PDA

View Full Version : the big argument over the founders helm

Corpser
04-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Oh god im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes

the devs have said that they have added this helm for people who had started from april to june and then there was an uproar saying that its not fair on android users now its honestly the devs made the right choice there. also the only reason we are complaining is because they had said for the people that had started now honestly if they hadnt said anything we wouldnt be complaining. the devs have also announced that they have a plan to satisfy even the hard to please as arsommers had said ill expand on that when they tell us more. now for the main point imagine u miss out on tis awesome helmet because u only had an android device u would be complaining alot or maybe it was only realeased on android us ios users would be pretty upset and complaining.

so Stop complaining cause asommers hair is going gray from trying to please us all

(we dont want it white now do we?)

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Doesn't everyone get one now once their account hits 6 months?

j46g629h
04-20-2011, 03:08 AM
there is no room to complain or argue because they've already made the decision.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:12 AM
actually when an uproar happens the devs do there best to fix and this is just explaining why

also they may change it agian -_-

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Honestly, I would never complain... after all it is only just a game. I like to play because it's fun and I'm not going to complain just because I didn't get a certain item that other people did

j46g629h
04-20-2011, 03:19 AM
also they may change it agian -_-

Yes, you have good point here, they change all the time lol

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:20 AM
lol corpser. So... U basically think u deserve a founders helm and that u helped PL get on its foot at the beggining of its creation? think about that...

u and android users got a cool game which we suported and also evoluted. U play it and u HAVENT helped it from the very begining. Thats what the founders helm should be for. Not for crybabes

soz if im harse to u but idc really. Thats the truth

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Honestly, I would never complain... after all it is only just a game. I like to play because it's fun and I'm not going to complain just because I didn't get a certain item that other people did

good on you shame everyone doesnt look at it in the same light fair enough on android users (thx devs for trying to make it fair)

SUPAPRODIGY
04-20-2011, 03:24 AM
i think android users should wait longer for complaning agree apple users haha

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:28 AM
i think android users should wait longer for complaning agree apple users haha
I agree. I'm sure the devs were thinking about doing something for androids as well... Some people just don't give the devs a chance

Riccits
04-20-2011, 03:29 AM
sorry, android users didnt be part of the founders... so it should be deserverd to ppl wich joined april to june. without us woudnt may exist any android versions :/

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:31 AM
i think it should stay the same just to be fair

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:32 AM
sorry, android users didnt be part of the founders... so it should be deserverd to ppl wich joined april to june. without us woudnt may exist any android versions :/

people are just 2 greedy and wants a helm that he doesn deserve...

i think it should stay the same just to be fair

it ISNT fair. u ARENT a founder! neither are the 6 month people.

If u wana get a founders helm take paper and cizors and make one irl

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Well now everyones getting one...

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:36 AM
yep. Unfortunately devs are so helpful and want everyone pleased, including the crybabes

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:37 AM
corpser is just 2 greedy and wants a helm that he doesn deserve...

woah thats uncalled for i am not being greedy and i dont wanna fight you i am rreally not enjoying your comapany in my threads right now and its not often i want something this thread is not about me its about the community and u have taken me aback with your comments

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:38 AM
woah thats uncalled for i am not being greedy and i dont wanna fight you i am rreally not enjoying your comapany in my threads right now and its not often i want something this thread is not about me its about the community and u have taken me aback with your comments

ur an android user arent u?
im sensitive with this mater as everyone is complaining about somethin that most dont deserve

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:40 AM
ur an android user arent u?
im sensitive with this mater as everyone is complaining about somethin that most dont deserve

im ios do i need a picture to prove it?

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:41 AM
im ios do i need a picture to prove it?

no i beleive u . Gime a reason u should be called "founder". A simple reason

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Even though that means I'll get a helm I don't think its right. Only FOUNDERS should get it, but devs have decided and its fine with me...

Tamino
04-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Devs, give an Android Robot costume to Android users !

(I want to see all Apple users trolling around looking like apples...)

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Devs, give an Android Robot costume to Android users !

(I want to see all Apple users trolling around looking like apples...)

bahaha farting wearin the apple costume XD

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:53 AM
no i beleive u . Gime a reason u should be called "founder". A simple reason

i dont want the helm im just saying. your quite sensitive about this topic because you should be getting one but now everyone is. also i joined the game waaaaaayyy before i joined the forums

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:59 AM
You guys all know the devs didn't even have to do this whole founders helm thing right?

