PDA

View Full Version : The REAL veteran reward

Slush
04-19-2011, 03:08 AM
So, a lot of people including myself were disappointed with the veteran helm requirements. So it got me thinking, that STS give us legit veterans a special reward. And that special reward is an invitation to the Blackstar Beta! Thoughts? Can I get a word from the devs on this?

icantgetkills
04-19-2011, 03:12 AM
march joining ftw... :D i was there when level 30 was released :D also i would love a veteran reward :) and a remake of the sewer gear -______- nty D:

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Just cause you were there two monthes b4 me-.-

Lol...
I hope I qualify for the Foundation Helm.

Corpser
04-19-2011, 03:41 AM
jeaze bad idea no no no cause that excludes android users why do u think they changed foundation helm.

Slush
04-19-2011, 03:45 AM
I actually started playing on release day a year ago, but I joined the forums kinda late.

jeaze bad idea no no no cause that excludes android users why do u think they changed foundation helm.

The whole point is that it is for people who started EARLY. Not when the level cap was 50...

Necrobane
04-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Yeah, agreed. For those with andriod, theirs plenty of vanities ect they've had the chances of owning. It's supposed to be for the founders. And the founders are us.

j46g629h
04-19-2011, 08:27 AM
NOTE: As a special thank you to players who have been with us from the very beginning (accounts started from April through June), look for an exclusive “Founders Helm” coming later today. We know we couldn’t have made it so far without the help of our early adopters!

this's what they said and changed again lol

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
I am an Android user and I agree that this item should be reserved to the Apple users that joined very early only. Perhaps make another vanity for the early droid users later on? It seems only fair to have a special reward for those who made this game grow right from the beginning and in those days this game was not on droid and would have never made it to droids if it wasn't for these users.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
yeah i started day 1 with like 5 friends during match class last year and didnt join the forums till like a month or 2 later or maybe longer cant remember but i like stomps idea.. that way both apple and droid users feel like they are wining

Arterra
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I disagree, but not for android.

Thy should include any player that they know will provide good feedback and not those who don't, to quicken the advancement of B*.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
i think they should have different rewards.. because if its a reward helm for being in the game for a long time shouldnt they do it to whoever has benn here since beginning and then give people tha are "helpful" or other stuff rewards. just like if you are helpful dont promote trolling and like help ALOT you can become a Pl gaurdian.. so basically just different rewards for different things to distinguis people but i dont think they should start giving out a lot of rewards because that would ruin the idea.

j46g629h
04-19-2011, 09:25 AM
lol
we are talking about “Founders Helm”
what you are saying is PL, community shield and GOA

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Let's face it, devs will most likely change the requirements to try to make more people happy, defeating the purpose of even having the helm to begin with.

MoarPewPew
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
The real reward is a great gaming experience with an epic community. That my friend is the ultimate reward.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
apple user should get first not android ;)

Plasticuproject
04-19-2011, 09:58 AM

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes, give the ios users the helm so they will STOP CRYING. Give us Android users a FULL ANDROID HELMET that they can never have. Problem solved ;)

IMO, it was the Android users (not all) who are the ones who cried about not being eligible because they weren't here to experience the start of the game. If you remember, the droid users had the chance to win a droid costume when the game hit droid OS, through contests that were pretty hush hush for the iOS users. We are talking about a founders helm for people who have been there from the start and provided valuable feedback and stuck through thick and thin. Someone who came 6 months later isn't a founder, it's as simple as that. The game hit droid OS because it did well enough on the iOS for them to expand. Maybe all that Pauly Shore has made you unable to process that, buuuuuuuuuuddy.

ratava
04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Ah look, I've been here from the "nearly" beginning... and tbh I just like the gesture from the devs to those who were lucky enough to hear about this game and try it out and get hooked playing it and the fact the game has grown so much and is such an awesome mmo "in you pocket". :)

Hats are just a welcome gesture. The real reward will be having both PL and B* to play = because we supported the devs all the way. :)

SoShaan
04-19-2011, 10:40 AM
err.. lets see.. snowlevel:10 swamp:10 pvp:5 pvp5vs5:10 Skelter:10 Ao1:12 elite:10 halloween:10 ao2:20 christmas:10 ctf:10 ao3:20 shadow:?? did shadow cost? cant remember.
10+10+5+10+10+12+10+10+20+10+10+20 countless other upgrades.140+ plat is what long time users paid to support what is now Free for all.
thats why 6month players get nothing, its why android users get nothing. its why free quest should NOT reward any specials.

