PDA

View Full Version : Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

Furrawn
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Maybe here we can put suggestions for pricing that we think are good ideas that the devs can consider... A little PL brainstorm:)

I think regular and premium pricing might be good...
10 plat for regular campaign with ALL extra features to be bought w additional plat.
30 plat for premium campaign that includes the extra features in the cost.

Or maybe we can pay 200 plat for a carte blanche for all the new game features that come along- we just have to still buy campaigns and whatever vanity items we want...

Like a Lifetime PL Pass:)

Flamin
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Maybe something like that would be good, but only maybe.

Justg
05-25-2010, 07:21 PM
LOL, what an awesome thread to read!

We'd love full feedback on all pricing:

- Sales
- Consumables
- Item Packs
- Dungeon Packs
- PvP Packs
- Respecs
- Character Slots
- Gold
- Inventory/ stash
- Vanity Items

What do you want more of? What do you not care about? What is too expensive? What is a bargain?

Natatat
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
I honestly thought it was kinda ridiculous we had to pay for PvP. :/

Thelonearcher
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Nat like I said but I will say it again

lol guys think about how
much money your spending on other mmo games? This is free and is asking for about 7$ dollars for the 35 cap and pvp maps it's not even done yet !!!!! This game when complete will be like guild wars and guild wars is 30 $ if you guys think your getting ripped off you really aren't be a sport stay with the game and over the summer when it's complete you will be happy !!
also this is on apple devices portable were ever you go !!!! So be happy that spacetime
made this game!! They work very hard were about 2 months in so you can't excpect it to be complete by 2 months and the fact the app is free right now is awesome

Thelonearcher
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
And I love !! How pvp is balanced me
and my friend went 1v1 he
had ofc the best warrior stuff zombie shield zombie armor and a ( copper heads trident )(not the best)
and I had ofc best archer stuff snipers bayou bow (which I found in 1v1 is horrible
suggest a talon) and snipers armor and (assasins dead eye derby (also not the best) but we went on for 1hour!!! I eventually killed him but he then pulled
out copper heads armor and copperheads battle sword and pawned me and it went back in forth :) very balanced and as for enchanters I have found also pawn(healing) lol thank you enchanters who heal me IN pvp !!! :)

Thelonearcher
05-25-2010, 07:43 PM
And sorry if this is
spam posting but I also think like a roman colloseum would be really cool for pvp !!! :) maybe add a lion(like ref) !! :)

Flamin
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
And sorry if this is
spam posting but I also think like a roman colloseum would be really cool for pvp !!! :) maybe add a lion(like ref) !! :)

its alright, by the way I can tell that you are posting these are your iphone/ipod touch.

Darkchylde
05-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't mind spending 'real' money on the campaigns and such IF it is a reasonable price, like Thelonearcher said...other MMO'S usually cost. But my husband and I were a bit surprised by some of the high prices such as 50P to change ur name?!?

FriedSushi
05-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Changing your name is not very necessary though, but i agree it should be around 20-25 plat. Because 30 plat is $5, i dont think its really worth it to spend more than $5 just to change your name. but again, name changing isnt vital to gameplay.
but ive been wanting to change my name from Wetphart to FriedSushi for a while now. FriedSushi is mine in all the games i play

Rannos
05-25-2010, 08:26 PM

- Sales
- Consumables
- Item Packs
- Dungeon Packs
- PvP Packs
- Respecs
- Character Slots
- Gold
- Inventory/ stash
- Vanity Items

What do you want more of? What do you not care about? What is too expensive? What is a bargain?

Besides that Croc Bullfrog Helm, there is no good m/s gear for Warriors. I would pay a dollar or two for a helm with 2-3 m/s

Justg
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Name Change is a unique situation with pricing. If it is cheap, people will grief, change identities and grief again. Think about it in terms of all the recent scamming. If a name change was easy the scammers would never gain a poor reputation since they could shed their skin like a snake's.

Our experience has shown that we need to offer the service for those really in need, but make it a luxury item so folks don't abuse the anonymity and identity change that comes with it.

TheBaconKing
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Name Change is a unique situation with pricing. If it is cheap, people will grief, change identities and grief again. Think about it in terms of all the recent scamming. If a name change was easy the scammers would never gain a poor reputation since they could shed their skin like a snake's.

Our experience has shown that we need to offer the service for those really in need, but make it a luxury item so folks don't abuse the anonymity and identity change that comes with it.

The price for name change is fine. I would leave it as is.

Overall I am pretty happy with the new prices, but I was also fine with the old prices. I think I was one of a few people who wasn't part of the angry mob against prices.

Darkchylde
05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, I agree, name changing is not necessary to game play, I was just surprised to see something like that cost so much! Oh, and I just looked up and read some other posts...guess I forgot to refresh...yes...I DO agree with the price after reading the reason behind it from JustG up there... I am all for paying for the new campaigns when they come out, after all, the game has to make money to continue to grow and the devs must continue to make rent,eh...I am fairly happy with the prices, especially with the patch that lowered some of them such as the stash space which I did purchase more of today!:)

Thanx guys and keep up the good work...<raven>

Justg
05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Hopefully with discussions like these we can come up with a pricing scenario that everyone is happy with.

Gavry
05-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Hehe, what a coincidence. Was literally going to post almost exactly the same topic and then saw Furrawn had beaten me to the punch. I think it would be good to list what you would happily pay for and about how much, what you don't want to pay for and finally what you would pay for if it was available.

Willingly Pay For

1. Campaigns. I think the current 10P per new campaign is very reasonable. If there was a large one, or somewhat special, I'd happily pay up to 20P.
2. Special Equipment. Currently the 2P for special equipment is good. I'd much rather see a different approach to this however. See below.
3. Character slots.I feel the current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however.
4. Respecs. Current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however. A totally new skill system however with purchasable branches I'd love. See Below.

Not Willingly Pay For

1. Gold. I can get enough of this in the game already. I don't think you should be able to purchase in-game currency. Especially if it ever becomes more useful than just potions.
2. Inventory Slots. No interest at all. A totally new idea with inventory and purchases however. See Below.
3. Stash Slots. No interest at all. Feel this should be unlimited and free.
4. Emotes. No interest in buying this at all. Helps to add life and colour to the world. Should be actively encouraged as free.
5. PvP. I have no interest in this aspect of the game at all. I don't see the current price as unfair however.

