PDA

View Full Version : Some feedback on a few of the latest changes.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
After playing a few runs in the Shadow Caves (more dungeon time than I've probably spent in the last three months total), I wanted to comment on a few things.

1. The revive for plat button -- not cool the way it is right now. I feel like I'm being tricked into spending plat. When I get a revive from a teammate, I have to waste some precious time staring at the revive screen to make sure I choose the right revive, and don't end up spending plat or respawning at the entrance. Even when I died as the only mage, I had to be so careful not to spend that plat when I wanted to walk back.
This is not a good way to get money from your players. If we feel tricked into spending plat, we'll lose trust in STS.
One solution I've come up with is: when a Mage offers a revive, that is the only button that you can see/choose. After all, who would purposely choose any of the other option when offered a free revive? Letthe other two option disappear at least when a revive is offered, to avoid mistakes (and less time wasting).

2. Has the GCD been slowed down since the last announced change? It felt slower to me, and I spent most of the time watching my skills instead of my teammates. I was finding it really hard to enjoy playing like this. It felt faster at some point, and I really hope you guys didn't sneak some time back onto it?
Either way, it feels clunky and unnatural. I miss being able to watch the battle and only look at the skills from the former of my eye.

3. Out of three completed vyx runs, 2 dropped one elite helm, and the third dropped two vyx helms. Very odd drop rates indeed.
I still think it would be more fun like the old vyx -- several vyxes spawning on top of you at once, with very low drop rate.

Riccits
04-19-2011, 06:49 AM
1. i would like to deaktivate this type of choice by an option
2. gcd feels way better now since the fist day, and since yesterday it got another little speed up. i can almost play like i always did. its just to practice a bit
3. this remembers me the biggest bug ever on PL...

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Have you noticed how the "accept revive" button is squished between the other two options? I mean COME ON!!

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:19 AM
1. The revive for plat button -- not cool the way it is right now. I feel like I'm being tricked into spending plat. When I get a revive from a teammate, I have to waste some precious time staring at the revive screen to make sure I choose the right revive, and don't end up spending plat or respawning at the entrance. Even when I died as the only mage, I had to be so careful not to spend that plat when I wanted to walk back.
This is not a good way to get money from your players. If we feel tricked into spending plat, we'll lose trust in STS.
One solution I've come up with is: when a Mage offers a revive, that is the only button that you can see/choose. After all, who would purposely choose any of the other option when offered a free revive? Letthe other two option disappear at least when a revive is offered, to avoid mistakes (and less time wasting).

Yes revive for plat is poorly placed on the screen. I completely agree on that.

BeardedBear
04-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I think it will benifit the devs too, because that's less emails with people asking for a refund because they mistakingly chose that. Is there a confirm after choosing that option? (I haven't attempted to click it yet)

Ellyidol
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
I think it will benifit the devs too, because that's less emails with people asking for a refund because they mistakingly chose that. Is there a confirm after choosing that option? (I haven't attempted to click it yet)

Yeah there is, I tried it once just to know.

I died by a grate, used plat to rev, and it killed me again anyway.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM

Yeah, no idea because the only way I'd press that button is by accident.
And even that would waste precious time.
While you're trying to come back to life without wasting plat, your teammates are getting beaten to death.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:26 AM

Don't rev for plat over grates. The code automatically kills you again as a ploy to extract more money from the players!!! LOL New pocket Legend in the making!

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:27 AM

Ouch!!! Maybe they should give us 2 seconds of invulnerability with it heh

I used like 7 plat last night on the caves on this ><

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Ouch!!! Maybe they should give us 2 seconds of invulnerability with it heh

I used like 7 plat last night on the caves on this ><

Ouch. I was the only Mage in a PUG before, and they all waited patiently for me to walk back.
I'm thinking not all groups will be that nice, but I guess they had no choice if they didn't want to spend the plat themselves :p

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Ouch. I was the only Mage in a PUG before, and they all waited patiently for me to walk back.
I'm thinking not all groups will be that nice, but I guess they had no choice if they didn't want to spend the plat themselves :p

I was already booted twice for not revving for plat and slowing the group down. It has begun.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:35 AM
I was already booted twice for not revving for plat and slowing the group down. It has begun.

Ugh... Sooner than I imagined.
Wish Apple would speed up that update so I can avoid PUGs as much as possible.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:38 AM

I was on my bird but we where in the middle of the fight on Vyx and I didn't want for the rest of the team to start the fight again. Glad I did because 3 others died afterwards and I kept kiting till they got back up if not we could have needed to restart the fight all over again.

krazii
04-19-2011, 07:38 AM
1. Agree on Rev, I think having a accept rev only button when offered would be great. Furthermore, I'd support a "auto rev" option where you are allowed to automatically accept a rev if offered. Would speed up gameplay.

2. GCD still feels chunky. I appreciate Dev's attempts to fix it, but it's still very distracting and I can't get used to the right side of my screen continually blinking. Also, it feels like a race to press my skills, especially the buffs. I'd propose the following (since they aren't going to remove GCD):
- Make buffs last at least twice as long
- Somehow disable the GCD visual effect, it's very distracting (and annoying)
- Reduce GCD a bit more, it still feels a bit too long.

3. Vyx drop rates are peculiar, I'm guessing an adjustment will be in the works very shortly.

Kraz

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:41 AM
I was on my bird but we where in the middle of the fight on Vyx and I didn't want for the rest of the team to start the fight again. Glad I did because 3 others died afterwards and I kept kiting till they got back up if not we could have needed to restart the fight all over again.

I guess this is where it could become an issue. You may feel that plat is worth spending to save a bit of time. I do not. So what happens when two people with different opinions get stuck in the same game? (I guess Stomp just told us.)

