PDA

View Full Version : Booting is getting ridiculous

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Im trying to farm lv50 vyxnaar with my lvl 51 archer and i keep getting booted. Almost everytime i join a party when theres only 1 or 2 people, i can booted with reason: to low. Booting a lvl 51 from a lvl 50 campaign because hes "too low" makes no sense.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Agreed.
I stopped trying and waited for friends bc it was so demoralizing being booted from every game when there weren't many games going as is.
Granted, here and there I found a group that let me stay and we had a good run. But 80% of them booted me.
I remember back in ao3 days when everyone wanted in on our games. Sigh.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
They are booting 51s because they find it overly difficult with their 55s, I guess. Doesn't say much for the skills of those doing the booting.

Tiliana
04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I have noticed this alot as well. I haven't been hosting, so instead I have been a sad witness to this. You are welcome to add me as a friend and I will do these runs with you when I am online. Two more mages and a good bear and we will tear those caves up!

NeoQueen
04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I compare the Shadow Caves to Frozen Nightmares. It says the recommended level is one thing, but actually trying to farm at the level is overly difficult. I hate that you keep being booted, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Besides, wouldn't you have to farm with others your level to get the lower drop. I thought drops were scaled to the highest playing level...

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I have noticed this alot as well. I haven't been hosting, so instead I have been a sad witness to this. You are welcome to add me as a friend and I will do these runs with you when I am online. Two more mages and a good bear and we will tear those caves up!

I think I joined a game with you in it, but it broke up before we even started -- some lvl 56's ran away bc there were two lvl 50/51's in the team. And then we had no team left. Good grief.

I also tried starting my own open game, since none of my friends were on, but no one shows up when they see a lvl 51 as host. Crazy.

MoarPewPew
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I got booted at vyx... I'll post the screen of the jerk..

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/Crohner2/8721a58d.jpg

K here's the noob.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I think I joined a game with you in it, but it broke up before we even started -- some lvl 56's ran away bc there were two lvl 50/51's in the team. And then we had no team left. Good grief.

I also tried starting my own open game, since none of my friends were on, but no one shows up when they see a lvl 51 as host. Crazy.

Time to create a good ol fashion revenge boot list. lol

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I compare the Shadow Caves to Frozen Nightmares. It says the recommended level is one thing, but actually trying to farm at the level is overly difficult. I hate that you keep being booted, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Besides, wouldn't you have to farm with others your level to get the lower drop. I thought drops were scaled to the highest playing level...

1. They made caves a LOT easier. Personally, I find it easier than BS.
2. The elite items are all lvl 50, doesn't matter the lvl of the players.
3. I managed to find one or two teams of mostly lvl 50-51 players and we did just as well as the 56's.
4. If you're going to be so picky about who's in your team, make a locked game.

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I would play on my main, but i sold all his gear in case the MM prices would decrease any time soon. Regardless, i am fairly experienced with my archer, better than some of the 55s ive played with. i didnt powerlevel my archer at all. and i barely used elixers, btw. So, this really doesnt make sense.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Moar that is Modredd he boots you if you wear the big luck because he feels it is unfair.

Lesrider

K here's the noob.

FYI, I saw him hosting some open games and I stayed far far away, even though I don't have Big Luck :p

MoarPewPew
I would play on my main, but i sold all his gear in case the MM prices would decrease any time soon. Regardless, i am fairly experienced with my archer, better than some of the 55s ive played with. i didnt powerlevel my archer at all. and i barely used elixers, btw. So, this really doesnt make sense.

Well, this proves that sew gens are noobs for booting us experienced players...

Tiliana
04-19-2011, 02:54 PM

It was hard, but since the update, it is significantly easier and 50+ can run it if they are given the chance to stay. I ran it with some low 50's and we did just fine. Booting is only understandable (in my eyes) if someone is way under level (not a prob anymore), being rude, or if you are waiting for your friends to join. Just my opinion.

Also, only some of the dungeons have scaled armor, Shadow caves is not one of them.

MoarPewPew
Moar that is Modredd he boots you if you wear the big luck because he feels it is unfair.

Wait what?!?!

Major
I've noticed alot of booting lately too. I just figured it's cuz ppl are trying to have private games but the join button not working makes things alot slower. So ppl are not joining as fast. I dunno either way I hate booters that don't have a valid reason.

Lesrider

Not to mention, you get experience in the caves till lvl 53 -- so why in the world would you take your higher lvl chars in there when you can achieve the same end while getting experience on another char?
It's just all so stupid.

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Wait what?!?!

Don't ask me why... I have no idea. But he does.

NeoQueen
04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
3. I managed to find one or two teams of mostly lvl 50-51 players and we did just as well as the 56's.