Diodge
04-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Big Granny Smith Apple helm for the Apple
Droid Bot helm to the Android

I just had to throw that in there. I dont twink. I dont care if I get one or not. Bonus if I do...

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Big Granny Smith Apple helm for the Apple
Droid Bot helm to the Android

I just had to throw that in there. I dont twink. I dont care if I get one or not. Bonus if I do...

for people usin both android and iphone? O.o weiriiririririririd

jaggedlilpill
04-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Woah woah some ppl take this game too seriously...I think its fair either way, or theyy could do two separate things for the diff platforms. Actually I think droid users should get a bonus because we have to wait two weeks for updates due to apples approval process...that was sarcasm btw.

Tamino
04-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Actually I think droid users should get a bonus because we have to wait two weeks for updates due to apples approval process...that was sarcasm btw.

The Annoying Helm of Patience...

Corpser
04-20-2011, 05:20 AM
i noticed you edited your post from this.

corpser is just 2 greedy and wants a helm that he doesn deserve...

people are just 2 greedy and wants a helm that he doesn deserve...

to this just cause it made you look bad i assume

Zipponator
04-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Nice one corps hahahah got him there. I was wondering why that sentence made no sense....... He didnt even change it to make sense lolz

People is just 2 greedy and wants a helm that he doesn deserve..

At least soulda changed is and he.... It was so obvious ....

Corpser
04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
yep lol

/10

vol
04-20-2011, 07:58 AM
for people usin both android and iphone? O.o weiriiririririririd

That would be me :)

Tiliana
04-20-2011, 08:02 AM
My house uses both the ipad2 and the xoom

RedRyder
04-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Its not a founders helm anymore. Just rename the thing. If it weren't for iOS users supporting the game, it wouldn't be on android, so really it should stay at the 6 month range and not when a user hits their 6 months. Give them something else....

MoarPewPew
04-20-2011, 08:09 AM
It's a helm.... Why are people crying about it.. It's free..

Zeus
04-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Corpser, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Android user's have gotten some exclusive benefits as well, like android only contests. A founder's helm is a FOUNDER's helm, not a experience helm. It does not make sense in anyway to give it to players that have been playing for 6 months, just to please people, because not everybody will EVER be fully pleased.

RedRyder
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
corpser, i'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Android user's have gotten some exclusive benefits as well, like android only contests. A founder's helm is a founder's helm, not a experience helm. It does not make sense in anyway to give it to players that have been playing for 6 months, just to please people, because not everybody will ever be fully pleased.

thank you!

Zeus
04-20-2011, 08:23 AM
thank you!

Your welcome :). Honestly Corpser, this is the way it works in real life too. First come are the guinea pigs, and if successful, they are rewarded later on as a "thank you" gift. If you come after the game was stable, that's not really being a founder and supporting them all the way through, is it?

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I have both an Android and an iOs phone, so I am neutral on the subject, but Droid users claiming they should get a Founder's helm is like Texas (or any other later state) complaining that the original Thirteen Colonies in the U.S. get to be called the "original colonies/states" aka "Founder", even though they were given that name loosely before Texas was even part of the US, let alone a state.

I feel sorry for Cinco and Asommers....every time they try to do something nice as an added bonus, people start taking a deuce in their coffee cup and giving them grief and complaining.

Tiliana
04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Your welcome :). Honestly Corpser, this is the way it works in real life too. First come are the guinea pigs, and if successful, they are rewarded later on as a "thank you" gift. If you come after the game was stable, that's not really being a founder and supporting them all the way through, is it?

I can see where the droid users are coming from. The game wasn't completely stable for them when they came on. They have been supportive from the droid beginnings. I can see where the iOS people are coming from since they were here from inception. When push comes to shove, I think everyone should just chill on both sides of the fence and be happy with whatever the devs do since it is their gift to give. After all...it's just a hat...in a game...on a mobile device...

Tiliana
04-20-2011, 08:34 AM
I have both an Android and an iOs phone, so I am neutral on the subject, but Droid users claiming they should get a Founder's helm is like Texas (or any other later state) complaining that the original Thirteen Colonies in the U.S. get to be called the "original colonies/states" aka "Founder", even though they were given that name loosely before Texas was even part of the US, let alone a state.

