PDA

View Full Version : Beating a dead horse on elixir change on economy

pokerking2121
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Really hoping elixirs are converted back to gold. Honestly I can't really see this working financial for STS anyway. I always thought that the developers saw the elixirs as a tool of controlling the games money supply. Basic economics--> larger supply of fixed currency creates rapid inflation :(. Get ready for a skyrocket in prices on gear. It's funny how fast people are forgetting their dislike of the gcd lol

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 08:22 AM
gcd wasent that bad some stuff like the elixars being plat i find clompletlty weird

pokerking2121
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
My opinion is that their gonna be alot of ramifications from this. I don't know I see that the devs are obviously trying to create a unique and smoother game experience, but alot of the recent changes really are making me feel like their asleep at the wheel. Honestly im just gonna play more casual then I was, so I don't feel like such a malcontent about the changes.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 08:38 AM
im gunna be playing more just to stay on track cause i kinda slacked off recently

TEPTEP
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
The "main spine" or whatever is now free.. what else they got left? Since people want to level faster (especially now, with higher level dungeons locked) elixirs are now the only way for STS to earn cash.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
They are opting for a steady income flow instead of a partial one where you bought the maps and then nothing more. If elixirs are fair enough on price and persistent after death like they suggested I will buy them.

As for GCD I really like how it is now even a lot more than before GCD was introduced.

pokerking2121
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Tep come on STS is doing just fine alone on auctions slots, rings, vanity, and expansions. You honestly just sound nieve in your response to their mistakes. And with their emergence in other markets like android, STS is doing just fine. They want to expand their profits, do it the correct way by producing new content which drives profits instead of tinkering with a stable and expanding market

Echelong
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Tep come on STS is doing just fine alone on auctions slots, rings, vanity, and expansions. You honestly just sound nieve in your response to their mistakes. And with their emergence in other markets like android, STS is doing just fine. They want to expand their profits, do it the correct way by producing new content which drives profits instead of tinkering with a stable and expanding market

Keep in mind that a lot of the new players would play for a week reach the level cap of 13 or 18 and then wouldn't play again and delete the app unless they paid plat. Now they can play till 56 get immersed in the game and will eventually buy platinum for something.

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 10:05 AM
You don't need elixirs to farm sewers or anywhere else for that matter. Prices won't skyrocket.

neko
04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Keep in mind that a lot of the new players would play for a week reach the level cap of 13 or 18 and then wouldn't play again and delete the app unless they paid plat. Now they can play till 56 get immersed in the game and will eventually buy platinum for something.

I agree with releasing the past maps for free, except for Balefort Sewers. Allowing the new generation of players to level up to 50 should be sufficient to get them hooked. Once they're already that far committed into the campaign/cause, let the Devs make some additional revenue from their journey to 56 and the awesome Level 55 pinks that they can only get in the Sewers. That's just my opinion.

FluffNStuff
04-19-2011, 11:10 AM
The all maps free was a concession the Developers made to be able to limit maps to appropriate levels. This was something that was called for constantly on the forums, and they gave us what we asked for. Consider if they limited levels and did not make all maps free. There would be a deafening outcry from the players that purchased just the later maps and had not leveled that far yet. They would be stuck in limbo, as they would not be able to play the map they paid for, and would have no way to increase their level to be able to play that map. So it would look like STS is charging them extra for the opportunity to play something they have already paid for. So before you complain, consider that they took a serious hit to be able give the players what they wanted, which is an end to power leveling.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 11:17 AM
The all maps free was a concession the Developers made to be able to limit maps to appropriate levels. This was something that was called for constantly on the forums, and they gave us what we asked for. Consider if they limited levels and did not make all maps free. There would be a deafening outcry from the players that purchased just the later maps and had not leveled that far yet. They would be stuck in limbo, as they would not be able to play the map they paid for, and would have no way to increase their level to be able to play that map. So it would look like STS is charging them extra for the opportunity to play something they have already paid for. So before you complain, consider that they took a serious hit to be able give the players what they wanted, which is an end to power leveling.

Umm... What about not letting them buy the maps until they're the appropriate level for it?
There are many solutions to a problem, and many were offered. Including limiting xp to players in a map above their appropriate level. That makes the most sense to most people, since the game is already like that in the other direction.

If people were only allowed to purchase a map at the right level for them, it would cut down on powerlevellers, while allowing people such as Kalielle to still enjoy higher level maps with her twinks.
The no (or low) xp would have the same effect, bc people going there for a real challenge wouldn't care about xp.

So many solutions offered, yet this is what they chose.

Edit: And seems like the opposite to me. They made the maps free, and therefore had to limit the legal access. Otherwise, higher lvl maps would be flooded with low lvls.