Willingly Pay For If It Was Available

Guilds
1. Guild Setup. Setting up a guild should cost P. Maybe 50P to setup a guild.
2. Guild Badge. Purchase of a badge to enter a guild. 2P.
3. Guild Buildings. Should be different types and costs appropriate to them. As you spend more you get more resources. Guild Storage Stash. Guild Bank. 10P-500P
4. Much More. I'm sure there will be HEAPS of different ideas that come out around this and all cost P to purchase.

Quests
Probably my favourite.
1. Quest Items. In particular items required for great equipment. Have a Jewel seller who sells precious jewels. Purchase deterrent levels of jewels for P. Quest with those jewels and rare equipment for a cool final item. Proc weapons etc. I would MUCH prefer to get fantastic equipment through purchasing the raw materials and then having to quest for the final item rather than just buying it from the shop. Make some quests absolutely epic. Have pink quest items that you need to find, and raw materials you need to purchase with P. Same quest, different purchased items would result in different final item. One direction would result in a sword that had damage proc, other way healing proc. Take the really long path, with a lot more rare and purchased items and you get a weapon that does both.

I'd pay 25P and spend a LOT of time questing for a fantastic, very rare, geared to what I want item.

Skills / Classes
This requires a complete change to how skills work:
a. Make them tree structured.
b. Keep the current three base classes.

I'll use a Warrior as a starting point, as I play one. Warriors with no customisation will follow a pretty standard, increasing damage, increasing self defence skill path. Most well known RPGs have a good handle on this. They would have three main paths through the tree:
1. Damage
2 Self protection; dadge, parry, evade, etc
3. Tank; rescue, bash, attract enemy, etc

At stages through the path a warrior could spend P to branch off. Jump across to the self healing path, early stages of the healing path of an enchantress. They could then start getting heal, bless, armour etc. They are becoming a Paladin. Conversely they could jump across to the pure damage part of an archer class. Get dual wield, bow skill, sneak, trap, etc. Now they are a Ranger.

Expand this concept across all three classes and you can easily get a heap of different classes, that people can choose to become, and in my opinion will happily spend P to get to.

I'd spend 20P to open up the self healing branch for my warrior when I could. I want to be a Paladin.

Inventory
I don't like the current idea of buying slots. In it place, and I'm afraid this will take a bit of work, I think equipment should have weight. As you hold more in your inventory you get weighed down. The more you are overloaded the slower you move, the lower you AC and damage become. Now to counter this add bags. Standard bags will help a little, backpacks and the like. For Plat, my preference via a quest, allow people to get magical bags. Can carry a lot of weight with no effect. In essence people will buy inventory slots, but not feel like they are just getting ripped off. I'd much rather spend 10P on a bag that can hold 250 items without encumbrance than buying straight out 250 inventory slots.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Gavry
05-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Add reputation, ah-la ebay to a player irrespective of their name. Scammers are then sorted no matter what.

Darkchylde
05-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh:) <raven>

Gavry
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh:) <raven>

Use to play a fantastic MUD, Toril/Sojourn, when I was at Uni.

Flamin
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Hehe, what a coincidence. Was literally going to post almost exactly the same topic and then saw Furrawn had beaten me to the punch. I think it would be good to list what you would happily pay for and about how much, what you don't want to pay for and finally what you would pay for if it was available.

Willingly Pay For

1. Campaigns. I think the current 10P per new campaign is very reasonable. If there was a large one, or somewhat special, I'd happily pay up to 20P.
2. Special Equipment. Currently the 2P for special equipment is good. I'd much rather see a different approach to this however. See below.
3. Character slots.I feel the current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however.
4. Respecs. Current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however. A totally new skill system however with purchasable branches I'd love. See Below.

Not Willingly Pay For

1. Gold. I can get enough of this in the game already. I don't think you should be able to purchase in-game currency. Especially if it ever becomes more useful than just potions.
2. Inventory Slots. No interest at all. A totally new idea with inventory and purchases however. See Below.
3. Stash Slots. No interest at all. Feel this should be unlimited and free.
4. Emotes. No interest in buying this at all. Helps to add life and colour to the world. Should be actively encouraged as free.
5. PvP. I have no interest in this aspect of the game at all. I don't see the current price as unfair however.

Willingly Pay For If It Was Available

Guilds
1. Guild Setup. Setting up a guild should cost P. Maybe 50P to setup a guild.
2. Guild Badge. Purchase of a badge to enter a guild. 2P.
3. Guild Buildings. Should be different types and costs appropriate to them. As you spend more you get more resources. Guild Storage Stash. Guild Bank. 10P-500P
4. Much More. I'm sure there will be HEAPS of different ideas that come out around this and all cost P to purchase.

Quests
Probably my favourite.
1. Quest Items. In particular items required for great equipment. Have a Jewel seller who sells precious jewels. Purchase deterrent levels of jewels for P. Quest with those jewels and rare equipment for a cool final item. Proc weapons etc. I would MUCH prefer to get fantastic equipment through purchasing the raw materials and then having to quest for the final item rather than just buying it from the shop. Make some quests absolutely epic. Have pink quest items that you need to find, and raw materials you need to purchase with P. Same quest, different purchased items would result in different final item. One direction would result in a sword that had damage proc, other way healing proc. Take the really long path, with a lot more rare and purchased items and you get a weapon that does both.

I'd pay 25P and spend a LOT of time questing for a fantastic, very rare, geared to what I want item.

Skills / Classes
This requires a complete change to how skills work:
a. Make them tree structured.
b. Keep the current three base classes.

I'll use a Warrior as a starting point, as I play one. Warriors with no customisation will follow a pretty standard, increasing damage, increasing self defence skill path. Most well known RPGs have a good handle on this. They would have three main paths through the tree:
1. Damage
2 Self protection; dadge, parry, evade, etc
3. Tank; rescue, bash, attract enemy, etc

At stages through the path a warrior could spend P to branch off. Jump across to the self healing path, early stages of the healing path of an enchantress. They could then start getting heal, bless, armour etc. They are becoming a Paladin. Conversely they could jump across to the pure damage part of an archer class. Get dual wield, bow skill, sneak, trap, etc. Now they are a Ranger.

Expand this concept across all three classes and you can easily get a heap of different classes, that people can choose to become, and in my opinion will happily spend P to get to.

I'd spend 20P to open up the self healing branch for my warrior when I could. I want to be a Paladin.

Inventory
I don't like the current idea of buying slots. In it place, and I'm afraid this will take a bit of work, I think equipment should have weight. As you hold more in your inventory you get weighed down. The more you are overloaded the slower you move, the lower you AC and damage become. Now to counter this add bags. Standard bags will help a little, backpacks and the like. For Plat, my preference via a quest, allow people to get magical bags. Can carry a lot of weight with no effect. In essence people will buy inventory slots, but not feel like they are just getting ripped off. I'd much rather spend 10P on a bag that can hold 250 items without encumbrance than buying straight out 250 inventory slots.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more.

