long and they be back up so get em y u can.

Riccits
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
i give a tip to everyone: try to get one as fast as possible, and dont whine after if they nerf it!

anyway, the rarity and allure is gone from this item... so we need a new rarest item in game... :/

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
i give a tip to everyone: try to get one as fast as possible, and dont whine after if they nerf it!

anyway, the rarity and allure is gone from this item... so we need a new rarest item in game... :/

i no this item isnt rare anymore D: and id say stock up on as many as possible! they will nerf the drop rate!

Riccits
04-19-2011, 01:57 AM
got confirmed a loot rate of 50% actually.
just cant play right now ;(

Corpser
04-19-2011, 02:00 AM
im trying but keep getting booted for to low reason

hell im a lvl 53 bear

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Well it might be more rarer if you had to clear the entire map first instead of going straight to him.

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Well it might be more rarer if you had to clear the entire map first instead of going straight to him.

and even then he had a low spawn rate.. all im saying is farm this if they nerf it the helm will be worth a bit!

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 04:15 AM
It should be nerfed. This was supposed to be a rare helm to be sought after. The level 25 one is now more rare. Maybe making it so he has a 50% chance of spawning after the map is cleared would make things better.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 04:19 AM
got confirmed a loot rate of 50% actually.
just cant play right now ;(

I tried to go last night, but no games were open. Let's try today before they nerf it!

Riccits
04-19-2011, 04:19 AM
It should be nerfed. This was supposed to be a rare helm to be sought after. The level 25 one is now more rare. Maybe making it so he has a 50% chance of spawning after the map is cleared would make things better.

whats the spawning now?

Riccits
04-19-2011, 04:21 AM
I tried to go last night, but no games were open. Let's try today before they nerf it!

but cant be online before 5:30pm... thats in 5,5h :/

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 04:21 AM

Wait... You're telling me they made the map easier, gave him a high spawn rate, a high drop rate, AND you don't have to clear to get to him?
{facepalm}

Overcompensation....

joeychandler
04-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Just did one run to check and 3 ppl (including me) got it

In before the nerf ^^

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Two words from Jesus (thats what you called me:p)

Sets

Lowerdroprates

nightshade
04-19-2011, 04:29 AM
My friend looted one, should I post pic? He said he joined and it dropped out of nowhere

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 04:35 AM
My friend looted one, should I post pic? He said he joined and it dropped out of nowhere

Lol.
Sounds like they're raining down from the sky!

Fatpigwarrior
04-19-2011, 04:46 AM
50% drop rate

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 05:08 AM
The old vyx worked bc he had a high spawn rate and low drop rate. Made it fun to farm him.
If it works, don't break it :p Just use the same spawn/drop rate for the lvl 50 vyx as the old one.

JaytB
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Once I really wanted this helm, now I just sold it. Everyone is running around with one so I don't see the point of having one anymore :(

LADYHADASSA
04-19-2011, 06:09 AM
After several hours no sleep and having my entire 3 farming teams get helm its now 730am and i can now let my face heal from face palms.... Lol got one... Can Anyone really believe that the devs are going to leave this like this ? Consider this a gift :) and enjoy for the moment.... :)

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
04-19-2011, 06:10 AM
The old vyx worked bc he had a high spawn rate and low drop rate. Made it fun to farm him.
If it works, don't break it :p Just use the same spawn/drop rate for the lvl 50 vyx as the old one.

If there were more it would be way more harder to kill.Example:3 vyx chasing u and ur team mates, killing u guys 1-3 hits dead.

DOAPSaint
04-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Anybody wanna farm it with me right now? I havent run the map and dont know where he is lol...

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
If there were more it would be way more harder to kill.Example:3 vyx chasing u and ur team mates, killing u guys 1-3 hits dead.

But that's the point.
The old vyx was like that for the lvl appropriate players.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Anybody wanna farm it with me right now? I havent run the map and dont know where he is lol...

I'll join you. I was running with a good team, but while I was making room, they filled up :(

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Drop rates are ridiculous darn i wish i didnt have to finsh my school "application"

Riccits
04-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Drop rates are ridiculous darn i wish i didnt have to finsh my school "application"

my work "application" wont end today seems.... :/

Yvonnel
04-19-2011, 07:03 AM
I understand all of you guys wanting to nerf it. Its just like the original Shadow Caves release. Everyone screaming about the drop rate. Guess what the value of those items didn't change much because they nerfed it in a couple of days. I expect they will do the same thing here.

I just hope this one isn't like the first cave nerf and I actually get a chance to get one before they change it. We will have to see how work goes.

Yvonnel
04-19-2011, 07:04 AM
I understand all of you guys wanting to nerf it. Its just like the original Shadow Caves release. Everyone screaming about the drop rate. Guess what the value of those items didn't change much because they nerfed it in a couple of days. I expect they will do the same thing here.

I just hope this one isn't like the first cave nerf and I actually get a chance to get one before they change it. We will have to see how work goes.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:04 AM

Funny. On the drop rates, I think it is normal that the items will lower and value and the fact that the drops have increased is also good gives more choices to the players on what they want to use. After all lvl50 is no longer the end game level.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
What used to be the rarest helm last week its now a joke. I wonder why devs have taken so long to nerf his spawn and drop rates.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
What used to be the rarest helm last week its now a joke. I wonder why devs have taken so long to nerf his spawn and drop rates.

Shadow cave elite dungeons still cost plat. Right?

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Shadow cave elite dungeons still cost plat. Right?