Ewwwwww....I'm sensing some hostility. Just trying to give my viewpoint as a 55 Mage who has been in those games.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I've noticed alot of booting lately too. I just figured it's cuz ppl are trying to have private games but the join button not working makes things alot slower. So ppl are not joining as fast. I dunno either way I hate booters that don't have a valid reason.

Nah, most of them are giving the reason "low" or "too low" and I watch the game on the join screen and they sit there for at least a few minutes with room in their group.
I've been booted by several long-time forum members like this, but I won't mention their names. I would think they'd know better, though.

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/BlackRyderPL/217496c3.jpg

Thats what i mean^

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, if Black joins your games, just know that I taught my brother well :) he's a burden at home sometimes lol, he's good in game.

Redbridge
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm keen to get on and have a farm later today....

Will be on in 1-2hrs if anyone wants to join a non-booting game.....

Would prefer to play my mage but happen to play any, but all low (bootable) levels...

drewcapu
04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
...highly considering making some games tonight with my L53 bear and booting anybody 55/56

;)

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Well, if Black joins your games, just know that I taught my brother well :) he's a burden at home sometimes lol, he's good in game.

Thanks, bro :)

...highly considering making some games tonight with my L53 bear and booting anybody 55/56

;)

Lol, thats actually a great idea! "Charcoalryder has booted you from game with reason: too high x)" But, i cleared my friends list. too many people that dont play anymore clogging up my list. Can i get your alt's name?

StompArtist
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Guys it's not fair to take it out on higher levels who had nothing to do with this... just sayin'.

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Guys it's not fair to take it out on higher levels who had nothing to do with this... just sayin'.

You're right, not all of the higher levels have done this, but as Lesrider said earlier,

Granted, here and there I found a group that let me stay and we had a good run. But 80% of them booted me..

Arterra
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I wanted to use my 51 bird, but knew I was going to have a hard time finding any games.

modredd
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Here we go again.
First off the gentleman who posted my Booting from my game was standing doing nothing taking phone calls.
I gave him a warning wake up dude, but that's not posted.
I think when the invite button is fixed the booting will go down, personally I'd rather play with my friends and people I know them people that get angry,jealous and bitter
I think when you show images from the game I think it's kind of inflammatory like trolling.
I had people that wanted me to be in a game and they booted 20 people until I arrived.
I don't want this to a turn into another attack on me just create your own games and you won't get booted,
and don't take it as a personal attack
I had somebody boot me yesterday and said I guess you're not "lucky"
That was vindictive because I had booted them before, retaliation but I did not cry about it!
Just chill,it's just a game stop putting screenshots on and move on with your lives
Because when the invite button comes back you people that I don't want to associate with won't be in my games and I won't have to boot you.
Good luck and have fun playing in don't take it too seriously, my personal booting is never done out of anger or any vendettas but I am entitled to do so whether you like it or see fit!
:eek:

Prest87
04-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Too be honest I only get booted when party is full

noneo
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Here we go again.
First off the gentleman who posted my Booting from my game was standing doing nothing taking phone calls.
I think when the invite button is fixed the booting will go down, personally I'd rather play with my friends and people I know them people that get angry,jealous and bitter
I think when you show images from the game I think it's kind of inflammatory like trolling.
I had people that wanted me to be in a game and they booted 20 people until I arrived.
I don't want this to a turn into another attack on me just create your own games and you won't get booted,
That was vindictive because I had booted them before, retaliation but I did not cry about it!
Just chill,it's just a game stop putting screenshots on and move on with your lives
Because when the invite button comes back you people that I don't want to associate with won't be in my games and I won't have to boot you.
Good luck and have fun playing in don't take it too seriously, my personal booting is never done out of anger or any vendettas but I am entitled to do so whether you like it or see fit!

+1

I'm tired of everyone teaming up on mod. Just leave him alone everyone.

I understand it doesn't make much sense for a lvl 51 to get booted from a lvl 50 map, but if it does, move on and find another game. Or, just post on the forums that you want to farm the caves and you will have a team in no time.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM

K here's the noob.

awe it was mod(i love mod) and he probs booted you because he was doing a run with other chars(aka me) .. thats what i do but i dont usually boot i tell them that we are full and if they say "F OFF and SUCK MY DK"(which did hjappen today) then i boot. but if i dont have a groop i usually dont even boot the loweest chars because we were all low lvls one time in our pl career or another.

Moogerfooger
04-19-2011, 05:49 PM
If you guys ever see any of my games, feel free to join.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 05:49 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/BlackRyderPL/217496c3.jpg

Thats what i mean^

i played with you today a couple runs.. :) and your not a bad player you acually play very well like your bro said so i dont see why they would boot you. considering it is your lvl map

LADYHADASSA
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Well all i have a 51 dex as does justbrutal, if you see us in our 56 accounts feel free to join us, if we are running with a team.. We will tell younsorry full team somtims just srry cause we are ata boss or in a mob, we try to make sure that those who run with us stay with us we feel that to be fair.