I agree with alot of it, but one thing I do not agree with is Guild Badge, because it should be free to join a guild, but the leader, commanders, and officers of the guild would have to approve a guild join request that someone would send if they wanted to join that guild.

Gold. I think that the price should be greatly reduced.
Inventory Slots. I think that the price should be 10p.
Stash Slots. I think that the price should be greatly reduced, like 75 stash slots for 15p, and I think there should be a 250 stash slots for 30p, and a 500 stash slots for 60p, and a 1000 stash slots for 120p.
Emotes. I only agree that the price should decrease to 3p.
PvP. I only agree that the price should decrease to 8p.

Guild Setup. This should be 50p and 3000gold to create a guild.
Another guild idea, is to allow officers, commanders, and the leader of a guild to invite players to their guild. Of course this would mean that there would have to be a mailbox in-game too.

Gwendaline
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I think your all crazy... Most things should be available through purchase with gold... You should not have to pay real cash to start a guild... Maybe 500k in gold. Seriously!! Are you serious ppl? What is the point of even having gold if you want to purchase everything with plat.... Just do away with gold if that is the case..

Steverd
05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
HEY how about that 45 plat I spent last night for 25 stash.
NOW it's only 5 plat? That's over a $5.00 difference.
Imagine I say how ripped off I feel and others that recently bought this also.

OK I want a REFUND for my purchase, who do I talk to.

Steverd

nerdherd
05-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm betting e-mail would be a better place to try and get an answer.

Justg
05-25-2010, 09:46 PM
nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.

Demarrer
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
As I have said before, I really believe PvP maps should be free. I think what would work better is if you released one new PvP map per expansion. So lest say when Alien Oasis comes out and you buy it, you would receive the PvM aspect and then a FREE PvP map also.

Steverd
05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.

Will do Thanks!
Steverd

Justg
05-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.

Demarrer
05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.

I have no problems with you releasing lets say PvP packs. I am just saying, people have been complaining about money. What if you just added one PvP map per expansion? You guys could still pop out PvP packs which are optional. It just gives the people who can't keep forking money over, like the kids who play this game, a chance to still participate. I know you have released two maps already, but those are only 3v3. I just think it would be a good idea to release a new PvP map per expansion. Little things make people feel their money is being better spent.

Gwendaline
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
and the pvp maps should come in a bundle free of charge with the expansion lvls. Pls

Voxed
05-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I think subscription fee would be suitable for this game say $5 a month gets you,
All expansions
25-50 bank slots
A lot of inventory, not saying unlimited just a good amount
PvP maps
1 respec per month, or a gold amount to respec not plat
3 characters slots

After the $5 a month i would be willing to still pay for,
Items, 2plat is a good amount or a gold amount option would be nice
Extra characters slots over 3
extra stash slots over 25-50
Potions/elixirs
Name changes
Making a guild, not to join one

Also I'm very glad Ob brought this point up, its been something that has been bugging me for a while just didn't want to make a post on it :-)

nerdherd
05-25-2010, 10:31 PM
I think it would be a good idea to offer one free PvP map per expansion, so that way you have to pay to get it but it's not an extra fee. Then maybe you could have a pack of premium PvP maps that are either ridiculously awesome or that offer different modes of PvP (or both!).

Gwendaline
05-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Love u Voxed!! He's a genius!!! TY Ob1 and Vox :) shoot.. U 2 nerdle :)

flaimdude
05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
First off, two points:
1) Love the thread title.
2) Love the thread attitude. :)

Second, before we consider prices, we have to consider irl prices for plat. :) Exchange rate goes down (or up, depending on how you look at it) as you buy more, which is good. :D Here's the list (rounded to the nearest cent):
5p - $.20/p
30p - $.17/p
75p - $.13/p
165p - $.12/p
300p - $.10/p
800p - $.06/p

I've bought 30p and 75p. :) So I've paid an average of about $.14/p for $15.

Second:
- Sales
Not sure what you mean by this, as all things are sales, right? :) On to the next one.
- Consumables
By this I'm pretty sure you mean elixirs. Since you can pay g for these, no complaints here. I mean really, if you can pay ANY amount of g for anything instead of just p, it's awesome. :)
- Item Packs
I've never bought an item pack, but I have bought various single items before, just because I wanted a good weapon at a low level. :) My warrior still has his lvl 5 flaming axe, and he's like lvl 13. So for those fairly good items, I'd say good prices. Since I bought it (and I'm fairly stingy with my money, only spent $15 total on PL so far), I'd say it's good for those who are willing to pay the 2p for a good wep. I mean, with my $ to p rate, I got a good weapon for only 24 cents. :) Well worth it, imo.
- Dungeon Packs
idk. I mean, I've bought the two combo packs since that was before the 4 combo pack came out, and I'm fine with that. Still haven't bought swamps, since my main is only lvl 22. But I mean, 10p per scenario is only about $1.43. AKA INSANELY CHEAP. I'm fine with paying that. :)
- PvP Packs
Ditto, only $1.43 per 6-pack. Fine with that.
- Respecs
5p is a little much for a single respec, imo. But I do like the 10p for 5, so that's good. :)
- Character Slots
5p is fine.
- Gold
Never bought any, so can't say. :)
- Inventory/ stash
5 Stash slots is fine for transfers. Idk about buying extra slots for items though. :|
- Vanity Items
OMG DO ITTTTTTTTT I would totally buy like a keyblade or something like that. :)

Gwendaline
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I think its actually $1.33 per campaign pack. I think?... I do agree with that price. I also believe that is the only thing we should have to pay for with cash money. If pets are incorporated into game play, I would be willing to pay for those as well. So far I have bought just about one of everything including an extra 75 plat just in case something amazing happens Like Angel wings.. or something like that. Maybe a tiny pterodactyl that follows me everywhere and has a tiny "rawr" and grows with experience to eventually have a giant 'RAWRR" or "SQUAK"..... just saying. But I don't want to spend anymore of my plat on things that should be purchased strictly with gold.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Wow- there are such great ideas here!

