PDA

View Full Version : Venom database

Xanthia
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Venom is putting together a functional, searchable item database for every item in the game. (Props for our Guild GFX/Programmer.) We are currently in development of the database, however we are going to open up our forums to help getting this list completed for YOU! (THE PL COMMUNITY)

This database is going to be accessible to anyone from anywhere!

This database is going to be similar to http://thottbot.com/ from WoW!

I hope that you all look forward to the completion of this project, because it is going to change the way you search for all items PL related :)

We need your help and are willing to give Special Thanks on our Search Page to you if you can help us out!!!!

If you wish to help Venom achieve this feat for the PL Community please go to:

http://venom.forumn.net/forum.htm and Register, it is Instant Authorization, so no need to search your email for link! After registering you will see a list of forum titles - You will be wanting to go into Database Items - where there are several threads already opened and titled by Zone, BUT....BEFORE YOU GO POST HEAVY PLEASE READ THE POSTING FORMAT.

After reading how to post, please then post items based on their zone, just reply to the zone post, and if someone has already posted your item, please do not add it again :)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!! WE Will inform you of the updates as soon as I find out!! :)

BestHyun
05-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm on it =)

Everyone should support for the sake of the PL community!

nerdherd
05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
This is great. I've been wanting to do something like this I just haven't had the time lately. I already registered and hope to contribute soon.

On minor complaint though...the color scheme of your forum is really hard on the eyes (in my opinion). Have you thought about going to something a little easier to read?

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread, I wanted to inform all of you that the database is less than a week away from being fully functional!! So, we have been doing a lot of work at Venom to get a list of items that we are going to add, I promise you all that it will benefit you in the future when you are looking up the stats of a piece of armor or weapon set that you want.

SO LETS DO THIS!!!

Azrael
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm bumpin too...

Cause you dogs need to get to work!

Obliteration
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
You guys should ask the guild "Legends" to help you also. They were working on an item database but I don't think it's going to searchable and as detailed as yours, I do know they have a pretty complete item list. I'm sure they'd love to help.

King Richie
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Your wrong ob ;) we are nearly complete with our very own wiki !! were just putting in the final details !

Evante
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM
This will be like Thottbot for PL hehe.. Nice work guys = )

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Ours will be searchable by Item: Name, Type (Helm,Armor, Weapons, Shield), Rarity (Legendary, Epic, etc..), Stats, Stat Requirements, Level, and Zone Requirements

King Richie
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
thats what a wiki is xan

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
ok. :) we will see!

King Richie
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
let the database race begin =)

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Well Wikipedia is a simple text and is static, and ours is Dynamic and is a searchable tool! Just a difference

Dizko
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't know much about wiki's but i've seen what the guys are working on and it seems very useful indeed.

Too bad its only Legends and Venom doing all the work.

Its always only been us :P

Where are you other guilds? Get in here and help!

King Richie
05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Well see ours Go's much deeper than just weapons but it is searchable under those headings aswell so in theroy we should really help each other atleast ti finish the weapons part of our information gathering

Royce
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Is the plan for this to always remain available to the whole PL community? If so, I'll contribute when I have the chance.

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Well this is more than just weapons, it is every equip-able item in the game

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Like I said in my original post :) IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE :) We are making this for you!!! We want you all to visit and use the site a LOT!

HectorCruz
05-27-2010, 01:46 PM
That's very generous of you Vemon and Lengeds. Thanks!! I'd help out, but I'm illiterate.

Edit: When did I become a senior member?? I'm not that old!

Bodhi
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Guys the wiki i've started is public its not a item list its about everyting there is no race in doing this yes legends members are working on the wikia atm but that is because I started it if I wanted something attached to legends it would be on the appradar not wikia and as being public Xan is welcome to anything on there to help there database along.

Just building the basic framework on wikia is not a quick thing and also editing is easy if you know what your doing but its not if u have no idea this was never done as a Legends Versus Venom thing I started it because of my thread swamp pink slip and the other wikia was not as detailed as I would like.

If u want to check it out go to http://plclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Legends_Wiki im going to get some guides on there how to post unless u know how to work a wiki plz wait for them this wasnt planned to be annouced yet so its not fully up.

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks Bodhii, it looks good so far, I am looking forward to using it :)

Yes, and for the record there was never a race to see who finishes first.

Dizko
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Venoob and Legends have always been friends.

:P

Xanthia
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
hahaha that is funny Legendary Elite Federation Alliance what is your guild song again Dizko?

Edatx
05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Make a jQTouch (http://www.jqtouch.com/) interface and you win!

Druc
05-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Make a jQTouch (http://www.jqtouch.com/) interface and you win!

Will be something I'll look into once the basic framework of the database is done and we can ensure it's working correctly.

Obliteration
05-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Your wrong ob ;) we are nearly complete with our very own wiki !! were just putting in the final details !

I'm not talking about details I'm talking about detail. There's is a searchable that's more detailed.

Diz
05-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Like I said in my original post :) IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE :) We are making this for you!!! We want you all to visit and use the site a LOT!

So you're really doing it so you have name recognition / appreciation from players for databasing what they're too lazy to do. I C THRU UR SCHEME.

No but really the smack talking between the two guilds Ven/Leg is reaching CRITICAL MASS

smokescreen
05-28-2010, 01:48 PM
So you're really doing it so you have name recognition / appreciation from players for databasing what they're too lazy to do. I C THRU UR SCHEME.

No but really the smack talking between the two guilds Ven/Leg is reaching CRITICAL MASS

Cant we all just get along :P

And a big THANK YOU to everyone helping with our projects!

Xanthia
05-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Lol, we are doing the database for ourselves, but we are going to allow anyone to view it. Also, there is no smack talk between Venom and and Legends and if there is, it is all in fun.

Diz
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm only busting both clan's balls, lol. Gj on the wiki.

Dizko
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
hahaha that is funny Legendary Elite Federation Alliance what is your guild song again Dizko?

Lol shut up we don't have a song.

Yet.