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 07:43 AM
1. Agree on Rev, I think having a accept rev only button when offered would be great. Furthermore, I'd support a "auto rev" option where you are allowed to automatically accept a rev if offered. Would speed up gameplay.

2. GCD still feels chunky. I appreciate Dev's attempts to fix it, but it's still very distracting and I can't get used to the right side of my screen continually blinking. Also, it feels like a race to press my skills, especially the buffs. I'd propose the following (since they aren't going to remove GCD):
- Make buffs last at least twice as long
- Somehow disable the GCD visual effect, it's very distracting (and annoying)
- Reduce GCD a bit more, it still feels a bit too long.

3. Vyx drop rates are peculiar, I'm guessing an adjustment will be in the works very shortly.

Kraz

YES!! Even better! Auto revive! I never understood why we need to accept a revive in the first place -- it's not like you need to accept healing or buffs. Who's going to refuse a revive when offered??? At least make it an option in settings for those who wouldn't want auto-revive.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
I guess this is where it could become an issue. You may feel that plat is worth spending to save a bit of time. I do not. So what happens when two people with different opinions get stuck in the same game? (I guess Stomp just told us.)

Well at least for me it depends on the group, if I see people that will rev with plat to keep the group from a wipe I would use it and last night was just like that. If I see the group doesn't want to I wont hold it against them, but I wont rev with plat in that case. Also the only time I've had to use it was in shadow caves because on BS we rarely die and much less wipe, unless a trigger happy player hits aoe the drains ><

I tried pugs after the GCD update and I will keep my regular group or just farm plasma but I won't do pugs again, unless its forest heaven.

superss
04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
YES!! Even better! Auto revive! I never understood why we need to accept a revive in the first place -- it's not like you need to accept healing or buffs. Who's going to refuse a revive when offered??? At least make it an option in settings for those who wouldn't want auto-revive.

yes!!! perfect.

cynic
04-19-2011, 07:51 AM

this is really a great idea !!!! auto revive good thinking

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Auto rev is the way to go! (but not auto rev for plat!!! Before someone gets the idea.)

Echelong
04-19-2011, 07:58 AM

Auto Revive would be great except when you die on a fire trap. If you auto revive you could get killed as fast as you spawn. Even watching the crates you can get killed and with auto revive it could be more common. Its still a good idea. There is a confirmation in case you pressed it by mistake in case some didn't knew. I found this yesterday.

Another idea on this could be that the revive for plat option could be removed if you get a revive from a player.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Auto Revive would be great except when you die on a fire trap. If you auto revive you could get killed as fast as you spawn. Even watching the crates you can get killed and with auto revive it could be more common. Its still a good idea. There is a confirmation in case you pressed it by mistake in case some didn't knew. I found this yesterday.

Another idea on this could be that the revive for plat option could be removed if you get a revive from a player.

Yeah I mentioned the other buttons being removed in my first post ;)

As for auto-rev, we're talking about revs from mages, not plat-revs. If you get a rev from a Mage, most people accept it right away -- they don't try and time it, bc it doesn't matter -- you need to be alive to help your teammates. Why lie there when a Mage just revved you?

Tamino
04-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Try to Auto Revive on a grate, or in the middle of a GoldFever epidemy. Player shall be able to time the revive instant.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I'd really like to know if there are any plans to change the revive screen. Sandwiching the "accept revive" button between the respawn and plat-rev buttons is just the worst possible layout I can imagine (ok, I guess you could also make it 1/4 the size of he other two -- although the plat part is pretty darn big right now).

Please make them either noticeably different (colors, size, whatever), only show "accept revive" when it's offered, and not the others. Or whatever other idea you can come up with. But please do SOMETHING.

Physiologic
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
The biggest issue with auto-revive = you die in the middle of Caves, or a grate, or at Gold Fever, and you get slaughtered again immediately after rev'd by mobs/bosses, by the fire grate again, and boomed again with Fever. I'm very unenthusiastic about trusting a mage revving me at the absolute worst times possible...

Echelong
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
The biggest issue with auto-revive = you die in the middle of Caves, or a grate, or at Gold Fever, and you get slaughtered again immediately after rev'd by mobs/bosses, by the fire grate again, and boomed again with Fever. I'm very unenthusiastic about trusting a mage revving me at the absolute worst times possible...

It could be fun for some to get revenge. Just hit the crate kill them and revive them before the crate explodes *insert evil laugh here*

LADYHADASSA
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Auto rev would be helpful in some ways, countles times i have rezed a player in a mob who just lays there, thinking they did not get the rez such as by grates i go back and rez again this time standing on the falken one... They still lay there...then in a flash the gartes kill the mage... If our rez actualy hit the same span it does in the main rooms rezes would be reliable, now with gcd, i have had to make a choice at times rez a player who does more floor time than a penticostal preacher, or throw a skill that helpsmthe rest of team... All while reading rez! Rez! Rez! Sigh...

The plat purchase button i hit several times the other night when wanting to respawn in game being in a hurry i just hit the yes button for speed of time, at this point i felt as if i did not have a choice.

Whay is rez for plat in a diffrent area from elixers? It seems this should be in the elixers allowing players more choice... Just a thought..

On another point about rez... Is anyone else experiencing casting this skill and having players not "get the rez"? I am speaking aboutnstanding next to the player...This has happened several times with low ping rate.. Just curious if this is a bug or is this normal and i never noticed?

Yoshura
04-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Don't rev for plat over grates. The code automatically kills you again as a ploy to extract more money from the players!!! LOL New pocket Legend in the making! I seriously believe this, the grates seem to some how hit me from a longer distance now at times and I know for sure it never use to happen before. Maybe I am just paranoid lol.