I bought the pvp pack & didn't mind paying for it at all...I would have been happier to get 3x3 and 5x5 both for 10P since I already own the campaigns. Maybe a premium price for new campaigns could include all the maps for the campaign? But, still the price was fine:)

And vanity items? Lol I'll pay a few plat for a pet accessory or a Santa hat. I LOVE the Ursan Warlord armor on my enchantress so maybe masks/face paint? My characters represent me out there playing, right? I'd love to be able to individualize my characters. And a cool weapon w great stats?
2P each?
I'm in...

Imagine my shock this evening to find out my hubby has bought weapons & garb w plat! He's a diehard gamer. I swear when each Halo comes out, I have to stand in front of the tv to see his face! Lol Same for when an expansion pack for Warcraft comes out.
So...he's in for vanity items too... And weapons/garb

I'm a such newbie. I know plenty about guilds from books I read. Terry Pratchett anyone? But I know zero about guilds and gaming:( I asked my hubby. He feels very strongly that guilds are an essential element of a complex and long-lasting game and that as an essential element they should be free. Note: like me, he's fine w purchasing pvp maps for 10P. As for me- I need a guild tutor. I'll pay 10P. Lol

I figured the steep 50P cost to change a name was to deter scammers. It makes sense to me.

JustG- thanks for all you're doing...

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Ty Furry :) You are such a sweetie!!! I'm glad that your post set things off. I am too raw and devilish. My words usually give people the creeps. Without your post we would have never came this far. I will go delete mine now :"> The ideas in this post should give the devs some more ideas to toss around. Yes hopefully I will get my wings. Red ones pls, and a white thong to wear. Under my cloak of course.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Thank you, Gwen, for saying such kind things.
You have to delete a post? I'm sorry if I posted a thread if you had one up already! I'm sorry:(
ooh- wings- cool idea!
A seraphim or nephilim enchantress?

I definitely think that there are lots of great ideas here...
The devs are happy. The players are happy. Win-Win.
And I confess, that when I bought my pvp 3x3 maps today, my first thought was I bought JustG five bites of a Bananas Foster dessert. Lol because of the devs needing to eat:)

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 01:16 AM
I bought 3x3 and 5x5 but they are soo laggy that I cannot even move. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. I agree with you about the guilds being free. Or at least for them to be available by purchase with gold. There are some things that just should not cost. All these nicks and dimes add up ya know. But yea the wings.. Ill buy the wings, and the Pterosaur or Pterodactyl.

I am sure the devs eat better than I do. I'm broke. The 5x5 crippled me. Literally.. I couldn't move..... Bahahaha :)

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
Gavry, Demarrer, Voxed, & Flaimdude- wow... You had such great specifics... It was like brainstorming to the infinite power!

I, too, don't want to purchase gold- I want to earn it...
I love the quest idea... Adding a more cerebral element... Plus, challenging us with tasks to accomplish adds interest...

Gwen-
Love the dinosaur idea. I think I'd like a Saurolophus - like Ducky in Land Before Time:)
Actually, I'd pay for an animal companion- ESP maybe an animal that can enhance a certain skill I prefer to use...

A cheetah that attacks with me when I use my lightning.
A polar bear that helps shield me when I use frostbite.
A Phoenix that attacks for me when I revive someone.
I'd happily pay for something like that. Honestly, I'd prob purchase an animal for each of my three characters

JustG-
Thank you for giving us the option of buying the new elixirs w plat or gold. I really liked having the gold option. Thank you!

Ogediah
05-26-2010, 02:16 AM
I love the game and think you guys are doing some ground breaking things for mobile devices. However, I do want to provide some input here from my own thoughts and what I seem to be picking up from other players.

First off, I think most people are agreeing that we would rather pay 5 dollars for a new campaign package all features included. I do sometimes feel nickeled and dimed as things progress. It's like we are paying to test a program, as we are throwing out more and more money at every update. We started out as paying per step and now we are paying per breath.
I think some people felt as though paying higher prices were acceptable in the beggining because they thought they were making an investment in the game towards future expected core features (for example a stash or pvp etc)
Basically, core features should be expected, not luxuries we pay for.
I realize this would be difficult to imediatly implement, but is def something to look into. Perhaps as of a certain campaign this could be implemented?
I feel as though you are charging your current players more and more, forcing them out, and scarring newer players off faster and faster.

YES most other mmo's are much more expensive then the 99 cent average app, but 50-60 dollars is more than half the price of some of our devices! That Alienware computer you are playing on is worth 1500 dollars vs a 100 dollar iPhone.

I am discouraged to get online and see the community dwindling... And by dwindling I literally mean dwindling. Fnord now consitantly rests around 30 people online.

Spacetime, give us a donate link and I'm sure some may like to donate. But please don't suffocate the community with prices scaring off users.

Could this be solved with a universal account? Remove annonymous-ivity. Register users to Their pl account, this could also be useful where my characters are usually friends with the same people.

On a side note... Don't we have secure trade now ;)

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Like I said. I love you. Its like he read only my posts, and told you exactly what I was feeling.

Breath......

ratava
05-26-2010, 05:35 AM

- Sales
- Consumables
- Item Packs
- Dungeon Packs
- PvP Packs
- Respecs
- Character Slots
- Gold
- Inventory/ stash
- Vanity Items

Expansion/Dungeon Packs
PvP Packs
(Quests)

I see these as the PREMIUM content for this MMO (currently). Looking at it in both respects: development time/resources needed (from DEVS) & value for entertainment (to PLAYERS) - this is the content that is and should be PRICED and MOST PROFIT made from. Current prices are a complete bargain for this awesome new content and worth Platinum for: New Maps, New Mobs, New Gameplay, New xp/rewards/higher levels and overall game progression for this GROWING game. It's brilliant and the frequency of expansions in the schedule is really impressive and keeps the game alive like few others.

eg I got sale of x4 expansion packs + Swamps + x2 PvP packs for [x2 30 Plat + 5 Plat]. IMO the PvP is a GAME IN A GAME and worth paying for as such. To play PvP on the mobile is stupendous and saves me bothering with a PC MMO for the next 12 months likely enough. That's my context for this! : )

If quests could be added with a lot of RPG story/characters etc that would be content also really worth paying Plat for, also.

Consumables
Char Respects
Items packs

Should be priced next highest below the above. This stuff is all "volitional" and if you want to take the bespoke side of gaming and crafting an Avatar you like modifying and max'ing up then either "grinding", "overcoming the games challenges or as an extra help (at a price) purchasing the above, seems to make sense to me...

Vanity items
Inventory/stash

Next highest... This stuff let's you tinker around a bit more frequently and change things on the go, so should cheaper than all the above as yields higher frequency of use but more about convenience and managing your Avatar's resources efficiently and quickly than buying extra content or power-ups!

