PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Chickdigcookies
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
So i posted something about the game being a bit more enjoyable while playing alone and making the end game more of a "5man" dependable kinda thing...?

And booting, i shall touch that topic too.

Now i know you dont like when people compare games, but at times, you have to. Poach some ideas. imo

Diablo2 had this thing...that depending on how many players where in your room, it increased the exp gain and diffculty of the monsters. Thus allowing someone to play alone, with the downside of not gaining as much exp, but the benefit of not having to depend on 7 others.

Maybe something like this could work. Would also make leveing a bit less obnoxious. and even out the difficulty.

Booting.

I play WoW, and booting is a big part of the game when youre doing dungeons. You dont want to carry a bad dps, a horrible healer or a tank who cant hold aggro. The booting system is fairly simple, just like in PL, but it requires more then 3 votes in order to boot someone. Also leaving a dungeon when not finished gives you a Dungeon Deserter debuff, not allowing you to enter another dungeon until your debuff is gone. Takes 30 minutes. For the person who starts the boot, youre only allowed to boot every 2 hours.

Maybe something like this could work too. maybe it wouldnt.

enjoy.

Adamantium
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, I think this game is intended for group play and not solo. In diablo, there is a single player mode and the game then balances having more people in the game by making the monsters harder. This game seems balanced around 5 ppl parties, much like wow instances. So I don't see them making enemies weaker when you play alone since they want to you group up.

Now the dungeon desseter idea would not work on a mobile mmo. Because it's mobile. Meaning it was intended for 5-10 mins play sessions. Not hours of raid content.

Ex:
Im waiting for a bus which comes in 12 mins. I log on to PL. Do 2 floors of a dungeon when the bus shows up. I put my phone in my pocket , pay for the bus and can't play since it's crowded. I get off at my stop, and check PL only to see I have a DD debuff on me and can't play for the next 20 mins.

IMO, this game is about quick play times and no penalties for dying or deserting. The game is played on a mobile platform and people have to understand that not everyone is sitting at home level grinding. It can be annoying to lose that awesome tank mid way but that's the type of experience you signed up for. I don't get upset or insulted, just like I hope others are the same when I do it to them.