PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Devs

SoShaan
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
what is the thinking behind the sewer income and drop rates? I went from lv50-55(nopots needed) and caught exactly 1 pink. I saw prob less than 30 pinks total drop.

Not only has this made leveling to 56 THE only reason to play. It has for me personally made the game play BORING. Why no V lap/boss braw type level for sewer? i cant even afford to buy equip at the income i get.

has PLDev been so hungup with the complaints from a handful of players, that you have forgotton that the % of non complaints is a reason not to change.

Why the cooldown timers to deduce lag when all thata needed is to reduce bird dps, reduce mage spell special effects. lag solved.

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Next time make the title correspond to the actual point of the thread

Arterra
04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't want to see the spell effects nerfed D: would make he game even more boring.
Also, if you reduce bird dps, what will its point be exactly?

While I agree that the sewers should do something money/drop wise, such as have liquifiable drops from mobs to cover some costs or get us income, making he pinks easy to get is not the answer. If you have seen 30 pinks and only gotten one, that really is just luck and not the drop rates.

MAlandM
04-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Is anyone else here not understanding what this thread is about??? O_o

Moogerfooger
04-19-2011, 11:05 AM
He has it posted in the right section and is trying to get a point to the devs. English is not everyone's first language/strong point. Lighten up.

Thanks to Arterra for not being a smartaleck and actually trying to see what he was saying.

Seminole
04-19-2011, 11:10 AM
He has it posted in the right section and is trying to get a point to the devs. English is not everyone's first language/strong point. Lighten up.

Thanks to Arterra for not being a smartaleck and actually trying to see what he was saying.

Well said moog

Arterra
04-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Is anyone else here not understanding what this thread is about??? O_o

Looks to me like he knows enough English, just that he is not a good typer in it, like he was typing from a itouch in portrait mode. I can't use a PC, so I'm stuck using itouch on landscape, so sometimes I get similar errors (though I make a effort not to)

Edit: just corrected 2 words :)

Ayrilana
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
They'll likely make a VL-type map when they release the quests that require you to farm the bosses like you did for cyber sets. That's what I'm assuming the four missing quests will be but then you never know.

drewcapu
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
I actually like how BS is currently. There's nothing wrong with rare pinks. The beauty of BS is that you don't even need the pinks to be successful. Many of the other rarity "sets" are useful. I also prefer the way mobs don't drop items, but the mini-bosses "sometimes" do. It's a welcome change from AO3 where you spend half the time liquidating things you don't need anyways. With elixirs currently plat only, there goes much of the gold expenses for a lot of people. Thus, gold will accumulate. So, I don't see gold being that big of a deal. It may cause inflation for some of the higher priced items. But maybe not. It's still supply and demand. If people aren't willing to pay ridiculous prices, people won't be able to sell them at ridiculous prices. I don't see BS pinks prices really going up by a tremendous amount unless they actually make the drop rates *worse*. People will still be farming, so there will be a constant supply.

SoShaan
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I speak english just fine dic . Let me make sure Im speaking to you clearly mr.PL forum grammer checker. Get a job!

Nothing wrong with rare pinks, unless they are this rare.
The point of reducing the dps is because one doesnt need dps if they can run away while attacking.
The point about reducing the mage SFX is because id rather combo than have spells look cool.

btw, did you guys miss the part about me asking the Devs. not players

MoarPewPew
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Why make an open letter post at all if you don't want players to reply?

Just send a PM to a dev.

And please be nice.

Thanks.

I was going to say the same thing.

Ladylove
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I was going to say the same thing.

Me too lol.

MoarPewPew
04-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Me too lol.

+10 Pew Points

Sharisiggies
04-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Me too lol.

Me 3 <3

Don't get it...

Ladylove
04-22-2011, 12:58 PM
+10 Pew Points

Woot! I see your pew points and raise you 10 charm.

Arterra
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I speak english just fine dic . Let me make sure Im speaking to you clearly mr.PL forum grammer checker. Get a job!