I feel sorry for Cinco and Asommers....every time they try to do something nice as an added bonus, people start taking a deuce in their coffee cup and giving them grief and complaining.

Hey Moog - we (you, me and everyone else) in Texas don't care to be part of that original. We originated ourselves!;). We stand out all on our own.

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey Moog - we (you, me and everyone else) in Texas don't care to be part of that original. We originated ourselves!;). We stand out all on our own.

But of course. Just using an example ;)

Nightarcher
04-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm not complaining, but it kinda annoys me that the helm will be common now. I'm hoping they'll release an actual "Founders" item to please the true oldies. :D

EDIT: I bet half the people debating this just want a new twink item...

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm not complaining, but it kinda annoys me that the helm will be common now. I'm hoping they'll release an actual "Founders" item to please the true oldies. :D

You're right, bro. I will get one under a 6-month rule, but I am not really a Founder....I would rather have nothing and let the true Founders who got this game started be recognized instead. If it wasn't for them, their feedback, etc, the game wouldn't exist as it does now, if it all.

EpuYue
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Really I don't understand why is there even an argument.. its either you are one of the founders and get the item, or you don't. End of story. It's just a helm and an in-game item at that.. you're not gonna die without it. Just get over it man.. =.=

Snakespeare
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
I think they should cancel it.

They wanted to say thank you. Message received. But this fighting isn't worth it. Yes, we have seen many changes and stood by STS even when our friends left in a huff. We made new friends and kept playing. But they kept giving us all kinds of new stuff for free, and other stuff that used to cost plat was also made free. Still, that's no real reason to give us something. The plat I spent was worth very little. Each time I would say, oh, a cup of drip coffee costs less than this, and I buy that two times a day.

Now I have seen people whine every time something that used to cost plat goes free. But they are whining about nickels and dimes. The mentality behind that whining is short term thinking and completely self-centered, and maybe you can appease it a little but you should never let it set policy.

So I say, scrub out. Bail. Dive, dive dive. It's not worth all this fighting. I hear that you are saying thank you. That's not even necessary. Thank YOU, devs. I would rather get you guys a helm!

Physiologic
04-20-2011, 09:35 AM
They should cancel it too, in my opinion. No one should get the helm.

This was pretty much the only thing I said when we first received word of the helm:

Aw stinks that only apple users get the hat :( and +1000000000000000 for the minimum level needed to enter a campaign dungeon. Seriously, +infinity!!

Also, regarding elixirs for plat, I was skeptical of it at first but realized its great for stimulating the economy. Remove the major gold drain, encourage more buying and selling.

I didn't complain and curse the heavens that Droids didn't get the helm or beg for it to come for the Droids. Asommers simply took Droiders into consideration after that single statement. In fact, I see more iOS users crying about the fact that the helm is much more "common" now. Who gives a flying crap? If Asommers never changed it to the 6 month period to exclude Droids, I wouldn't have complained or cried about it. They're just pixels. Anyway, I hope to God they cancel it because it's extremely annoying to hear all you "April to May" users moan and cry about the fact that your pixelated "hat" isn't special anymore. I seriously can't imagine how you'd all feel if you had a PL shield or a Community Shield once they become more and more common - you guys would be the first to complain about it.

It's. Just. Pixels. Grow. Up.

Darkchylde
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM
my wife jus got a htc inspire ,,that thing sucks an android sucks they oughtta give the android users a helmet with that little ugly green thing at the top of the helmet so we know to stay way from droid users like they did lil love, lil luck............. my jailbroke apple iphone 4 an ipad all the way an apple uses were the founders

Darkchylde
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
@MOOG/ Texas is one an only true republic an they didnt join the United States Of America an the Union unitl it was right for Texas ....the USA asked Texas four times if you go to the capitol in Austin we are the only state that has a decleration of independence that states we can seperate from america an become a republic at any given time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you havent heard down here in Texas our government an governor are seriously thinking about Seceding from the USA which im all for cause IM a born raised Texan first an a embaressed American second .....us Texans dont even consider ourselves Americans we are Texans

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
@MOOG/ Texas is one an only true republic an they didnt join the United States Of America an the Union unitl it was right for Texas ....the USA asked Texas four times if you go to the capitol in Austin we are the only state that has a decleration of independence that states we can seperate from america an become a republic at any given time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you havent heard down here in Texas our government an governor are seriously thinking about Seceding from the USA which im all for cause IM a born raised Texan first an a embaressed American second .....us Texans dont even consider ourselves Americans we are Texans

AMEN TO THAT!!! Remember the Alamo! We fought for this land and it belongs to Texas first!