However we did biot a 51 last night or should i say early morning nit because he was a 51 but because he was not a team player and continued to nerf mao to kill us all over and over...

You oldmschoolmi wouldmfarm with you all in your lvl 30 accouts potted... Why some may ask...because a skilled player potted at lvl 30 is better than many players in 56...

If im not in game com me and for old school remind me you are in alternate lmao some of us suffer from persoanlity disorder as we have soooooo many accounts lol lol lol....

modredd
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I really have tried to curb my booting
And I play with a variety of people now But I have no objections to it Nor do I care if I'm booted!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Well all i have a 51 dex as does justbrutal, if you see us in our 56 accounts feel free to join us, if we are running with a team.. We will tell younsorry full team somtims just srry cause we are ata boss or in a mob, we try to make sure that those who run with us stay with us we feel that to be fair.

However we did biot a 51 last night or should i say early morning nit because he was a 51 but because he was not a team player and continued to nerf mao to kill us all over and over...

You oldmschoolmi wouldmfarm with you all in your lvl 30 accouts potted... Why some may ask...because a skilled player potted at lvl 30 is better than many players in 56...

If im not in game com me and for old school remind me you are in alternate lmao some of us suffer from persoanlity disorder as we have soooooo many accounts lol lol lol....

yeah for lady... those were fun games last night.. 7 am (ALL NIGHTER) aha and yeah as far as i can remember we didnt boot many people if any.. we always asked to leave if they were not part of our made group and if they were not team player we asked before booting..like my example

the guy that told us to F off and suck his wiener..
(this is just not accepted)

other than those two reasons i dont see why people would boot

Redbridge
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Or, just post on the forums that you want to farm the caves and you will have a team in no time.

Just finished work.... I suspect I missed the VYX boat on that one then..... Anyone got a helm going cheap....? LOL

noneo
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Just finished work.... I suspect I missed the VYX boat on that one then..... Anyone got a helm going cheap....? LOL

ya, the devs just (literally an hour or so ago), set the spawn rate of the Vyxnaars back to their original, deathly slow, spawn rate. You can probably still pick one up in game for relatively cheap. I would recommend getting at least one now. They WILL go up since the caves wont drop anymore.

but don't spend more than 500-600k for one. I don't think they will go much higher than that.

Yvonnel
04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Moar, wasn't that the guy booting everyone who wears big luck?

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
i actually found it very fun.. maybe they could have kept the drop rate for one more night lol.. but it was fun and i guess things go normally again

LordEspe
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I really apPreciate the pm from the host saying something to the effect of, sry full or team sry! I leave and join another!! The ones I can't stand are the hosts that boot a minute or too into the game, with "sry full"!! (happened a few times)

Also, I've been booted with my 55(full raid) bird, sparkels and all! To quickly join with my 56 Mage and allowed to stay!! That I don't get, I do so much more damage with my birdie!!!! And there was a Mage already. Oh well what can u do sometimes! :(

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I really apPreciate the pm from the host saying something to the effect of, sry full or team sry! I leave and join another!! The ones I can't stand are the hosts that boot a minute or too into the game, with "sry full"!! (happened a few times)

Also, I've been booted with my 55(full raid) bird, sparkels and all! To quickly join with my 56 Mage and allowed to stay!! That I don't get, I do so much more damage with my birdie!!!! And there was a Mage already. Oh well what can u do sometimes! :(

how much did you make on the hate helm?

LordEspe
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
It's a secret!! :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM
4 mil was an amazing deal lucky to have got it since its not nearly worth that now

LADYHADASSA
04-19-2011, 07:39 PM
yeah for lady... those were fun games last night.. 7 am (ALL NIGHTER) aha and yeah as far as i can remember we didnt boot many people if any.. we always asked to leave if they were not part of our made group and if they were not team player we asked before booting..like my example

the guy that told us to F off and suck his wiener..
(this is just not accepted)

other than those two reasons i dont see why people would boot

Wtbo thank you!!! Yes indeed we did have fun pulling the orange monkey out of hiding and tossing his rearninto a coffin...lol lol... What I LOVE about devs opening drop rates in maps is that players form new friendships many many laughs and jokes, geeze i laughed sonhard last night i dies sevral times due to inability to see my screen threw laughing tears.. Inhad the pleasure of farming with 3 full teams last night, each staying as long as they could handle before falling asleep mid fight, each player in thkse teams got a helm, and some where pink magnets, liek WTBO.... Lol lol lol

Indeed we only booted players duento farming with a team and the many lag biits that occured....

A note.... Somone said they hate the boit a min or two in... Honestley somtimes when you are in a all out fighting brawl with summond mobs peeps can not stop that sec to boot a player somtimes we did not realize we lost a player till the say help i cant get back in i lag booted! So no matter what boits are going to happen take it or leave it... Somtimes i fel so bad about asking other players to go..many are friends and old school players... AGAIN game manners ask the room and wait for a response ... If none ask again... Somtimes comments get lost in translation :)

Otukura
04-19-2011, 08:49 PM

K here's the noob.