Separate category:

Sales: Think this is dependent on adding: Exciting 1-off opportunities limited time only etc (classic sales strategy), Dependent on your stats, how much usage an area is getting, how many months since release, how much of the population has already progressed through it, how many new players would be stimulated to enlist in PL's with some really good deals etc and obviously not knocking ppl for adopting the latest stuff only to slash the prices too soon or too much.

Will try to post later on actual specific rates but might require a lot of calculations first ! Thanks for reading in advance - as long as people are aware of the pricing structure they can work out the relative value of stuff in game that lead to purchase choices that suit that fixed valuation.

ratava
05-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Oooh! Premium content for new Classes too: Humans (I guess). That's always hot.

Guess these guys are your generalists, jack of all stats? Would like either a puppet-master class or stealth class if pos... ; )

EDIT: BTW: I was knocked off my feet by how quickly you reduced some of the prices (readme v1.2) after feed-back.

Legends!

Guitarlon
05-26-2010, 06:06 AM
I like the idea of a lifetime PL pass for like 200 plat, although I know this contradicts the MMO business model.

Ta11on
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I still think Respecs should be at the cost of gold and not platinum. (IMO.)

Health/Mana Potions should cost a bit more gold. (I can buy these in mass quantitys way too easily.)

Elixers should cost less gold. (They are not worth the little experience you actually get from them.)

Dyson6
05-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I think there's just too much of a cash shop in this game as it is. There should definetely be some sort of special membership because I see people paying like $30 on stuff and still having to fork out money for all of these new updates.

You might as well do what some MMOs have done and have the normal free version or you can pay a monthly fee to be a premium member and get this stuff for free. AND if you did something like this you should give it more MMO qualities because right now in its current state, its about as much as an MMO as Call of Duty. Me personally, I call it a Co-op RPG.

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Thats what I am saying D6.. Some ppl must not be paying attention.. We are looking for ways to save here. Not more ways to spend. Are you kidding me?

flaimdude
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Thats what I am saying D6.. Some ppl must not be paying attention.. We are looking for ways to save here. Not more ways to spend. Are you kidding me?
Is English not your first language? Just curious.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I still think Respecs should be at the cost of gold and not platinum. (IMO.)

Health/Mana Potions should cost a bit more gold. (I can buy these in mass quantitys way too easily.)

Elixers should cost less gold. (They are not worth the little experience you actually get from them.)

Great idea to be able to use gold for respecs... ESP if the 5 respecs for 10p is also kept.

Personally, I really like having the option to buy something with gold if I want... Or plat if I want...

Esus
05-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I hate buyin respecs. I only do so to change my skills not my stats. Is there any way there could be a skill respec?

asommers
05-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Weeding through the noise wastes time. Please stay on topic.

-ALS

Gwendaline
05-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Nope, that pretty much covers it. I was just wondering because in some of your other posts I could barely read what you were saying, and I was wondering if I could help you improve your poor grasp of the English language through tutoring sessions! At only 2k g/session, they're a bargain! ;)

Just because my grammar and choice of words are lacking does not mean that you have to mutate yourself into Mr. Obvious. So your education may be more advanced than mine. Does that mean that you have more common sense? Does that mean anything to me, and or anyone else reading these posts? Do not single me out ever again. Or I will go Don Quixote on your Behind. K Teach? ;0

Esus
05-26-2010, 06:05 PM
This has quickly turned into a flame war over grammer...what petty reasons to argue with one another.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 10:46 PM
But if the devs made an entire free version along with a paid version, wouldn't that severely limit funds for the devs? Or would advertising on the free version make up the difference?

I'd want the premium version... I'm just wondering if this is viable to discuss? Is a monthly fee something the devs would consider?

I hear complaints that it's not WOW. But, PL is in its INFANCY. They have amazing plans for the future. This game may well redefine mobile gaming...

Dizko
05-26-2010, 10:49 PM
No to monthly fee.

They way it is is fine. Just add more things to the store. More cool looking things, more attractive things, more useful things. I have 140 platinum and nothing to spend it on.

I love the freemium model and it will work.

Justg
05-26-2010, 10:59 PM
So more vanity items... check. What kinds of things and what price range feels appropriate?

Dizko
05-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Just funny stuff. Stuff to make platinum users feel better about themselves but also not too good as to annoy non-platinums.

Stuff like Santa hats, Tuxedos, easter bunny ears, sunglasses, capes, items which add some type of glowing affect to make you stand out.

I'd pay 5-10 plat for something small like a cool hat, and around 15-20 plat for a cape or something. Just off the top off my head though, hard to guess a price when I don't really know how hard the coding would be for the items.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
So more vanity items... check. What kinds of things and what price range feels appropriate?

JustG~

Vanity items? I'd be in for 2P to 15P....

2P - a single small item like a Santa hat, a mask, a dog collar for a dragon:), shoes, etc
2- 5P for bigger items like wings or color auras or for wicked cool weapons, etc
10P for a magic belt that allows us to carry TWO weapons with us and switch between them easily mid-game...

And I'd personally pay 10P happily to change hair & eye color- but I'd want it to be 10p as one cost for all of my characters...

5-10P for personalized robes- we choose color, decoration, and stats from options
(5P for lvl 1-20 and 10P for lvl21 and up)

If you make an animals, you could vary the pricing system
5P for an animal that's cute but basic- a cat, a mongoose, a snake
10P for a wicked cool animal - a dragon, a Phoenix, a polar bear
15P for an animal that becomes animated and helps when a specific skill is used
2P for a purr or hiss etc as an emote

Dizko
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
25 plat for mounts :P

Thelonearcher
05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Gavry the guild stuff I'd good cause I got about 3200 plat

Thelonearcher
05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I'll pay 1000plat for a fire breathing dragon hehe

Obliteration
05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
This has quickly turned into a flame war over grammer...what petty reasons to argue with one another.

Nice Grammar. Haha I love you Esus.

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Pterodactyl!!!!!

Guitarlon
05-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Red Dead Redemption looks amazing

ratava
05-27-2010, 04:04 AM
I see people paying like $30 on stuff and still having to fork out money for all of these new updates...
in its current state, its about as much as an MMO as Call of Duty. Me personally, I call it a Co-op RPG.

2 things: $30 spent is totally volitional. eg I got sale of x4 expansion packs + Swamps + x2 PvP packs for [x2 30 Plat + 5 Plat]. That's ON TOP OF the free stuff at the beginning. The game HUGE and full of good quality = just tips into $$.