Yeah they still do maybe thats the point of all of it. Making people pay plat for them.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah they still do maybe thats the point of all of it. Making people pay plat for them.

So if you pay plate for an elite dungeon that is too hard and never drops... would you buy another one again? I think that plat for elite will become an indirect plat for better gear over time. Makes sense.

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Almost done with one out of two essays, the max character limit is 5000 but I only have around 2500:/

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah it would be for Hate, death and shadow gear but Vyx helm is supposed to be really rare, the lvl 25 Vyx is still rare and its a lvl 25.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Almost done with one out of two essays, the max character limit is 5000 but I only have around 2500:/

You want to be closer to the max than that. Find yourself some pretty purple adjectives.

Kalielle
04-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Please don't nerf the rate quite yet, I'm not gonna get the chance to farm one for myself until a bit later today... ;)

Jokes aside, I'm glad the drop rate was increased and I think it should be left as is. When it was really low nobody was farming the caves because it wasn't a good investment of time to do a hard map for weeks for a very slim chance at getting a single item, no matter how desirable it may be.

Now that the drop rate was increased I noticed that about a third of my friends are in the caves all the time. People are playing en masse a hard map that nobody was playing before. Anything that gets people to do that is a smart move in my book.

Yeah so eventually everyone will have one and prices will drop drastically - so what? It's what happens to all items in the game. At least it will keep people busy farming for a few weeks, and after that I'm sure there's going to be some other craze coming for the next fashionable item. It's how things always happen in the game.

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
It will only keep people busy until the end of the week. The price is like 200k. Once it falls too low, people will stop farming. It's kind of why people stopped farming green ice. Vyx is ONLY easy because you can go straight to him and not have to kill the witch, prince, and the shadow demon. People are just doing mad rushes to him and then remake the game. I still say that they should either require the entire map to be cleared or make the witch, prince, and shadow demon spawn when the map is started.

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 11:47 AM
They'll probably require a clear of the map

Kalielle
04-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Vyx is ONLY easy because you can go straight to him and not have to kill the witch, prince, and the shadow demon. People are just doing mad rushes to him and then remake the game. I still say that they should either require the entire map to be cleared or make the witch, prince, and shadow demon spawn when the map is started.

I didn't realize that - as I said, I haven't had a chance to play today yet.

Yes, I would totally support putting the witch etc before Vyx. And keep the drop rate reasonable. Hard maps with achievable drops make the game fun and worth playing.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Kalielle, the caves aren't hard anymore. The regular mobs are much easier and there are fewer bosses.
While I personally have not looted one yet, I've seen two vyx helms drop at once. Too high a drop rate for what it is.

Kalielle
04-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Well I just came back from playing caves and I had a blast. (Was good to see you there, Les. I assume the 2 helms at once you're referring to was when I looted one at the same time as someone else? :cool: That was the first time that clover hat did anything for me. XD)

I love the armor nerf on the small mobs. It makes them less grindy but no less dangerous. Exactly what the game needed. They're not what made the caves interesting anyway.

I'm actually kind of neutral about the lack of witches and the reduced number of bosses. I'm normally not in favor of updates that make bosses easier, but I just can't deny that I had a ton of fun today. :D Maybe it's because the witches were always more ridiculously hard than strategic. How do you protect against an Aoe attack that just kills you? It takes more luck than cleverness. So I'm not terribly sad to see them go, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them back in a milder form, or seeing more clumps of several bosses at once but without the witches. It was fun to have to kite both Vyx and a djinn at the end of that map, but the parts with just one djinn in a room were a bit routine - although still fun because the djinn and mobs are dangerous enough to be able to kill you if you're not careful.

I like the drop rate. Yes I realize there are good arguments against it. I still like it. Maybe it's because I care more about farming than merching these days, and Caves have just become a fun place to farm.

I always thought Caves should have a drop rate similar to Frozen Nightmares to make them fun to farm for months to come, and I think that's what it's close to now. I hope the new drop rate will also apply to other Cave drops like armor etc, if it hasn't already. It's going to keep the place worth farming now that 50 is no longer the cap and people will only use the gear for 5 levels.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep, Kalielle, we both got the helm at the same time ;)
I like my white hair now. Means I have to play pally for a while till I get bored of the look lol.

Physiologic
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I'll buy a helm for 100k to any helm farmers.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM

Just come farm with us!

FluffNStuff
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Bears are not only needed there, but are fun!

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Bears are not only needed there, but are fun!

Agreed, but I still won't play my bear :p

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Agreed, but I still won't play my bear :p

on the count that he's nekiddddd

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM

looks like theyre about to sky rocket! my brother just sent me an angry text saying they messed with his spawn rates lmao

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
edit your post. dont get all angry on the forums its NOT a good look

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
they nerfed it lol

modredd
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
The same thing happened when the shadow caves were first created.
It was raining pinks for about a day and a half, personally everytime this happens I enjoy it.
I did win one of those helms and I didn't even want it among wining other shadow gear.
But it is now back to normal and will be near to impossible to get
:eek:

modredd
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Glitches like that are the reason I'm able to be financially stable in the game and not spend my real money.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol glad I got my one helm. I'm sure some people stockpiled them like last time.

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Awesome. I bought up a bunch when they were like 200k.

spookytooth
04-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Same i bought a few the instant the patch message came up on screen. most i paid was like 350 for the highest one. I had to get in on that action :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
i have 4 not that much but i think im set for about 1.5-2 mil out of that