Lol... he said that he had reformed and wouldn't do it again when we all flamed him is Parth's thread..

EDIT: DID not see his post... I want to hear Pew's response before judging.

Sigkill
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Here we go again.

You're on my instant boot list.

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
You're on my instant boot list.

Thats pretty deep, you sure?

skavenger216
04-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I try not to boot unless we had a set, full group and we were waiting one a person. I did boot a few people who seem to have listening problems though. When the whole group is saying " wait here, let (insert player) pull" multiple times and you go running in anyways you kind of deserve it though, imo.

Sigkill
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Thats pretty deep, you sure?

Idiotic people like him piss me off, I'll make a Vyx group probably tomorrow. You're welcome to join on your lvl 51, If you would like I might have lvl 51 Oranges I can loan your bird till 55

BlackRyder
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Idiotic people like him @#!*% me off, I'll make a Vyx group probably tomorrow. You're welcome to join on your lvl 51, If you would like I might have lvl 51 Oranges I can loan your bird till 55

I got good enough gear for my mage now, and if i join with my bird, ill be fine with my cyber gear, thank you though :)

skavenger216
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Idiotic people like him piss me off, I'll make a Vyx group probably tomorrow. You're welcome to join on your lvl 51, If you would like I might have lvl 51 Oranges I can loan your bird till 55 mind if I join? I'm a pro bear, and a decent mage, can bring whichever is needed.

razerfingers
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM

K here's the noob.
how is that noobish

modredd
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
So every time you people get upset with someone you come here crying and complaining about a person, you show your screenshots mention them by name.
What is the goal you are trying to achieve? It causes animosity and hatred.
I don't believe this is what the forums were intended for and I dont think its positive nor do I think it's constructive.
Now I have a player verbatim saying I will be booted on site and he's never played with me before?
I think that's vindictive and molicious. my booting practices have never been about hurting people being judgmental worring about the levels,capabilities,aptitudes about a person.
This will be my last comment on the matter!
To the people that stuck up for me thank you I have very loyal friends and I do have people that like me! Many
Those are the opinions I worry about.
Happy birthday pocket legends we share the same birthday I hope you will continue to have a positive experience playing the game.
Best wishes to you wall.
Shawn:D

razerfingers
04-19-2011, 11:01 PM
So every time you people get upset with someone you come here crying and complaining about a person, you show your screenshots mention them by name.
What is the goal you are trying to achieve? It causes animosity and hatred.
I don't believe this is what the forums were intended for and I dont think its positive nor do I think it's constructive.
Now I have a player verbatim saying I will be booted on site and he's never played with me before?
I think that's vindictive and molicious. my booting practices have never been about hurting people being judgmental worring about the levels,capabilities,aptitudes about a person.
This will be my last comment on the matter!
To the people that stuck up for me thank you I have very loyal friends and I do have people that like me! Many
Those are the opinions I worry about.
Happy birthday pocket legends we share the same birthday I hope you will continue to have a positive experience playing the game.
Best wishes to you wall.
Shawn:D
i didnt know you had a forum account lol

karmakali
04-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Lol...my friends don't let me make games much because I am chronically boot-phobic!
However, I do alot of runs with several players who get slammed for booting. Most of the time they are booting in an effort to create a particular type of team or to allow friends to enter. Hopefully the password set option and boot reason being visible to other players will decrease booting overall.

Honestly I think I can count on one hand how many times I have booted...and it has never come from a vengeful place.
SO...if you stumble on one of my games, come on in and play!:)

Beanmachine
04-19-2011, 11:32 PM

K here's the noob.

That is just...low of him-.-

Raulur
04-19-2011, 11:43 PM

Totally agree with number 4. I haven't been to the caves yet, as I'm still in my 40s. I have, however, been booted by level 55s (with less pve kills than my level 46 bird) in areas that I can easily solo. Having a boot function is just a bad idea, and only feeds the "i r leet" egos. If they want to play by themselves or just close friends, they can use a password.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
I think it's perfectly fine to use the boot button -- for a valid reason. Sometimes it's unavoidable and people will just have to deal with it.

But right now, there should be less booting going on considering:
1. REAL LOCKED GAMES. We never had this before. In the past, if we wanted to keep a team together, we had no choice but to boot, bc everyone's friends could get in right past the lock. This is no longer the case, so if you know you have a full team, lock the game. It takes a max of 3 more seconds for each player to input the password, and then you dont have to worry about unwanted guests.
2. Everyone sees the boot message -- would think this would cut down on booting. Actually, I was running with Ricci earlier, and we were expecting one other person to join. We made an open game so we could let two extra people in. Unfortunately, the other friend we were waiting for was taking too long, and the fifth slot kept getting filled. The other two players asked why we kept booting, so we told them. I think it's cool like that, bc if they don't agree with your reason, they could leave. (And like I said, sometimes booting is inevitable, but you can try to avoid it.)