The point of reducing the dps is because one doesnt need dps if they can run away while attacking.
The point about reducing the mage SFX is because id rather combo than have spells look cool.

lololol you dont make a forum post asking these things, the whle point of a forum is to create discussion within a community... email/pm if you want a closed letter.

THE WHOLE POINT OF SUPER RARE PINKS is to make you actually USE lower rarity items, make you WORK for them. up till now, you would not catch a good player dead with oranges unless they just spent their life savings on another character.

Yes, birds and mages can kite, probably indefinitely if they are good. but there are ranged mobs too, and frankly there is still no point to a class that has low armor AND low damage. bears can stun, that is their method of evading damage. kiting is just a more active method of damage evasion, consider it a tactic. i feel bad for people who stand still in the middle of a battlefield shooting 360 degrees. good players in all shootemups can kill on the move.

and if you want easy to use but not too intensive skills/battle, get a browser based text mmorpg. This is Pocket legends, and the gameplay is both intense and cartoony. a 3D MMO should not have to sacrifice their graphics too much.

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Next time make the title correspond to the actual point of the thread

Yea no kidding

spookytooth
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM

reduce dps because one doesnt need it if they can run away while attacking..? I dont get it

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM
If u need money farm ao2 pp lol

And the GCD is cool stop flame it..

Zeusofire
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Ive had 2 instances within the past 2 or 3 weeks in the sewers where i got pinks. It started two or three weeks ago in the Stronghold, I played about three rounds and out of the blue got MM gemstone bracer. Then, Two days ago i was trying to farm vyxnaar in the Shadow caves and only got a few Shadow helms, Then I gave up and did stronghold again, hoping for a pink, then on my third or fourth run, I got ANOTHER MM gemstone bracer. 2 bracers in 6 runs is impressive, I dont know how i got so lucky though, These are the only two pinks i have ever got from the Sewers.

Sharisiggies
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
And the bracer is a much coveted item... Usually get roach helms

martokro
04-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I lvl'ed my bear from 53-55 without getting any sewer pinks at all. In all my 4 characters ... The others are archer lvl 55, mage lvl 54 and archer lvl53 ... Ive got 5 sewer pinks total so far ... not using elixirs unless for doing hidden map bosses, usually alone ... I wonder if my last archer will be able to kill dr. Noxious for quest when it is not possible for me to buy elixir ... Ive already bought and spend way too much platinum!

In sewer run I am mostly getting 1-2 orange head gear that is practically impossible to sell in the auction and only liquidate for 48 gold per item
... i.e. I often spend more in health and mana points per run (archer), than I can gain income to pay for, despite I buy the health and mana cheapest at Ellies ... At times I ran out of gold and had to do lots of low lvl .. No XP gain .. Runs to get gold enough to buy mana and health to be able to do sewer runs for XP.

The problem is that the only place to gain XP after lvl53 is in the sewers and there is very long and BORING way to reach lvl56 ...

It will take me months of no XP gaining hard and boring work to earn like a million for buying the best lvl 55 equipment ...

The new AO quests forced me to go below XP gain to complete all these, earning gold enough to last for some time, but my stash and inventories are now full of low lvl pinks, purples plus orange sewer gear that is not selling fast enough in auction even despite low prices under 1000 gold (where 11 hours listing in auction cost about 25% .. 256 gold or around ... ).

Just running the sewer maps for XP is so boring that I may give up lvl my 4 characters up to 56 ...

Wolfling
04-24-2011, 11:38 AM
i completely agree with you.

luckily for me i never got as caught up in the obsession with levelling and top gear that so many players get trapped into... i spend a good chunk of my time in pl helping my new ond old friends farm, complete quests, and chat for hours. that is why i started pl in the first place. not to be elite.

funny thing is, that through spending so much time developing good friendships since last april, i have managed to still keep up with, IMO, a very good tank.
and even funnier is the simple fact that i find in pl... ussually ill come across a friend or three that freely give away top level gear.

maybe thats just my view on interraction inside pl, but thats what keeps me coming back to play over and over again. its the friendships i have made that keep me going. the leet gear will come, or not, on its own time :)