PDA

View Full Version : When Will Free 'main spine' Be Taken Down?

Energel
04-20-2011, 02:57 AM
I can see why it was done as a present for the anniversary, but I've not come across anything saying when it'll be taken away, when is this?
I am outraged that us who spend money and support PL loose out to those who do sweet Fanny Adams.
/rant

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Two weeks I believe.
correct me if I'm wrong

Phaiz
04-20-2011, 03:03 AM
May 4th, and IMHO if you loved the game enough to pay to support it, you shouldn't have a problem with them trying to bring in more players to keep it going

New and existing players will get full access to Balefort Castle, Fathom Crypts, The Lost Expedition, The Ancient Swamps, Balefort Sewers, and The Alien Oasis Trilogy which will allow characters to progress to the end of the game for free. These adventure areas will remain free until Monday, May 4, 2011.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?242-Spacetime-Studios-Celebrates-1-Year-of-Pocket-Legends-With-Massive-Giveaway-and-Celebration

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
honestly who cares if we dont get more player pl may eventually be shut down. How outraged will u be then?

Energel
04-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks for quick help, and I understand it from a business point of view, guess its just a pet peeve of mine, seeing people getting things I've paid for, for free.

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:10 AM
honestly who cares if we dont get more player pl may eventually be shut down. How outraged will u be then?
the glass is half full, not half empty my friend... this game is only getting better i say

MAlandM
04-20-2011, 03:13 AM
I was shocked at what happened as well... I wish I had my platinum refunded because I only gained and spent it last week... Last Wednesday... I just hope those new players will also lose access to the new maps, not only players that have been idle for this time.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:14 AM
the glass is half full, not half empty my friend... this game is only getting better i say

My teacher says that.

also i was more talking about who cares about it bieng free if we dont get new players pl may eventually shut down then a rhetorical question how outraged will u be then

I was shocked at what happened as well... I wish I had my platinum refunded because I only gained and spent it last week... Last Wednesday... I just hope those new players will also lose access to the new maps, not only players that have been idle for this time.

thats quite selfish just let the noobs have fun on school holidays.

also thx for suporting pl

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:18 AM
i dont think it will ever shut down... we already have a lot of members and it was growing even before the maps were free

MAlandM
04-20-2011, 03:21 AM
My teacher says that.

also i was more talking about who cares about it bieng free if we dont get new players pl may eventually shut down then a rhetorical question how outraged will u be then

thats quite selfish just let the noobs have fun on school holidays.

also thx for suporting pl

Its just that those people had the same privileges as us... And some of them were level 2!!! Lol... Its strange... I do support PL, but I don't support this update. Sorry. That shield I got I don't really need anyway so I'll be happy if they become tradable. The noobs also most likely have quite some money to even buy a device to play this game on and if they wanted to, they could have very easily bought platinum for themselves.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Its just that those people had the same privileges as us... And some of them were level 2!!! Lol... Its strange... I do support PL, but I don't support this update. Sorry. That shield I got I don't really need anyway so I'll be happy if they become tradable. The noobs also most likely have quite some money to even buy a device to play this game on and if they wanted to, they could have very easily bought platinum for themselves.

yes but honestly would you pay for a game or would you get it if it became free

cause its free we get more people coming and then more people biting the bullet and buying plat

MAlandM
04-20-2011, 03:26 AM
yes but honestly would you pay for a game or would you get it if it became free

cause its free we get more people coming and then more people biting the bullet and buying plat

I would get a game if it became free. But I got it when it wasn't. I didn't even know it was going to become free. I would never think a dev team would ever do a good thing like that. Also, you're acting like you're a developer... Why do u care if more people buy plat? In fact, less people will buy plat...

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow... I'm starting to feel bad for this next generation...

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:45 AM
I would get a game if it became free. But I got it when it wasn't. I didn't even know it was going to become free. I would never think a dev team would ever do a good thing like that. Also, you're acting like you're a developer... Why do u care if more people buy plat? In fact, less people will buy plat...
i am not acting like a dev i am simply saying someone who is playing will wanna buy plat (especially at lvl 56 for the crown of persistance)

DOAPSaint
04-20-2011, 03:49 AM
May I point out right now that your join date is Apr 2011 and Corpsers is Nov 2010? Lets stop hijacking this thread

Corpser
04-20-2011, 03:56 AM
May I point out right now that your join date is Apr 2011 and Corpsers is Nov 2010? Lets stop hijacking this thread

i joined a fair bit before this as i joined the game before i joined the forums

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 06:36 AM
i am not acting like a dev i am simply saying someone who is playing will wanna buy plat (especially at lvl 56 for the crown of persistance)

Do you honestly think that the kids who all beg on FB to be allowed to buy Plat with gold, will spend plat on things like elixirs, when they wouldn't even pay to play the game? I highly doubt it.
Also, Corpser, I'm BEGGING you -- please use punctuation.

Corpser
04-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Do you honestly think that the kids who all beg on FB to be allowed to buy Plat with gold, will spend plat on things like elixirs, when they wouldn't even pay to play the game? I highly doubt it.
Also, Corpser, I'm BEGGING you -- please use punctuation.

i find that comment offensive to my english skills ( yeah im a bad speller and make mistakes)

and yes kids will they beg cause they dont under stand and they will buy elixers just before the maps become free agian so they can get as high as possible