But if you're playing a PUG, looking for others interested in joining, don't be so boot-happy. If people are in the level appropriate map and can contribute just fine, they shouldn't be booted before even being given a chance. Especially if you have more than one spot open still.
And Modredd, I know you hate being called out, but the only reason your name keeps popping up on here is because you've apparently booted a lot of people for stupid reasons and/or with bad timing (like inviting them first). Most people understand if they're booted bc of w full game or other valid reasons. But not because they're wearing a hat you don't like, or after being invited, or being booted at the boss. I'm not saying you're guilty of all of these, but if you are doing these things, that's why people are more upset than if you were just booting to let a friend in.

Riccits
04-20-2011, 12:51 AM
strange... i booted noone yesterday.... ^^
(sorry!!!!!!!)

Ogden
04-20-2011, 02:08 AM
I got booted for being lucky. I was doing AO3 with lvl 50 people and i was lvl 46. They booted me because I got the wraith armor of the void. Why is that? If they would get it I wouldn't mind it, I would even congratulate them. But noo, lets boot someone who is only a few levels lower (but still in the range of AO3) and got lucky for his first time in the game.

kiitz
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Alright, I know everyone here is hating on people who are booting others... so this may be an unwise post, but I have some questions/thoughts.

What do you guys do when your normal group of friends aren't on (or maybe they are tied up in other games, or only have a little bit of time to play) and you are either playing by yourself or with lets say 1 other. You have, lets say 1 tank bear and 1 int mage. You tried to join some other games, but there aren't really many going, and its sort of a pain in the butt to try to find spots for 2 people, so someone hosts a game and you wait for people to come in. Great idea right?

Okay, so now you guys are sitting there, lets say in Roach, and 3 people join.
1. a lvl 55 full str bear with 65% hit
2. a lvl 52 pally (str mage)
3. a lvl 50 mage with a few pieces of cosmos and a few lower level pieces

Now, first thing that comes to my mind is - Ah, crap. This is not going to go well for a number of reasons:
1. Roach is a DPS race boss. He gradually gets stronger and stronger each time he says "Cockroach power!" until he gets so strong he will 1 shot you if you are not kiting him by then.
2. The trash cans respawn. If you don't down him close to when the cans respawn (or at least have him really low) you are going to have a situation where everyone is auto attacking only and it is going to take FOREVER
3. Many lower level people may not have much experience playing these sewer maps. When I first tried Roach, I had no idea what was going on so I blindly kept AOEing.
4. You have just had 3 low DPS people join. A full str bear will be missing a ton of their attacks, Pally's don't hit very hard because they have a large chunk of their stats in str reducing their skill damage, the level 50 mage with some level 45 pieces just isn't in gear that will give him strong offensive stats.
5. LASTLY, you don't have a bird! (or preferably 2x birds!) Without break armor and bird's awesome single target DPS, you are going to be kiting that roach for a long time, and god forbid the other bear stomps the boss right up to your face and he 1 shots you and then proceeds to 1 shot everyone else who just happened to be following along and attacking, or don't really know much about this whole "kiting" thing yet. Next thing you know, its 20 minutes later and you've racked up 10 deaths and you are on retry #5 and then everyone leaves and no one new who joins stays because they just assume the boss is already dead.

All of this flashes in your mind. Do you feel like wasting your next 5-20 minutes, burning more pots than you'd like and racking up a couple deaths, and not kill the boss? Doesn't your finger just automatically get itchy toward the boot button? Maybe kick them and wait for a 55 bird in full raid roach or 2? Maybe a geared mage?

If you tell me you would just leave and create a new game, thats pretty much like booting everyone anyway, since when 2 people leave a lot of time the entire group just disintegrates. If you tell me that you'd actually stay and play it out, then you are either the most selfless individual with Gandhi like patience, or truthfulness is not high up on your list of priorities.

I'll admit it. I'd boot them and wait for new people to join, and I have... The thing is, there are so many people who are 55+ and in good gear now, if you boot a player since they aren't the class you are looking for or some other reason, you get another person joining your game shortly after and often they are 55+ and in good gear.

Also, I am usually not looking just to do 1 run. I'm looking to remake games and play over and over again. If you are a little bit picky in the beginning when forming the initial team that you play with, you are improving the game play for the rest of the chain of games.

Lets say you have 4 strong people and a level 50 str bear joins, and you are already a tank... You can let him stay, maybe you will have to ask him to stop beckoning/stomping while standing in the middle of the room . If you kick him and roll your dice on the next individual, more often than not you get a full dex bird in some mix of sewers/raid roach/custom who you can continue playing with and rmking for the next hour or so... Now, you've just had a great session of playing PL and at the end you've probably added that individual to your friends list, increasing your pool of people you can play with in the future so you can completely avoid this dilemma in the future.