Second, it's an iPhone MMO and yes it has a lot of features you actually find in MMO's on PC. The fact is, it's being compared to a PC MMO says it all! eg Massively/TenTonHammer love it. The RPG is actually the bit missing! More story and quest features in the schedule to look forward to, happily. : )

---

I'd pay about 5-8 plat on Vanity Items if they help the Avatar look more unique or add some cool graphics. Getting into this side of the game, but small purchases make these add-ons much more tempting.

Also would pay 5-10 plat for items that tell story/backstory/bestiaries/noteworthy NPC's eg Sacred Books etc. Enjoy good fluff especially as you guys show you are building a world in there ; )

Dyson6
05-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Why are people so opposed to monthly fees? If you're a dedicated player, you basically pay one for the new content they add constantly and you end up paying more.

Voxed
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't know D6, seems like a simple fix to all the nickel and dimeing us everyone is complaning about.

1-13 could still be free and limited, like it is now if you don't buy items.

You could even pay your monthly fee with plat, it would be a total in game deal. At the end of 30 day PL could ask you would you like to buy another month for xPlat?

What's so bad about that?

Dizko
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Monthly fee's will put newbies off.

And a lot of current players aswell.

Sayishere
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
meh im having alot of fun with this game so i would pay a monthly fee, but im gonna disregard what i said before about the pricing scheme and say its fine as it is now, but no more buying pvp maps!, id buy level cap maps but pvp should be free

Azrael
05-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Well this thread is falling apart, but before it does i'd like to say a word about the pvp pricing issue.

Seems like some people want to have the maps and some people aren't willing to pay for them. Personally i don't care if i have to pay for them, but the problem I have is that the population of players who play pvp is very low at all times. The players who didn't buy the maps but would be willing to get smashed by my blade can't access the game i'm in.

Since you don't have to pay to play pvp, one sad result is that the people who did pay have a smaller number of opponents. We pay, and yet we suffer when others don't pay. I think it has to be one way or the other.

And why o why does the one free map you guys put out include the most powerful boss mob. I mean really, that guy should be in every dungeon map. How is it you guys put him in the pvp arena? We need difficult bosses in DUNGEONS! What in the name of...

pant pant... started ranting... stopped myself or i would have gone wacko...

Voxed
05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Monthly fee's will put newbies off.

And a lot of current players aswell.

I hear alot of people say this, but why everyone has there opinion, I'm just wondering why you feel this way?

I would rather pay $5 a month then $4 about every month for a map and pay for everything else on top of that.

Maybe ST could do both let people pay a monthly fee and get updates and a few other perks, or let people pay by item if they like it the way it is.

Alarion
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
If you will go for a monthly fee, you need to have a free trial period first... key to every MMO is to get someone hooked to a game and then let them pay for it. If you do it like this no newbies will be scared away as you said...

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 02:03 PM
There is a free trial...

SlipperyJim
05-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Monthly fee = Sad puppies, angels crying, and no fun for me

I'll explain. There are two reasons that I have never played WoW, EQ, or any other MMORPG. (After MUDs, which I used to play about ten years ago.) The first reason is the time commitment. The second reason is the monthly fee. When combined, those two points made me feel like the MMORPG would become a second job. The "seriousness" was too much for me.

In contrast, PL is a casual game. Play a little. Play a lot. It's up to you. I already have a full-time job. I don't need (or want) PL to require any more commitment than it already does. A monthly fee would raise that commitment. Right now, I only pay for what I use. PvP is a good example here. I haven't bought any PvP maps yet, because PvP doesn't really interest me right now. If my interest level changes, I can buy the PvP maps. My key point is that I am in control of how much money I spend. If I don't want a particular feature, I don't have to pay for it.

If the Devs choose to introduce a monthly fee for PL, I would implore them to keep it optional. Please allow the casual gamers like me to continue to enjoy "a la carte" pricing. If the hardcore folks want a monthly fee, that's great ... but please don't require the rest of us to buy into it.

Voxed
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Alarion- I would say keep 1-13 free and limited like it is now if you don't buy anything. Pay after 13.

Slippery- Thank you for giving me your reason why, I under stand why people like yourself would not want to pay monthly now.

Would you be apposed to having it be an opption? Having a choice between pay by month or as you put it "A la carte"

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Monthly for maps and, A la carte for pterodactyls and angel wings. Or OR!! a shark fin hoodie.... With a mages trident!! Poseidon Gwendaline shall be my new name.

Dizko
05-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Gwen you confuddle me.

Ta11on
05-27-2010, 05:15 PM
If a monthly fee is applied to this game, at least 85% of player population will immediately leave (Most players probably haven't paid for any content anyways). This game dose not have enough content or enjoyment to be worth it.

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 06:31 PM
If a monthly fee is applied to this game, at least 85% of player population will immediately leave (Most players probably haven't paid for any content anyways). This game dose not have enough content or enjoyment to be worth it.

Excuse me... There is enough enjoyment for a TON! of us to have already spent at least $30 dollars on this game in the first month. There is enough ENJOYMENT! That you have posted 72 times... Someone must have jeopardized your account.. You might want to change your password.

Furrawn
05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol Gwen- love the shark fin hoodie idea!

Tallon & everyone,
There are TONS of ideas being thrown out in this thread. That's the point- lots of ideas!
I'm sure it's very helpful to devs to hear if you don't like the idea of monthly pricing...
I think that's the goal- for them to find out what most people agree is fair pricing and what most people are willing to pay for...

Content for the game though will prob be expansive eventually...

Gwendaline
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
........ :)

Furrawn
05-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Another thing-
I'd pay 2-5P just for some accessory that made my bear look like a female...
If any other girls have a warrior bear, there are prob some of them who would too...

Gwendaline
05-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I like the way you think Furry. 2-5 plat for accessories is reasonable. Something like a pet should cost around 15 in my opinion. Wings or a shark hoodie, around 10. Those are reasonable prices.

flaimdude
05-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Excuse me... There is enough enjoyment for a TON! of us to have already spent at least $30 dollars on this game in the first month. There is enough ENJOYMENT! That you have posted 72 times... Someone must have jeopardized your account.. You might want to change your password.

Some people don't love PL completely, which seems weird to me, but you know, whatever haha. So just because someone has posted a lot and doesn't love PL doesn't mean their account is in jeopardy. :)

And I've been thinking about this for a while. Right now, with where PL is at, I agree about the content thing as far as a monthly price goes. I mean, it has a fair amount of content, but not really the same as like a desktop game. And it doesn't really need it, since it's meant to be a pick up and play game. :) So I've changed my mind, this pricing scheme, paying for stuff is good because then you are in more control of what you get, which is better for a mobile game imo.