Barbamitsos
04-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Im takin a helm too hahahahahahahh

err.. lets see.. snowlevel:10 swamp:10 pvp:5 pvp5vs5:10 Skelter:10 Ao1:12 elite:10 halloween:10 ao2:20 christmas:10 ctf:10 ao3:20 shadow:?? did shadow cost? cant remember.
10+10+5+10+10+12+10+10+20+10+10+20 countless other upgrades.140+ plat is what long time users paid to support what is now Free for all.
thats why 6month players get nothing, its why android users get nothing. its why free quest should NOT reward any specials.

maybe... MAYBE... if we weren here the game would have disapeared and they WOULDNT be able to make all those upgrades meaning U WOULDNT be cryin/complaining about this atm

think it this way ;)

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Barb, he is suggesting why only early iOS players should get the helm, i think you misunderstood him, bro-nameth.

Plasticuproject
04-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Barbamitsos
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Barb, he is suggesting why only early iOS players should get the helm, i think you misunderstood him, bro-nameth.

bearded.... If it wasn for us.... Anyways. He shouldn cry like that about it. We deserve one when he thinks he does ( no offense )
if he want to cry about it he could just possibly get a Mage Bubble ...
Ik what he is sayin and I dont beleive the date should have been changed anyways. April-June was perfect

Lol. I was AGREEING that you guys should get the helm exclusively and us Android users who started year 1 A.D. should get something too, silly. I just think whining about this is asinine. The GCD, a nerf or something that affects game play I can understand, but this? Yes we had the costume contest, which most of us didn't win, but you had SIX MONTHS of game that we couldn't have. Maybe they should get rid of the helm and give you guys a Justin Long helmet instead? How about saying "Hey guys, thanks for joining us a soon as you could, glad you could make it. Mi casa su casa.", instead of crying because you have to share your toys :)

i agree that droid users joinin the first week should get somethin too but not all people who joined 6 months after the release get that what they dont deserve...
u could get a droid helm writin PL on it

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 11:07 AM
bearded.... If it wasn for us.... Anyways. He shouldn cry like that about it. We deserve one when he thinks he does ( no offense )
if he want to cry about it he could just possibly get a Mage Bubble ...
Ik what he is sayin and I dont beleive the date should have been changed anyways. April-June was perfect

Barb he is agreeing with us man, I think you just read his comment wrong. (or maybe I did)

Lol. I was AGREEING that you guys should get the helm exclusively and us Android users who started year 1 A.D. should get something too, silly. I just think whining about this is asinine. The GCD, a nerf or something that affects game play I can understand, but this? Yes we had the costume contest, which most of us didn't win, but you had SIX MONTHS of game that we couldn't have. Maybe they should get rid of the helm and give you guys a Justin Long helmet instead? How about saying "Hey guys, thanks for joining us a soon as you could, glad you could make it. Mi casa su casa.", instead of crying because you have to share your toys :)

You really don't get it, but neither does Pauly Shore, so this makes perfect sense. How do I break this down to you any clearer....OK I got it! That's like calling Obama one of the founding fathers.

Going to watch Bio-dome, see ya later.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 11:10 AM
OK I got it! That's like calling Obama one of the founding fathers.

Some people are actually doing this. ;)

SoShaan
04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
what im saying is that unless you paid full price for each dundgon as there were released. Then you dont fall into the founders list.

if you dont remember deadeyes, or meathead, or lil bill, or swamp trio as the toughest bosses, then you play at a discounted rate.