I hope this post doesn't come across as sounding elitest or anything like that. I'm just trying to lay it out as I see it and give some insight into why people (or I) sometimes boot others.

One thing I do want to say about booting though, is that if you do it, you can at least give them a polite message. The people who just scribble something like "dkkvdk" or "." or "e" are just adding insult to injury. I've been booted plenty of times and its understandable. Maybe the group is full, maybe I am the 3rd tank bear to join. If they just put in a simple "Sorry, full" I can move on and find something else without thinking about it twice. Even if its just "I'm sorry" or "sorry", I know it wasn't personal! Again, I can move on. When I just get a string of letters, I feel a little more annoyed and thats when people get sour and come to the boards to rant.

Finally, if you still tell me that you never boot anyone as long as they are in the correct level range. I will just simply have to stalk you with my girlfriend on our two level 50 starter geared, full strength mages (with revive and heal unspecced) until you never make a game without a password ever again!! Just kidding... we do have revive and heal specced. :)

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:26 AM
i got booted at vyx... I'll post the screen of the jerk..

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/crohner2/8721a58d.jpg

k here's the noob.

u were wearing big luck o.o

SUPAPRODIGY
04-20-2011, 03:28 AM
i know people are stupid now adays too much farming in shadows hate set dropped in prices.

MoarPewPew
04-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Here we go again.

But I have an iPod touch....

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 06:15 AM
strange... i booted noone yesterday.... ^^
(sorry!!!!!!!)

I wasn't blaming you -- it was that one game I told you someone was coming, who didn't make it.
Sorry, maybe I should have left your name off here -- I was just pointing out that booting is sometimes unavoidable, but doesn't mean it should be abused.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Alright, I know everyone here is hating on people who are booting others... so this may be an unwise post, but I have some questions/thoughts.

What do you guys do when your normal group of friends aren't on (or maybe they are tied up in other games, or only have a little bit of time to play) and you are either playing by yourself or with lets say 1 other. You have, lets say 1 tank bear and 1 int mage. You tried to join some other games, but there aren't really many going, and its sort of a pain in the butt to try to find spots for 2 people, so someone hosts a game and you wait for people to come in. Great idea right?

Now, first thing that comes to my mind is - Ah, crap. This is not going to go well for a number of reasons:
1. Roach is a DPS race boss. He gradually gets stronger and stronger each time he says "Cockroach power!" until he gets so strong he will 1 shot you if you are not kiting him by then.
2. The trash cans respawn. If you don't down him close to when the cans respawn (or at least have him really low) you are going to have a situation where everyone is auto attacking only and it is going to take FOREVER
3. Many lower level people may not have much experience playing these sewer maps. When I first tried Roach, I had no idea what was going on so I blindly kept AOEing.
4. You have just had 3 low DPS people join. A full str bear will be missing a ton of their attacks, Pally's don't hit very hard because they have a large chunk of their stats in str reducing their skill damage, the level 50 mage with some level 45 pieces just isn't in gear that will give him strong offensive stats.
5. LASTLY, you don't have a bird! (or preferably 2x birds!) Without break armor and bird's awesome single target DPS, you are going to be kiting that roach for a long time, and god forbid the other bear stomps the boss right up to your face and he 1 shots you and then proceeds to 1 shot everyone else who just happened to be following along and attacking, or don't really know much about this whole "kiting" thing yet. Next thing you know, its 20 minutes later and you've racked up 10 deaths and you are on retry #5 and then everyone leaves and no one new who joins stays because they just assume the boss is already dead.

All of this flashes in your mind. Do you feel like wasting your next 5-20 minutes, burning more pots than you'd like and racking up a couple deaths, and not kill the boss? Doesn't your finger just automatically get itchy toward the boot button? Maybe kick them and wait for a 55 bird in full raid roach or 2? Maybe a geared mage?

If you tell me you would just leave and create a new game, thats pretty much like booting everyone anyway, since when 2 people leave a lot of time the entire group just disintegrates. If you tell me that you'd actually stay and play it out, then you are either the most selfless individual with Gandhi like patience, or truthfulness is not high up on your list of priorities.

I'll admit it. I'd boot them and wait for new people to join, and I have... The thing is, there are so many people who are 55+ and in good gear now, if you boot a player since they aren't the class you are looking for or some other reason, you get another person joining your game shortly after and often they are 55+ and in good gear.

Also, I am usually not looking just to do 1 run. I'm looking to remake games and play over and over again. If you are a little bit picky in the beginning when forming the initial team that you play with, you are improving the game play for the rest of the chain of games.