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the history lesson....which I already knew years ago as I am born and bred here, probably long before you. My family has been here so long that a major street in Houston is named after my great-great-great-great-grandfather (might be off by a great or two).

I was just using Texas as an example for earlier, it coulda been any state....it was not meant to be an in-depth historical analysis on the history of the Republic of Texas.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the history lesson....which I already knew as I am born and bred here, probably long before you.

Texas FTW!

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Texas FTW!

You know it!

Holy cow, we got off topic here, lol.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:07 PM
You know it!

Holy cow, we got off topic here, lol.

Definitely. Reminds me of a few years ago I took a cruise and the "host" was asking where people where from... USA? lots of clapping. Canada? Clapping. Germany? Clapping Anywhere else? Someone yelled Texas and all the Texans started screaming :P

Sorry about the hijack.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
yeah um this thread is kinda pointless i think that the devs were wrong in pushing it to anoyone with 6 months because thats the whole point if you were here since the beggining and stayed.. because a lot have left then thats why your getting rewarded with the founders helm.. people like you corpser.. basically take away the pride of having one.. which is stupid.. just stop crying.. and complaining.. people that were here since the begining deserve some reward.. and you ruined

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Definitely. Reminds me of a few years ago I took a cruise and the "host" was asking where people where from... USA? lots of clapping. Canada? Clapping. Germany? Clapping Anywhere else? Someone yelled Texas and all the Texans started screaming :P

Sorry about the hijack.

No hijack apology needed, I am just as guilty, haha.

When I was stationed in Europe for years, and people there - generally no matter how much they talk about disliking Americans -would always ask me where I am from and I would say "Texas" and I swear to god almost every time the first things out of their mouths were "Are you a cowboy? Do you have a gun? Do you have a horse?" I kid you not :D

kallima
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
They should cancel it too, in my opinion. No one should get the helm.

This was pretty much the only thing I said when we first received word of the helm:

I didn't complain and curse the heavens that Droids didn't get the helm or beg for it to come for the Droids. Asommers simply took Droiders into consideration after that single statement. In fact, I see more iOS users crying about the fact that the helm is much more "common" now. Who gives a flying crap? If Asommers never changed it to the 6 month period to exclude Droids, I wouldn't have complained or cried about it. They're just pixels. Anyway, I hope to God they cancel it because it's extremely annoying to hear all you "April to May" users moan and cry about the fact that your pixelated "hat" isn't special anymore. I seriously can't imagine how you'd all feel if you had a PL shield or a Community Shield once they become more and more common - you guys would be the first to complain about it.

It's. Just. Pixels. Grow. Up.

I see way more posts from Apple users complaining - I guess it's now a battle between the pot and the kettle.

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
No hijack apology needed, I am just as guilty, haha.

When I was stationed in Europe for years, and people there - generally no matter how much they talk about disliking Americans -would always ask me where I am from and I would say "Texas" and I swear to god almost every time the first things out of their mouths were "Are you a cowboy? Do you have a gun? Do you have a horse?" I kid you not :D

What!! Haven't all Americans got guns! lol jk

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I see way more posts from Apple users complaining - I guess it's now a battle between the pot and the kettle.

We are not talking about this anymore, we are talking about guns, Texas, Europe and other non-related topics in hopes that the original subject will be forgotten as a bunch of overblown hype ;)

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
What!! Haven't all Americans got guns! lol jk

Oh, a lot of us do....it's up to you to figure out which ones :D I kid, I kid.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, a lot of us do....it's up to you to figure out which ones :D I kid, I kid.

No. Texans have guns. The others have sling shots.

Darkchylde
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Texas has the right to carry an believe me i practice it everyday im fixing to walk out my door with either my ruger sr9 r mp 45 @moog sorry my fellow Texan like american express says dont leave home without it well i never leave without my gun

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Texas has the right to carry an believe me i practice it everyday im fixing to walk out my door with either my ruger sr9 r mp 45 @moog sorry my fellow Texan like american express says dont leave home without it well i never leave without my gun

I can't imagine having to live a life where I need to take a gun with me everywhere...