Barbamitsos
04-19-2011, 11:23 AM
@soshaan:Tell to anyone ingame this: name me 3 balefort bosses, 3 fathom bosses, 3 frozen bosses and 3 swamp bosses without login in and checkin their names...
oops they cant! why? cause they didn/dont care to know em. But they want to be called founders! THAT they helped a game which THEY DONT EVEN KNOW!
for example me and most april users remember all of those bosses as we fought to lvl and get our gear, like our BONE clothes. I remember my first bone cloth... I was so happy to get it...
Now a 55 goes in Mega Maze and farms 10 in 1 day when i tried 1 week to get 1

Plasticuproject
04-19-2011, 11:42 AM

j46g629h
04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
bone armour looks really cool, I still keep the one I bought at that time

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Can you repeat that? It's a little hard to hear you because this crown of persistence covers my years a little ;)
You are so blind with your hatred and spite that YOU do not understand that I am AGREEING with you. They are the founders, GRANTED. I was not here when mages had huge heads, but I was here the week it was first available to me, and I helped shape the game as it has accommodated to us Android users because we are VALUBLE to the community. Without us joining That first month and sticking with it your lovey little game would not have grown to become what it is. We have made a huge impact, same as you, yet You still want to segregate. You want to ignore the impact we have made on YOUR game, and that is mucho selfish of you. Now if you'll excuse me please, Son in Law just came on....

This certainly isn't my game, Encino Man. I'm disagreeing with you on the point you think Droid users should get something too, because of the fact you didn't have the opportunity to play the game at it's early stages. I have no hatred for you, or anyone in this game, it's not that serious. People that started the game a month ago have great suggestions and help the game, but that's not the point here. Phy is an android user and look at all the countless knowledge he has dropped on us. I'm not discrediting ANYONE for their valuable input.

Lol @ Son-in-law though.

Plasticuproject
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
No big deal, people get fired up here on the forums, I've been called worse.

I wouldn't call this segregation, more so acknowledgment for players who have been around for a while. This is posted in another thread by an oldie, and very well put.

I'm kind of sorry to see the devs cave in to the whiners on this one. "But it's not fair!" cry the Android users. So what? Life isn't fair.

I guarantee you if the shoe were on the other foot and the game was first released fro Android, when iPhone users complained that they were "unfairly" left out, they would be labeled as having a false sense of entitlement.

Like it or not, the game first came out for iPhone. It was iPhone users who downloaded it, played it, bought maps and items (first via the store and later through platinum), provided feedback, left reviews in the app store and other places, and recruited friends to join the game. Yes, there were many Android users who signed on when it was first available to them but by and large, the community was built by the iPhone users -- of course, Android users are a welcome and valuable part of this community now, but the simple fact is that PL was already a thriving concern when they came on board. There's just no way around that truth.

Remember, there was a lot of hoopla generated with the launch of Android -- Droid costume, the antennae, and so forth. It's not like this part of the community has been ignored nor were they unwelcome.

Acyer
04-19-2011, 12:18 PM
apple user should get first not android ;)

Umm apple users are droid won't get there's till may 18th if you created a account at droid release which was. Nov 18th.

noneo
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I think beta testers (if they even allow said beta testing) should be left to individuals who show maturity, and analytical game play. It doesn't matter how long you have been here; if a person joined on day one, did beta testing, and all they said was "it's stupid!!1" then that would be a total waste. Whereas an individual could have joined within a month and shown great improvement, and leaves great feedback, would be a far better choice.

The date you downloaded the game should have nothing to do with who gets to beta test.

Beta testers should be selected individually by the devs, and they should choose who will best, and most efficiently, test B*

Plasticuproject
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM

kallima
04-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Moot point. I am Android gen and have used over 300+ plat. Plat purchase or usage should not be considered as a factor. Let's also remember to subtract out all the Free plat obtained via Tapjoy, if they were calculated into your 140+plat total.
Using this as a determination undermines the quality and dedication of any PL player, regardless of platform. Someone who has spent 4-6 hours a day playing PL and contributing to forums constructively should not be judged harshly just because they have not purchased as much plat as the next player, nor should they be valued any less, and your post implies both.

Potawto
04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I am an Android user and I agree that this item should be reserved to the Apple users that joined very early only. Perhaps make another vanity for the early droid users later on? It seems only fair to have a special reward for those who made this game grow right from the beginning and in those days this game was not on droid and would have never made it to droids if it wasn't for these users.

+4 Potatoes

superglut2
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Hopefully ill get helm.