Gwendaline
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Some people don't love PL completely, which seems weird to me, but you know, whatever haha. So just because someone has posted a lot and doesn't love PL doesn't mean their account is in jeopardy. :)

WTFSTFU! I'm Going to hunt you down... Mr. Pricing Idea that will Blow.... Who's mind?

Anyway.. I really want a pterodactyl.

Furrawn
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Spacetime can make tons of $ by creating animals/dinosaurs/etc...
ESP if they are willing to have simple to advanced so people can pay more for the more specialized animals...

Like the daemons in the book Golden Compass:)

Gwendaline
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I completely agree.. Oh! Or maybe a little house elf like the ones in Harry potter.. Winky!! :)

Azrael
05-28-2010, 06:11 PM

People are barely playing pvp, and now that you have made 6 3v3 maps free, it's only gotten worse. I paid for all the maps that were releaed the moment i could. Now the only reliable thing to do is play the free maps, because the majority of people haven't played and it's impossible to fill a 5v5 without getting a guild together first. I'm disapointed that STS did this to be honest. It's killing the paid maps.

I really think STS needs to start ignoring the complaints of players who don't want to pay. PVP is effectively free now, and it's worse for it. Not to mention the fact that the investment in the 3v3 paid maps that players made has no basicly been stolen from them. The only legit complaint about pricing of platinum was the cost of the stash slots. The flip floping on pricing makes the players who are happy to pay in the first place, realize it's best not to spend a dime and just wait for updates to be free or be reduced.
And the end result is the devs realize they aren't making money off the updates, so why spend the time making them good, or even make them at all.

STS, you guys need to wait out cheap players who complain for things to be cheaper. Give it a week or two next time and they will pony up the cash.

Posted from iPhone, sorry for typos

ratava
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
the problem I have is that the population of players who play pvp is very low at all times. The players who didn't buy the maps but would be willing to get smashed by my blade can't access the game i'm in.

Well, I think PvP is such killer add-on, the experience of pitting yourself against other ppl and teams, that if it works, it's constantly needing balancing and testing and innovating maps that are conduce ie small but tactical etc that from that pov, they should be priced: Hard work for devs, Amazing pick-up&play and "kill" other PL's notable ppl !!

But agree, they need a nice pool of ppl to be topping them up ideally hence the pricing is tricky... maybe Guilds will organise things better and other options like Capture the flag will improve things for ppl that decide to purchase PvP. Either purchasing PvP Maps and/or PvP Gear/Titles etc and adding further options could help monetise it but keep ppl interested in paying?

But just playing a few games, think PvP is only going to become more popular as it's so fun to do, as well as co-op (just wish I could work out to be better... !).

ratava
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Asrael:
I paid for all the maps that were releaed the moment i could. Now the only reliable thing to do is play the free maps, because the majority of people haven't played and it's impossible to fill a 5v5 without getting a guild together first.

Thinking along similar lines... Definitely for 5v5 need more organization. But either growing friends list and/or guild would surely help. Think I'll prefer 5v5 when I get a few more games of it, more places to hide!

Still, when teams have gotten up to size and even it's been very addictive fun.

Furrawn
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Azrael-
I didn't mind 10P for the pvp. I bought the 3x3 the instant it came out.

You are oversimplifying everything. People were unhappy that there were too many charges appearing at once. I doubt any of us who have been giving pricing suggestions are "CHEAP PLAYERS" (low blow). I've spent at least $40 on the game so far...

Maybe you should read the entire thread before assuming everyone's cheap:(

flaimdude
05-28-2010, 11:12 PM
WTFSTFU! I'm Going to hunt you down... Mr. Pricing Idea that will Blow.... Who's mind?

Love ya too babe. ;)

Also, I think lvl caps should be loosened on PvP, that way there would be more games. So go by like, 10s of lvls instead of 5s.

Gwendaline
05-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Your the babe here little buddy. If you ever refer to me in a sexist manner again, we are going to have problems. Shut your mouth. If you cannot take the heat or keep up with the beat, then get off of the devils playground. One more snide comment from you and I will tell the Devs.

nerdherd
05-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Yet another post from Gwendaline that makes absolutely no sense.

Anyway, I think all early players are going to run into problems here and there because the devs are working so hard to make things the best they can. That means that inevitably they are going to nerf this, buff that, change some price, etc. Currently I'm very content with the pricing scheme. I think it should remain this way for a while so that Spacetime can see if it will work in the long run as a sustainable business model. I think the overall slightly lower prices will encourage spending and especially once they start doing some marketing and bringing in new players to the game, it'll work out. I guess we'll just have to give it time and see.

Justg
05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Folks, this is such a wonderful, marvelous, and fantastic thread to hear all of your thoughts on pricing. Please keep it civil, we really want to keep it open to hear more of your thoughts.

Thanks!

- g

Dizko
05-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I think everyone should have to pay, except for me.

Thanks.

Ogediah
05-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I think everyone should have to pay, except for me.

Thanks.

lmfao

*The message you have entered is too short.*

Ogediah
05-29-2010, 07:59 PM

A possible way to monitize on this would be to simply let 3v3 maps be free, and 5v5 maps be a paid feature.

I would have to say that there are to many map sets, and not enough people playing pvp yet. I feel that guild rivals will increase the usage of PvP, and 5v5 would be welcome by larger guilds.

ratava
05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Also, I think lvl caps should be loosened on PvP, that way there would be more games. So go by like, 10s of lvls instead of 5s.

I was thinking the same, 10's divide: Partitions players into 3/4 groups. Would keep the pool of players higher per grouping?

Maybe even having new classes exclusive to PvP would also tempt people... ; )

Dizko
05-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Add item rewards that can only be gained in pvp

flaimdude
05-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Add item rewards that can only be gained in pvp

This.

thislinebecausethepreviouslinewastooshort

Alarion
05-30-2010, 02:52 PM
+ make it have a stat that reduces damage taken from other players :)

FriedSushi
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
thislinebecausethepreviouslinewastooshort

hi..................................

Furrawn
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Ratava- great idea about classes!
If I was better at pvp, I'd definitely be lured by a new character...

Dizko has a brilliant idea!
Imagine if you could win a pink weapon for every 200 games won?

You guys will laugh at me... But hubby & I played pvp with thelonearcher last night. Poor guy- we just got him killed over & over. And we didn't have any fun because we didn't understand the rules. Is there a little pocket guide somewhere?
It's hard to want to play or buy more pvp to just die instantly- LMAO...