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
I can't imagine having to live a life where I need to take a gun with me everywhere...

You don't have to you simply do. :D
It's a Texas Thing...Ya'll Wouldn't Understand. :P

red
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Im an android user who started in november, which if i am correct, is the month that PL on android went live. it sucks that i cant have the helm because if i had an iphone and had noticed this app in april, i would've downloaded it in a heartbeat, just as i did for android. but i respect the people that played it thru when only Haven, Dark forest, and Balefort(am i correct on that?) were there. so android users need to pipe down, its just not that big of a deal. plus if android users got one that would mean that every player that player from november would complain they didn't have one, so its best to leave it be.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
im an android user who started in november, which if i am correct, is the month that PL on android went live. it sucks that i cant have the helm because if i had an iphone and had noticed this app in april, i would've downloaded it in a heartbeat, just as i did for android. but i respect the people that played it thru when only Haven, Dark forest, and Balefort(am i correct on that?) were there. so android users need to pipe down, its just not that big of a deal. plus if android users got one that would mean that every player that player from november would complain they didn't have one, so its bet to leave it be.

And this relates to Texas, how?

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
I see we are back on topic - shame I liked the gun discussion.

red
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
And this relates to Texas, how? umm, it relates to the topic at hand. i live in Houston, we don't all cary guns,(tho we will kill anything that the hunting season permits!) but seriously not all Texans are cowboys who ride horses and cary guns

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
umm, it relates to the topic at hand. i live in Houston, we don't all cary guns,(tho we will kill anything that the hunting season permits!) but seriously not all Texans are cowboys who ride horses and cary guns

True some of us own hummers to carry our horses trailers when travelling long distances. :D

(OK OK I'll stop the thread derailing now)

red
04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
True some of us own hummers to carry our horses trailers when travelling long distances. :D please dont do what Jersey Shore did for the population of New Jersey , and push a stereotype not all of us want. i drive a pickup truck not a hummer! lol

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:48 PM
please dont do what Jersey Shore did for the population of New Jersey , and push a stereotype not all of us want. i drive a pickup truck not a hummer! lol

The difference is our stereotype is cool. LOL

Barbamitsos
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
i noticed you edited your post from this.

to this just cause it made you look bad i assume

yes i did cause i misunderstood u at the begining and i am sorry for that.

red
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM
hey stomp, wanna go to Austin and find a random Business that starts with a "S" and go inside and hack all their programs?

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
hey stomp, wanna go to Austin and find a random Business that starts with a "S" and go inside and hack all their programs?

Nope. But I'd be willing to invest in such a random business. :D

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
The difference is our stereotype is cool. LOL

I guess it might sound cool, but others may not think that way. Regarding guns and hunting - for example where I live, there is a great deal of controversy over something like fox hunting or even animal culling. But I realise this is completely off topic so I'll shut up. lol. :)

red
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
isnt sts in austin?

superglut2
04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Its just a helmet that no ones goig to use anyways and that looks boring...

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
please dont do what Jersey Shore did for the population of New Jersey , and push a stereotype not all of us want. i drive a pickup truck not a hummer! lol

Lighten up :) I'm a tenth or so generation Texan, literally, so I love kidding around about Texas and its stereotypes. A major road in Houston, where you say you live, is named after my family from back in the 1800s, we have been here so long. People have stereotypes of not only Texans but all Americans, no matter what we do or say amongst the few hundred of us active here :p

p.s. I own a gun, but don't own a pickup or horse trailer, Stomp. But a dude in my neighborhood does have a longhorn skull on the front of his huge Dodge pickup, lol.

Moogerfooger
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
isnt sts in austin?

Yes, they are. We should have a STS road trip...me, Stomp, Red and Darkchylde could come visit :D whattya say, STS?

Echelong
04-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes, they are. We should have a STS road trip...me, Stomp, Red and Darkchylde could come visit :D whattya say, STS?

Moog and Cinco together, now that will be a sight to see.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Why is my name always being used in this topic -_-

Jeaz I don't care about the helm cause I don't twink I was just making a thread about it to tell people what's Going on and update it according to new info please stop calling me selfish , a whiner ect.

As I do not deserve to be called these and i really was just trying to help make a thread to explain to people.

asommers
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
The correct thread for this discussion is here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23926-Pocket-Legends-Founder-s-Helm

-ALS