Lets say you have 4 strong people and a level 50 str bear joins, and you are already a tank... You can let him stay, maybe you will have to ask him to stop beckoning/stomping while standing in the middle of the room . If you kick him and roll your dice on the next individual, more often than not you get a full dex bird in some mix of sewers/raid roach/custom who you can continue playing with and rmking for the next hour or so... Now, you've just had a great session of playing PL and at the end you've probably added that individual to your friends list, increasing your pool of people you can play with in the future so you can completely avoid this dilemma in the future.

I hope this post doesn't come across as sounding elitest or anything like that. I'm just trying to lay it out as I see it and give some insight into why people (or I) sometimes boot others.

One thing I do want to say about booting though, is that if you do it, you can at least give them a polite message. The people who just scribble something like "dkkvdk" or "." or "e" are just adding insult to injury. I've been booted plenty of times and its understandable. Maybe the group is full, maybe I am the 3rd tank bear to join. If they just put in a simple "Sorry, full" I can move on and find something else without thinking about it twice. Even if its just "I'm sorry" or "sorry", I know it wasn't personal! Again, I can move on. When I just get a string of letters, I feel a little more annoyed and thats when people get sour and come to the boards to rant.

Finally, if you still tell me that you never boot anyone as long as they are in the correct level range. I will just simply have to stalk you with my girlfriend on our two level 50 starter geared, full strength mages (with revive and heal unspecced) until you never make a game without a password ever again!! Just kidding... we do have revive and heal specced. :)

Simple... Say "Sorry, we need a bird. Do you have one you can switch to?" If they say yes and go get it, you just found yourself a bird because you didn't just automatically boot them. Maybe even a higher level bird because they were leveling their alt. If they say no, you give them a chance to leave before booting. After all, if you're still standing at the front gate waiting to get a full team, why can't you take the extra few seconds to say that? You're not in the middle of fighting.

As for the difference between a lvl 50-51 in lvl 50 elite gear vs a lvl 55-56 in Sewers gear, I would so love someone like Phys to do a proper test to see the difference in time/damage. Or has it already been done?

Riccits
04-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Simple... Say "Sorry, we need a bird. Do you have one you can switch to?" If they say yes and go get it, you just found yourself a bird because you didn't just automatically boot them. Maybe even a higher level bird because they were leveling their alt. If they say no, you give them a chance to leave before booting. After all, if you're still standing at the frog gate waiting to get a full team, why can't you take the extra few seconds to say that? You're not in the middle of fighting.

As for the difference between a lvl 50-51 in lvl 50 elite gear vs a lvl 55-56 in Sewers gear, I would so love someone like Phys to do a proper test to see the difference in time/damage. Or has it already been done?

hey les!
i didnt even notice u wrote about our runs when i posted mine ;) so no worrys!

and yes the sewer gear is much better in theyr specific function, f.e. a bird with RR does huge more dmg than a sentinel one. a tank is much better with a fury set.
instead to AO3 which was possible to play with any kind of classes in a party, in BS u should have at least 1 of each!
and so yesterday we had to stick together a welll team too.
and yes i have boot ppl before to start, i cant play with a team full of mages or birds or worst bears only. the hoster has the job to lead the group and watch for any issues (IMO) and when i let only mages join, the group will be slow or fail, and so i must boot ppl..or telling them i need another class..sorry..
and when L50 mages with mystery gear comes in, i cant let play them in caves, they would always die and pull the whole group down...
worst case is when u wait for a friend, until he joins u have to boot a lot sometimes :/
may the hoster should be able to lock spots..?
i never boot ppl while fighing, when someone is really bad playing i let end the round and dont let him join next game, but its a rare case..

Riccits
04-20-2011, 06:51 AM

cock roach is a good example. when u want to stick together a group u will need at least 2 (better 3) birds with good endgame gear if u dont wanna come in trouble (exept all deal with dmg pots). if u join a team of mages, better leave, u will just loose time..
so as hoster u have to look that u get the minimum of birds, and u have to boot ppl for sure!
btw. PL seems overcrowded of mages actually...

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 06:54 AM

I have finally leveled my bow-bear (pure dex) to 55 yesterday and I seriously question the time/damage validity of those study. I am finding myself having less fun and struggling for survival in RR set. My mix and match of lower gear allows me for high health regen and lets me run point with my bear. What I do is I run relatively far ahead of the party and pull/stomp/hellscream on walls then run while shooting. At that moment the birds/mages/bears can get in and finish off the mobs while I am running towards the next group. This makes for fast furious runs but it does have it's downfalls. I do not want to be constantly pot spamming and the high regen rate allows me to recover while moving. I think that judging a build on gear alone is not sufficient because of the numerous play styles out there. Ah yeah, this style is a complete fail when the group does not adjust to it and all the tanks try to stay in front. LOL

Doubletime
04-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Simple... Say "Sorry, we need a bird. Do you have one you can switch to?" If they say yes and go get it, you just found yourself a bird because you didn't just automatically boot them. Maybe even a higher level bird because they were leveling their alt. If they say no, you give them a chance to leave before booting. After all, if you're still standing at the frog gate waiting to get a full team, why can't you take the extra few seconds to say that? You're not in the middle of fighting.

