PDA

View Full Version : A new home for Vyxnaar

FluffNStuff
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
First I would like to start out by saying the Developer that designed the Forbidden Crypt really spoiled us. The combination of different elements really led to an extremely fun board. I would like to propose using that combination to create a new home for Vyx with as little resources as possible. So here is my suggestion:
1) Entrance: A public entrance through a portal in the new Shadow 'Towne'. These could be joined but not hosted.
2) Board: Board could be any of the Shadow caves depending on how many possible Vyxnaars the devs would like to see.
3) Mobs: The common mobs would be the same ones in the caves, though they would be respawning.
4) Bosses: All current bosses, including Shadow Djinns would be replaced by 'a chance for Vyxnaar to spawn there'.
5) Spawn Rate: He would have a random timer based spawn rate similar to the one in the Forbidden Crypt.
6) Regular Pink Drop Rate: Regular pink shadow helms would have a drop rate of 10% of their current shadow cave drop rate.
7) Vyxnaar Helm Drop Rate: 10% of the Vyx shadow helm drop rate, or 1 percent of current shadow cave drop rate. Of course these rates are just toss outs, but the idea is for it to be a rare drop from a common spawn, not a common drop from a rare spawn.

Let me know what you all think.

Arterra
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
If they make a respawning map, make it hooch hat style (or similar)

Having you going around in circles for ages just to find him, and when you do maybe keep the same old drop rate of these last few hours.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I like it, Fluff.
Since you and I were the ones who asked for a lvl 50 Vyx in the first place (I think), we should get some say in how it works, no? ;)

FluffNStuff
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Having you going around in circles for ages just to find him, and when you do maybe keep the same old drop rate of these last few hours.

Idea would have him spawn at the rate of the original Vyx, so finding him, or even 2 or more at once is definitely not a problem. The hard part is killing him enough to get the helm. Oh, that reminds me, he should be a lot harder. I noticed it was easier to kill him then the djinn's.

RedRyder
04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Beautiful idea

noneo
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Or you could have a map with like 50 Vyxnaars that are all roaming around together in a large open room. But then turn the drop rate lower (even lower than the original drop rate of Vyxnaar). That would be an epic battlescene :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
i guess this would be alright..

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Just clone the lvl 25 vyx lair and scale it for lvl 50.
The guy lurking around the Shadow Caves may look like him and may have stolen his name, but he is NOT Vyxnaar.

Echelong
04-19-2011, 06:03 PM

I love this idea making Vyxnaar a vanity item so every class can wear it and maybe have some type of bonus like 10 armor or damage. That would be Kool cause to wear it you would need to respec to str as it is now and it's not really that much better than full hate.

Lesrider
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I love this idea making Vyxnaar a vanity item so every class can wear it and maybe have some type of bonus like 10 armor or damage. That would be Kool cause to wear it you would need to respec to str as it is now and it's not really that much better than full hate.

Not better than full hate at all -- only +1 armor, but no bonus.
But then I realized that I use the limbchopper instead of hax (hax has godawful low damage), so I don't get a set bonus anyway. I can have white hair now when I play pally, though.
Then again... I went hunting for vyx as a pally and was taking more damage than as a Mage, so I went back to int gear. Weird.

FluffNStuff
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Not better than full hate at all -- only +1 armor, but no bonus.
But then I realized that I use the limbchopper instead of hax (hax has godawful low damage), so I don't get a set bonus anyway. I can have white hair now when I play pally, though.
Then again... I went hunting for vyx as a pally and was taking more damage than as a Mage, so I went back to int gear. Weird.

Hax is pretty bad on mage, but pretty awesome on bear because of the execute proc. Anyway, yeah, the last Vyxnaar helm was a level 45 item with level 25 requirements. This is a level 50.1 item with level 50 requirements, so even the helm does not live up to the Vyxnaar legend.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Hax is pretty bad on mage, but pretty awesome on bear because of the execute proc. Anyway, yeah, the last Vyxnaar helm was a level 45 item with level 25 requirements. This is a level 50.1 item with level 50 requirements, so even the helm does not live up to the Vyxnaar legend.

We must give Vyx his dignity back!!

FluffNStuff
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
We must give Vyx his dignity back!!

I have come to the conclusion this is not the real Vyxnaar, but his shadowy cousin impersonating him. In keeping with the 'spirit of Vyxnaar', a new one is not due for another 10 levels. So when the cap is 65, a new cave for him should be created in Alien Oasis town, where he is a level 65 Boss that drops a level 65 helm, but is surrounded by level 45 mobs.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I have come to the conclusion this is not the real Vyxnaar, but his shadowy cousin impersonating him. In keeping with the 'spirit of Vyxnaar', a new one is not due for another 10 levels. So when the cap is 65, a new cave for him should be created in Alien Oasis town, where he is a level 65 Boss that drops a level 65 helm, but is surrounded by level 45 mobs.

What was the level cap when the real Vyx was born? When I started playing, ao2 was the cap already.

FluffNStuff
04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
What was the level cap when the real Vyx was born? When I started playing, ao2 was the cap already.

Original Vyx was born in August when the cap was 45. He was a level 45 boss that lived among level 25 mobs.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Original Vyx was born in August when the cap was 45. He was a level 45 boss that lived among level 25 mobs.

Ah ok..so around when I started playing. I must not have known about it then bc I didn't visit the forums at the time. Interesting the way they did it. So maybe they don't want to introduce a helm with stats 10-15 lvls over the current lvl cap?

Kinda makes me wonder tho... Did the original lvl 50 vyx helm that no one found have better stats? Possible they nerfed the stats when they made it easier to get?

superss
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
you could in the town have a chance that every 10 minutes (pretty high chance) 1-5 vyxnarrs will spawn. there could be a message such as the vyxnarr herd is approaching!! like in the sewers when you see a boss. its not a safe town but when you kill the vyxnarrs you could get a vyxnarr helm

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
That's old man Vyxnar, he's gone soft in his old age.

Ayrilana
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Maybe Vyx got PL'd to 50 and forgot to wear a better helm

SUPAPRODIGY
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
10% drop rate would be nice XD

Sky../
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Maybe Vyx got PL'd to 50 and forgot to wear a better helm

Lol

He was wearing his booster set.