PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] - Playing AL on PC if Chrome not working.

kona
06-23-2015, 03:14 AM
Hello! This guide is for those who are not able to play game on Chrome.

First of all, its not due to game,its due to chrome.After chrome 35 they have made some changes to WebGL so many applications do not work(it will work when they whitelist ur OS and GPU). Follow this guide and i hope u will have similar gameplay as before :)

What u need:

1)A PC(ofcourse, i m not joking)
Minimum requiremnts: I dont have any information on this. i'll update if i find any
2)Android emulator
3) Android/IOS device (optional as remote keyboard)

How to install Android Emulator [I m using Droid4x and recommend this :) ]

About Droid4x

Droid4x is an Android virtual machine/simulator that runs as a guest operating system on your PC or your Mac.
It is a full, working Android operating system with networking (wi-fi), Google Play Store, and functional apps.
You can play games, install apps, configure settings, test your apps, navigate the system, and anything else you can do with an Android device.

Click the link below for setup file.
http://dl.haima.me/download/DXDown/win/Z001/Droid4XInstaller.exe

When u open setup, it will download files required and when done, u can open the application.
Login with ur google email and setup is done.
In setting u can modify resolution as per ur need(top right side)
You can set the screen to landscape or portrait .

Installing AL on emulator

1)In emulator click on app store,this should open play store. Search AL and click INSTALL
2)if it works, no problem .Else if its only showing loading thingy then follow following steps .
3)In ur phone,make backup of AL application(apk) .To do this, u can use Cleanmaster's app manager or any backup application.
4) Copy AL apk to ur PC. Now in ur emulator, at the top right hand side there is a ? mark... see the symbol to its left? click it :)
5)Now in the window that opened click apk install and browse to ur apk file. It will install fast. Now open game :)
6) rest are all same steps like on mobile..let me skip those.oh forgot to mention...install google play to login with google ID.it would prompt anyways :)

Configuring Emulator to work like touch screen:

I have attached screenshoots to make it easy :)

Configuring keyboard keys

Movement Controls

Action and skill buttons

We are done :)

Click Save..the settings will remain same till u reset them or change them.

Using Android/IOS device as remote control:

You download the controller and remotely control the virtual machine on your computer screen.
Download the controller app from the droid4x.com (http://droid4x.com) home page or by selecting the joystick icon in the bottom
If you use the Droid4x screen, a QR code appears at the top, center of the Droid4x virtual machine screen.
Using the controller can be a little slow at first and the screens look a bit blurry when you first connect, but they clear up and then you can work without issue

Note: u cannot use keys set for action in chat..to use them disable keyboard controls with "ctrl + m" then use chat..and enable again with "ctrl + m"
Note: This application uses pre-installed VM-ware virtual box..so if use virtual box or install it later, it may cause stability issues.

Installing Test Server on Emulator

Download test server apk here :
account.spacetimestudios.com/download/ArcaneLegendsTest.apk (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/ArcaneLegendsTest.apk)

For installing, to the top right side on emulator there is a '?' mark followed by config icon.Click config icon and choose apk.
Browse to test server apk file and click install/open. After installation open test server AL app.
after its done downloading all it's patches u can play :)
In case u use google ID to play on AL then click login with email/signup with email(create new account).

Hope this works for you :)

Other emulators are :
Bluestacks,Genymotion,Andyroid,Windroy,etc . U can try them but they are not good for gaming

kona
06-23-2015, 03:16 AM
[23-06-15] - Made guide
[24-06-15] - Added instructions for test server
[25-06-15] - Added information about resolution settings and external remote control

kinzmet
06-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Nice guide!

I tried playing on Bluestacks but it slows down as the day passes by. Is this also an issue on this emulator?

Newcomx
06-23-2015, 09:19 PM
You should put minimum requirements for this emulator. Some PC or laptop cannot run AL on chrome due to low graphic.

kona
06-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Nice guide!

I tried playing on Bluestacks but it slows down as the day passes by. Is this also an issue on this emulator?

well i havent played long hours but i find droid4x more stable than bluestack

kona
06-24-2015, 12:32 AM
You should put minimum requirements for this emulator. Some PC or laptop cannot run AL on chrome due to low graphic.

i m waiting for developer's reply...ill update when i have it

Aprove
06-24-2015, 12:52 AM
This is great!!
We PC Users can play Test server now [?].
Thank you.

kona
06-24-2015, 03:57 AM
This is great!!
We PC Users can play Test server now [?].
Thank you.
didn't think about test server when making this and yes! you can play test server too ...let me edit the guide more

Kakashis
06-24-2015, 08:08 PM
nice, my chrome still works, but the day might come and it may stop working and i'll need this. Bluestacks is laggy

Sakurahb
06-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Awesome guide! !! I used to play on PC but then it stopped working :/ tried many things to make it work but never found out the right thing ,I will for sure do what you explained here.

Thanks a lot .

gumball3000
06-25-2015, 09:00 AM
All you have to do is install an older version of chrome and al will work again, this solution is really bad.

vawaid
06-25-2015, 10:26 AM
my guide:
1. uninstall new chrome
2. stopping auto update
3. install chrome 31
4. enjoy old chrome with no auto update

but it will be great for playing upcoming Call of Champions :D

Ctrl + D

octavos
06-25-2015, 10:39 AM
My chrome has stopped working now after having AL and other sts games for a long time on my PC. my graphics are now adequate. I now have to resort to having to use this. I would like to still use chrome, but I am not buying a new machine. So hopefully this works so I can play again on my PC. I'll edit this post and tell you how this tuns out..cant wait.

:ghost:

kona
06-25-2015, 10:19 PM
All you have to do is install an older version of chrome and al will work again, this solution is really bad.

my guide:
1. uninstall new chrome
2. stopping auto update
3. install chrome 31
4. enjoy old chrome with no auto update

but it will be great for playing upcoming Call of Champions :D

Ctrl + D

Yes i have tried that too..let me show u screenshots

I used to play game without any problem before...never had to check anything

intizamfamily888
06-28-2015, 09:24 AM
How to type @ symbol on that emulator. Im using german qwertz keyboard

kona
07-01-2015, 09:44 PM
How to type @ symbol on that emulator. Im using german qwertz keyboard

hello sorry for late reply....i dont have qwertz keyboard to test but "AltGr + Q" should do the job..lf no,then use any text editor on ur computer and copy that and paste in emulator when needed

kona
07-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Tested new client on emulator...working fine :encouragement:

intizamfamily888
07-02-2015, 04:33 AM
hello sorry for late reply....i dont have qwertz keyboard to test but "AltGr + Q" should do the job..lf no,then use any text editor on ur computer and copy that and paste in emulator when needed

Tested new client on emulator...working fine :encouragement:
Thx for ur reply, i will test it again:) otherwise just copy paste:) thank god AL allows to paste something