But, for newbies, they might stop playing if they keep trying & failing...
Maybe a tutorial? A video tutorial?

flaimdude
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
hi..................................

I see what you did thar.

Zallian
05-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Alot of great ideas here. I do see oneday PL having a monthly fee. Im ok with that because of all the potenal the game has. PL is the first MMO for moblie. they are opening a new door in gaming.

Quest- Getting Epic armor and wepons from them is great but not right now. level caps is only 35 maybe at 50-60?
MAP- id like to beable to walk around to different townes
PvP- 10 Plat isnt bad. all updates shouldnt be free.

Dizko
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Stop mentioning monthly fee! D:

Never.

Edatx
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
When changing a classes core abilities (like what happened to Enchantress where you changed the two buffs) please either auto-respec everyone from that class or give everyone in that class a free respec.

Furrawn
06-01-2010, 03:57 PM
When changing a classes core abilities (like what happened to Enchantress where you changed the two buffs) please either auto-respec everyone from that class or give everyone in that class a free respec.

I agree Edatx. I don't mind paying... But if something is changed or fixed, it seems unfair to have to pay to utilize the change/fix. Maybe you could give only the SKILLS a free respec when there's major changes?

Because I agree w Edatx. But, I also think 10P for 5 respecs is fair. I just don't think i should have to use a respec on a skill change done by spacetime...

Also, new skills should NEVER automatically have a skill point put into them.

Dizko
06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Also agree with Edatx.

Furrawn
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Potions.

The new potions cost way too much, gold or plat, for the short time they last. I want my 6P back. I'm trying to lvl a new character and I actually paid 3P for the double XP. Halfway through a ONE long level of lost, the potion was gone! I bought another one for 3P and set a timer. It DID last for 5 minutes, BUT five minutes isn't even a single level of most campaigns....

That's way way way too expensive for how little it helps. To use it to help an enchantress lvl from 32 to 33 would take a huge amount of Plat. Even for my character who was below lvl 16, the 3P didn't last long enough to get her to to the next level...

Bottomline-
The new potions cost too much and do too little...

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Potions.

The new potions cost way too much, gold or plat, for the short time they last. I want my 6P back. I'm trying to lvl a new character and I actually paid 3P for the double XP. Halfway through a ONE long level of lost, the potion was gone! I bought another one for 3P and set a timer. It DID last for 5 minutes, BUT five minutes isn't even a single level of most campaigns....

That's way way way too expensive for how little it helps. To use it to help an enchantress lvl from 32 to 33 would take a huge amount of Plat. Even for my character who was below lvl 16, the 3P didn't last long enough to get her to to the next level...

Bottomline-
The new potions cost too much and do too little...

I agree 100% As a matter of fact. i haven't even been playing Pl because the prices are so high. I have 90 plat just sitting there, but I am afraid to spend any of it. So... I'm not going to. I think that the new potions should should be priced very similar to the ones that are already available.. Lately I have been enjoying the forum more than the game.. I hope that is not what you are going for here guys. I mean.. I dont mind supporting and spending a little of my extra cash, but I will not waste another cent.

Zallian
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I hate that when you learn a new skill it auto gets a point added to it!

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Since when?

PvP
06-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I hate that when you learn a new skill it auto gets a point added to it!

I noticed this too. Forces you to buy a re-spec later on. Nice marketing strategy though.

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Must have just started that....

Furrawn
06-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't mind spending plat but 3P for five minutes of 2XP is just too too much for how little it actually does....

PvP
06-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I agree, it either needs to last longer or have a better effect.

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Agreed....

Zallian
06-02-2010, 07:11 PM
The xp potions should last for 10 mins.

Justg
06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Good feedback on potion pricing. The auto-granting of skill points happens for the first four skills only. The thinking behind it is that noobs don't know about skills so they miss out. We should either give you an option to opt-out or a free respec when you hit level 8 or so... what do you think?

PvP
06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Free re-spec definitely. I've seen this debated on the forums before, but at level 8 you have a good feel for the game. Honestly with every MMO I play, I research the game before I do anything. I look at the characters and what I think would fit me. Now I know that most people don't do this, but for the majority of people that have more then 1 account a free re-spec would be ideal. Makes me think I should wait on 1 of my level 7 characters :p.

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I believe that granting a skill point to the first four skills is perfect. That should not change. Seriously.. How many ppl did it affect? BLEED!!!! Winers! But yes the potions definitely need to be more easily acquired. Please.

Zallian
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Good feedback on potion pricing. The auto-granting of skill points happens for the first four skills only. The thinking behind it is that noobs don't know about skills so they miss out. We should either give you an option to opt-out or a free respec when you hit level 8 or so... what do you think?

Should offer a respec at lvl 14. that way if you want to keep playing you have an idea of what skills you like and want to keep.

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Should offer a respec at lvl 14. that way if you want to keep playing you have an idea of what skills you like and want to keep.

Yeah thats not too bad, and at least STS will make some money before they go giving stuff away :)

Furrawn
06-02-2010, 10:41 PM

I think a free respec is great--- BUT can it be saved and used when the player decides to use it? I was still really dumb at lvl 8... If it can't be saved & used later, at least wait til at least lvl 14 (or lvl 20) like Zallian suggested...

That way skilled players & noobs will benefit...

Zallian
06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah thats not too bad, and at least STS will make some money before they go giving stuff away :)

Thats the whole point;)

Gwendaline
06-02-2010, 11:16 PM
;)............

nerdherd
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Honestly, a free re-spec at lvl 8 won't help a noob, and anyone else who has been playing for a while probably already has all the characters they want far beyond level 8. I'd say that it would be best if the first time you level up you get a message saying "Hey, you have a skill point, so look at your skills and put it somewhere, or save it for later skills". Something like that.

Azrael
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM

agreed, though i like the idea of putting it at level 13, when a player maxes his level before he pays to play.

Furrawn
06-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Are you guys going to work on the potions soon? Pricing and length of time they work? Please do before Oasis comes out!
I was in the swamps tonight w a lvl 32 who is trying to lvl a second character to lvl 35. Friend lvl 32 got the big kahuna strength potion... And died... And the potion lasted maybe half of the level...

What potion changes might devs consider? Do you need any more feedback from us?

Violentsaint
06-06-2010, 05:13 AM
i personaly think elixers should last more than five minutes if your going to pay for them with real money, or you could remove them from the game altogether, they just give people with lots of money an advantage >.<