PDA

View Full Version : Problem with plat elixir

nazgulking
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello folks!
I have just been booted for foolish reason, after buying elixir with plat. Do i get a refund for that?

Any insight would be helpful! Very angry at the moment!

Echelong
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I feared this would happen... people losing real money for booting. Well I don't know if devs can do anything just send them an email at support(at)spacetimestudios.com change the (at) for @ this is to keep spam bots at bay.

My recommendation is for don't buy elixirs till the devs address the issue and change them or risk losing real money for them.

Bgandyful
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Now thats a problem .....

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I feared this would happen... people losing real money for booting. Well I don't know if devs can do anything just send them an email at support(at)spacetimestudios.com change the (at) for @ this is to keep spam bots at bay.

My recommendation is for don't buy elixirs till the devs address the issue and change them or risk losing real money for them.

I agree there is a lot of booting going on at the moment and therefore it isn't really safe buying pots with plat. I can see this happening a lot more in the future. I'm sorry this happened to you.

asommers
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
What do you think about not being able to boot anyone that has an elixir?

-ALS

nazgulking
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the comprehension guys. I'll try that echelong. I'm boiling red for the anger!

RedRyder
04-20-2011, 10:36 AM

-ALS

Then we'll have the issue of people potting so we can't boot them.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:37 AM

-ALS

I dunno about that. Could lead to people potting up just to avoid being booted. Sometimes there ARE valid reasons for booting.

RedRyder
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I dunno about that. Could lead to people potting up just to avoid being booted. Sometimes there ARE valid reasons for booting.

JYNX you owe me a beer :p

BlazeMystic
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
How about pots lasting for much longer than a few minutes and if players die or get booted or play a different level the pot is still active?

FluffNStuff
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
How about pots lasting for much longer than a few minutes and if players die or get booted or play a different level the pot is still active?

It sounds like that is coming, just not here yet.

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Side note -- would be kind of funny if there was a boot-proof elixir. For those players who just can't find a team that will let them stay, they can buy a boot-proof elixir for 10 plat, 4 of which goes to each of the other players on the team :p

And then they could make a Big Loser helm that can be bought for 50 plat and has a 5% chance to do the same as the boot-proof elixir.

Oh come on, you don't think think it would be funny seeing someone try to boot someone simply for wearing Big Loser, and the effect kicks in just then? ;)

Bgandyful
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I agree with redryder and lesrider

asommers
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
We can't change the client. We added persistent elixirs for 1.7.2. I think more players will be happier than they didn't lose money as opposed to players spending money to grief others.

-ALS

Lesrider
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
We can't change the client. We added persistent elixirs for 1.7.2. I think more players will be happier than they didn't lose money as opposed to players spending money to grief others.

-ALS

You may just end up with frustrated hosts/teams that leave the one player and make a new game to avoid being forced to play with them.
Then again, I dunno how many people will spend plat on elixirs in thefirst place, so maybe you're right -- there might not be too many instances of this happening.

nazgulking
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Side note- STS solved my problem. + 1000 win points :)

Ellyidol
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Side note too, does this mean elixirs will get altered only in 1.7.2? Or will there be changes before hand?

Physiologic
04-20-2011, 11:42 AM

-ALS

Was this a rhetorical question?

kiitz
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM
"Can't Boot" when elixirs are on doesn't make sense, especially since persistent elixirs are around the corner. Pretty much more worth it just to wait till the new elixirs come out. I'm surprised anyone even put one on in its current state!

I'm quite excited about persistent elixirs. Its really about the cost/benefit analysis and providing the right level of incentives. At the end of the day if you buy a large chunk of plat, the per plat cost is quite low. If I felt like the elixirs cost/benefit ratio were favorable, I'd definitely invest in a large chunk of plat just to get all my elixir needs satisfied. Once the scale tips the other way though, then people will just decide its not worth it at all and not use them. Its a pretty difficult balance to achieve I think.

Echelong
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM

-ALS

This will be great unless they cost to much plat. But I will support them if the price is right. Thanks!!!

As for the no booting part, people can just leave and leave the poor potted player all alone in the area. Maybe a one time free elixir of the same he bought if that person was booted less than 20 seconds or so after he potted and shouldn't be given more than 2 or 3 times, because lets face it if you didn't learn the first 3 times then you should lose your money.

Doubletime
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM

-ALS

Wow. Thanks guys for listening to us and trying to address our concerns. This should be a big help. A price nerf would be nice too. :) But I will take what I can get.

As for not being able to boot, I am not sure I am a big fan of that. I think it may just lead to a new set of problems or complaints from people potting to avoid boots.

Diodge
04-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I would like to see elixers that last 24hour's/days.
Then make the lower first set of elixers be bought with gold. They last 5minutes.

I would buy elixers with plat if the price and time changed.

I want to support the game other then Tapjoy. The vanity helms dont fire me up to spend plat. They add little boosts like luck and I will buy. The elixers going to plat and getting a rework will give me a way to support something I love to play.

If the prices are all jacked up and it will cost a lot to have them on. I just wont use plat like before.

Ellyidol
04-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I'll be happy to spend plat for daily, weekly, or even monthly elixirs. Most free games I've played offer this type of bundle, huge amount of people actually get em.

Thanks for the future change ALS!

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Meh. I'd rather take the scenic route...

JaytB
04-20-2011, 12:28 PM
This will be a tricky thing to solve. Either make the person buying elix happy or the host... As mentioned here already, my guess is that ppl will just start to buy elix so they don't get booted. Good thing for STS as it will probably generate more income, bad thing for anybody hosting a pug. I'm mostly done with pugs anyway and rarely boot anybody regardless of level, so for me personally it wouldn't make any difference.

Curious to see what the solution for this will be...

WJJ
04-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I would be happy to spend plat on elixirs if they lasted at least an hour and were persistent. Other than that I won't buy them.

noneo
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM

-ALS

I think that allowing elixirs to still last after being booted would be a simple fix. Change the elixir so that it's "countdown" only occurs when in a dungeon. So the five minutes will still apply if you are in a dungeon for all five minutes, but if you get booted, the countdown will pause until you join your next game.

StompArtist
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM

-ALS

People who should truly be booted for silly behavior and would pot to avoid the boot can still be reported if it is them chatting horrible things. If they just play bad they will cause the run to fail and eventually run out of plat anyways. I do not see this as being that big of a problem except for someone potting and just following without fighting but then the group can always leave so not in their interest either.