I agree with Les. Take time to be polite and at least let them know the party is unbalanced or ask about alts.

As to your second question Les, I was in a group and we ran boards in AO3 gear, Mystery gear, Shadow gear (I think someone -- Ellyidol maybe -- was using his AO2 booster gear) and no it didn't effect the time of the run by any real significant amount. Maybe added 30 seconds to the run.

Booting at a boss is a very touchy subject. I understand why Moar would be upset. I know Moar very well and can say he is an excellent player.

Riccits
04-20-2011, 07:08 AM
I have finally leveled my bow-bear (pure dex) to 55 yesterday and I seriously question the time/damage validity of those study. I am finding myself having less fun and struggling for survival in RR set. My mix and match of lower gear allows me for high health regen and lets me run point with my bear. What I do is I run relatively far ahead of the party and pull/stomp/hellscream on walls then run while shooting. At that moment the birds/mages/bears can get in and finish off the mobs while I am running towards the next group. This makes for fast furious runs but it does have it's downfalls. I do not want to be constantly pot spamming and the high regen rate allows me to recover while moving. I think that judging a build on gear alone is not sufficient because of the numerous play styles out there. Ah yeah, this style is a complete fail when the group does not adjust to it and all the tanks try to stay in front. LOL

every 55 setup is ok, even mixed up. and yeah bird are very squishy with the new gear. but it was intentional, so u will need a tank. there was many complains that the tanks wasnt needed anymore and now they have theyr job back.
even the best player cant play right with crap gear, the risk of fails is rising. and good players have good equip! ;)

DaiJue
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Just got booted for not at level 55+ :(

Tamino
04-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I vindicate the host right to boot for any reason. Anyway, I never was booted before BS, then I got booted many times:

- because I am a mage (or a bird)
- because I am not a mage (or a bird)
- because I'm too low level
- because I'm too high level
- because I arrived late
- because of "j"

Maybe a lot of 55/56 are a bit too fussy?

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
I vindicate the host right to boot for any reason. Anyway, I never was booted before BS, then I got booted many times:

- because I arrived late
- because of "j"

j seems to be a good reason. The true reason, I think, for these booting episode is that the host is struggling with the level and feels like you will slow things down because he/she could not do a good run at your level with your gear. ;)

Tamino
04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
j seems to be a good reason. The true reason, I think, for these booting episode is that the host is struggling with the level and feels like you will slow things down because he/she could not do a good run at your level with your gear. ;)

Maybe - but I am only joking here... Now I feel very good to join in PUGs with my 55 mage, but struggling about my 53 bird and (sigh) my 34 bear :rolleyes:

neko
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Just got booted for not at level 55+ :(

I've been booted from a pick up game for BEING a 56! Reason: XP run, ur too high

I figured they were saving a spot for a <56 friend.

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 10:18 AM
I've been booted from a pick up game for BEING a 56! Reason: XP run, ur too high

No, they booted you because you have a pink horseshoe stuck up your booty, and they thought you would stealz their pinkz :rolleyes:

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Ha good point! After my first Vyx run yesterday, I realized that I had reset my skills (since it was free) and had only put one point in each in order to map it out. I did a whole run like that, but the run still went quickly because everyone was throwing combos and doing their job. I don't think we had many deaths either. I don't even know what reminded me that I needed to put points into my skills. But I made sure to right away :P
Anyway, I played with pugs who knew what they were doing and it went fast regardless of level (or my lack of skill points :p), and those that didn't know what they were doing, where everyone was all over the place.

Even the one PUG where I was the only Mage, I managed to stay alive and keep everyone alive up until Vyx & the shadow djinn, at which point I did die and had to walk back. But it's usually a risk having only one mage!

The best runs, of course, were the locked ones with pro friends.
I guess I should ask them if I slowed them down.

DaiJue
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM

Just got booted again! Same reason: 55+

This is Balefort Sewers by the way.

razerfingers
04-20-2011, 11:08 AM
lol bad luck guys??????

Yvonnel
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
No, they booted you because you have a pink horseshoe stuck up your booty, and they thought you would stealz their pinkz :rolleyes:

Pink Horseshoe! ROFL!!!!!

Mooger I'm sigging this.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Just got booted again! Same reason: 55+

This is Balefort Sewers by the way.

That could be lvl51 farming groups booting you.

anglfyr
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
This is hilarious loll lol

- because I arrived late
- because of "j"

red
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
its not that bad, if its really that big of a deal make your own game

Riccits
04-21-2011, 01:02 AM
That could be lvl51 farming groups booting you.

i normaly pm first, but if they dont leave, boot for to high level...sorry...